Date de création initiale: 26 oct. 2020
Publié: 26 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Transactions
ARI
ANA
  1. Miller, Mitchell [Liste de réserve]
Détails additionnels:
Traded to a team for the sake of this ACGM. After learning of his story no NHL team should want a guy like this.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de PIT
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $76 355 284 $196 951 $1 750 000 $5 144 716 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
1 533 333 $1 533 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
7 150 000 $7 150 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 850 000 $5 850 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 6
6 800 000 $6 800 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 5
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance1 750 000 $$2M)
C, AG
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
3 937 500 $3 937 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
5 475 000 $5 475 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 1
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 275 000 $5 275 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
26 oct. 2020 à 19 h 41
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 157
I totally agree I read that story today and arizona is ruining it's organization between this and the scouting incident
26 oct. 2020 à 19 h 57
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,986
I kinda agree but mostly dont.

Bill Peters, Montgomery and Babcock were some of many coaches who got into abrasive incidents. Their exposal was shame on them and their reputations, but they admitted to their wrongs - mostly which was separated by some length of time and, now they all have jobs again. For me, that's a good on them. They saw what they did wrong, were humiliated for it, and reformed. They all know that if they ever do anything remotely similar again, they're done.

In this case, it's seriously messed up what happened. But honestly how frequently does / did stuff like this happen in schools. Just because this guy has achieved something in life doesn't make him any different from any other changed individuals. Teens act mindlessly and with time and experience come to see their stupidity. I'm not sure about this guy if he has rounded the corner yet - I'm not too sure how legitimate his apology is - that also will be revealed with time. However, this public shaming is a lot of pressure on someone of this age. Imagine seeing one of your dumb actions being broadcast everywhere. It's shameful. Unless you are a seriously messed up person who doesn't see fault in their wrongs, they will change.

Nothing will repay the mental damage that has happened to the victor, however I think there is a fine line between excessive punishment and proper punishment. The goal isn't to ruin two peoples lives, it is to teach a lesson. Why destroy a 20 year career over these actions (potentially damaging, causing him to act more stupidly) when you can handle it other ways.

This guy is bound to get paid, perhaps some of that money goes back to the family. There's all sorts of better ways this can go. Destroying a career and life goal is not the way around it.
papishark a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2020 à 20 h 6
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
While this was awful, the guy was 14. I had bullies when I was 14 but I wouldnt wish to ruin their entire lives if they wanted to change. People were more willing to give Voynov a pass for beating his wife than this guy being stupid in 8th grade.
26 oct. 2020 à 20 h 32
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
What he did was awful but if you fired everyone for the worst thing they'd ever done, most people wouldn't have jobs. Granted, the worst thing most people have done isn't as bad as smashing a disabled kids head into a wall or feeding him a urinal lollipop but we also don't know how that truly happened. You hear the story but you didn't experience it (not saying what he did was good, it was awful anyway you slice it but it may not be as bad as perceived. Although that is highly unlikely it is still a possibility). He should be punished, but I think he should still get an NHL opportunity if he can prove he has changed. 4 years wasn't too long ago so he'd have to do something significant to prove himself
26 oct. 2020 à 20 h 37
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,188
Quoting: Wqrrior
I kinda agree but mostly dont.

Bill Peters, Montgomery and Babcock were some of many coaches who got into abrasive incidents. Their exposal was shame on them and their reputations, but they admitted to their wrongs - mostly which was separated by some length of time and, now they all have jobs again. For me, that's a good on them. They saw what they did wrong, were humiliated for it, and reformed. They all know that if they ever do anything remotely similar again, they're done.

In this case, it's seriously messed up what happened. But honestly how frequently does / did stuff like this happen in schools. Just because this guy has achieved something in life doesn't make him any different from any other changed individuals. Teens act mindlessly and with time and experience come to see their stupidity. I'm not sure about this guy if he has rounded the corner yet - I'm not too sure how legitimate his apology is - that also will be revealed with time. However, this public shaming is a lot of pressure on someone of this age. Imagine seeing one of your dumb actions being broadcast everywhere. It's shameful. Unless you are a seriously messed up person who doesn't see fault in their wrongs, they will change.

Nothing will repay the mental damage that has happened to the victor, however I think there is a fine line between excessive punishment and proper punishment. The goal isn't to ruin two peoples lives, it is to teach a lesson. Why destroy a 20 year career over these actions (potentially damaging, causing him to act more stupidly) when you can handle it other ways.

This guy is bound to get paid, perhaps some of that money goes back to the family. There's all sorts of better ways this can go. Destroying a career and life goal is not the way around it.

Quoting: papishark
While this was awful, the guy was 14. I had bullies when I was 14 but I wouldnt wish to ruin their entire lives if they wanted to change. People were more willing to give Voynov a pass for beating his wife than this guy being stupid in 8th grade.

Quoting: TheFlamingC
What he did was awful but if you fired everyone for the worst thing they'd ever done, most people wouldn't have jobs. Granted, the worst thing most people have done isn't as bad as smashing a disabled kids head into a wall but we also don't know how that truly happened. You hear the story but you didn't experience it (not saying what he did was good, it was awful anyway you slice it but it may not be as bad as perceived. Although that is highly unlikely it is still a possibility). He should be punished, but I think he should still get an NHL opportunity if he can prove he has changed. 4 years wasn't too long ago so he'd have to do something significant to prove himself

Quoting: TheFlamingC
What he did was awful but if you fired everyone for the worst thing they'd ever done, most people wouldn't have jobs. Granted, the worst thing most people have done isn't as bad as smashing a disabled kids head into a wall but we also don't know how that truly happened. You hear the story but you didn't experience it (not saying what he did was good, it was awful anyway you slice it but it may not be as bad as perceived. Although that is highly unlikely it is still a possibility). He should be punished, but I think he should still get an NHL opportunity if he can prove he has changed. 4 years wasn't too long ago so he'd have to do something significant to prove himself

Counterpoint: He's a psychopath who never apologized and doesn't deserve the riches that come with an NHL career.

There's bullying and then there's what this kid did. The fact you're being so light about it is concerning.

Here are a couple of paragraphs from the most recent article bringing light to this (https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2020/10/26/arizona-coyotes-top-draft-pick-bullied-black-disabled-kid-4-years-ago/3735555001/):
Quote:
Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, the Black student, told The Arizona Republic that he was stunned and saddened when he learned the Coyotes earlier this month had selected Mitchell Miller, whom he grew up with in Sylvania, Ohio.

Four years ago, Miller admitted in an Ohio juvenile court to bullying Meyer-Crothers, who was tricked into licking a candy push pop that Miller and another boy had wiped in a bathroom urinal.Meyer-Crothers had to be tested for hepatitis, HIV and STDs, but the tests came back negative, according to a police report.

Meyer-Crothers, also 18 and who now lives in Detroit, said Miller had taunted him for years, constantly calling him "brownie" and the "N-word," while repeatedly hitting him while growing up in the Toledo suburb. Other students at their junior high confirmed to police that Miller repeatedly used the "N-word" in referring to Meyer-Crothers.

"He pretended to be my friend and made me do things I didn't want to do," Meyer-Crothers said in a phone interview. "In junior high, I got beat up by him. … Everyone thinks he's so cool that he gets to go to the NHL, but I don't see how someone can be cool when you pick on someone and bully someone your entire life."

Picking on someone with a disability for years isn't something that should be so easily forgiven especially when he's pretty much not even taken the first step forward on that path (apologizing).
26 oct. 2020 à 20 h 52
Quoting: mondo
Counterpoint: He's a psychopath who never apologized and doesn't deserve the riches that come with an NHL career.

There's bullying and then there's what this kid did. The fact you're being so light about it is concerning.

Here are a couple of paragraphs from the most recent article bringing light to this (https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2020/10/26/arizona-coyotes-top-draft-pick-bullied-black-disabled-kid-4-years-ago/3735555001/):
Quote:
Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, the Black student, told The Arizona Republic that he was stunned and saddened when he learned the Coyotes earlier this month had selected Mitchell Miller, whom he grew up with in Sylvania, Ohio.

Four years ago, Miller admitted in an Ohio juvenile court to bullying Meyer-Crothers, who was tricked into licking a candy push pop that Miller and another boy had wiped in a bathroom urinal.Meyer-Crothers had to be tested for hepatitis, HIV and STDs, but the tests came back negative, according to a police report.

Meyer-Crothers, also 18 and who now lives in Detroit, said Miller had taunted him for years, constantly calling him "brownie" and the "N-word," while repeatedly hitting him while growing up in the Toledo suburb. Other students at their junior high confirmed to police that Miller repeatedly used the "N-word" in referring to Meyer-Crothers.

"He pretended to be my friend and made me do things I didn't want to do," Meyer-Crothers said in a phone interview. "In junior high, I got beat up by him. … Everyone thinks he's so cool that he gets to go to the NHL, but I don't see how someone can be cool when you pick on someone and bully someone your entire life."

Picking on someone with a disability for years isn't something that should be so easily forgiven especially when he's pretty much not even taken the first step forward on that path (apologizing).

Let's say this was a criminal case with jailtime. They go to jail for some time, they are released, they slowly work their way back into the world. If a criminal can still repair their lives (even with actions much later on in life), then why should a kid lose all hope of life for their mindless actions. You need to weigh the scales and see it as what will teach the lesson, not what is vengeful and detriment to his entire life course.
papishark a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2020 à 21 h 8
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805

Quote:

Nobody is on his side. I just believe in second chances. If he apologizes and can prove he's sorry and has changed, he should get it. If he isn't, then he shouldn't get it
papishark, Wqrrior et desertdog111 a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2020 à 21 h 24
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226

Let's say this was a criminal case with jailtime. They go to jail for some time, they are released, they slowly work their way back into the world. If a criminal can still repair their lives (even with actions much later on in life), then why should a kid lose all hope of life for their mindless actions. You need to weigh the scales and see it as what will teach the lesson, not what is vengeful and detriment to his entire life course.[/quote]
Exactly. Don’t we all argue that people who go to jail deserve the chance to be rehabilitated and work back into society rather than just condemned forever? Obviously it depends on the crime but he was a kid and the court punishment was community service and counseling and diversity training. If he shows in the future that he learned nothing I would write him off, but I still believe that people can change
Wqrrior a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2020 à 21 h 50
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,188

Let's say this was a criminal case with jailtime. They go to jail for some time, they are released, they slowly work their way back into the world. If a criminal can still repair their lives (even with actions much later on in life), then why should a kid lose all hope of life for their mindless actions. You need to weigh the scales and see it as what will teach the lesson, not what is vengeful and detriment to his entire life course.

He can work his way back into society like the rest of us do. He doesn't need or deserve to be on an NHL team.

You completely overlooked the fact he hasn't done the bare minimum to atone for his actions.
26 oct. 2020 à 23 h 17
He can work his way back into society like the rest of us do. He doesn't need or deserve to be on an NHL team.

You completely overlooked the fact he hasn't done the bare minimum to atone for his actions.

More will happen. I'm not sure how old you are or where you are act.... but I can be sure that this is a crap ton of pressure on this kid (or would be on any kid). Pressure moves people to act stupidly. This guy has already done stupid so the last thing he would want to do is act rashly when, with time, a better resolution can come.

I'm not backing his actions, but it's too scripted nowadays to rob people of their entire livelihoods over past errors. People are people, and just because he 'kicked' someone doesn't mean he needs to be killed. There's better ways around things.

Essentially my point is that the pressure and spotlight on him right now means that they are being patient to go about this the right way. Not in a rash and unthoughtful way. There's only one chance to repair it - better make sure it's right. AKA - the atonement is expected, but it shouldn't be immediate. (Sure it should have happened a long time back, but we both don't have all the information)
26 oct. 2020 à 23 h 19
Quoting: papishark

Exactly. Don’t we all argue that people who go to jail deserve the chance to be rehabilitated and work back into society rather than just condemned forever? Obviously it depends on the crime but he was a kid and the court punishment was community service and counseling and diversity training. If he shows in the future that he learned nothing I would write him off, but I still believe that people can change

Yep I agree. If he shows some way or another that he isn't a changed individual, my entire mentality changes.

I'm looking at this from a mentality of "What if I made a mindless decision 10 years ago, how just would it be if I was robbed of my whole lifes work and future now".

To judge people fairly you need to put yourself in the shoes of both people and work towards the middle. There's too many bias and rash decisions in this world. That's why nothing is ever done right.
papishark a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2020 à 23 h 50
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 711
All I'm going to say is: I cannot understand that after having your picks in rounds 1 and 2 taken away for essentially cheating...the same organisation went and drafted a kid with this history. That's a real clear way to alienate your fan base....

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage