SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Puzzling offseasons by a few teams

31 oct. 2020 à 20 h 7
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Winnipeg Jets:
-I liked adding Stastny, I still believe he's got a 20 goals, 45-50 pts season in him which will inevitably boost the Jets C depth as well as their 2PP unit.
-what I don't understand is not adding a top 4 defender. I like Forbort but he's a number 6-7. They needed another d-man who can play 20+ minutes per game every night to remove pressure off Morrisey/Pionk/DeMelo's shoulders. Yet GMKC didn't. Maybe Samberg is a stud and will play 20 minutes a game starting whenever next season starts but I don't buy it.

Pittsburgh Penguins:
-they needed a better 3C than McCann who's much better suited as a W. Yet GMJR didn't add a 3C.
-moving Hornqvist while he still had a bit of value was smart, but Matheson has been playing at a bottom pairing level for the better part of the past 2 seasons... that wouldn't be an issue if he hadn't a 4,875 AAV for the next 6 years.
-buying out JJ was smart
-adding Ceci is just dumb
-overpaying for Kappy is just bad. I get that whoever they would've picked wouldn't have immediately helped them, same goes for Hallander. However, that doesn't mean moving those 2 pieces for a middle sixer makes sense.

Vancouver Canucks:
-I still don't get why GMJB showed interest in OEL. Look, I like OEL. I really do. But he still has a decent amount of defensive woes. With QH also having defensive gaps here and there and OEL in the lineup, that would've meant that 1/3 of their blueline would've had defensive issues, which is... not what you pay a D-core for.
-I don't understand why they didn't resign TT. They could've moved Benn/Baerscthi/Sutter to clear cap room yet they didn't. Worst thing here is that they didn't get a replacement of any sort for TT. Btw this is why I'd add Kahun if I were Benning. Miller-Horvat-Boeser, Pearson-EP-Virtanen, Roussel-Gaudette-Kahun, IMO that's a solid top 9

New York Rangers
-we needed one more defensively sound forward yet we only added 13th forwards (Rooney and Blackwell)?
-we needed another d-man who could play big PK minutes and we chose Jack FREAKING Johnson??? Andy Greene was and still is available and is much better than JJ. I mean we already have Smith as a useless defender? Gorton added another one??
Brian2016 et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2020 à 3 h 38
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I'm shocked Greene is still available. He played top 6 for NYI - one of the deepest D's in the league - and played solid minutes throughout the postseason.

OEL to VAN would be a big mistake, imo. Like you said, Quinn is already an elite PP QB and OEL would be redundant in that regard. I really like Nate Schmidt though. He's gonna fit in really well. And hopefully Juolevi cracks the lineup, too. It's pretty much now or never for him. Had JB been able to keep TT I would've picked VAN as my offseason winner. Maybe TT really wanted to goto MTL? 4.25x4 (or whatever it was) seems like great value for 20-25G and VAN really could've used the offensive depth. But, I do believe they're gonna be improved next season.
5 nov. 2020 à 20 h 12
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Minnesota's offseason is a puzzling one for me. It seems like Geurin is just making changes for the sake of changing things. Why is he trading Staal for Johansson? Kunin for Bonino? These aren't even moves for rebuilding, these are just random changes that make them worse right now. Their draft decisions are the only thing that make legitimate sense to me.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2020 à 22 h 46
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: krakowitz
Minnesota's offseason is a puzzling one for me. It seems like Geurin is just making changes for the sake of changing things. Why is he trading Staal for Johansson? Kunin for Bonino? These aren't even moves for rebuilding, these are just random changes that make them worse right now. Their draft decisions are the only thing that make legitimate sense to me.

Yeah, MIN is stuck right now. They still have way too many expensive vets to go full rebuild and not enough young talent to trade away the vets like Parise, Spurgeon, and Suter. The MoJo trade was totally pointless. His ceiling is probably 35-40 points and he's always hurt. The Bonino acquisition doesn't really bother me given the fact that Geurin kept all the other vets. They're gonna be a borderline playoff team next season, though. And they won't get a super high pick as long as they're an average team. They need to tank in order to really improve for the future.
8 nov. 2020 à 18 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Quoting: krakowitz

Don't forget signing Talbot for 3 years. Guerin has made 1 good move (Zucker trade) and a bunch of meh to bad moves since he took over.

I'm really regretting MN firing Fenton a year ago. He made some weird moves, but he at least had a plan and was getting younger.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage