SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Brendan Gallagher (6 Years / $6,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

14 oct. 2020 à 21 h 10
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,578
Quoting: jpsnow13
Hey, silly question:

Why is your username green?

I also seen red around.

What makes you so freakin special? wink

Not a silly question! Green usernames are mods. Red ones are the Capfriendly founders smile
HabsForEver, habitantlecolon, jpsnow13 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 21 h 13
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,372
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

is he also 1st in 3rd pass on a play?? ( I heard that last year on the radio)
habrye a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 21 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: rollie1967
Hes only broken the 50 pt. plateau twice- and wasnt on pace to break it this year- even if the team had played 82 games...he missed some.
He's a leader on the team- and thats worth something- but the Habs are spending like drunken sailors. At 6.5mil...i think they will regret the last two years of the deal- at the minimum.

He broke the 50 point plateau in the past 2 seasons and that was on a non-playoff team (bottom 10 both seasons). Based on an 82 game season and his PPG average, he would've put up 59.76 points so he would've broken it. Obviously he was injured, but he was putting up amongst the best advanced stats in the league while he was playing so who cares.

He's 28 so you're probably right, but I think MB wants to win now and it's time.
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 22 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Quoting: HabsForEver
He's put up over 50 points for the past 3 years and was on pace to crush that this season. He's more than a 50 point guy.

My bad, I meant to say “at best” he’s a 65 point guy and is a realistically around a 50 point guy. I must have gotten distracted while typing and missed over 90% of it. Sorry for the confusion
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 22 h 38
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
Why on earth would we want Seattle to take him for nothing? No thanks

Because other players might be more important to keep next year and Seattle would want to add a good forward in his prime.
14 oct. 2020 à 22 h 39
habs_fan
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 690
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Bergevin is one of the weirdest gm. You opinion of him constantly changes from fire him to he’s doing a great job

Bergevin is one of the weirdest gm. You opinion of him constantly changes from fire him to he’s doing a great job

If I’m being honest I wanted bergy home after the kk draft/domi trade

Since then I’ve had complete trust in him I don’t love every move he’s made but I have faith in what he does
14 oct. 2020 à 22 h 54
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Because other players might be more important to keep next year and Seattle would want to add a good forward in his prime.

Who is more important to keep? Armia? Lehkonen? Nobody.
14 oct. 2020 à 23 h 19
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Quoting: toque
Not a silly question! Green usernames are mods. Red ones are the Capfriendly founders smile

Cool. Nice to meet you guys.

BTW, if you talk to the founders (I think @Banks is one), tell them that story:

June 2018, I just started dating my wife for a couple months. Excited about the July 1st frenzy, I start getting more involved in AGMs. I would usually start building one on my phone, relaxing in bed just before sleep.

But you know, on occasions I would get caught in it for a couple hours, analysing other teams structures, looking at stats of players I dont know much, etc, to make an original trade that would hold up...

My GF would sometimes be waken up by the screen light of my phone and ask me wtf I was doing. I would just close my phone quick and, a bit ashamed of how late it was, answer "nothing" and go to sleep right away.

Intrigued by that weird behavior of mine, she started peeking at my screen and always saw that "... Friendly" website logo in the corner. So she got suspicious I was on a dating site, talking to other women late at night and hidding it from her!

She's smart, so she figured out by herself pretty fast it was a hockey site. She confessed her paranoia and since then we joke about how this site is my mistress.

Love you guys wink
NLidstrom, oneX, habitantlecolon and 6 others a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 6 h 12
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Over 80% of us believe this is a good signing. Only about 41% thought Kreider's contract was a good signing. That makes sense considering Gallagher has been a better goal scorer over the last 3 seasons. Gallagher has scored 86G while Kreider has scored only 68G. Kreider has played on an elite PP unit and oftentimes with an elite #1C in Zibanejad. Gallagher has played on a bad PP and has never played with a true #1C. This is an A+ signing, imo.
HabsForEver, Kotkaniemi15, ColonelX and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 8 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 82
Quoting: moli92
I hope Sakic uses this as a comparable for Landeskog

yeah the only issue with this is Gallager only cracked 50 pts twice Landeskog only had 1 full season under 50 pts, so in my opinion i think he will get closer to 7.5 mor like nylander.
15 oct. 2020 à 9 h 15
Go Avs Go
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 72
Quoting: moli92
I hope Sakic uses this as a comparable for Landeskog

I think he ends up about 7-7.5
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 9 h 22
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
The question is who is going to be playing center for the Canadiens. Two very young kids and a 3rd line center... such an important position for a team.
15 oct. 2020 à 10 h 41
Buljujarvi
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,552

June 2018, I just started dating my wife for a couple months. Excited about the July 1st frenzy, I start getting more involved in AGMs. I would usually start building one on my phone, relaxing in bed just before sleep.

But you know, on occasions I would get caught in it for a couple hours, analysing other teams structures, looking at stats of players I dont know much, etc, to make an original trade that would hold up...

My GF would sometimes be waken up by the screen light of my phone and ask me wtf I was doing. I would just close my phone quick and, a bit ashamed of how late it was, answer "nothing" and go to sleep right away.

Intrigued by that weird behavior of mine, she started peeking at my screen and always saw that "... Friendly" website logo in the corner. So she got suspicious I was on a dating site, talking to other women late at night and hidding it from her!

She's smart, so she figured out by herself pretty fast it was a hockey site. She confessed her paranoia and since then we joke about how this site is my mistress.

Love you guys wink

That’s hilarious
15 oct. 2020 à 14 h 24
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,372
Quoting: weirfanno1
The question is who is going to be playing center for the Canadiens. Two very young kids and a 3rd line center... such an important position for a team.

The third line center is actually a selke nominee and a top 2 center in 24 teams ... so you betta go home and sleep cuz you fuzz for nuts
habrye a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 14 h 27
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,914

Love you guys wink

😂😂 I love it!

Thanks for the story I shared it with the CF team
jpsnow13, toque, Stones6160 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 15 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830
He's put up over 50 points for the past 3 years and was on pace to crush that this season. He's more than a 50 point guy.

His career average is around 40 points.
His career high is 54 points.
He's not more than a 50 point guy.
He will start to digress soon.
Sorry
15 oct. 2020 à 15 h 17
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Quoting: drewjenkins
Sorry

Party pooper never stop to party poop...
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 15 h 20
habrye@hotmail.com
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Sorry

His career numbers are 0.61 pts/game and that's 50 pts, not 40 (Averages about 26 goals a season too). So your knowledge on the situation is not looking good with your exaggeration skills. The last 3 years are solid production and that won't change for a player like Gallagher who is a fitness freak! He's not lazy like Gomez.

Age 28-34 is solid value. You are really talking about Gallagher from 35+ but he's not sign for those years. Nice try. Sorry don't make up for your ignorance bud
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 22 h 3
Quoting: habrye
His career numbers are 0.61 pts/game and that's 50 pts, not 40 (Averages about 26 goals a season too). So your knowledge on the situation is not looking good with your exaggeration skills. The last 3 years are solid production and that won't change for a player like Gallagher who is a fitness freak! He's not lazy like Gomez.

Age 28-34 is solid value. You are really talking about Gallagher from 35+ but he's not sign for those years. Nice try. Sorry don't make up for your ignorance bud

Which one did I say?

1. "His career average is around 40 points"
2. "His career average is around 40 points per 82 games"

Everything you criticize after that becomes irrelevant since you picked the wrong statement.

And by the way my man:

95% of NHL players massively regress way before they turn 35.
Especially grinders and physical forwards. Don't believe me?

Age last season:

31 - Milan Lucic
32 - Brandon Dubinsky
32 - Nick Foligno
31 - Pat Maroon
31 - Jordan Stall
27 - Ryan Johansen
27 - Mike Ferland
31 - Kyle Okposo
32 - Bobby Ryan
34 - Corey Perry
31 - Wayne Simmonds
34 - David Clarkson
34 - Loui Eriksson
34 - Mike Richards
30 - Jamie Benn
29 - Marcus Johanson
27 - Nick Bjugstad
33 - Troy Brouwer
32 - James Neal
35 - Ryan Kesler
35 - Rick Nash

Any still in their prime form?
16 oct. 2020 à 9 h 49
habrye@hotmail.com
Modifié 16 oct. 2020 à 9 h 54
Which one did I say?

1. "His career average is around 40 points"
2. "His career average is around 40 points per 82 games"

Everything you criticize after that becomes irrelevant since you picked the wrong statement.

And by the way my man:

95% of NHL players massively regress way before they turn 35.
Especially grinders and physical forwards. Don't believe me?

Age last season:

31 - Milan Lucic
32 - Brandon Dubinsky
32 - Nick Foligno
31 - Pat Maroon
31 - Jordan Stall
27 - Ryan Johansen
27 - Mike Ferland
31 - Kyle Okposo
32 - Bobby Ryan
34 - Corey Perry
31 - Wayne Simmonds
34 - David Clarkson
34 - Loui Eriksson
34 - Mike Richards
30 - Jamie Benn
29 - Marcus Johanson
27 - Nick Bjugstad
33 - Troy Brouwer
32 - James Neal
35 - Ryan Kesler
35 - Rick Nash

Any still in their prime form?

You are cherry picking. Some decline faster than others but most top 6 talent have solid years from 29-34. The ones not committed to staying in tip top shape are the ones who fall faster than others. Gallagher is a fitness freak. You are way to negative on this. In fact, there are more players who maintain their level of play from 30-35 vs the ones who drop fast like Gomez types. And each players situation is different. You are trying to create a linear approach which is flawed!

Every team needs key vets from 30-35. I think many overlook that. Leafs and Oilers need pieces like this.

40 pts player BS!!!!!! I called you out on it and you have two choices. Admit you were wrong or keep arguing against something that is fact! You provided another BS opinion... 95%? Where did you pull that number from? Exaggeration don't help your case bud! I think you need to spend more than 5 min of research but you won't! You are stuck on a flawed stance and continue on. Same BS Habs fans were saying about Weber since we acquired him and no... he's not in massive decline! Keep trying! Randomly naming 20 guys don't prove anything.
HabsForEver et Stones6160 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2020 à 12 h 13
Modifié 16 oct. 2020 à 12 h 18
40 pts player BS!!!!!! I called you out on it and you have two choices.
Admit you were wrong or keep arguing against something that is fact!
You provided another BS opinion! Where did you pull that number from?
You need to spend more than 5 min of research but you won't!
Exaggeration don't help your case bud!

Here's my quote: "His career average is around 40 points."
Here's the math: Career points / 8 NHL seasons = 41.7 points

- 41.7 points per season is around 40 points no?
- That is a verifiable fact
- That is not a BS opinion
- That is not exaggeration
- I'm not wrong in any sense
- You owe me an apology mister

You are cherry picking!
In fact, there are more players who maintain their level of play to 35 than ones who drop fast like Gomez.
You provided another BS opinion ... 95%? Where did you pull that number from?

Here's my quote: "95% of players massively regress way before they turn 35."
Here are the facts: There will be a max of 31 players over the age of 34 in the NHL next season (excluding goalies).

- That number includes signed 35+ and unsigned 35+ players (who played last season)
- That's a maximum of one 35+ player per team (and each team has a 23 player roster)
- 1 out of 23 = 4.3% which means that only 4.3% of NHL players are 35 or older
- Which means that 95.7% of players regressed into retirement by age 35.
- 95.7% of players is around 95% of players no?

Every team needs key vets around 35. Many overlook that.
Leafs and Oilers need pieces like this.

Toronto currently has:

- Spezza (36), Simmonds (32), Andersen (31), Bogosian (30), Muzzin (30)
- And all these players have appropriate cap-hits and terms.
- Gallagher, Anderson, Weber, Petry and Price do not.
- And they'll all become anchors, just like Alzner.

And you need anger management mister
16 oct. 2020 à 13 h 20
habrye@hotmail.com
Modifié 16 oct. 2020 à 13 h 30
Here's my quote: "His career average is around 40 points."
Here's the math: Career points / 8 NHL seasons = 41.7 points

- 41.7 points per season is around 40 points no?
- That is not exaggeration

Here's my quote: "95% of players massively regress way before they turn 35."
Here are the facts: There will be a max of 31 players over the age of 34 in the NHL next season (excluding goalies).

- That number includes signed 35+ and unsigned 35+ players (who played last season)
- That's a maximum of one 35+ player per team (and each team has a 23 player roster)
- 1 out of 23 = 4.3% which means that only 4.3% of NHL players are 35 or older
- Which means that 95.7% of players regressed into retirement by age 35.
- 95.7% of players is around 95% of players no?

Toronto currently has:

- Spezza (36), Simmonds (32), Andersen (31), Bogosian (30), Muzzin (30)
- And all these players have appropriate cap-hits and terms.
- Gallagher, Anderson, Weber, Petry and Price do not.
- And they'll all become anchors, just like Alzner.

And you need anger management mister

Keep trying. Gallagher will be fine and you will be wrong. Can't believe you are comparing Spezza, Simmonds, Andersen, Bogisian to Gallagher. What a joke. I'm not angry, I'm calling out your BS. Let me guess, you are a Leafs fan eh. If the Leafs signed Gallagher to that contract, you would consider it the signing of the year! lol

Tavares is signed till 34 ($11M). You are going to have a huge problem with him from 30-34 eh! Like Gallagher right?

Others signed till 34 or more with higher or similar cap hits vs Gallagher... Stone, Voracek, Couture, Lee, Kreider, Schenn. Many, many more!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage