Canadian Division Standings Predictions

Créé par: arafay
Équipe: 2020-21 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 31 oct. 2020
Publié: 31 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
These are my predictions

The leafs are as close to a complete team as they ever have been now. Imo they will be first.

The Canadiens are the second best team on paper and they have improved everywhere they needed to. I’m just not so sure how far they will get without a real star on the front end. But imo, they have the least question marks and are a lock for top 3 at least.

The jets. I’m a serious fan of what chevy has done (basically what I wanted). If top prospects like Samberg, heinola, or niku can step into a top 4 role then the jets are easily top 3. If none of them are ready for top 4 minutes, the jets go out and get a top 4 ld rental and they are a top 3 team. For this reason, I believe the jets’ issues on the back end are seriously overblown and with a top 4 ld, they easily could be the best team in the division.

Now this is where I was really unsure. Calgary clearly improved in goaltending. But not on offence and I’m not so sure that the gaudreau-Monahan duo has it anymore. They have been largely invisible for the past few years. Beyond that, they have a hole in their top 6. That said, they are still 4th seed

For the oilers: the oilers proved a couple of years ago that without klefbom, their backend is a heap of trash. That may change with the introduction of bear and Jones, but I’m not so sure. Also, I’m not a big believer of their goaltending (though I don’t think anyone is). Therefore below average goaltending + below average defense = no go for me. Though with the mcdavid-draisaitl duo, anything can happen.

Now the canucks. I don’t honestly know why I ranked them so low (maybe peer pressure). Their goaltending is better than most think imo (though holtby is below average imo). Demko is really good, but I’m not so sure he can handle a 1a’s load. They lost toffoli and Tanev but brought in Schmidt. They can always add another forward but I think to get consideration as a top 3 team, they need to get that top 6 forward first.

Okay, I love what Dorion has done (expect for the Sanderson pick), but this team still isn’t good obviously. They take a step forward but have too many holes. However, we may see them be as good as the Canadiens were last year (regular season). So still bottom 10 but good not trash.

The guys in the LTIR are the guys I think will be too 5 in goal scoring
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
781 500 000 $55 107 143 $0 $0 $26 392 857 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Flames de Calgary
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 3
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 995 000 $4 995 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 5

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 oct. 2020 à 16 h 41
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 289
I think Calgary will rebound to second with their additions. I also have Vancouver finishing 3rd even though they had a bad offseason mostly due to their young core. I think the last spot could go between mtl and oilers.
31 oct. 2020 à 16 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
the Canadian Division is honestly so unfair. leafs go from a division with Tampa and Boston, two legit contenders, to having a cake walk for first place in the division. Then again, it is the leafs, im sure they'll find a way to mess it up
arafay a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2020 à 16 h 46
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 289
Quoting: mhockey91
the Canadian Division is honestly so unfair. leafs go from a division with Tampa and Boston, two legit contenders, to having a cake walk for first place in the division. Then again, it is the leafs, im sure they'll find a way to mess it up

I mean this division is better than the pacific last year IMO. But still no excuses for the leafs next year, If this is the division and the leafs don’t work out the changes this offseason will look like nothing compared to the changes next year.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2020 à 17 h 10
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
Haha I can’t wait to see this get proven wrong. Considering leafs the best team in a Canadian division won’t prove to be the case.
31 oct. 2020 à 17 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 80
Id put van & wpg over monteral for 1 2 3 and sprinkle the leafs in there somwhere when they take there month off
31 oct. 2020 à 19 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Quoting: mhockey91

I agree the leafs might mess it up, but the Canadian division would be interesting to say the least. The if the jets can add to their back end, they are easily a top 10 team on paper. Same for montreal if they can add a star (though easier said than done), if Vancouver can add a top 6 winger, they are good too. The list goes on...

This division could be the closest and dare I say best one, depending on what certain teams add or subtract
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2020 à 19 h 59
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,299
Well, Vancouver, they got their butts kicked by the Canadian teams last season and got considerably worse. Losing Markstrom was a killer (correct move long term) he kept them in so many games!
I hope they finish dead last so keeping this 1st rounder in 2021 will pay dividends

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage