Forums/Armchair-GM

my hope for lines

Créé par: Trickster
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 9 déc. 2020
Publié: 9 déc. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I want to see Tavares and Marner on same line again.

I feel Barbanov was probably promised a spot in the top9 to start the year at least.

I am hoping that Thornton and Speeza will be each 50% of the games, I'm not sure either has the speed to be effective past a 4th line role.
Sure in sports they play up a bit but too much.

I really liked Engvall, Speeza and Clifford together, hoping that Simmonds can just plug in there and make it work.

Lastly I do not see a season happening without a taxi squad or whatever you want to call.

This will likely make roster sizes expanded and not limited to the usual norm.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $81 149 741 $0 $0 $350 259 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
874 125 $874 125 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 déc. 2020 à 13 h 38
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Should just roll with Tavares-Matthews-Nylander
Muzzin-Marner

Leave Muzzin at the red line to play a 1 man trap if the other boys lose the puck.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2020 à 13 h 39
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Agreed, I would love to see JT and Marner back on the same line and reunite Matthews and Nylander. I really liked when Engvall Kerfoot Mikheyev played together, great checking line. Also, I think Barabanov is going to surprise a lot of people with his game. I think pairing Vesey in the top 6 could help bring back his game. Lines I'd like are:

Nylander Matthews Hyman
Vesey Tavares Maner
Engvall Kerfoot Mikheyev
Barabanov Thornton Simmonds
Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Lehtonen Dermott
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2020 à 15 h 53
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
I like these lines. I was not a fan of using a super line for an entire game. It weakens the rest of the lines imo.

I would try Rielly/Brodie before trying other things.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2020 à 17 h 14
Meh
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 239
"I do not see a season happening without a taxi squad or whatever you want to call."

There is talk of expanded rosters from 23 to 26 plus an additional 4 members in a taxi squad.

I feel that most likely the expanded roster of up to 26 would need to remain under the current cap, and I think it is at least possible that the 4 members in a taxi squad would be used in terms of getting into the lineup like emergency recall has been used in the past and therefore those 4 players would have to be eligible for emergency recall (ie AAV of 800K or less).
9 déc. 2020 à 18 h 14
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Quoting: oneX
I like these lines. I was not a fan of using a super line for an entire game. It weakens the rest of the lines imo.

I would try Rielly/Brodie before trying other things.

Didnt realize D pairs got changed, fixed now.
9 déc. 2020 à 18 h 15
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Miles_Togo
"I do not see a season happening without a taxi squad or whatever you want to call."

There is talk of expanded rosters from 23 to 26 plus an additional 4 members in a taxi squad.

I feel that most likely the expanded roster of up to 26 would need to remain under the current cap, and I think it is at least possible that the 4 members in a taxi squad would be used in terms of getting into the lineup like emergency recall has been used in the past and therefore those 4 players would have to be eligible for emergency recall (ie AAV of 800K or less).

How do you think roster size will impact the cap of each team??
9 déc. 2020 à 18 h 46

I think the league will have to make exceptions for just this season because of COVID. Taxi squads I think will need to be exempt from the cap but the league will have rules about who qualifies for said squads.

Waivers are going to need some modifications as well imo.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2020 à 19 h 11
Meh
Quoting: Trickster
How do you think roster size will impact the cap of each team??

I don't think that it will change that much. If they increase the cap by 3M or something then it would have a sizeable impact, but I don't see why the owners would even think about agreeing to that. So if the cap stays the same the few teams that currently have a decent amount of space will be able to carry more than 23 players if they wish. The teams that are already up against the cap won't be able to carry more unless they have a roster player go on LTIR during the season. The main benefit of the expanded roster and taxi squad would be for teams that have their AHL team in another country (Van, Edm, Cgy - but they are already up against the cap)

I am sure that things would be different if NHL players had agreed to defer more of their salaries, but they didn't so NHL teams, many of whom are already expecting to lose a lot of money this year would simply lose more with a higher salary cap.

So for instance with the Leafs. I think that opening day roster is similar to what you have except Bogo will 100% be in the lineup. Likely one of Engvall or Barabanov will not be on the roster. It will be a 21 player roster because that is all they have cap room for. As I think there is a good chance that the taxi squad will only be allowed to consist of player who would be eligible for emergency recall I think that it will probably consist of something like Boyd, Anderson, Marincin and Dell.

If the Leafs' have an IR injury or illness then one of those 4 goes in essentially as an emergency recall. If they have an LTIR injury then they could either bring in players from the taxi squad or bring up someone (or multiple players depending on the cap hit going onto LTIR) from the Marlies if they chose to. There were many times last season when due to players being placed on LTIR the Leafs' had a roster of 23 players and plenty of LTIR cap space that they were simply losing. They would have had the cap room to expand the roster well above 23 players. If there are multiple players with Covid then they simply reschedule some games.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2020 à 19 h 14
Meh
I think the league will have to make exceptions for just this season because of COVID. Taxi squads I think will need to be exempt from the cap but the league will have rules about who qualifies for said squads.

Waivers are going to need some modifications as well imo.

I think that the league will make some exceptions because of covid, but I don't see the owners agreeing to anything that costs them significantly more money - as an increased cap would. Already these taxi squads are going to cost teams a lot of money just in per diem and travel costs.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 1 h 44
I think that the league will make some exceptions because of covid, but I don't see the owners agreeing to anything that costs them significantly more money - as an increased cap would. Already these taxi squads are going to cost teams a lot of money just in per diem and travel costs.

Yeah, zero increase in cap. Players on taxi squads will likely make AHL salaries and only if they play games will warrant them an NHL salary.

It's going to cost more but not because players are making more money. It's the cost of playing during a pandemic. Just like COVID testing, which costs money the league didn't have to spend pre-COVID.
Trickster et Miles_Togo a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 13 h 2
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel

Yeah, zero increase in cap. Players on taxi squads will likely make AHL salaries and only if they play games will warrant them an NHL salary.

It's going to cost more but not because players are making more money. It's the cost of playing during a pandemic. Just like COVID testing, which costs money the league didn't have to spend pre-COVID.

Totally agree, no increase to cap coming.
What worries me is whether teams still looking sign players will take advantage of what is put in place.

Like Tampa is trying to sign 2 of this RFAs still.

I really hope not but let's see what rules the NHL puts in place.
oneX a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
I don't think that it will change that much. If they increase the cap by 3M or something then it would have a sizeable impact, but I don't see why the owners would even think about agreeing to that. So if the cap stays the same the few teams that currently have a decent amount of space will be able to carry more than 23 players if they wish. The teams that are already up against the cap won't be able to carry more unless they have a roster player go on LTIR during the season. The main benefit of the expanded roster and taxi squad would be for teams that have their AHL team in another country (Van, Edm, Cgy - but they are already up against the cap)

I am sure that things would be different if NHL players had agreed to defer more of their salaries, but they didn't so NHL teams, many of whom are already expecting to lose a lot of money this year would simply lose more with a higher salary cap.

So for instance with the Leafs. I think that opening day roster is similar to what you have except Bogo will 100% be in the lineup. Likely one of Engvall or Barabanov will not be on the roster. It will be a 21 player roster because that is all they have cap room for. As I think there is a good chance that the taxi squad will only be allowed to consist of player who would be eligible for emergency recall I think that it will probably consist of something like Boyd, Anderson, Marincin and Dell.

If the Leafs' have an IR injury or illness then one of those 4 goes in essentially as an emergency recall. If they have an LTIR injury then they could either bring in players from the taxi squad or bring up someone (or multiple players depending on the cap hit going onto LTIR) from the Marlies if they chose to. There were many times last season when due to players being placed on LTIR the Leafs' had a roster of 23 players and plenty of LTIR cap space that they were simply losing. They would have had the cap room to expand the roster well above 23 players. If there are multiple players with Covid then they simply reschedule some games.

In regards to Bogosian, I think he will be playing approximately 30 to 35 % of the games, without injuries.

He will be the first man to see increased games and minutes when injuries occur but i feel overall that Dermott and Holl can offer more overall and they are more likely to have a future with the Leafs beyond this season.

Barabanov and Lehtonen, I feel Barabanov would not have signed with Leafs if a top9 slot was not on the table.

Lehtonen, I feel he was promised a top6 spot or he would not have signed.

Both of them are KHL players that if the Leafs dont honour these type of deals, it would want haunt them in future with chances at other players.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 32
Meh
Modifié 10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 37
Quoting: Trickster
In regards to Bogosian, I think he will be playing approximately 30 to 35 % of the games, without injuries.

He will be the first man to see increased games and minutes when injuries occur but i feel overall that Dermott and Holl can offer more overall and they are more likely to have a future with the Leafs beyond this season.

That is a common view on here, but I think that it will turn out to be incorrect. Dubas said that he was looking for a presence and a different type of D. Outside of Muzzin and Bogo every other D is the same and there is no presence. Bogo would not have signed in Toronto unless he was ensured that he was going to be getting steady ice time. Bogo wants to play and he is not interested in sitting. It is why he signed for less than he was offered elsewhere. He won't stick around if he is getting healthy scratched (he asked for a trade out of Buffalo on the day that he was healthy scratched for the second time).

Quote:
Barabanov and Lehtonen, I feel Barabanov would not have signed with Leafs if a top9 slot was not on the table.

Both of them are KHL players that if the Leafs dont honour these type of deals, it would want haunt them in future with chances at other players.

I don't think that it will be Lehtonen sitting. I think that it will be Dermott sitting (which is a complete shame) the most and Holl sitting some. I think that they go 7 D at times, but not often. Barabanov probably gets in over Engvall whether or not he should (beats me?), but it will depend somewhat on how they look in camp. Personally, I don't think that not honouring these deals will haunt them, I think that it will free them, because personally I think that the team is far, far, far too interested in and dependent on bringing in these free wallets instead of actually doing what they should be doing which is properly developing their own prospects. They have brought in Zaitsev, Rosen, Borgman, Oz and Lehtonen over the last 4 years. So far I don't think that those 5 have helped, and have actually allowed the Leafs' to get away with not putting in the effort to building and developing a proper D-core. They are a crutch as far as I am concerned. Zaitsev allowed them to get away with not properly fixing their right side D for years. And because he was UFA after 1 year they signed him long-term to a bad contract before they really knew what they had in him. The necessity of giving Borgman and Rosen a chance for half a season blocked Dermott (who looked better in the exhibition games) from getting in for that half a season. Bringing over and using Oz left 37 games experience Dermott with an inappropriate, no NHL experience partner for most of a season which hurt Dermott's development. Instead they could have signed a cheap vet to mentor him. Lehtonen is a D the Leafs' won't be able to re-sign if he is good and if he is not good then he is just taking away a spot from a long-term D (again, most likely Dermott).

I don't think that the Leafs' have gained what people think they have through these free wallets. There is the odd time when a free wallet makes sense. Emphasis on odd time. The Leafs repeatedly go back to that well wearing rose-coloured glasses and then they prance around singing "I've got a golden ticket" and forget about what will actually make them a good team - developing.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 15 h 41
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
That is a common view on here, but I think that it will turn out to be incorrect. Dubas said that he was looking for a presence and a different type of D. Outside of Muzzin and Bogo every other D is the same and there is no presence. Bogo would not have signed in Toronto unless he was ensured that he was going to be getting steady ice time. Bogo wants to play and he is not interested in sitting. It is why he signed for less than he was offered elsewhere. He won't stick around if he is getting healthy scratched (he asked for a trade out of Buffalo on the day that he was healthy scratched for the second time).

Quote:

I don't think that it will be Lehtonen sitting. I think that it will be Dermott sitting (which is a complete shame) the most and Holl sitting some. I think that they go 7 D at times, but not often. Barabanov probably gets in over Engvall whether or not he should (beats me?), but it will depend somewhat on how they look in camp. Personally, I don't think that not honouring these deals will haunt them, I think that it will free them, because personally I think that the team is far, far, far too interested in and dependent on bringing in these free wallets instead of actually doing what they should be doing which is properly developing their own prospects. They have brought in Zaitsev, Rosen, Borgman, Oz and Lehtonen over the last 4 years. So far I don't think that those 5 have helped, and have actually allowed the Leafs' to get away with not putting in the effort to building and developing a proper D-core. They are a crutch as far as I am concerned. Zaitsev allowed them to get away with not properly fixing their right side D for years. And because he was UFA after 1 year they signed him long-term to a bad contract before they really knew what they had in him. The necessity of giving Borgman and Rosen a chance for half a season blocked Dermott (who looked better in the exhibition games) from getting in for that half a season. Bringing over and using Oz left 37 games experience Dermott with an inappropriate, no NHL experience partner for most of a season which hurt Dermott's development. Instead they could have signed a cheap vet to mentor him. Lehtonen is a D the Leafs' won't be able to re-sign if he is good and if he is not good then he is just taking away a spot from a long-term D (again, most likely Dermott).

I don't think that the Leafs' have gained what people think they have through these free wallets. There is the odd time when a free wallet makes sense. Emphasis on odd time. The Leafs repeatedly go back to that well wearing rose-coloured glasses and then they prance around singing "I've got a golden ticket" and forget about what will actually make them a good team - developing.

Solid points.
I am very interested on what happens.

Cheers.
oneX a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage