SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Canadian Division Standings

Créé par: TheLeafsSeason
Équipe: 2020-21 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 1 déc. 2020
Publié: 1 déc. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
10100 000 000 $45 449 774 $0 $5 350 000 $54 550 226 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Flames de Calgary
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
741 667 $741 667 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
2 325 000 $2 325 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 déc. 2020 à 11 h 54
Save Mcdavid
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,102
Montreal should be 4 or 5
1 déc. 2020 à 11 h 54
Hockee
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 868
I have the Canucks a bit higher than the Jets, I get that we lost Markstrom, but Demko should grow into that role

Tanev wasnt good last year and we had Toffoli for like 10 games

Petey, Hughes, Boeser and Miller should all take big steps next season. I think they will be top 4 in the division
1 déc. 2020 à 11 h 55
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,506
Well you got OTT right!
sensibleguy a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2020 à 11 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Quoting: DRshnuckels87

Why ? Just Allen was a huge acquisition, but we got Edmundson Toffoli and Anderson on top of that
1 déc. 2020 à 11 h 58
Quoting: deys3232
I have the Canucks a bit higher than the Jets, I get that we lost Markstrom, but Demko should grow into that role

Tanev wasnt good last year and we had Toffoli for like 10 games

Petey, Hughes, Boeser and Miller should all take big steps next season. I think they will be top 4 in the division

I think Miller and Hughes took their big steps already. Not to say they can't improve a little but it won't be massive changes to their game on a yearly bases from here on out
villenash a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 569
Quoting: DRshnuckels87

People shouldn't be sleeping on the Habs.

Habs Acqusitions: Toffoli, Allen, Edmundson, Anderson
Leafs Acquisitions: Simmonds, Vesey, Thornton, Boyd, Bogosian, Brodie, Anderson

Other than Brodie, Bogosian, and Thornton, I would take the Habs adds in a heartbeat.
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,089
I'd flip EDM and CGY, otherwise I like it.
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 3
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
I'd say
Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
Vancouver
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Ottawa
Apart from Ottawa last all of these could be changed
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 6
Hockee
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 868
Quoting: NYR1983
I think Miller and Hughes took their big steps already. Not to say they can't improve a little but it won't be massive changes to their game on a yearly bases from here on out

Hughes was just a rookie. He should get better
remowilliams a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 6
Save Mcdavid
Mentions "j'aime": 1,102
Quoting: GMs
Why ? Just Allen was a huge acquisition, but we got Edmundson Toffoli and Anderson on top of that

You guys gave up Domi who was arguably your best offensive player and we don't know if price will play like he did against Pittsburgh or how he did most of the season. Your also counting on weber to not fall
off a cliff this season when he is turning 36 which is when most players fall off. Without weber playing like an all star their Defense is not good at all. I do believe Montreal will make the playoffs but most likely as a 4 seed wether thats behind Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 10
Quoting: deys3232
Hughes was just a rookie. He should get better

He absolutely will! But he won't take a massive step and become better than McD... He took his massive step into the NHL and showed his elite abilities but moving forward it will be small improvements. No question he will be/is a top D and will sign a 7-10M contract very soon.
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 19
Jetsfan
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,585
Why is Calgary that high? Their defence got worse, goaltending got better, forwards stayed the same...unless you want to bank on Gaudreu and Monny stepping up, they are not going to be top 4.

EDM is a wildcard as their defence and goalies are in shambles...but they may overcome it

VAN is going as far as the goalies allow them...is Hotby past his best before date? is Demko a starter??

WPG is going as far as their defence allows them to...can the rookies step up and perform? If they do, they could be top 2.

MTL and TOR on paper look really good but will they choke against the tougher teams in the west? MTL 2 young centers could have bad 2nd years and MTL falls apart...TOR is TOR...they could be #1 or forget to show up half the time and miss the playoffs all together.

OTT is a good team to get points against...lol
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 20
Serf
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,461
Every game Ottawa wins will be a kick in the pants to the other team, lol.

Still gonna be a fun season to watch, one day, maybe...
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 22
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,634
Edmonton finished 1st among these teams last year and got better in the offseason. Love being the underdog though.
Lenny7 et JmoneyTalk a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2020 à 12 h 40
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
I don't see how Montreal jumps above Calgary (Who improved where they needed to improve), Winnipeg (Who filled the 2C hole that they had), and Edmonton.

Yes, the Habs made some good additions, but I don't see them making up the 11 pt difference between them and a playoff position. IMO, they'll challenge for a wildcard spot until the end of the season.

Honestly, if there was a team that shouldn't want an all-Canadian division, it would be the Habs. They'd stand a much better chance of snagging 3rd in the Atlantic, with Boston missing their two best players for a while, than they will in the Canadian division.
1 déc. 2020 à 13 h 30
Mentions "j'aime": 6,238
Quoting: Lenny7
I don't see how Montreal jumps above Calgary (Who improved where they needed to improve), Winnipeg (Who filled the 2C hole that they had), and Edmonton.

Yes, the Habs made some good additions, but I don't see them making up the 11 pt difference between them and a playoff position. IMO, they'll challenge for a wildcard spot until the end of the season.

Honestly, if there was a team that shouldn't want an all-Canadian division, it would be the Habs. They'd stand a much better chance of snagging 3rd in the Atlantic, with Boston missing their two best players for a while, than they will in the Canadian division.

I don't get the hate on you have for the Habs but they added Taffoli and Anderson to Byron, Tatar, Gallagher, Lehkonen, Drouin, Armia all 8 are potential 20+ goal scorers and 40+ point producers and 7 of the 8 are defensively responsible. Add to them Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Danault and 11 of our 12 forwards could have 20+ goals and 40+ points by seasons end. Then add to that Allen who filled our biggest need and we will get 10-15 more wins this season over last year. BTW Montreal finished with the best regular season record against the other Canadian teams last year with 21 points the next closest were Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg all with 18 points Edmonton had 16 points Ironically Ottawa had 12 points and Vancouver finished last with just 10 points against the other Canadian teams. All of the point data came from hockey reference by filtering each teams schedule down to just Canadian teams. With all of the gains each team made this year Montreal may have actually opened the gap between them and the rest of the Canadian pack. I think any of Toronto, Montreal Calgary or Edmonton can take the division but if you base it on last season's results and add to they the improvements it's Montreal's division to lose
1 déc. 2020 à 14 h 2
Lenny7
Quoting: Campabee
I don't get the hate on you have for the Habs but they added Taffoli and Anderson to Byron, Tatar, Gallagher, Lehkonen, Drouin, Armia all 8 are potential 20+ goal scorers and 40+ point producers and 7 of the 8 are defensively responsible. Add to them Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Danault and 11 of our 12 forwards could have 20+ goals and 40+ points by seasons end. Then add to that Allen who filled our biggest need and we will get 10-15 more wins this season over last year. BTW Montreal finished with the best regular season record against the other Canadian teams last year with 21 points the next closest were Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg all with 18 points Edmonton had 16 points Ironically Ottawa had 12 points and Vancouver finished last with just 10 points against the other Canadian teams. All of the point data came from hockey reference by filtering each teams schedule down to just Canadian teams. With all of the gains each team made this year Montreal may have actually opened the gap between them and the rest of the Canadian pack. I think any of Toronto, Montreal Calgary or Edmonton can take the division but if you base it on last season's results and add to they the improvements it's Montreal's division to lose

Absolutely no hate for the Habs. Like I said, they made some decent additions. I just think it's laughable to think that all of the sudden by adding Anderson (Who, at best is on par with Domi), Toffoli (Who is a good mid 6 fwd), Edmundson (Who, analytically is only a slight upgrade on Karl Alzner), and Allen (Who had a good season last year, after 2 bad ones) all of the sudden turns the Habs into the greatest team of all time? Have they improved? Sure. But you're 100% banking on the fact that everyone improves, and nobody declines.

I get it. It's exciting for Habs fans to make some additions, but you guys act as if every other team just stood pat, and didn't do a friggin' thing tears of joy
1 déc. 2020 à 14 h 5
Jetsfan
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,585
Quoting: CD282
Edmonton finished 1st among these teams last year and got better in the offseason. Love being the underdog though.

With EDM losing Klefbom and having ish goalies, it will hurt their chances
1 déc. 2020 à 14 h 30
Absolutely no hate for the Habs. Like I said, they made some decent additions. I just think it's laughable to think that all of the sudden by adding Anderson (Who, at best is on par with Domi), Toffoli (Who is a good mid 6 fwd), Edmundson (Who, analytically is only a slight upgrade on Karl Alzner), and Allen (Who had a good season last year, after 2 bad ones) all of the sudden turns the Habs into the greatest team of all time? Have they improved? Sure. But you're 100% banking on the fact that everyone improves, and nobody declines.

I get it. It's exciting for Habs fans to make some additions, but you guys act as if every other team just stood pat, and didn't do a friggin' thing tears of joy

That is not it at all, The other teams actually have to catch up to the Habs in a Canadian division. The question is did they do that? If all of Montreal's adds only add up to an increase of 5 points over last seasons totals against Canadian teams, did Edmonton add enough to overcome 11 points? or Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg add enough to overcome 9 points. IMO none of them did, Montreal had a winning percentage of 67% last season vs Canadian teams the only team with a better winning percentage was Winnipeg at 75%, all other teams were around the 50% mark. The stats do not support your claim that Montreal will be a wildcard team in a Canadian division especially with all of the improvements.
1 déc. 2020 à 15 h 2
Lenny7
Quoting: Campabee
That is not it at all, The other teams actually have to catch up to the Habs in a Canadian division. The question is did they do that? If all of Montreal's adds only add up to an increase of 5 points over last seasons totals against Canadian teams, did Edmonton add enough to overcome 11 points? or Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg add enough to overcome 9 points. IMO none of them did, Montreal had a winning percentage of 67% last season vs Canadian teams the only team with a better winning percentage was Winnipeg at 75%, all other teams were around the 50% mark. The stats do not support your claim that Montreal will be a wildcard team in a Canadian division especially with all of the improvements.

It's a bit funny how you're valuing such a small sample size as what will happen over a full (Or even half) season. You're essentially saying "Oh hey, we beat you so we're clearly better than you!"

Well, maybe, but probably not. You also went 0-4-0 against Detroit and Tampa. Two teams at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. You won 1 and lost 2 against Pittsburgh, but beat them in a 5 game series. From a 2 second search, just looking at Toronto, the Habs beat them all three times, but don't take into account that all three games were on the back end of back to backs for the Leafs, never actually facing their starting (Hutch started the first two, and Campbell started the 3rd).

There are literally hundreds of factors that you're discounting, but if you want to roll with "They had a better record against Canadian teams last year over a 13 game sample size!", then giver.

Cheers.
1 déc. 2020 à 15 h 59
It's a bit funny how you're valuing such a small sample size as what will happen over a full (Or even half) season. You're essentially saying "Oh hey, we beat you so we're clearly better than you!"

Well, maybe, but probably not. You also went 0-4-0 against Detroit and Tampa. Two teams at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. You won 1 and lost 2 against Pittsburgh, but beat them in a 5 game series. From a 2 second search, just looking at Toronto, the Habs beat them all three times, but don't take into account that all three games were on the back end of back to backs for the Leafs, never actually facing their starting (Hutch started the first two, and Campbell started the 3rd).

There are literally hundreds of factors that you're discounting, but if you want to roll with "They had a better record against Canadian teams last year over a 13 game sample size!", then giver.

Cheers.

Love how you view basically a quarter season as a small sample size LMAO! I at least have stats that are similar and relevant, comparing the Canadian teams only against each other rather than the entire league is like comparing apples to apples instead of apples to oranges like you want to do. Sure the Leafs played their backup goalie and were on back to back games and blah blah blah but Montreal also had their own issues they were dealing with and also had 2 count them 2 eight game losing streaks they dealt with. where they in fact played 3 games against the Canadian teams. So yeah some factors are overlooked by only including the record vs Canadian teams like who was the starter, who was injured and who were on back to back games but it is the only way to compare teams in a prospective Canadian division cause the records against all other teams won't come into play. If you want to start diving deeper into the stats we can but it will just show why the Habs are better for instance did you know the Habs were given more penalties in those 3 games vs the Leafs which has more of a bearing on the outcome of games than the backup does. Also Montreal gave up the most odd man rushes last season than any other team which again has more of a bearing on the outcome of games. So yes there are hundreds of factors to consider but they literally go both ways.
2 déc. 2020 à 8 h 34
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,634
Quoting: Jetman
With EDM losing Klefbom and having ish goalies, it will hurt their chances

They had the same goalies last year and they finished #1. Losing Klefbom hurts but he wasn't 100% last year and the Oilers did just fine with him out of the lineup. And the offseason additions more than make up for the Klefbom loss IMO.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage