SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Doc Emrick

Is Doc Emrick the greatest play-by-play commentator of all time?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

19 oct. 2020 à 13 h 17
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I think he is. What else can be said?
19 oct. 2020 à 15 h 58
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
All I can say is that he’s slightly better than other people that work for NBC. Although that isn’t saying much.

IDK, maybe he means more to Americans because they hear him a lot, but all I think of is him being pretty annoying in NHL 18. It’s probably part of the fact that I associate him with either a video game or a bad broadcast that I only watch if I absolutely need to (NBC) whereas I associate someone like Bob Cole with watching meaningful games on HNIC and a lot of great memories for myself.
rangersandislesfan et Remus a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 3 h 30
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
He's a Devils legend. I grew up listening to him and Chico. Personally, I preferred John Forslund the last couple seasons. But, Doc will always be my favorite.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 10 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
All I can say is that he’s slightly better than other people that work for NBC. Although that isn’t saying much.

IDK, maybe he means more to Americans because they hear him a lot, but all I think of is him being pretty annoying in NHL 18. It’s probably part of the fact that I associate him with either a video game or a bad broadcast that I only watch if I absolutely need to (NBC) whereas I associate someone like Bob Cole with watching meaningful games on HNIC and a lot of great memories for myself.

I don't play the NHL video game, but I have seen Youtube clips of it, and he's pretty annoying in the game lol ... I think if the GOAT is anyone other than Doc, it's Bob Cole, although I'd still say probably Doc. I'm Canadian, too, but I've still heard his voice so many times in my life.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 11 h 27
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
I find that a lot of people that are critical of broadcasters don't truly understand how hard it is to do that job. Doc is a legend. His voice and inflection might bother some people, but his preparation, attention to detail, vocabulary, professionalism, etc. are untouchable. Definitely one of my favorites. Plus, when he is talking that means Eddie and Pierre are quiet, and that's a huge W.
Kotkaniemi15, hanson493, Rangsey and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 16 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: A_K
I find that a lot of people that are critical of broadcasters don't truly understand how hard it is to do that job. Doc is a legend. His voice and inflection might bother some people, but his preparation, attention to detail, vocabulary, professionalism, etc. are untouchable. Definitely one of my favorites. Plus, when he is talking that means Eddie and Pierre are quiet, and that's a huge W.

I know you're just making a joke, but Pierre McGuire is actually a good commentator IMO. Yes, he says some weird things sometimes, but he's usually pretty good.
20 oct. 2020 à 17 h 28
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I know you're just making a joke, but Pierre McGuire is actually a good commentator IMO. Yes, he says some weird things sometimes, but he's usually pretty good.

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you. I can't stand Pierre. He never seems to have a feel for the momentum and key plays; too busy injecting random facts. He gets obsessed with a certain player or play and won't let it go. Talking about an amazing blocked shot when the same guy turned the puck over 10 seconds before that - stuff like that. Plus he is such a dweeb any time there has been a female broadcaster on the call with him. Not my cup of tea.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2020 à 22 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: A_K
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you. I can't stand Pierre. He never seems to have a feel for the momentum and key plays; too busy injecting random facts. He gets obsessed with a certain player or play and won't let it go. Talking about an amazing blocked shot when the same guy turned the puck over 10 seconds before that - stuff like that. Plus he is such a dweeb any time there has been a female broadcaster on the call with him. Not my cup of tea.

I can totally understand your arguments. But I think he makes lots of great observations and knows the game very well. I totally understand why some people don't like him. I think we agree to disagree.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage