Forums/Armchair-GM

What I Would Do - Plus Prospect Update

Créé par: arafay
Équipe: 2020-21 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 15 nov. 2020
Publié: 16 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I’ve heard some good reviews whenever I do a prospect review type thing so here you go! Jets prospects are generally doing well in Europe so that’s always good. Here’s my upstate on certain players:

Heinola plays on the top pairing for the best/second best team in the league and leads all U20 scoring by defensemen and is tied for 3rd overall. Imo, from what I’ve seen, this kid is NHL ready and will help the jets win now. Even if he gets pushed around a little, though he has gotten much stronger, he is almost definitely playing in the NHL, barring a bad or unlucky camp. The kid will simply force his way onto the roster imo. I have him on the 3rd pairing cause the top 4 is already kind of small so Samberg gets the top 4 job (and he has experience playing with pionk)

Vesalainen is showing that offensive game that I’ve said he has for these past 2 years, while others called him a bust without actually watching him play. THE MOOSE CANT SCORE. They haven’t made the ahl playoffs for the last 4 years, and when they did last, it was because of an amazing run by connor, Roslovic, and comrie. They aren’t meant to win and Vesalainen isn’t playing in the AHL to develop his offensive game. He can be a dominant top 6 powerforward in the NHL and the jets know it. He just needs to further develop that aspect of his game. A season with gustafsson playing a similar style in the AHL should do the trick.

Henri Nikkannen is one of my favourite jets prospects. His defensive game needs work but he has a lot of raw skill and can drive play (from the little of seen of him). He’s inconsistent but he has potential. Personally, I would like him to come over and play for the ice (they drafted him in the import draft), but maybe staying in Finland is best right now considering the COVID 19 situation in Winnipeg right now. I just don’t feel his liiga team will develop him best as he’s being sheltered and isnt given minutes with the best offensive players on the team. That said, that also has to be earned and his defensive game and consistency just isn’t at the level it needs to be for him to be a top line centre in a professional league. I think he could be a serious steal, but he needs some time.

Santeri virtanen is an interesting prospect. His defensive game is high end. He has some size and he’s not afraid to use it. He also has offensive potential but he isn’t used in that role in the liiga so it’s yet to be seen how much of the skill he has shown in international play can translate to pro. And the biggest factor, why hasn’t he come over yet? Many believe he may not even come over at all.

I haven’t seen any of David gustafsson personally, save for highlights, so I can’t say much here. However, it’s good to see him getting some numbers up (even if it is for the second tier league in Sweden). Imo the kid has some offensive potential, which will only be reached when he plays in leagues below the likes of the SHL and NHL imo.

Finally I’m gonna throw a name out here: Pavel Krakovsky. I always liked his potential but he never seemed to be able to put it all together. However, he seems to be starting to do that now, and it’s showing. He was interested in coming to Winnipeg a few years ago so maybe he comes over on a 1 year deal before becoming a UFA? Could fit well, so it’s a possibility. That said, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. He likely just stays in Russia for another 2 years and then comes over if he still wants to play in the nhl (though he has said multiple times that’s what he wants).

The above prospects would be tiered as follows imo:
Tier 1 (top 4/top 6): Ville Heinola and Kristian Vesalainen.
Tier 2 (middle 6): David gustafsson, Henri Nikkannen
Tier 3 (bottom 6): Santeri Virtanen, Pavel Krakovsky

Now for the roster, as I said earlier, think Samberg plays 2ld to start the season. If he can’t handle the minutes yet, either send him down or play him at 3ld and move heinola to the right side. I think he sticks, but not with a whole lot of offence.

As for upgrades, my prime targets are Damon severson, Ryan Pulock, dougie Hamilton, and Rasmussen ristolainen. As you can tell, they are all big top 4 rd. That’s who we are looking for. Top choice is dougie Hamilton if he will sign long term with us. I would be willing to give Carolina a decent amount. That said, ehlers and laine are off the table because he isn’t coming with an extension realistically.

I don’t really see niku as a regular on this team so he gets moved somewhere he will be a regular.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 150 000 $
Transactions
WPG
ANA
  1. Niku, Sami
Détails additionnels:
To any team. Offers?
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $77 620 358 $0 $150 000 $3 879 642 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 995 000 $4 995 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 280 000 $2 280 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 916 667 $2 916 667 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 150 000 $2 150 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
725 000 $725 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance150 000 $$150K)
DG
RFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
RFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 nov. 2020 à 17 h 35
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,406
Pulock and hamilton are untouchable. For sure if laines off the table but either way you cant get either.
16 nov. 2020 à 17 h 58
JeffGuyJeff
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 18
There’s no way Harkins isn’t in the top 12 forwards. I could see them trying him at 4C to start and seeing if he can produce as a center
16 nov. 2020 à 18 h 1
Bandwagon fairweathe
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,253
Niku going to be a solid defenseman for somebody, it’s too bad that the jets can’t seem to bring it out of him. Obviously an opinion but I believe he showed some exciting flashes last year in offensive end, that him heinola and pionk have in them. Maurice/huddy need to give him a fair audition for first half of next season before the kids truly lock up there spots.
arafay et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2020 à 19 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Quoting: Islesforthecup
Pulock and hamilton are untouchable. For sure if laines off the table but either way you cant get either.

They were more long term targets. As in when/If pulock and Hamilton hit FA. Also if Hamilton and Carolina can’t come to an agreement, I’m willing to offer quite a bit for him, even as a rental.
16 nov. 2020 à 19 h 40
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,369
Quoting: Birtle34
Niku going to be a solid defenseman for somebody, it’s too bad that the jets can’t seem to bring it out of him. Obviously an opinion but I believe he showed some exciting flashes last year in offensive end, that him heinola and pionk have in them. Maurice/huddy need to give him a fair audition for first half of next season before the kids truly lock up there spots.

Read that Niku has been training/working out and is up over 200 lbs now.
arafay et Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2020 à 19 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JetsGuyJeff
There’s no way Harkins isn’t in the top 12 forwards. I could see them trying him at 4C to start and seeing if he can produce as a center

I agree. That said, just because he isn’t a top PKer, I could see him being scratched and rotating in as the 12th/13th forward
16 nov. 2020 à 19 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Read that Niku has been training/working out and is up over 200 lbs now.

Yep. Really hope he can stick. He’s the exact type of defencemen we need. He’s not small (6’1) and he has a bit of nasty. Not to mention his puck moving ability. He could be the perfect guy for the future and he could even be the future guy to play with Morrissey on the top pair. That said, considering how ready heinola and Samberg are, there’s a good chance niku doesn’t make it unless poolman is moved. Just a sad reality.
16 nov. 2020 à 19 h 44
Démarrer sujet

I wouldn’t say that maurice hasn’t given niku a chance. He was getting games but then got injured. He was going to be a regular last year but got injured. Niku has just been unlucky. It will be very sad if he can’t beat out the depth to become a regular because he really wants to be in Winnipeg, and that doesn’t happen a lot. And he has loads of potential.

Overall, Maurice has given Niku time when he deserves it imo.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2020 à 19 h 46
Jets Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 290
Thanks for the update! How about Holm and Berdin in net? They are both doing pretty well as starters it seems
16 nov. 2020 à 19 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Boggsauce
Thanks for the update! How about Holm and Berdin in net? They are both doing pretty well as starters it seems

Both are doing well. Haven’t watched much of either though, sorry. Seen some berdin highlights though, kids gonna be so much fun to watch 😂
MisstheWhalers et Boggsauce a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2020 à 20 h 37
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: arafay
I wouldn’t say that maurice hasn’t given niku a chance. He was getting games but then got injured. He was going to be a regular last year but got injured. Niku has just been unlucky. It will be very sad if he can’t beat out the depth to become a regular because he really wants to be in Winnipeg, and that doesn’t happen a lot. And he has loads of potential.

Overall, Maurice has given Niku time when he deserves it imo.

I just find it seems like any jets development starts well then seem to hit a wall, not sure if it’s coaches getting the most out of the talent they got, or the ability to get the most out of the defensive journeyman dman that huddy and Chevy were as players. The team has spent some decently high picks on the blueline, Trouba came out like something elite and some what for morrissey also, but both leveled off pretty good. Free reign of buffy was kind of an anomaly, but even Myers was decent but never hit the elite level, nobody really in the Norris trophy category. Something is missing, just can’t quite put a finger on it. There’s also rags to riches stories, in beaulieu, chariot, couple other waiver wire pickups that turned into solid pieces for a short time. I guess no picks in top 5 of defenseman but wishing for a elite dman lol
16 nov. 2020 à 21 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
Moose cannot develop a player. The players that make it on the Jets usually just jump past the ahl. We’ve really only seen Roslovic, Appleton, Connor and Harkins come from the moose. It’s just annoying that they don’t do very well in the developing part of things. I really think heinola is going to be unreal. I’ve been very happy with vesalainens play so far. I’m assuming you just didn’t want to write about Berdin or Holm?? They’re both playing very good overseas.
Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2020 à 1 h 56
Démarrer sujet
I just find it seems like any jets development starts well then seem to hit a wall, not sure if it’s coaches getting the most out of the talent they got, or the ability to get the most out of the defensive journeyman dman that huddy and Chevy were as players. The team has spent some decently high picks on the blueline, Trouba came out like something elite and some what for morrissey also, but both leveled off pretty good. Free reign of buffy was kind of an anomaly, but even Myers was decent but never hit the elite level, nobody really in the Norris trophy category. Something is missing, just can’t quite put a finger on it. There’s also rags to riches stories, in beaulieu, chariot, couple other waiver wire pickups that turned into solid pieces for a short time. I guess no picks in top 5 of defenseman but wishing for a elite dman lol

Buff was elite but yes, other than him the jets have not had an elite talent on the backend. However, we had 3 number 1 guys 2 years ago in buff, morrissey, and trouba. If we can churn out 2 number one d-men through the draft, I wouldn’t say the jets aren’t good at drafting elite defensemen. Add in heinola and Samberg who look really solid and the jest aren’t bad at drafting defensemen, they just prefer to go forward in the upper rounds. I disagree with most people in what im about to say but I think it’s a fact. Maurice is one of the best coaches for developing players. If you can curb out 2-3 nhl players each year and play them on your roster, you are doing something right. Add in the fact that Maurice has basically developed that entire top 6 (in fact the entire team). I don’t think the problem is Maurice. It’s huddy. Imo, although Maurice’s system is dated, it works very well if it’s taught well. Huddy has proven that he can’t do that so why is he still here??
Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2020 à 2 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: tsyls
Moose cannot develop a player. The players that make it on the Jets usually just jump past the ahl. We’ve really only seen Roslovic, Appleton, Connor and Harkins come from the moose. It’s just annoying that they don’t do very well in the developing part of things. I really think heinola is going to be unreal. I’ve been very happy with vesalainens play so far. I’m assuming you just didn’t want to write about Berdin or Holm?? They’re both playing very good overseas.

I highly disagree. The jets are very luck to have pascal Vincent. He is simply a genius when it comes to developing players. Look at harkins, Connor, Roslovic, Morrissey. The list goes on. Add in the work he’s done with niku, and is doing with gawanke, Stanley, kovacevic. The problem isn’t that the Moose are bad at developing players, it’s that the jets don’t have offensive firepower on the moose. For most of last year, Vesalainen was the only offence driver on that team. That said, that is fine since he isn’t in the ahl to work on his offensive game. He is being developed as a powerforward which is why he is still there. Imo the moose are good for the jets, but the jets are just in a bit of a forward prospect dry spell at the ahl level right now.

I didn’t comment on berdin and holm because I haven’t watched enough of either. Berdin I’ve watched some highlights, but I can’t say anything you probably haven’t heard already. So I didn’t bother.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2020 à 2 h 1
Bandwagon fairweathe
Buff was elite but yes, other than him the jets have not had an elite talent on the backend. However, we had 3 number 1 guys 2 years ago in buff, morrissey, and trouba. If we can churn out 2 number one d-men through the draft, I wouldn’t say the jets aren’t good at drafting elite defensemen. Add in heinola and Samberg who look really solid and the jest aren’t bad at drafting defensemen, they just prefer to go forward in the upper rounds. I disagree with most people in what im about to say but I think it’s a fact. Maurice is one of the best coaches for developing players. If you can curb out 2-3 nhl players each year and play them on your roster, you are doing something right. Add in the fact that Maurice has basically developed that entire top 6 (in fact the entire team). I don’t think the problem is Maurice. It’s huddy. Imo, although Maurice’s system is dated, it works very well if it’s taught well. Huddy has proven that he can’t do that so why is he still here??

Thanks for the insight, I’m just scared of the hawerchuk effect, taken for granted star scheifele, eventually moved out of town on a sell low, and a lengthy rebuild, if some of the other players age bad, or any toxity in the room. A few years back got me believing it is possible to play with the big boys and have a run, just hoping the window hasn’t closed and nothing gone stale.
arafay a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2020 à 2 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Thanks for the insight, I’m just scared of the hawerchuk effect, taken for granted star scheifele, eventually moved out of town on a sell low, and a lengthy rebuild, if some of the other players age bad, or any toxity in the room. A few years back got me believing it is possible to play with the big boys and have a run, just hoping the window hasn’t closed and nothing gone stale.

As I see it, the jets are one piece from being a contender. A true partner for Morrissey. Yes demelo is good, but he’s small and just adds to size issues. Bringing in a guy like severson instantly makes this team a contender though. That said, I think this teams’ window closes when schiefele and hellebuyck decline. I think they can ride out the wheeler contract easily and they will probably have a guy waiting to step into his top 6 role by the time he isn’t capable of it anymore. If perfetti can develop into a top line centre, then the only thing possibly closing the jets’ window over the next 5-6 years is a hellebuyck decline. Unless the jets have a replacement waiting at that point, they likely are done...

That said, that is at least 5 years down the road. Let’s enjoy the ride while it lasts and hope we can get a cup or 2 out of it!!
Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2020 à 2 h 11
Bandwagon fairweathe
As I see it, the jets are one piece from being a contender. A true partner for Morrissey. Yes demelo is good, but he’s small and just adds to size issues. Bringing in a guy like severson instantly makes this team a contender though. That said, I think this teams’ window closes when schiefele and hellebuyck decline. I think they can ride out the wheeler contract easily and they will probably have a guy waiting to step into his top 6 role by the time he isn’t capable of it anymore. If perfetti can develop into a top line centre, then the only thing possibly closing the jets’ window over the next 5-6 years is a hellebuyck decline. Unless the jets have a replacement waiting at that point, they likely are done...

That said, that is at least 5 years down the road. Let’s enjoy the ride while it lasts and hope we can get a cup or 2 out of it!!

When they drafted vaselainen, I instantly thought wheeler replacement, would be awesome if perfetti comes in above expectations, jets do a nice job on not rushing players, and sending them back to junior if needed. So probably a season or two away for him, hopefully show out at world juniors, might need to invest in some big sidekicks for him. Any rumours on laine? Extension or trade.
arafay a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2020 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
When they drafted vaselainen, I instantly thought wheeler replacement, would be awesome if perfetti comes in above expectations, jets do a nice job on not rushing players, and sending them back to junior if needed. So probably a season or two away for him, hopefully show out at world juniors, might need to invest in some big sidekicks for him. Any rumours on laine? Extension or trade.

I don’t know, I don’t have that kind of knowledge tbh. I have some friends who know some stuff but nothing out of the ordinary. From what I’ve heard, the jets are not, and have not been trying to trade laine so that’s good. That said, we haven’t heard anything about extensions so there’s that. I just want the jets to sign him real quick!!
17 nov. 2020 à 16 h 2
Bandwagon fairweathe
I don’t know, I don’t have that kind of knowledge tbh. I have some friends who know some stuff but nothing out of the ordinary. From what I’ve heard, the jets are not, and have not been trying to trade laine so that’s good. That said, we haven’t heard anything about extensions so there’s that. I just want the jets to sign him real quick!!

I wish they would have gambled last year, and got something done at the 9 million neighborhood and more than 5 years
arafay a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2020 à 17 h 30
Démarrer sujet
I wish they would have gambled last year, and got something done at the 9 million neighborhood and more than 5 years

I wish they did that too. I was doing it in my acgms.
17 nov. 2020 à 18 h 30
Bandwagon fairweathe
I wish they did that too. I was doing it in my acgms.

Million clear of wheeler and 6-8 years would have been my hope, but hopefully something gets done yet.
arafay a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage