Forums/Armchair-GM

Stan commits to a rebuild

Créé par: Wadejos123
Équipe: 2020-21 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 20 oct. 2020
Publié: 20 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Stan Bowman announces today the Blackhawks will commit to "developing young players and rebuilding our roster" "an effort that will require a stockpile of emerging talent to compliment our top players"

HAWKS ARE NOT TRADING TOEWS KANE AND KIETH GET OVER IT

I see them moving on from some vets like Murphy and dehaan. Probably trade Janmark at the TDL, maybe carpenter, Zadorov, and Shaw (depending on health) as well. I wouldn't mind them taking a cap dump or two to add more picks. But the core guys will still be here.

more moves are likely to be made, but they will not involve the core players I guarantee it. Hawks plan to take the LA Kings route. Load up on prospects and come back with another championship window while guys like Toews, Kane, and Kieth take lesser roles. Just like what LA is doing with Turcotte, Vilardi, Byfield, Kupari, and all their other prospects and will give Kopitar and Doughty a lesser role down the line when LA is ready to win again which appears to be comings pretty soon.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 750 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (OTT)
Détails additionnels:
anywhere
CHI
  1. Baertschi, Sven
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (VAN)
Détails additionnels:
top 10 protected
CHI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (BOS)
Détails additionnels:
anywhere at the TDL
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de VAN
Logo de CHI
Logo de BOS
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $64 270 480 $1 090 244 $6 832 500 $17 229 520 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 700 000 $3 700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AD
RFA - 2
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
DD
RFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
G
UFA - 2
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
RFA - 1
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
3 366 666 $3 366 666 $
AG
UFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 oct. 2020 à 14 h 47
Chewbacca88
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 114
I 100% agree with you my dude. The Blackhawks Legends aren't going anywhere, I don't think they really want to at this point. It's gonna be a rough season for sure though, unless Delia or Lankinen take over and get a .910 save percentage or better. The defense should be improved, I think Zadorov and Boqvist could be a really nice pair. LGH
Wadejos123 et SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 14 h 50
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,842
I still don't think he understands what a rebuild is. What Ottawa did after the 2017 playoffs.. That was a rebuild. Everyone was gone. This is looking more and more like a retool.
A_K a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 14 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,789
Quoting: NickC1988
I still don't think he understands what a rebuild is. What Ottawa did after the 2017 playoffs.. That was a rebuild. Everyone was gone. This is looking more and more like a retool.

I agree. The saad trade makes even less sense after this announcement. How can he say we're rebuilding but also trade saad within the division without getting any picks or prospects back and having to retain. Stan definelty doesn't know how to rebuild. I won't argue you there, I'm just saying this is the route I think he's going to go. Really the hawks aren't that far off imo. If we can land Owen Power next offseason to be the future #1 on the left, then the biggest piece remaining is goalie. Other than that we could use another top 6 guy on the wing and maybe Nylander can become that for us, and Reichel will be ready in 2-3 years right when this team will (hopefully) try to compete again. We won't rebuild as fast as the rangers, but I do think rebuilding is the right decision
Hawks_Are_Dumm a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 14 h 57
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
This is pretty much what I gathered from today's announcement. More of trying to save face for letting Crawford and Saad go. They're not gonna move 88 or 19. Might move CDH or Murphy at some point.
Wadejos123 a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 851
That announcement was a disgrace. Hawks and bowman should be ashamed of themselves. Bowman isn’t the guy to guide a rebuild. He doesn’t even know how to build a team from the ground up as is. If the moves thus far are any indication, this team isn’t gonna be relevant for at least another 4-5 years. I just want someone to finally be held responsible for the fiasco of the last three years. But in the end, rocky and co. decide to give stan the slide. It’s just embarrassing. I just want toews and Kane to ask for trades so the organization finally wakes the **** up. This is an original six organization that is essentially making excuses for their mediocrity instead of finding solutions.
20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 18
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,536
It feels like they literally just made this decision today. Why else would they have traded saad without getting any futures back? Why sign a couple veterans this offseason? I think they prematurely let Crawford go to free agency thinking they'd be able to land another starter (murray). Then when that didn't happen they tried to play it off as "they believe in their young goalies".

The smart move would've been to put out this letter when they let crow go. It would've made way more sense and would've made it seem like they actually have a plan. One bad trade and a couple unnecessary signings later and NOW we're rebuilding? What a **** show.
Wadejos123 et NickC1988 a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: HatterTParty
That announcement was a disgrace. Hawks and bowman should be ashamed of themselves. Bowman isn’t the guy to guide a rebuild. He doesn’t even know how to build a team from the ground up as is. If the moves thus far are any indication, this team isn’t gonna be relevant for at least another 4-5 years. I just want someone to finally be held responsible for the fiasco of the last three years. But in the end, rocky and co. decide to give stan the slide. It’s just embarrassing. I just want toews and Kane to ask for trades so the organization finally wakes the **** up. This is an original six organization that is essentially making excuses for their mediocrity instead of finding solutions.

imo we aren't that far off. #1 LD, Goalie, and a top 6 RW is what is missing. Yes those are huge holes to fill, but I think it's reasonable that it could happen In the next 2-3 years.I don't think Stan is the right guy for the rebuild, but he's what we have so I'm going to remain optimistic for now
20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
It feels like they literally just made this decision today. Why else would they have traded saad without getting any futures back? Why sign a couple veterans this offseason? I think they prematurely let Crawford go to free agency thinking they'd be able to land another starter (murray). Then when that didn't happen they tried to play it off as "they believe in their young goalies".

The smart move would've been to put out this letter when they let crow go. It would've made way more sense and would've made it seem like they actually have a plan. One bad trade and a couple unnecessary signings later and NOW we're rebuilding? What a **** show.

I agree, but at least it appears we finally have a direction after 3 years of mediocrity
20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 28
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,536
Quoting: Wadejos123
I agree, but at least it appears we finally have a direction after 3 years of mediocrity

They needed this rebuild since the panarin trade. So I'm glad it's happening. I just don't have too much faith in bowman after his recent trade and signing history.
Wadejos123 a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 34
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 926
Modifié 20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 44
If they are "committing to a rebuild" they should trade Kane and Toews and Keith if someone will take him.

I get that that sucks but like what are you expecting is going to happen? You're going to rebuild and then still try to run it back with those guys in 2-3 years, at best, when they'll all be 33+?

Debrincat, Dach, Kubalik, Boqvist are a great young core to build around. Do that. Forget Kane and Toews as being major parts of this team if you're entering a rebuild now. They are still (very) good now, but the chances they'll be impact players significantly go down every year they play from here on out and they are going to eat up a ton of cap. And if you're rebuilding, they might just walk at the end of their deals. What's their motivation to stay, other than nostalgia?

The time to contend with the big guns was the last three years. The Hawks squandered it. And they still are. They haven't committed to a rebuild, they've committed to being bad enough to get a lottery pick maybe but nothing else- the Florida Panthers route, if you will. If there's takers and they'll move, trade them now and get value. Unless there's just no market for Kane/Toews/Keith (which is possible due to flat cap) or they are blocking a trade (also possible), there's no reason to keep them.

You make the LA comparison, and maybe that's apt, but the Kings' prospect pool is far far ahead of where the Hawks are right now while the Hawks' equivalent of Doughty and Kopitar are already in their early/mid thirties.
20 oct. 2020 à 15 h 43
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Kane and Toews are basically being asked to want a trade.
That's what I got out of this. They want to cut their budget. They don't want to carry those contracts. He's basically telling them, we are going to purposefully suck, you can get out if you want.
20 oct. 2020 à 16 h 49
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,842
Quoting: HatterTParty

Quoting: pharrow
Kane and Toews are basically being asked to want a trade.
That's what I got out of this. They want to cut their budget. They don't want to carry those contracts. He's basically telling them, we are going to purposefully suck, you can get out if you want.

The best part is, this team wasn't THAT BAD. Vegas beat them in 5, but that was expected. With Smith on LTIR, Bowman would have around $8.5M in cap space to bring Crawford back (or could've signed another goalie for a similar price), he could've added a cheaper Saad replacement (Granlund is still available). Instead, he's sitting. This leads me to believe he's looking at Vancouver, Tampa Bay, and Vegas to see what they're trying to do about their cap situation. If he can pry a young RFA out of Tampa, somehow get Alex Tuch out of Vegas, or maybe Jake Virtanen, this team gets younger and deeper (Like he stated in his interview).
21 oct. 2020 à 11 h 17
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: NickC1988
The best part is, this team wasn't THAT BAD. Vegas beat them in 5, but that was expected. With Smith on LTIR, Bowman would have around $8.5M in cap space to bring Crawford back (or could've signed another goalie for a similar price), he could've added a cheaper Saad replacement (Granlund is still available). Instead, he's sitting. This leads me to believe he's looking at Vancouver, Tampa Bay, and Vegas to see what they're trying to do about their cap situation. If he can pry a young RFA out of Tampa, somehow get Alex Tuch out of Vegas, or maybe Jake Virtanen, this team gets younger and deeper (Like he stated in his interview).

yeah VGK cap situation isn't that bad. TB we'll see about their mess.
As far as them not being "THAT BAD" what were you watching. They finished last in their division last year.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage