Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs 2021 as is with Mik and Dermott

Créé par: rockybaker
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 20 oct. 2020
Publié: 20 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
With the recent signings, the Leafs have many options in all positions. Dubas has recently talked about having both Mikheyev and Dermott on the roster and keeping it under the cap by running a short bench and sending guys down instead of having scratched players on the main roster.
All this considered, I can't see the nely acquired NHL veterans being sent down so this is what the opening night lineup will look like in my opinion. Notable exemptions include Rasmus Sandin, Nick Robertson, Mikko Lehtonen and Timothy Liljegren.

What do you guys generally think of this lineup? Who would you have in/out instead?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 700 000 $
11 800 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $81 280 616 $0 $0 $219 384 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 oct. 2020 à 12 h 0
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Dubas’s plan doesn’t involve overpaying rfa’s and not carrying any healthy scratches.
20 oct. 2020 à 12 h 2
Formerly Jamiepo
Another thing to keep in mind is a condensed schedule would lead to higher daily cap hits. Rendering the leafs normal operation of moving players up and down less effective in managing cap.
20 oct. 2020 à 12 h 4
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
Modifié 20 oct. 2020 à 12 h 10
Vets cant be sent down, (well they can, but cant come back (waivers) ) and there isn't any youth nearly as good as they are.

Its a pretty thin lineup that has no cap space for even a 1 game injury. Its also a much older lineup, even before the Thornton signing. Less speed. and I have no idea who plays PK. Truly, its almost historical that you have some 3rd/4th liners who play PK, but in this lineup? Kerfoot, Mikheyev, Engvall? I don't see 2 way players on those 3rd/4th lines. This is a thin, older lineup designed to exhaust itself long before the playoffs. With Spezza, Thornton and Simmonds its almost guaranteed they wont play an entire season, even shortened.

All of which leads to the fact that another move has to be made.

Ive seen a lot of these 18 skater lineups for the Leafs, (because its the only way they stay under cap), and its just so unrealistic. There are rules that just don't allow you to carry players that don't count against the cap
20 oct. 2020 à 13 h 29
Démarrer sujet
rockybaker
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Quoting: Hammerwise
Vets cant be sent down, (well they can, but cant come back (waivers) ) and there isn't any youth nearly as good as they are.

Its a pretty thin lineup that has no cap space for even a 1 game injury. Its also a much older lineup, even before the Thornton signing. Less speed. and I have no idea who plays PK. Truly, its almost historical that you have some 3rd/4th liners who play PK, but in this lineup? Kerfoot, Mikheyev, Engvall? I don't see 2 way players on those 3rd/4th lines. This is a thin, older lineup designed to exhaust itself long before the playoffs. With Spezza, Thornton and Simmonds its almost guaranteed they wont play an entire season, even shortened.

All of which leads to the fact that another move has to be made.

Ive seen a lot of these 18 skater lineups for the Leafs, (because its the only way they stay under cap), and its just so unrealistic. There are rules that just don't allow you to carry players that don't count against the cap

Dubas himself said he has no problem carrying a 20 player roster if need be. And it's not that they would carry players without them counting against the cap, it's that sending players up and down is much easier when your AHL affiliate (Marlies) play in the same city. As long as the transaction is made before the pre-game roster reports are given in, the player can make it to the game, no flights needed.

The waiver wire is also why I kept all the vets in the official lineup while sending down the kids. The kids can go up and down without issue.

As for making other moves, I'm only basing myself on what Dubas himself said about the roster. He said Mik and Dermott would be signed and then that's pretty much it, no more transactions. Weather you say they need to make other moves or not really doesn't matter when the actual GM of the team said otherwise.
20 oct. 2020 à 13 h 32
Démarrer sujet
rockybaker
Quoting: Jamiepo
Dubas’s plan doesn’t involve overpaying rfa’s and not carrying any healthy scratches.

As "overpayment" are you refering to my pretend numbers for Dermott and Mikheyev? Mik has an arbitration meeting tomorow....Dubas isn't picking his cap hit. Team offered 1 while player countered with 2.7. Arbitration result will meet half-way as it usually does.

Dermott's closest comparison is Holl who signed for 2x3 last year.
20 oct. 2020 à 13 h 46
Démarrer sujet
rockybaker

Kyle Dubas in an interview with the Toronto Star:

On the weekend, Leafs GM Kyle Dubas said he was confident the Mikheyev arbitration would work out favourably.
“Whether we have to go with a 20 men on the roster to start (instead of 23), or sending guys down to play for the Marlies rather than sitting out for us … it doesn’t appear that we’ll need to move anybody else out,” Dubas said on a conference call. “We’ve got the arbitration case with Mikheyev on Wednesday and then subsequently we’ll get Travis’s situation rectified and taken care of. But, at this point, we don’t anticipate having to move anybody out.”
20 oct. 2020 à 14 h 23
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: rockybaker
Kyle Dubas in an interview with the Toronto Star:

On the weekend, Leafs GM Kyle Dubas said he was confident the Mikheyev arbitration would work out favourably.
“Whether we have to go with a 20 men on the roster to start (instead of 23), or sending guys down to play for the Marlies rather than sitting out for us … it doesn’t appear that we’ll need to move anybody else out,” Dubas said on a conference call. “We’ve got the arbitration case with Mikheyev on Wednesday and then subsequently we’ll get Travis’s situation rectified and taken care of. But, at this point, we don’t anticipate having to move anybody out.”

I don’t see anywhere in there him saying yeah we are going to give Dermott more than Mikheyev.... even though he has no arb rights or leverage.
20 oct. 2020 à 20 h 31
Démarrer sujet
rockybaker
I don’t see anywhere in there him saying yeah we are going to give Dermott more than Mikheyev.... even though he has no arb rights or leverage.

You’re completely missing the point here. The point is both will be signed and included in the roster. The roster is what it is regardless of the cents involved.

Also ironic that you said my estimate of Mik salary is an overpayment and only hours after he signed for almost exactly what I said he would.
20 oct. 2020 à 20 h 56
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: rockybaker
You’re completely missing the point here. The point is both will be signed and included in the roster. The roster is what it is regardless of the cents involved.

Also ironic that you said my estimate of Mik salary is an overpayment and only hours after he signed for almost exactly what I said he would.

I was actually pointing toward Dermott, but pretty good call on Mikheyev. I fuligured he would come in around 1.5m +/-

My point is that dubas would like the option to run the roster he wants. And most likely have a spare.
rockybaker a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage