Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs Columbus Trade

Créé par: Faulk_my_Dzingel
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 24 nov. 2020
Publié: 24 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Curious as to CBJ fans thoughts on this. CBJ get their scoring winger. Leafs get tougher and a great prospect. Also eat the LTIR piece for Dubinsky (similar to Horton deal years ago).
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 456 542 $0 $375 000 $2 043 458 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance375 000 $$375K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
874 125 $874 125 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 850 000 $5 850 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 20
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 454
L.Foudy and CBJ’s “A” captain. B.Jenner. Jenner is better than his G/A/P stats show. His analytics are good. Good at Face-off’s. Tough, Two-Way Center. A lot of Hits too. I would say minus the Dubinsky Contract, that’s a good return. A good NHL player, and a top prospect for Nylander. That’s a good return IMO. That’s about what he should bring back. Maybe a pick too. But that’s good value, B.Jenner and L.Fowdy.

And how was Robertson ranked higher than Fowdy in the draft?? Robertson was a 2nd round pick and Fowdy was a top 20 pick. And Fowdy was the captain of the USA team WJ team last year. That Robertson played on.
Faulk_my_Dzingel a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,353
Quoting: pharrow
from a team that went and signed a bunch of 35+ guys and a washed up player to stop getting pushed around. But hey, go on there.

I dunno, someone told me teams dont value midget wingers. Seemed pretty serious about it too
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 26
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 289
Quoting: PGHBOB69
L.Foudy and CBJ’s “A” captain. B.Jenner. Jenner is better than his G/A/P stats show. His analytics are good. Good at Face-off’s. Tough, Two-Way Center. A lot of Hits too. I would say minus the Dubinsky Contract, that’s a good return. A good NHL player, and a top prospect for Nylander. That’s a good return IMO. That’s about what he should bring back. Maybe a pick too. But that’s good value, B.Jenner and L.Fowdy.

And how was Robertson ranked higher than Fowdy in the draft?? Robertson was a 2nd round pick and Fowdy was a top 20 pick. And Fowdy was the captain of the USA team WJ team last year. That Robertson played on.

They weren’t in the same draft and Robertson’s a year younger. Robertson’s value has also greatly increased since his draft year. I’m not even arguing that he has more value, just found it funny how a top 20 prospect is trash because he’s 5’9 and plays for the leafs. If he was on any other team he would be untouchable.
PGHBOB69 a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 26

Its almost like Robertson surpassed foudy or something
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 28
Quoting: CeciGOAT
They weren’t in the same draft and Robertson’s a year younger. Robertson’s value has also greatly increased since his draft year. I’m not even arguing that he has more value, just found it funny how a top 20 prospect is trash because he’s 5’9 and plays for the leafs. If he was on any other team he would be untouchable.

Ya, that’s right!! I didn’t say he was a bad prospect.?? He’s produced in most places he’s been. I think he’s definitely Toronto’s top Forward Prospect!! I want to see him make the roster out of camp this year. I want to see him in the NHL!!
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 29
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
Its almost like Robertson surpassed foudy or something

?? I guess u can’t read. I said he was drafted top 20 and Robertson in the 2nd round in the same draft class. How is a second pick ranked higher “In the draft??””They must have really reached for Foudy then.
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 33
?? I guess u can’t read. I said he was drafted top 20 and Robertson in the 2nd round in the same draft class. How is a second pick ranked higher “In the draft??””They must have really reached for Foudy then.

Oh i can read, i also know that they weren't drafed in the same draft class. I know because i read it.
And even if they were draft status is a meaningless number once the draft os over and one guy is bettet than the other.
Unless the leafs can trade dermott for aho, cause dermott was drafted higher
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 34
Ya, that’s right!! I didn’t say he was a bad prospect.?? He’s produced in most places he’s been. I think he’s definitely Toronto’s top Forward Prospect!! I want to see him make the roster out of camp this year. I want to see him in the NHL!!

Oh I wasn’t talking about you, more so about the person who compared him to bracco because Robertson is short.
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 36
IMG_1830
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 42
Oh i can read, i also know that they weren't drafed in the same draft class. I know because i read it.
And even if they were draft status is a meaningless number once the draft os over and one guy is bettet than the other.
Unless the leafs can trade dermott for aho, cause dermott was drafted higher

Come on man!! Yes, I remember they were drafted a year apart now. We established that. I said how is he ranked higher in the draft than Fowdy drafted top 20 and Robertson drafted in the 2nd round?? That doesn’t make any sense?? Must have been a reach!! Responding to, someone saying Robertson was ranked higher in the draft. I’m done with this man!! Im not explaining what I said and why?? Holy F. Everyone jumps down your throat for 1 comment!! Tell
Someone to hug u man!!

“Great and very relevant argument. Nick Robertson was rated as a top 20 prospect in the NHL before the draft basically across the board. I don’t think Liam foudy was ever placed that high by anyone, if he was send the link I would be Interested in reading it”.

This what I was saying makes no sense. That comment!!
CeciGOAT a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 46
Come on man!! Yes, I remember they were drafted a year apart now. We established that. I said how is he ranked higher in the draft than Fowdy drafted top 20 and Robertson drafted in the 2nd round?? That doesn’t make any sense?? Must have been a reach!! Responding to, someone saying Robertson was ranked higher in the draft. I’m done with this man!! Im not explaining what I said and why?? Holy F. Everyone jumps down your throat for 1 comment!! Tell
Someone to hug u man!!

Because he surpassed him in ability and performance. Its really that simple. And i didnt jump down your throat for one comment, you accused me of not reading because you doubled down on that one comment.
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 47
Someone to hug u man!!

“Great and very relevant argument. Nick Robertson was rated as a top 20 prospect in the NHL before the draft basically across the board. I don’t think Liam foudy was ever placed that high by anyone, if he was send the link I would be Interested in reading it”.

Again how was he rated top 20 b4 the draft and drafted in the 2nd round. And rated higher than Fowdy who was drafted top 20..

Get it!! Understand why I said that??
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 49
Because he surpassed him in ability and performance. Its really that simple. And i didnt jump down your throat for one comment, you accused me of not reading because you doubled down on that one comment.

No, really!! Come on man. Please.

Again how was he rated top 20 b4 the draft and drafted in the 2nd round. And rated higher than Fowdy who was drafted top 20.. B4 the draft.

You get why I made that comment and asked that question now?? B/c of that comment!!
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 53

Again how was he rated top 20 b4 the draft and drafted in the 2nd round. And rated higher than Fowdy who was drafted top 20.. B4 the draft.

You get why I made that comment and asked that question now?? B/c of that comment!!

Maybe you should look into it, perhaps read the article the other guy posted
24 nov. 2020 à 18 h 56
Maybe you should look into it, perhaps read the article the other guy posted

Ohh ok..you get it now!! Why I made that comment!! Maybe you should just respond to people that tag you so u understand why I’m saying what I’m saying.

Ohh and I’m sure Robertson was a top 20 prospect going into the draft?? The youngest player in the draft? And fell all the way to the 2nd round!! I doubt it!!

I doubt Foudy wasn’t ranked top 20 In his draft class either.
24 nov. 2020 à 19 h 12

Oh I think my comment confused you. I was talking about this draft. I was saying he was ranked as a top 20 prospect in the nhl like 2 months ago. Obviously with the influx of talent with the new draft he along with other prospects will move down.

You’re 100% correct that Robertson was not ranked that high during his draft.
PGHBOB69 a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2020 à 19 h 35
Quoting: CeciGOAT
Oh I think my comment confused you. I was talking about this draft. I was saying he was ranked as a top 20 prospect in the nhl like 2 months ago. Obviously with the influx of talent with the new draft he along with other prospects will move down.

You’re 100% correct that Robertson was not ranked that high during his draft.

Yep, no problem!! I probably misread or read it to fast!! I think somehow, everything got a bit confusing in that thread. Atleast after I got involved..lol.

I mean, like come on. A 1st round pick is always gonna be a higher ranked prospect than a 2nd round pick?? I mean, come on, obviously not; and obviously I didn’t mean that when I was commenting too. Lol. But somehow it just all got confusing.
24 nov. 2020 à 20 h 58
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 866
Quoting: oneX
So you just want to ignore what The Athletic posted regarding prospect rankings? I mean fans are going to be fans and sometimes make absurd comments but people who cover hockey posted said article.

Talk about just ignoring stuff...Yeesh.

Love to know nothing about a prospect and get mad online when called on it

Quoting: pharrow
I do ignore clickbait rather often. Considering all the trash out of the Athletic I don't know why anyone would ever pay for that crap.

The fact of the matter is...either the Leafs don’t know prospects (Foudy), or they do and trying to land him in this deal for a player that the Jackets don’t even need, or want. I would bet that the Leafs know Foudy Very well, he played Junior hockey right there close to Toronto.

The Jackets will rely on increased scoring and development of Texier, Bemstrom, Robinson, and Foudy while Nyquist is rehabbing.

Leafs fans should know That the Jackets scout very well, draft very well, develop very well, and typically don’t make trades like this rhat give up a very highly regarded prospect (a center) for a scoring winger that they probably don’t need and can’t afford (once they re-up Dubois, Bjorkstrand, Werenski, & Jones.

Will Foudy be better than Robinson?
It doesn’t matter because a) Robinson wasn’t included in this deal and b) Columbus would reject this deal quickly.

The Jackets scouted Foudy and took him with many higher “ranked” prospects available.
Doesn’t that tell you something?
Or the fact that the Jackets took Dubois over Puljujarvi??
Who did the scouts and ranking services have there?
Or that the Jackets took Chinakov over about 60-70 higher ranked prospects???

Foudy is one of a handful of untouchable prospects in the organization.

Oh, and FYI, trading the Dubi contract has no value to Columbus. You should know that.
Fully insured, and they are willing to ride it out 1 more year.

As for Jenner, he brings it all every shift, like Foligno. He is the lifeblood of the culture and leadership of the team. I could see where Toronto needs someone like him, to pull a lot of skilled players together and give them what they need to succeed, like he has done for the Jackets.
Who knows, Jenner would probably be captain if Foligno leaves after next year.
pharrow a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2020 à 21 h 18
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
The fact of the matter is...either the Leafs don’t know prospects (Foudy), or they do and trying to land him in this deal for a player that the Jackets don’t even need, or want. I would bet that the Leafs know Foudy Very well, he played Junior hockey right there close to Toronto.

The Jackets will rely on increased scoring and development of Texier, Bemstrom, Robinson, and Foudy while Nyquist is rehabbing.

Leafs fans should know That the Jackets scout very well, draft very well, develop very well, and typically don’t make trades like this rhat give up a very highly regarded prospect (a center) for a scoring winger that they probably don’t need and can’t afford (once they re-up Dubois, Bjorkstrand, Werenski, & Jones.

It doesn’t matter because a) Robinson wasn’t included in this deal and b) Columbus would reject this deal quickly.

The Jackets scouted Foudy and took him with many higher “ranked” prospects available.

Oh, and FYI, trading the Dubi contract has no value to Columbus. You should know that.

As for Jenner, he brings it all every shift, like Foligno. He is the lifeblood of the culture and leadership of the team. I could see where Toronto needs someone like him, to pull a lot of skilled players together and give them what they need to succeed, like he has done for the Jackets.

cool, the Leafs still dont trade Nylander for that package, especially with the LTIR, and they dont trade Robertson for Foudy.
blah blah blah something about how how i wouldnt bet Columbus fans know robertson well, or that the leafs draft well, whatever.
Bluejackets2000 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2020 à 2 h 27
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619

My comments had nothing to do with fans of any team. I didn't even comment on the trade. I guess people don't read here anymore.
25 nov. 2020 à 9 h 11
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 866
Quoting: oneX
My comments had nothing to do with fans of any team. I didn't even comment on the trade. I guess people don't read here anymore.

I did read.
I did not ignore.
But understand what you are saying.
I just commented, fairly extensively, WITH examples, about how central scouting, draft rankings, AND herd mentality on that data is flawed, given the Jacket’s propensity to go against that trend, and it is working so far. Not only the examples I gave, but count how many late round draft successes CBJ have in last 10 years. We’ll see in 3-5 years where Foudy vs Robinson compare, but that comparison can’t be made now.
25 nov. 2020 à 12 h 1
TML1991
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 153

As you said it doesnt really matter how people value robertson vs foudy. The whole reason i brought up robertson is really just to show how ridiculous of a trade willy for foudy and a depth piece like jenner is, and yes he's a nice depth player, but still depth.
25 nov. 2020 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Smythe.over.Hart
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350

Finally, someone who sees the true value Jenner brings to his team. I guess that's mainly the standpoint I was coming form with this trade. I've always liked Jenner, although maybe he isn't putting up 60 points, what he brings to the game is pure hockey - something the leafs have lacked for years. Love his style. It was only 5 games, but the Liam Foudy I watched in the TOR CBJ series was lights out compared to floater Nylander. Foudy is the main target in this trade. Jenner is the icing on the cake. This is why I added in the cap relief portion for Dubinsky. Leaf's love doing this move.

As for the big debate about Foudy vs Robertson that is occurring. As usual for all Leafs prospects they receive a lot more media attention. I hope Robertson pans out but at this point he seems fairly one dimensional. He will be best served developing a few more years rather than playing in the NHL in my opinion. I don't think Foudy is a 40 goal scorer, but has speed, compete, and seems defensively responsible.
25 nov. 2020 à 12 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Smythe.over.Hart
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
Quoting: TML1991
As you said it doesnt really matter how people value robertson vs foudy. The whole reason i brought up robertson is really just to show how ridiculous of a trade willy for foudy and a depth piece like jenner is, and yes he's a nice depth player, but still depth.

I respect your opinion on this. My opinion is that Nylander is one of the most overvalued players in the NHL and the Leafs should move him for any assets they can.
25 nov. 2020 à 12 h 18
TML1991
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 153
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
I respect your opinion on this. My opinion is that Nylander is one of the most overvalued players in the NHL and the Leafs should move him for any assets they can.

I personally like Willy, but i understand why people dont like him, and if thats the case and you want to trade him, you can certainly get a better return than an okay prospect and a depth piece, not to mention a cap dump
Faulk_my_Dzingel a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage