Forums/Armchair-GM

A Hot Take

Créé par: Random2152
Équipe: 2020-21 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 11 nov. 2020
Publié: 11 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I actually think that Jersey is in a really good position to build a contending team a similar way the 2015 Bluejays did (trade prospects for players now). They have their future core here, they just need to move some pieces around. In terms of building, looking at what this team already has I'd build from the back out. Nolan Foote and Ty Smith are the only prospects I wouldn't move.

Goalies:
I really like Blackwood. Really, really like him. I'd try to give him a 5 year contract for around $4 million aav, or a 3 year contract if you cannot get him that low. Idea is for him to come in around 4 ish. Between him and Crow, that is a solid tandem next year.

Defense:
The GM has already made a move to fix this, and this is where most of my focus belongs for this hot take AGM. Generally, you want to have 2 OFD (because there are only 2 PP spots and the ice time to help them succeed), and the rest being some mix of TWD and DFD. Right now NJ has 3 OFD and 1 TWD (and last year none). As such I'd be looking to add another TWD or two and move out one of the OFD.

Severson is the best OFD and is signed in his prime for 3 years. He'd be the last I'd move.
PK has declined rapidly and was used poorly last year. Fixing his usage by other moves should help alleviate the former. He is also paid 9aav which means he is unlikely to move in this cap environment.
Butcher had a down season, but is a legitimately decent OFD. He is cheaper and younger, so while I'd like to keep him over PK I think he is the odd one out thanks to Ty Smith coming up as well as PK's contract preventing him from moving.
Murray is underrated and has put up top pairing minutes before. Were he not injured all the time his reputation would be so much different.
I would look to add another TWD here, and I know just the guy...

Forwards:
Mango was a nice low cost add. Finding more like him would be beneficial. Ima be honest that I do not know enough about NJ's F-core to add more to it or to know how good a guy like Bratt is, but I do know they need help here. Any Ideas would and help on this would be much appreciated. Based off what I am seeing, you need a RW or two depending on what you do with Palmieri.

Needs:
a 3C upgrade
an entire RW.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
54 000 000 $
22 500 000 $
Transactions
FLA
  1. Walsh, Reilly
Détails additionnels:
Not sure on exact value, but this would be the basis of the trade.
NJD
  1. Chiasson, Alex
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Butcher, Will (733 333 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
EDM needs some offensive help and a LHD with Klefbom being out. I think Butcher could be a solid low cost option here.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NYI
Logo de NJD
Logo de ARI
Logo de NJD
Logo de BUF
Logo de NJD
Logo de ARI
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de EDM
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de CBJ
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1981 500 000 $64 504 999 $0 $3 250 000 $16 995 001 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 7
2 325 000 $2 325 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
2 150 000 $2 150 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
DD
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 45
Ouch
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 540
Oilers would accept that. Would have to figure something out for the expansion draft and try to recoup the asset, going three drafts in a row with out a second hurts any clubs farm
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
Quoting: JmoneyTalk
Oilers would accept that. Would have to figure something out for the expansion draft and try to recoup the asset, going three drafts in a row with out a second hurts any clubs farm

How much more would it take to throw JP in the trade do you think?
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 48
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Never in a million years would Florida do that deal.
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 49
Ouch
Quoting: Random2152
How much more would it take to throw JP in the trade do you think?

It's hard to say, I know the Oilers were looking for a first and a prospect before he signed but now that he has they might ask for more now. What's your best offer?
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Panda_Bear
Never in a million years would Florida do that deal.

Sir, Are you unable to read?
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
It's hard to say, I know the Oilers were looking for a first and a prospect before he signed but now that he has they might ask for more now. What's your best offer?

Boy, no one is giving anywhere near that much for him. Like not even close. No wonder he wasn't moved if that was the ask lol.
I was going to say one of the Non-Smith-Foote prospects and a 3rd or something (plus what is already there)
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 54
Sir, Are you unable to read?

Florida finds an excellent homegrown solution to pair with Ekblad, and they're going to throw that all away to get a prospect and some addons to "balance the deal"? That's just not going to happen unless you're willing to throw in Ty Smith too.

Even then it doesn't make sense for Florida as their ownership wants the playoffs.
11 nov. 2020 à 1 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Panda_Bear
Florida finds an excellent homegrown solution to pair with Ekblad, and they're going to throw that all away to get a prospect and some addons to "balance the deal"? That's just not going to happen unless you're willing to throw in Ty Smith too.

Do you know who Ty Smith is?
Actually I know the answer is no because no one who did would post this. And from many-many insider reports the Panthers have been looking to trade Weegar for awhile (Had a deal for Johnsson and Dermott that the Leafs rejected) and that they want to re jig their Dcore. Walsh is a high end prospect. He would be a great get for them.
11 nov. 2020 à 2 h 0
Ouch
Boy, no one is giving anywhere near that much for him. Like not even close. No wonder he wasn't moved if that was the ask lol.
I was going to say one of the Non-Smith-Foote prospects and a 3rd or something (plus what is already there)

I'm happy no one did tbh. He's still so young and his potential is still high. He played in his draft year which was to young even for a 4th overall. And he mostly played 3 line minutes with checking or older slower forwards. He hasn't had a solid chance to prove who he is as a player. He playing better then expected in Finland, I just hope he's ready for the NHL now at his age. He'll have better line mates this go around too so that should help. Also, in IMO opinion one of the reasons he never got traded was because teams thought they had leverage and didn't want to give the Oilers what they wanted. Teams know he's still an A prospect, some teams will probably be kicking then selfs when he plays well on a very team friendly contract
Timmah007 a aimé ceci.
11 nov. 2020 à 2 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming

I'm happy no one did tbh. He's still so young and his potential is still high. He played in his draft year which was to young even for a 4th overall. And he mostly played 3 line minutes with checking or older slower forwards. He hasn't had a solid chance to prove who he is as a player. He playing better then expected in Finland, I just hope he's ready for the NHL now at his age. He'll have better line mates this go around too so that should help. Also, in IMO opinion one of the reasons he never got traded was because teams thought they had leverage and didn't want to give the Oilers what they wanted. Teams know he's still an A prospect, some teams will probably be kicking then selfs when he plays well on a very team friendly contract

What about we totally change the trade:

Edmonton Oilers
Will Butcher ret $733,333
2021 NYI 2nd
Nick Merkley

New Jersey Devils
Jesse Puljujarvi
2021 EDM 1st
2022 EDM 2nd
James Neal

Although looking again, I don't think taking the Neal contract would be good for the Devils (if it were for 2 years it'd be fine I think)
11 nov. 2020 à 2 h 6
CbjSabresDucks
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,180
The team looks underrated but the metro is just too dang strong
Book_Hockey a aimé ceci.
11 nov. 2020 à 2 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
The team looks underrated but the metro is just too dang strong

They need to make some serious moves if they want to contend, but I think they could do it. I really like this D and G core I have here. They just need to let Hughes and Hischer develop and get an entire RW.
Bdawwwgy1 a aimé ceci.
11 nov. 2020 à 2 h 11
CbjSabresDucks
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,180
They need to make some serious moves if they want to contend, but I think they could do it. I really like this D and G core I have here. They just need to let Hughes and Hischer develop and get an entire RW.

Hoffman makes lots of sense on a 1 year imo. The slight chance he works and wants to stay then that's a win, or when they fall out of contending again they can sell him for a good price while getting Jack and Nico a solid vet to play with
11 nov. 2020 à 2 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
Hoffman makes lots of sense on a 1 year imo. The slight chance he works and wants to stay then that's a win, or when they fall out of contending again they can sell him for a good price while getting Jack and Nico a solid vet to play with

Hoffman is a liability at 5v5. I wouldn't mind him as your 3RW and PP1 guy but they'd still need a 2RW and ideally a 3C to push Zacha down. And that assumes you keep Palmieri which is far from guarenteed.
11 nov. 2020 à 2 h 17
Ouch

Edmonton Oilers
2021 NYI 2nd
Nick Merkley

New Jersey Devils
Jesse Puljujarvi
2021 EDM 1st
2022 EDM 2nd
James Neal

Although looking again, I don't think taking the Neal contract would be good for the Devils (if it were for 2 years it'd be fine I think)

Oilers said they won't use JP or a first to move cap out(Neal). Nor do I think they should. Neal still have 20 goal potential, that first could develop nicely and JP still has potential. JP >>> Merkley for higher stock, potential, age, experience. Oilers would be losing this trade.

1st + Merkley for JP and a 3rd or 4th even would be actual rise value today. But like I said before I think his value is going to be view d by at least twice as much then what it is now by the end of the season. JP potential is still an elite 1st line winger, 60-80+ point peak and I think even that's not giving him enough credit.
11 nov. 2020 à 6 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
Oilers wouldn’t accept that deal they are fine on d atm even with klef being out. The offence lost with klef is more than made up with Barrie already. Have jones who needs ice time have bouch and broberg knocking on the door. No reason to make the move if want Chiasson that’s fine can have for a pick but wouldn’t want salary back.
11 nov. 2020 à 7 h 40

Edmonton Oilers
2021 NYI 2nd
Nick Merkley

New Jersey Devils
Jesse Puljujarvi
2021 EDM 1st
2022 EDM 2nd
James Neal

Oilers easily decline this as well. Not paying to remove Neal people seem to forget he’s productive in his role with the team and brings value to Edmonton he’s only played half a season healthy will certainly give him a chance to play a full season before considering anything involving paying to remove.
11 nov. 2020 à 10 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Timmah007
Oilers easily decline this as well. Not paying to remove Neal people seem to forget he’s productive in his role with the team and brings value to Edmonton he’s only played half a season healthy will certainly give him a chance to play a full season before considering anything involving paying to remove.

Wait, you don't actually think James Neal brings value do you? Holy **** lol one shooting % bender for a few games is enough for y'all is it? He was a huge net negative at all uses last year, literally (and I'm not even making this up) worse than Lucic was for the flames.

I mean hey, if you're just gonna allow your management to keep ****ty players who am I to argue. Makes the leafs job in a Canadian division easier
11 nov. 2020 à 14 h 5
Wait, you don't actually think James Neal brings value do you? Holy **** lol one shooting % bender for a few games is enough for y'all is it? He was a huge net negative at all uses last year, literally (and I'm not even making this up) worse than Lucic was for the flames.

I mean hey, if you're just gonna allow your management to keep ****ty players who am I to argue. Makes the leafs job in a Canadian division easier

Ya negative if count half the year was playing with a broken foot. I prefer to look at what a player can do healthy and track record of that injury very little concern it’s reoccurring so ya I certainly want to see a full season from him before moving. Was on pace for 30 goals before the injury.
1 déc. 2020 à 2 h 8
Do you know who Ty Smith is?
Actually I know the answer is no because no one who did would post this. And from many-many insider reports the Panthers have been looking to trade Weegar for awhile (Had a deal for Johnsson and Dermott that the Leafs rejected) and that they want to re jig their Dcore. Walsh is a high end prospect. He would be a great get for them.

Yes, I know who Ty Smith is. Thank you for the crappy attitude. My point was that the Panthers wouldn't move Weegar without a dramatic overpay.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage