Publié: 19 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Protections

F: couture meier labanc hertl donato kellman kane
D: simek vlasic karlsson
G: jones

Burns selected by SEA.

The Hamonic signing allows for Travis to play on a west-coast team for a year in a prove-it deal to have a good season under his belt and prove he's worth 3-4mil for a team like VAN/SEA/EDM/CLG next year. It allows for a very, very good addition to the Sharks to solidify their bottom-pairing and overall d-corps and along with Armia and Handemark, bring in three impactful depth guys to give the locker-room some Ward/Martin/Donskoi-esque confidence for a cup run similar to 2016's bounceback after 2015.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 000 000 $
Transactions
SJS
  1. Armia, Joel
Détails additionnels:
If MTL is unable to move out both Weal and Byron, which is a fair possibility, the team won't have the luxury of having Armia on the 4th line. It would be a great luxury to have him there, but this deal has Gamby, a former 2nd round pick, having a fresh start in MTL and very much able to fill in for Armia's place on the 4th line as a hungry young big-bodied guy with skill looking to find a spot in the NHL. Plus a 3rd rounder for an expiring contract, one who is all but guaranteed to walk away for nothing at season's end.

If there aren't takers for Weal and Byron, MTL would be wise to have an able guy in Gambrell take Armia's place on the 4th line especially since both guys have very similar skillsets, but Gamby is younger, more cost-effective, and is retained by MTL, and to also get back a 3rd rounder. Surely this is a better scenario than attaching a 3rd rounder as a sweetener for OTT/DET to take on Byron and another one for Kulak/Weal -- not necessarily only because of their value and/or contracts, but also because of the extremely tight budgets both in limited salary financially and in cap space for teams in this season.
MTL
  1. Gambrell, Dylan
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (SJS)
Détails additionnels:
Jumbo leaving and the message with which he leaves at -- "I want to win a stanley cup" -- surely stings for SJ, especially in a context where Wilson has disagreed and delusionally thinks his roster is still cup-competitive . The locker-room needs a decent reinforcement or shake-up before the season if they're going to go in it with any confidence about themselves.

Armia is a big-bodied guy with skill who desperately fills a RW-need for SJ and together can form a too-sweet all-Swede 3rd like with Sorensen and Kellman/Handemark. Sharks have the cap-space to fill him in on an expiring contract, and have a good chance to re-sign him with good play during the season. The price is worth paying here as Gamby hasn't fit in and can use a change of scenery and for the Sharks who need their 1st and 2nd rounders for top-end talent, parting with Gamby plus a 3rd -- as this is Armia's market value -- is easier to part with than a 2nd alone.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $74 264 167 $0 $345 000 $7 235 833 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 7
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 6
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 166 667 $2 166 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 15
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,241
Not to knit pick but Armia is from Finnland not Sweden. Also Armia will likely be on the 3rd line with Tatar and Danault or Kotkaniemi as the center. Most likely lineup is

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Taffoli-Danault/Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault/Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

I just don't see Montreal making that deal.
Jexus et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 19
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 730
Quoting: Campabee
Not to knit pick but Armia is from Finnland not Sweden. Also Armia will likely be on the 3rd line with Tatar and Danault or Kotkaniemi as the center. Most likely lineup is

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Not nitpicking at all -- totally slipped my mind, thanks for reminding me. The blond hair thing just had me thinking yellow Sweden making this.

I see Toffoli on the 3rd line in his natural RW and Lehkonen on the 3rd on his natural LW. This puts Gambrell (or Armia if MTL keep him) on the 4th.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 24
Quoting: CheechYou
Not nitpicking at all -- totally slipped my mind, thanks for reminding me. The blond hair thing just had me thinking yellow Sweden making this.

I see Toffoli on the 3rd line in his natural RW and Lehkonen on the 3rd on his natural LW. This puts Gambrell (or Armia if MTL keep him) on the 4th.

Lehkonen is out of place on the 3rd line he isn't enough of an offensive threat. And since he and Taffoli are both capable of playing the off wing it makes more sense to run the lineup above.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 26
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 108

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

I don’t see this happening but it would be a solid lineup, not cup worthy but playoff worthy
CheechYou a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 26
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Even if you send a 2nd round pick with Gambrell vs Armia
MTL would still decline
We don’t want a downgrade for once we have depth
Campabee et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 30
Quoting: Revans292
I don’t see this happening but it would be a solid lineup, not cup worthy but playoff worthy

They could "luck" into the cup like MB plans but most likely it is a 3rd round exit type of lineup. But Gambrell doesn't strengthen our lineup to push us over the top therefore this trade likely doesn't happen.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 40
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Quoting: GMs
Even if you send a 2nd round pick with Gambrell vs Armia
MTL would still decline
We don’t want a downgrade for once we have depth

If you read the trade description, you'd at least address my points.

Honestly Byron and Kulak aren't throwaways. It'd be a shame to have to get rid of them for nothing on waivers let alone by attaching a sweetener to them (since we know MTL could get Tyler Johnson'ed and a team won't pick them up). Here at least MTL's recuperating assets instead of shelling them out.

If a team is shelling out assets and getting rid of good players to sign a Cirelli/Sergachev, that makes all the sense in the world. But Armia's no where in that ball-park, and he's older and on an expiring unrestricted deal anyways with zero chance of resigning with the team. Also, Gamby on the 4th instead of Armia doesn't change the dynamics of MTL's lineup as much as you're making it out to be, given Gamby's upside (and fire and skill to keep a spot in the NHL -- he's primed for to be a very good 4th line player) and limited ice-time to 4th lines anyways. There are just simple facts of salary-cap and business and asset-management you're ignoring because I get it, luxury's nice. But there's a very good chance MTL won't have it in this economy and something will have to give.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 108
They could "luck" into the cup like MB plans but most likely it is a 3rd round exit type of lineup. But Gambrell doesn't strengthen our lineup to push us over the top therefore this trade likely doesn't happen.

You can’t look at This trade as a “get you over the hump” trade, it’s more a “do right for the player while bringing in a guy who can fill a purpose” style trade. It seems dumb but if players know your GM will take care of you and if he can’t he will find somewhere you can succeed, it is smart for morale and give players more comfort going to a club ( the sharks did this exact thing when we traded Nieto to Colorado and now he’s back at a great cost for us cause of the good will from Wilson)
CheechYou et bunnymcfoo a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 43
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Quoting: Revans292
You can’t look at This trade as a “get you over the hump” trade, it’s more a “do right for the player while bringing in a guy who can fill a purpose” style trade. It seems dumb but if players know your GM will take care of you and if he can’t he will find somewhere you can succeed, it is smart for morale and give players more comfort going to a club ( the sharks did this exact thing when we traded Nieto to Colorado and now he’s back at a great cost for us cause of the good will from Wilson)

Wonderful point. Armia deserves that much and this is another real aspect of the situation.
Revans292 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 46
Huge Habs Fan
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12

Sorry, gotta keep the danault/tatar/gally line together. Put toffoli on his off wing and slot armia on the right of kotkaniemi. Danault is your obvious #2 center, and elk shouldn’t get anywhere near that 3rd line if the hans have any chance of going far. You need that depth to show, and the only way to do that is slot your top 9 in the top 9.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 49
hawkman
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 112

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

You got something right !!!! ARMIA is Finnish
CheechYou a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 50
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Quoting: Nagster
Sorry, gotta keep the danault/tatar/gally line together. Put toffoli on his off wing and slot armia on the right of kotkaniemi. Danault is your obvious #2 center, and elk shouldn’t get anywhere near that 3rd line if the hans have any chance of going far. You need that depth to show, and the only way to do that is slot your top 9 in the top 9.

I hear you, that's also what I had in mind though. This is what I was saying:

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli
Byron-Evans-Gambrell/Armia
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 51
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Quoting: babouie
You got something right !!!! ARMIA is Finnish

I feel awful now that's a bad mistake lol... I knew this too, for some reason the idea of an all-Swede 3rd line overtook my rational side.

"Never mistake a wish for a fact." -- the dowager countess
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 54
hawkman
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 112

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

TOFFOLI is a better offensive player then people think . Bergevin getting him at that price was steal . I see him playing 2nd line
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 56
Démarrer sujet
train, train
TOFFOLI is a better offensive player then people think . Bergevin getting him at that price was steal . I see him playing 2nd line

Lol trust me... I spent the last few months on this site pining for DW to get Toffoli for SJ's top-6... MTL's really fortunate to get him at that price indeed.
FunMustBeAlways et Revans292 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 57
Huge Habs Fan

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

All I'm trying to say is that you're treating armia like a fourth line player, which he definitely is not. Even if he's only worth a second, he is very important to the habs depth, and unless they get someone back that can be that 3rd line rw or lw, they aren't going to be moving him.
bunnymcfoo a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 1 h 59
Huge Habs Fan

Which second line? In my opinion they have three, which are all competing for that first line designation. Would be surprised to see a bid difference in ice time for gally/anderson/armia, because I think their lines will be played at about the same rate
19 oct. 2020 à 2 h 6
oh how i suffer
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 332
I don't think DW is delusional, I just think he knows damn well that coming out and saying "Hey, this season is a goddamn wash, we might be good again in 2 years" isn't going to go over well with a fanbase as spoiled as ours.
Jexus a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 2 h 24
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Quoting: bunnymcfoo
I don't think DW is delusional, I just think he knows damn well that coming out and saying "Hey, this season is a goddamn wash, we might be good again in 2 years" isn't going to go over well with a fanbase as spoiled as ours.

I get it, it's part of PR, he can't say the truth. Thing is, I wish he'd move out some pieces if a rebuild's where things are it for him. Commit one way or another! Trade out Kane/Couture for valuable assets while you can. Do everything you can to move out Burns. Maybe even Meier for Norris+Tierney per @Revans292's recent post! But if the idea is that we still have a decent roster, make some moves!
19 oct. 2020 à 2 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 576

A big issue at camp last year was there was no competition. Doug wants to see the players locked in from day one. In fact many players cited a bad camp as a reason for the bad year (logan, jones and Labanc). Jumbo carries a laid back “let it go” personality and I think the Sharks took it too seriously. I am pleased that he is no longer a shark. We now have proper competition for 3C and a top six position which Donato will likely win but who knows, Chmelevski or Blichfeld could take those spots. I dont think the season is as doom and gloom as many think it will be.
Revans292 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 2 h 52
oh how i suffer
Modifié 19 oct. 2020 à 3 h 7
Quoting: Jexus
A big issue at camp last year was there was no competition. Doug wants to see the players locked in from day one. In fact many players cited a bad camp as a reason for the bad year (logan, jones and Labanc). Jumbo carries a laid back “let it go” personality and I think the Sharks took it too seriously. I am pleased that he is no longer a shark. We now have proper competition for 3C and a top six position which Donato will likely win but who knows, Chmelevski or Blichfeld could take those spots. I dont think the season is as doom and gloom as many think it will be.

You do realize that part of the reason we had a "bad camp" is because we have a bad prospect pool, right? I have watched a lot of Barracuda games over the last few years and that cupboard is all but bare. You or Cooch or Jones or Bancer can say there was no competition at camp, but that's going to happen when all you have competing is a handful of players who are still developing or who are, at best, middle six prospects.

And I say this with all the love in my heart for my terrible baby Sharks - I live a 3 hour drive away from San Jose and still managed to make it to 15 Barracuda games last year, I own a jersey, there's a Barracuda sticker on my car to go along with my Sharks one, etc etc - but when you trade away most of your high picks, trade away the precious few first round players you did draft, whiff on the vast majority of your picks overall, and don't really invest in your pipeline, well, you get the worst team in the AHL with the worst attendance in the AHL and you don't get a whole lot of competition for open spots on your NHL roster. There are some bright spots - I like Chmelevski and he came on nicely towards the end of the season. I like True and think he could compete for a spot this year. I think Blichfeld has great hair and could still be a successful NHL player. We picked up some kids in the offseason who I'm looking forward to seeing play - provided we even have an AHL season this year! - and I'm hopeful that we might actually have a goalie prospect worth getting excited about, but overall I think that we still are likely to be treading water wrt prospects for another season or two.

And LOLOLOL at the idea that Jumbo has a "laid back let it go personality". That man has a sense of humor, sure, but I have never heard a single coach, teammate, or rival say anything other than that he's a consummate professional with a work ethic that won't quit, a massive competitive drive, and and endless love for the game. We are, without question, a poorer team and organization with him gone, and while you may not think the season is doom and gloom, no offense, but I'm going to take the opinion of one of the most respected hockey players active in the NHL over yours. If Jumbo thought we had even the slightest chance of competing for a cup he wouldn't be putting on a blue jersey this year.
19 oct. 2020 à 3 h 6
oh how i suffer
I get it, it's part of PR, he can't say the truth. Thing is, I wish he'd move out some pieces if a rebuild's where things are it for him. Commit one way or another! Trade out Kane/Couture for valuable assets while you can. Do everything you can to move out Burns. Maybe even Meier for Norris+Tierney per @Revans292's recent post! But if the idea is that we still have a decent roster, make some moves!

As much as I would love to see Burns move I genuinely think that the only way that's happening is if Seattle takes him in the draft (I think this is pretty unlikely) or if we bribe another team to take him with some first round picks - and that would be a very bad move if we're trying to rebuild on the fly. I'd be fine seeing Couture move - I don't think he's a terribly effective captain and we could probably get a decent return for him - but I think that Doug has hamstrung himself really badly with that 3 team trade list he loooooooves giving out (I am tentatively hopeful that he may have knocked that the **** off given that Labanc has no clauses on the 4th year of his new contract, but time will tell on that.) I would be pissed if we moved Kane - I love his play and think he's likely to become an invaluable piece of the Sharks leadership core in the next few seasons.

I suspect we'll see more aggressive moves on getting picks next year in the off season unless we manage to pick, like, top 3 and get a potential difference maker in the 2021 draft, Seattle takes some of our dead wood, Melnichuk and Merkley both develop as hoped in the next year, and Labanc plays up to his new contract.
19 oct. 2020 à 3 h 17
You do realize that part of the reason we had a "bad camp" is because we have a bad prospect pool, right? I have watched a lot of Barracuda games over the last few years and that cupboard is all but bare. You or Cooch or Jones or Bancer can say there was no competition at camp, but that's going to happen when all you have competing is a handful of players who are still developing or who are, at best, middle six prospects.

And I say this with all the love in my heart for my terrible baby Sharks - I live a 3 hour drive away from San Jose and still managed to make it to 15 Barracuda games last year, I own a jersey, there's a Barracuda sticker on my car to go along with my Sharks one, etc etc - but when you trade away most of your high picks, trade away the precious few first round players you did draft, whiff on the vast majority of your picks overall, and don't really invest in your pipeline, well, you get the worst team in the AHL with the worst attendance in the AHL and you don't get a whole lot of competition for open spots on your NHL roster. There are some bright spots - I like Chmelevski and he came on nicely towards the end of the season. I like True and think he could compete for a spot this year. I think Blichfeld has great hair and could still be a successful NHL player. We picked up some kids in the offseason who I'm looking forward to seeing play - provided we even have an AHL season this year! - and I'm hopeful that we might actually have a goalie prospect worth getting excited about, but overall I think that we still are likely to be treading water wrt prospects for another season or two.

And LOLOLOL at the idea that Jumbo has a "laid back let it go personality". That man has a sense of humor, sure, but I have never heard a single coach, teammate, or rival say anything other than that he's a consummate professional with a work ethic that won't quit, a massive competitive drive, and and endless love for the game. We are, without question, a poorer team and organization with him gone, and while you may not think the season is doom and gloom, no offense, but I'm going to take the opinion of one of the most respected hockey players active in the NHL over yours. If Jumbo thought we had even the slightest chance of competing for a cup he wouldn't be putting on a blue jersey this year.

Why are you even a sharks fan..? You sound like a 7year old who just dropped all your sweets. My god, grow up before you get on the internet “LOLOLOL” who does that if not a small whingeing child?
19 oct. 2020 à 3 h 17
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
If you read the trade description, you'd at least address my points.

Honestly Byron and Kulak aren't throwaways. It'd be a shame to have to get rid of them for nothing on waivers let alone by attaching a sweetener to them (since we know MTL could get Tyler Johnson'ed and a team won't pick them up). Here at least MTL's recuperating assets instead of shelling them out.

If a team is shelling out assets and getting rid of good players to sign a Cirelli/Sergachev, that makes all the sense in the world. But Armia's no where in that ball-park, and he's older and on an expiring unrestricted deal anyways with zero chance of resigning with the team. Also, Gamby on the 4th instead of Armia doesn't change the dynamics of MTL's lineup as much as you're making it out to be, given Gamby's upside (and fire and skill to keep a spot in the NHL -- he's primed for to be a very good 4th line player) and limited ice-time to 4th lines anyways. There are just simple facts of salary-cap and business and asset-management you're ignoring because I get it, luxury's nice. But there's a very good chance MTL won't have it in this economy and something will have to give.

My bad I didn’t read your description but you know if MTL bury Weal in the minors and keep a 22 man roster they are under the cap. So we don’t need to trade someone. I rather have Armia 1 year and lose I’m for nothing next summer than trading him this offseason for a downgrade and a pick
jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 3 h 18

Drouin-Suzuki-anderson
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Its not a fair trade for the Habs. Gambrell is barely an NHLer and really shouldnt be anywhere near nhl ice.
bunnymcfoo a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage