SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Washington Capitals, Seattle expansion draft list

2 nov. 2020 à 12 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
List as of right now, considering who is currently on the roster and who currently falls under the "exempt" rules. * designates NMC so that player must be protected unless he waives.

Exempt status might change, but I do not think for these folks. I am figuring that certain people would be resigned if their contract is up (Ovechkin, Vrana, Samsonov, etc). Exempt and Exposed are not full lists, just "bigger" names. You need to expect to lose someone decent as that is the point of the rules of the ED.

F: Backstrom*, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Eller, Vrana, +Somebody young like Jonsson/Pilon or whoever stands out
D: Carlson, Orlov, Siegenthaler
G: Samsonov
Exempt: McMichael, Protas, Alexeyev, Fehervary
Exposed: Vanecek, Schultz, Dillon, Oshie, Panik, Hagelin

I am not really concerned about losing anyone on the exposed list. Vanecek, maybe, but meh if Samsonov is the way to go. In all honestly, I would offer something to Seattle to get them to take Oshie in the draft. His age and contract would be better served by NOT being on the Caps. He will be 34, turning 35, and have 4 years left at $5.75M cap hit.

Anyone else looking at the lists yet?
12 févr. 2021 à 11 h 17
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 48
Are there any restrictions stopping Seattle from selecting Oshie and then retaining salary in a trade back to the Caps? $5.75M is a rough cap hit but $3M would seem like a bargain. He's still an effective player and I don't see anyone ready to take his spot in the lineup. Outside of an NHL caliber shot/release there isn't much to Sprong so i'm less than impressed and don't see much upside to his game.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage