Forums/Armchair-GM

What I Wouldve Done This Offseason

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 8 nov. 2020
Publié: 8 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I think Kyle Dubas did a fantastic job managing the cap this offseason and overall, the team looks much improved on paper. The only moves I would've done differently would be to try and find an upgrade on Holl as well as not sign Bogosian.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
1700 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
DeMelo, Dylan
43 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
TOR
    Never Signed
    TOR
      Dylan DeMelo UFA Rights
      WPG
        2020 3rd Round Pick
        TOR
          *Couldn't Fit Him Under The Cap
          Rachats de contrats
          Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
          Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de DAL
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          Logo de TOR
          TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
          2281 500 000 $81 324 741 $0 $0 $175 259 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
          Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
          2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
          AD, AG
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
          C
          UFA - 4
          10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
          AD
          UFA - 5
          1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
          AG, AD
          UFA - 2
          11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
          C, AG
          NMC
          UFA - 5
          6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
          AD
          UFA - 4
          900 000 $900 000 $
          AD, AG
          UFA - 1
          3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
          AG, C, AD
          UFA - 3
          750 000 $750 000 $
          AD
          RFA - 3
          700 000 $700 000 $
          C, AG
          NMC
          UFA - 1
          700 000 $700 000 $
          C, AD
          UFA - 1
          700 000 $700 000 $
          AD
          UFA - 1
          Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
          5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
          DG
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
          DG/DD
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
          G
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
          DG
          M-NTC
          UFA - 2
          DeMelo, Dylan
          3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
          1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
          G
          UFA - 2
          874 125 $874 125 $
          DG/DD
          UFA - 1
          925 000 $925 000 $
          DG
          UFA - 1
          Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
          700 000 $700 000 $
          AG, AD
          UFA - 1
          700 000 $700 000 $
          DG
          UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
          • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
          8 nov. 2020 à 13 h 49
          Rejoint: sept. 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 76
          Quoting: Miles_Togo
          Ah yes the cult of Dubas who are the only people on the planet to not realize both how terrible and how soft the team was last season.

Ok boomer.
          Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 13 h 49
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Rejoint: sept. 2019
          Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
          No, but I don't think that this team can be a legit contender with the big-4 taking up as much of the cap as they do. I don't see any way out, as they are unlikely to get a good enough return for one of the big-4 anyway. I see them struggling for the next 4 years. Maybe getting to the 2nd round once. Losing any player who out-performs their contract because they won't be able to re-sign them. And continuing to do a terrible job of developing their young Ds. Then starting over again in 4 years or so and everyone will wonder how this team never got anywhere.

As for your team, I think it is way too soft. Both the Ds and Fs. I have never seen any evidence that Demelo would consider signing in Toronto, and I don't see why Winnipeg would consider trading his rights when they were trying to (successfully) sign him.

Thanks for the feedback. I think Matthews & Tavares are untouchable so you’d only be able to trade Marner (who no one wants) or Nylander. I think this team is a lot tougher than the team they rolled last season. Guys like Hyman, Mikheyev, Anderson, Vesey & Perry/Simmonds are all heavy grinding type forwards.
          8 nov. 2020 à 13 h 51
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          Rejoint: juill. 2015
          Mentions "j'aime": 22,636
          Quoting: JaredOfLondon
          Andersen is a very different kind of player than Bracco, he's a Hyman type and a pretty good bet to be at least a useful 2 way 3rd liner.
          People want to trade Holl because they think a teams 4th best defender needs to be Brett Pesce or something.
          Brodie is significantly better than DeMelo. DeMelo has become so hilariously over rated it's not even funny and it doesnt matter what the Leafs thought because he never even made it to free agency so they never had a shot at him

Just because Andersen is different than Bracco, doesn't make Andersen an NHLer either. Hope he is, but by his past performance, doesn't seem to an NHL earlier to me.
          Thanks for your DeMelo analysis. Even still if the Leafs had shown interest, DeMelo would have known and might waited for a the UFA signing period to give him more choice. That been said, some UFAs that signed later never got the $$$ or term they expected and some players remain unsigned. Maybe DeMelo was smart and took the money when it was available
          Trickster a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 13 h 52
          Rejoint: mai 2019
          Mentions "j'aime": 7,353
          Never liked Cherry, but I do understand that the NHL is a league of adults - adults who laughed at a team so soft even 6-year-olds would have pushed them around.

And the proof is in the actual results. Back in 2018 everyone "knew" that the team was going to a contender within a year or two. Instead they couldn't hold a lead, embarrassed themselves all season long, played at a 94.8 point pace (even worse than 2016-17) and missed the playoffs.

I think that Cherry is an idiot, but the advanced stats goofs are far bigger dummies.

lol sure thing bahd. That's why your analysis sounds like it was coming straight out of that over pressed high collar of his. Amazing how one partial season where the defence is hilariously crushed by injuries and they have the worst goaltending in years they suddenly play worse!
          Only someone who watches hockey games by listening to Nick Kypreos flap his gums between periods instead of actually, you know, watching the games could see what happened.
          Anyone who thinks "softness" is even a top 10 issue with last years leafs should try paying attention to what's actually going on when they play.
          8 nov. 2020 à 13 h 55
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: palhal
          Why do Leafs fans think Joey Anderson is an NHLer? He's a 23 year old AHLer who couldn't crack the Devils lineup.
          Why do so many folks want to trade 20- minute a game and the Leafs best RHD Holl?
          I wonder if Brodie is worth his 5m contract when I see other UFA deals signed. Holl and maybe DeMelo at 3.25m would have been better solution and then there would be additional cap space. Thought Toronto boy DeMelo would have listened to Leafs offers but either the DeMelo or the Leafs didn't think DeMelo was a fit.

Remember the Leafs dug themselves out the Babcock non playoff spot pit, and earned a playoff spot with a rookie coach. If the Leafs get off to better start and Keefe is better, and the Leafs don't sustain LTIR injuries to Muzzin and Reilly like they did last year, they should be better.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah if they signed DeMelo instead of Brodie they would have more cap space for forward depth. But I think Dubas felt that Brodie has more sample size and pedigree, that’s why he costs more.
          8 nov. 2020 à 13 h 57
          Meh
          Rejoint: juill. 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 239
          lol sure thing bahd. That's why your analysis sounds like it was coming straight out of that over pressed high collar of his. Amazing how one partial season where the defence is hilariously crushed by injuries and they have the worst goaltending in years they suddenly play worse!
          Only someone who watches hockey games by listening to Nick Kypreos flap his gums between periods instead of actually, you know, watching the games could see what happened.
          Anyone who thinks "softness" is even a top 10 issue with last years leafs should try paying attention to what's actually going on when they play.

This is how incredibly stupid people like you are. Even Kyle Dubas recognized how ridiculously soft the team was last year and talked repeatedly about how the team needed to be harder to play against.

Maybe some day you will right about something, but I doubt it.
          8 nov. 2020 à 13 h 59
          Quoting: palhal
          Just because Andersen is different than Bracco, doesn't make Andersen an NHLer either. Hope he is, but by his past performance, doesn't seem to an NHL earlier to me.
          Thanks for your DeMelo analysis. Even still if the Leafs had shown interest, DeMelo would have known and might waited for a the UFA signing period to give him more choice. That been said, some UFAs that signed later never got the $$$ or term they expected and some players remain unsigned. Maybe DeMelo was smart and took the money when it was available

there was zero negotiation window this year. There is no (legal) way that DeMelo could have known the leafs had interest in signing him, and DeMelo 100% got offered as good a contract as he was going to get by winnipeg so he probably took it rather than be sitting here today like Vatanen and Hamonic are.

Andersen is more likely an NHLer than Bracco is because he is different and because players like him generally take a lot longer to crack the lineup, especially when the team they were on is run by someone who seemed really against giving him a shot over vet players who arnt very good (so say Devils fans anyway).
          Heck, Anderson already has played almost 50 NHL games over 2 seasons and Bracco hasnt suited up for one, and Anderson was 21 last season, he's over a year younger than Bracco
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 0
          DaBus
          Rejoint: sept. 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 489
          Bogo and Demelo are similar players. Why spend an additional 2M, especially when TOR is a cap strapped team?
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 1
          This is how incredibly stupid people like you are. Even Kyle Dubas recognized how ridiculously soft the team was last year and talked repeatedly about how the team needed to be harder to play against.

Maybe some day you will right about something, but I doubt it.

look at you go. If you were actually paying attention to what the leafs did in the off season you'd notice that Dubas did a heck of a lot more than "add toughness" to the Leafs roster, he shored up goaltending depth, added a huge piece to the defence and brought in some guys with really good defensive analytics! It's almost like toughness was one of a dozen things he improved!
          But of course people who cant see past their Colton Orr boners only noticed the one thing.
          swinny, Trickster et DartGuy86 a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 11
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: DaBus
          Bogo and Demelo are similar players. Why spend an additional 2M, especially when TOR is a cap strapped team?

I think DeMelo is a lot better than Bogosian. Not really sure if Bogosian is a top 4 defenceman anymore.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 13
          Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
          I think DeMelo is a lot better than Bogosian. Not really sure if Bogosian is a top 4 defenceman anymore.

he 100% isnt, Bogo is barely a 3rd pairing defender. However Brodie is significantly better than DeMelo
          gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 14
          Meh
          look at you go. If you were actually paying attention to what the leafs did in the off season you'd notice that Dubas did a heck of a lot more than "add toughness" to the Leafs roster, he shored up goaltending depth, added a huge piece to the defence and brought in some guys with really good defensive analytics! It's almost like toughness was one of a dozen things he improved!
          But of course people who cant see past their Colton Orr boners only noticed the one thing.

Yawn. I look forward to your "analysis" of why the Leafs' were the best team in the NHL after they fail to make it past the first round again this year.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 15
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          he 100% isnt, Bogo is barely a 3rd pairing defender. However Brodie is significantly better than DeMelo

Yeah that’s true. Brodie played very tough minutes on the top pairing for Calgary and did very well.
          gretzkyghosts et Trickster a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 15
          Once a Kings Fan Too
          Rejoint: juin 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 25,018
          As much as I like DeMelo and tried to add him to almost all of my ACGM teams, I don't think exchanging him for Holl makes that much of an improvement -- but adding him sure would have.
          oneX, Trickster et palhal a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 16
          Yawn. I look forward to your "analysis" of why the Leafs' were the best team in the NHL after they fail to make it past the first round again this year.

i look forward to you blaming the leafs getting hilariously goaltendered, having their best defenders injured by blocking shots or shooting 2% on lack of toughness if it happens again.
          If the Leafs were as soft as people like you pretend then there is no way in the world they would have taken a team like the Bruins to 7 games or even got 2 wins out of the blue jackets last year.
          DartGuy86 a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 21
          Bcarlo25
          Rejoint: mai 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 6,967
          not that i think this is a good AGM or anything, but i swear to god the leafs could add McDavid and Hedman and somehow people would still be "bloo bloo first round exit"

Theres just something wrong with the way this team is build.

Combine that with the huge cap hits for three players making it really hard to change the construction, and the fact that there are two juggernauts in their division, and it’s just hard to see them succeed.
          8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 38
          Go leafs go
          Rejoint: avr. 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
          Do you guys think this team is a contender?

I admit. I'm impressed you didn't trade Marner or lower his cap hit illegally.
          Thanos_1738 a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 15 h 55
          themostleaf33
          Rejoint: sept. 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 482
          Do you guys think this team is a contender?

To be honest, it's not really that much of an upgrade over the current group
          8 nov. 2020 à 16 h 1
          Meh
          i look forward to you blaming the leafs getting hilariously goaltendered, having their best defenders injured by blocking shots or shooting 2% on lack of toughness if it happens again.
          If the Leafs were as soft as people like you pretend then there is no way in the world they would have taken a team like the Bruins to 7 games or even got 2 wins out of the blue jackets last year.

Ah yes, the million excuses march. It will be on full display next year again.
          8 nov. 2020 à 16 h 10
          Ah yes, the million excuses march. It will be on full display next year again.

this is wonderful coming from the crew that insists toughness is the answer to everything. Doesnt matter why the leafs lose. Toughness is the answer every time and they've been saying it for decades even when toughness was the only thing the leafs had
          8 nov. 2020 à 17 h 37
          Rejoint: avr. 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
          The key is to make the playoffs then anything can happen.
          This is definitely a playoff team.
          While I am a Sabres fan, I think Dubas has done a great job and I wish the Leafs good luck.
          I never could see the reason for me to hate the Leafs.
          Look what happened to Pittsburgh and Boston in the playoffs, this past season.
          A lot of good teams in the east, will there be an all Canadian division?
          Who do they need to be better than?
          How will the playoffs be set up?
          Will they only play against the Canadian teams?

Toronto Maple Leafs
          Edmonton Oilers
          Winnipeg Jets
          Vancouver Canucks
          Calgary Flames
          Montreal Canadians
          Ottawa Senators
          This alignment could help the Leafs.
          So good luck Leafs, I would really hate to not see the two teams play this year.
          8 nov. 2020 à 18 h 2
          Hockey IQ
          Mentions "j'aime": 1,481
          Quoting: justaBoss
          Nope. It honestly isn't any better than the current Leafs are.

Still expecting a first round exit...

what he said.
          another playoff loss. although if the divisions switch up they might not have to play heavy teams right away IDK....if they had Canadian division opponents in the first couple rounds they might pull a round or two off only to get crushed by whoever can hit and play D
          8 nov. 2020 à 18 h 3
          Hockey IQ
          Mentions "j'aime": 1,481
          Never liked Cherry, but I do understand that the NHL is a league of adults - adults who laughed at a team so soft even 6-year-olds would have pushed them around.

And the proof is in the actual results. Back in 2018 everyone "knew" that the team was going to a contender within a year or two. Instead they couldn't hold a lead, embarrassed themselves all season long, played at a 94.8 point pace (even worse than 2016-17) and missed the playoffs.

I think that Cherry is an idiot, but the advanced stats goofs are far bigger dummies.

how has this post turned into trashing Don cherry lol???
          he's not perfect (nor is anyone...)
          but it's near Remembrance Day so wear a poppy Canadians....(which was his final message)...
          8 nov. 2020 à 18 h 12
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: OldNYIfan
          As much as I like DeMelo and tried to add him to almost all of my ACGM teams, I don't think exchanging him for Holl makes that much of an improvement -- but adding him sure would have.

Thanks for the feedback. I admit, the gap between DeMelo and Holl is not that big, it would be best to have both but unfortunately no cap space!
          OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
          8 nov. 2020 à 18 h 13
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: themostleaf33
          To be honest, it's not really that much of an upgrade over the current group

Fair enough, the only change is DeMelo for Holl. DeMelo is really highly rated whereas Holl isn’t, so I felt making that swap people would feel it is more of a contender.
          OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
          To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
          Question:
          Options:
          Ajouter une option
          Soumettre le sondage