SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Detroit Red Wings signed Tyler Bertuzzi (1 Year / $3,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 oct. 2020 à 18 h 56
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: HelmutCool
One more question.

Arbitration awards can only be 1 or 2 years in length [CBA 12.10(a)&(b)]The party (Player or Club) who did not elect for Arbitration decides on the awarded term [CBA 12.10(a)&(b)]

Detroit had the option of getting this as a 2 year deal, right? For 3.5M/annual.

Do they think they will get second arbitration lower? Does expiring contract make better/worse value if they trade him at deadline?
Is it 1 year just so they can try for a real contract after this expires, and want to negotiate while he is still RFA?

Honestly if I were Tyler I would just file arbitration next year no matter what if the stats are anywhere near last seasons.

Just comparing to Josh Anderson and 7x 5.5M. Thinking the players are pretty equal. Would even give edge to Bertuzzi

A 2 year deal would’ve walked him to UFA. Keeping him as an RFA for at least 1 more year would be much more valuable for the Red Wings or a team that’s acquiring him.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2020 à 20 h 52
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
Very solid deal for both.
27 oct. 2020 à 22 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 833
Quoting: SevenLeg
Solid deal. Wings fan probably would have wanted him long term but this is not bad either.

Why are we acting like Detroit has no cap-space and was lucky to keep him on the team ... for one year?
27 oct. 2020 à 22 h 37
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
If Lias Andersson doesn't pan out, I really want the Kings to trade for this kid.
28 oct. 2020 à 4 h 40
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
This is a pretty big surprise. I don't see why both parties wouldn't want a long term deal. Bertuzzi has definitely established himself as a solid top on a bad team (middle six on a good team) and he seems to be well liked. His numbers were quite similar each of the last 2 seasons. Why not $4.5M x 5 years? I certainly think he's worth it and even if he puts up 60+ points next season I doubt he'll do much better.
28 oct. 2020 à 4 h 50
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: pharrow
to the people who say 20 goal scores don't make 3.5

Good fair deal for player and team

You're correct. And some guys score less than 20G and get double or more!. Hall, Skinner, Duchene, Kessel, etc...And Betruzzi is a playmaker and a goal scorer lol.
28 oct. 2020 à 8 h 56
NoCupsForCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 557
Quoting: Brian2016
This is a pretty big surprise. I don't see why both parties wouldn't want a long term deal. Bertuzzi has definitely established himself as a solid top on a bad team (middle six on a good team) and he seems to be well liked. His numbers were quite similar each of the last 2 seasons. Why not $4.5M x 5 years? I certainly think he's worth it and even if he puts up 60+ points next season I doubt he'll do much better.

Yeah I genuinely don't get it unless Bert didn't want a long term deal...which would also be a bit of a headscratcher because he seems to like it here well enough even though the teams terrible. Never would have thought these two parties would need to go to arbitration.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
28 oct. 2020 à 11 h 45
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
Bertuzzi getting paid!
28 oct. 2020 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Quoting: Wright87
Oh really? The money is running out? You are an absolute JOKE, dumb dumb dumb & dumber.

Really? resorting to insults for stating that the money is running out? Cap space is running out for many teams, still a few decent players without contracts that are now scrambling for paychecks. The chances for the situation to be better next year- are slim, but the chances of being much worse- are pretty high. Still no idea how theyre going to play games, how many, how many with fans, with just tv revenue (and sports tv ratings have plummeted) the NHL isnt on solid footing. Even if the salaries are pro-rated for games played, with zero gate revenue, there are quite a few teams losing millions next year.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage