Forums/Armchair-GM

How far do they go

Créé par: Gaetsn
Équipe: 2020-21 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 5 nov. 2020
Publié: 5 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I honestly think that this roster can make it to the WCF but won't be cup contenders.

With the expansion draft, treliving has shored up the defense, and golatending, after the expansion draft, and seeing how the forwards play, treliving will spend to the cap again and fill out the front end with high end talent.

After that the flames will win a cup within 3 years of the expansion draft.

Thoughts?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1787 500 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de EDM
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $69 439 166 $0 $457 500 $12 060 834 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 4
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
AG, AD, C
RFA - 1
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
C
UFA - 1
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 4
875 000 $875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
UFA - 4
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
787 500 $787 500 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 nov. 2020 à 20 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,292
Not worth asking on here, people will just say first round exit
5 nov. 2020 à 20 h 21
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
2nd round
5 nov. 2020 à 21 h 40
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
I think Calgary is a lot better then people give us credit for. We almost beat the cup runners-up in 5 without our best player lol
6 nov. 2020 à 1 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 419
Quoting: Alfie11
I think Calgary is a lot better then people give us credit for. We almost beat the cup runners-up in 5 without our best player lol

Honestly, I'm not super stoked about Ward returning, as I was not a fan of his roster decisions in the playoffs. I feel he may be or biggest weakness, but it was his first taste of the playoffs as a HC, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to show he can learn from his mistakes. I'm also not keen on our PK forwards this year, if Nordstrom plays the top 4 are good, but we need a #5 guy to step up badly as Backlund is always among the team leaders in minor penalties taken.
6 nov. 2020 à 13 h 14
Quoting: Lunatik
Honestly, I'm not super stoked about Ward returning, as I was not a fan of his roster decisions in the playoffs. I feel he may be or biggest weakness, but it was his first taste of the playoffs as a HC, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to show he can learn from his mistakes. I'm also not keen on our PK forwards this year, if Nordstrom plays the top 4 are good, but we need a #5 guy to step up badly as Backlund is always among the team leaders in minor penalties taken.

I agree, it's unfortunate that they chose to bring him back just because he got us to the first round (???) in a tough situation when he clearly showed he's not a great tactician. It looks especially foolish when you realize guys like Gallant and Boudreau are out there. I agree with the PK comment too, I'm hoping they teach one of Tkachuk/Bennett/Dube to kill penalties, I think adding strong defensive play to their games sets us up really well long term and gets better players on the ice more often, which is always a plus imo
6 nov. 2020 à 18 h 16
I agree, it's unfortunate that they chose to bring him back just because he got us to the first round (???) in a tough situation when he clearly showed he's not a great tactician. It looks especially foolish when you realize guys like Gallant and Boudreau are out there. I agree with the PK comment too, I'm hoping they teach one of Tkachuk/Bennett/Dube to kill penalties, I think adding strong defensive play to their games sets us up really well long term and gets better players on the ice more often, which is always a plus imo

When it comes to Boudreau, I honestly don't understand the love he gets as an "elite" coach; his teams have underachieved in the playoffs for the majority of his career. I did want Gallant though, pretty badly. That said, I do see the red flags, being let go twice in such a short period of time, both rather unceremoniously, has to make you wonder what those skeletons are. After Gallant though, I'm not sure anyone would have been a clear better choice.

For the PK, I think we see Dube get more PK time; he was a great PKer in Jr and at the World Jrs. I think Dominik Simon could transition to PK as well, everything we've heard is that he works hard and is solid defensively, seems like a good fit to try on the PK. Of course the best thing we could do is have our top PKers in Gio and Backlund cut down the amount of minor penalties they take.
6 nov. 2020 à 18 h 16

When it comes to Boudreau, I honestly don't understand the love he gets as an "elite" coach; his teams have underachieved in the playoffs for the majority of his career. I did want Gallant though, pretty badly. That said, I do see the red flags, being let go twice in such a short period of time, both rather unceremoniously, has to make you wonder what those skeletons are. After Gallant though, I'm not sure anyone would have been a clear better choice.

For the PK, I think we see Dube get more PK time; he was a great PKer in Jr and at the World Jrs. I think Dominik Simon could transition to PK as well, everything we've heard is that he works hard and is solid defensively, seems like a good fit to try on the PK. Of course the best thing we could do is have our top PKers in Gio and Backlund cut down the amount of minor penalties they take.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2020 à 20 h 37
Quoting: Lunatik

Problem with Simon is I think he’ll be the 13th forward (JG-SM-EL MT-MB-AM ML-SB-DD JN-DR-JL leaves Simon out) and if he’s in the lineup then Nordstrom, an actual PKer, is likely out. So yeah, I would like to see Dube step into that role, he’s fast, works hard, and has nice hands, and because he likely isn’t going to be in the top 6, the more we can get him out there the better. Not taking penalties also works lol but that isn’t going to change at this stage in their careers.

Which coach you like more is up for debate but they’re both established and have decent success in the playoffs (Gallant went to finals, Boudreau went a couple rounds p much every year). I don’t think either is really elite (ngl the only coaches I consider elite are Trotz and maybe Cooper lol) but both are experienced and not a first time head coach which is better now that we’re in our window regardless of who we picked. I just think management doesn’t like spending money on coaches and I don’t agree with that philosophy, especially at a crucial time (we can’t afford to waste any of the next 2-3 years, gotta go deep while we’re competitive).
7 nov. 2020 à 2 h 53
Problem with Simon is I think he’ll be the 13th forward (JG-SM-EL MT-MB-AM ML-SB-DD JN-DR-JL leaves Simon out) and if he’s in the lineup then Nordstrom, an actual PKer, is likely out. So yeah, I would like to see Dube step into that role, he’s fast, works hard, and has nice hands, and because he likely isn’t going to be in the top 6, the more we can get him out there the better. Not taking penalties also works lol but that isn’t going to change at this stage in their careers.

Which coach you like more is up for debate but they’re both established and have decent success in the playoffs (Gallant went to finals, Boudreau went a couple rounds p much every year). I don’t think either is really elite (ngl the only coaches I consider elite are Trotz and maybe Cooper lol) but both are experienced and not a first time head coach which is better now that we’re in our window regardless of who we picked. I just think management doesn’t like spending money on coaches and I don’t agree with that philosophy, especially at a crucial time (we can’t afford to waste any of the next 2-3 years, gotta go deep while we’re competitive).

A lot of Flames fans have the opinion that the Flames ownership doesn't like to pay for coaches, but Peters was a quite expensive coach, IIRC he was making $3m in Carolina before coming over. SO I'm not sure I buy that, but we all have to remember the list of coaches to repeat as Cup Champs, is extremely short. So for all we know the coach matters even less than we think, lol.

I also think you are right about Simon being the #13, but with injuries he'll still be in the lineup alot.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage