Forums/Armchair-GM

By Jan 9th or so

Créé par: pharrow
Équipe: 2020-21 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 28 nov. 2020
Publié: 28 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
My biggest complaint about this team is the pure numbers game at this point.
I know they need a 3C. We aren't getting one. I've come to terms with it.
But they have a numbers game issue. Someone is going to be in the AHL. The question is who?

I think Ceci will be sent down. Honestly, I think they will hope someone claims him on waivers. They could only be so lucky right?

Then you have the whole forward mess. Someone is going to be send down. I think Poulin is going to make the team after WJC. He has no where to skate. No where to skate means no where to improve. No sense letting him sit the year. I think they realize he's NHL ready. He's looked it at camp at wjc. Unlike a lot of prospects he doesn't need to grow into his game. He's there already. Given the absolutely horrible state of their bottom 6, I think he's going to get at least his 9 game shot. There is nothing to lose.

Now when I look at this team I see trade written all over it because Jankowski just ain't it.

So they have 2 choices. A. They find a center. Good luck on that. Because I don't see it happening with no cap space.
B. they let McCann play center, and they either move someone up to play LW. (O'Connor is probably the most likely if they are going to get any real help because the rest of what is in WBS currently probably ain't it), or they trade for a winger.

But I think this is what we see on the ice by Jan 9th or so.
The real interesting thing will be the 3rd pair. They can't let Matheson struggle. So I don't see them pairing him with Ceci. Who will probably be run out by the end of camp. They need someone who can help the other guy out so he can regain his form. That isn't Ceci and it ain't Chad.
So it is what it is.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de WSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $78 579 342 $0 $1 832 500 $2 920 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 940 000 $2 940 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
C, AG
RFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
853 333 $853 333 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
UFA - 3
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 nov. 2020 à 13 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 36
I think the Pens make a move or two but if they don`t I see the lines like this

Guentzel Crosby Kapanen
Zucker Malkin Rust
McCann Blueger Sceviour
Lafferty Jankowski Tanev

Dumo-Letang
MP-Marino
Matheson-Ceci

Like I said I hope/pray that they do make a move or two as well. But if not then this is how I see it. I think they give Blueger a shot at 3C before they do Jankowski. I also think Jankowski and Tanev play together (college linemates). They aren`t going to waive Ceci, he will get his shot. Could they trade him part way through the year? Yes. But JR won`t sign him to just send him down. I could maybe see Matheson with Marino and MP with Ceci.

Top PP would be Guentzel (left wall) Kapanen (net front) Crosby (right wall/down low) with LD Letang and RD Malkin

I could see Poulin getting a 9 game shot too (not more though unless he tears it up) but I could also see him going back to the Q after WJHC and would prefer that. WJHC means he is going to likely miss training camp if season starts Jan 1st. No point in rushing him in uncomfortably. Let him dominate and get some confidence and then bring him up after Q playoffs. He is the captain there in Sherbrooke and they have a good team. Would be good for him.
28 nov. 2020 à 14 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Eddy
I think the Pens make a move or two but if they don`t I see the lines like this

Guentzel Crosby Kapanen
Zucker Malkin Rust
McCann Blueger Sceviour
Lafferty Jankowski Tanev

Dumo-Letang
MP-Marino
Matheson-Ceci

Like I said I hope/pray that they do make a move or two as well. But if not then this is how I see it. I think they give Blueger a shot at 3C before they do Jankowski. I also think Jankowski and Tanev play together (college linemates). They aren`t going to waive Ceci, he will get his shot. Could they trade him part way through the year? Yes. But JR won`t sign him to just send him down. I could maybe see Matheson with Marino and MP with Ceci.

Top PP would be Guentzel (left wall) Kapanen (net front) Crosby (right wall/down low) with LD Letang and RD Malkin

I could see Poulin getting a 9 game shot too (not more though unless he tears it up) but I could also see him going back to the Q after WJHC and would prefer that. WJHC means he is going to likely miss training camp if season starts Jan 1st. No point in rushing him in uncomfortably. Let him dominate and get some confidence and then bring him up after Q playoffs. He is the captain there in Sherbrooke and they have a good team. Would be good for him.

See I think Ceci will sink Matheson. For that reason I don't see there being room for him. They can't have Matheson sink. That's a non starter. If he does, they'll never be able to move that contract and we know they need to. He can't be here the length of it, and buying it out isn't an option.
I could see Blueger getting a shot at 3C to, he kind of did last year really with the 4th line playing so many minutes. I just don't see why they break that line up. It was really effective last year. I leave that line. The problem was the 3rd line was hodge podge and it showed.
I think it's clear we are in the same spot as last year. The 3rd line has no rhyme or reason. If you mess with the 4th line then you get that on 2 lines not just one.
But that's my take, everyone is entitled to their own. But if Poulin plays well. They are 1 piece away from having a competitive team.
28 nov. 2020 à 14 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 454
I hope you are right man. And I think we’ve discussed this b4, but I’m higher than most on Janko. I’m alright with him as the 3C. I think he will rebound back to 30 plus point. Especially if he has McCann and Poulin on his wings. And I hope Maniscalco is Marino 2.0. That’d be great. This is best case scenario!! Probably the most skill and potential we can put out there. Hopefully Poulin and Maniscalco make big impression in camp and win a spot and don’t look back. Hopefully Janko atleast rebounds to his 1st and 2nd year production. And not a repeat of his 3rd year, last year.
28 nov. 2020 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Quoting: pharrow
See I think Ceci will sink Matheson. For that reason I don't see there being room for him. They can't have Matheson sink. That's a non starter. If he does, they'll never be able to move that contract and we know they need to. He can't be here the length of it, and buying it out isn't an option.
I could see Blueger getting a shot at 3C to, he kind of did last year really with the 4th line playing so many minutes. I just don't see why they break that line up. It was really effective last year. I leave that line. The problem was the 3rd line was hodge podge and it showed.
I think it's clear we are in the same spot as last year. The 3rd line has no rhyme or reason. If you mess with the 4th line then you get that on 2 lines not just one.
But that's my take, everyone is entitled to their own. But if Poulin plays well. They are 1 piece away from having a competitive team.

Yeah bottom line is they need a 3C who can drive a scoring line. Until they get that the bottom 6 is not good enough.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage