SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Jake Allen (2 Years / $2,875,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Dotz789
Ahh, well if you can’t agree that an almost 3M AAV for a washed up backup isn’t an overpayment than you are as lost as your favorite beloved Canadians GM. Cheers to you and another 30+ year cup less drought ! Your Franchise wasted a potential HOF’er in Price. The next Roy. Way to go Canadians

Everything you have said since you've started commenting on this thread has been your ****ty opinion. If you think any of your comments have any weight you are just wasting your time.
habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 39
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Ahh, well if you can’t agree that an almost 3M AAV for a washed up backup isn’t an overpayment than you are as lost as your favorite beloved Canadians GM. Cheers to you and another 30+ year cup less drought ! Your Franchise wasted a potential HOF’er in Price. The next Roy. Way to go Canadians

as a habs fan I agree with you 100%
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 40
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Lindgren is a UFA, although McNiven can be exposed as an RFA.

You are right. I mixed up the 2. So many goalies..
Norm31 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 40
Quoting: Norm31
bruh what. Allen ain't a starting tendy lmao. obviously if I needed a starter I would take the better guy but this is for a backup position. I would want the weaker, cheaper, and more consistent backup as long as the skill difference is negligible.

The skill difference is negligible. Allen is a starting tendy and that's why a team like St.Louis used him as a starter for 4 seasons before Binnington took off. He's just wildly inconsistent which isn't good when he starts the majority of your games.
Norm31 a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 41
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Quoting: HabsForEver
Everything you have said since you've started commenting on this thread has been your ****ty opinion. If you think any of your comments have any weight you are just wasting your time.

Mhmm interesting, is it my opinion that MTL hasn’t won a cup in almost 30 years or how about been contenders in the last 10.. ? Is that an opinion or fact. Mmh idk.
Norm31 a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 41
1.dell played more games and played with san jose who had terrible defence, 2. Dell played more games vs high-end teams than jake Allen

Proof? Not that is matters because of Dell's worse thats, but I want to know if you are actually speaking facts or just shooting things out and hoping they stick.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 41
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
The skill difference is negligible. Allen is a starting tendy and that's why a team like St.Louis used him as a starter for 4 seasons before Binnington took off. He's just wildly inconsistent which isn't good when he starts the majority of your games.

I agree with that
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 42
ok thanks for showing me that but I would rather have Greiss bc he is still good enough to get the job done and is cheaper than Allen

"Good Enough"

That's what Montreal has been for the past 5 seasons, It's about time we move on from good enough and get the guys who will get us into the playoffs and into a deep Cup run
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 134
Mhmm interesting, is it my opinion that MTL hasn’t won a cup in almost 30 years or how about been contenders in the last 10.. ? Is that an opinion or fact. Mmh idk.

San Jose has never won a cup. Habs have been to 2 conference finals in the last 10 years, that is contending, and everyone knows if Price didn't get taken out they would have won.

Shut your mouth already. Sharks fan talking is embarrassing.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 43

I hope it works out for you, I really do because if Price goes down you’re in trouble, big time. With Mr. inconsistent in between the pipes.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 44
it kinda is lmao. I also am a habs fan, I ain't clueless lmao. I may not be able to be a patreon to access advanced stats and **** like that but c'mon I think giving Primeau the shot he deserves is ideal as he will be our future starter and it could be the optimal development route for him

It's the opposite of an eye test when I'm using advanced analytics and standard stats when forming my opinion about who the better goalie is. Primeau does not deserve that spot, he's played 2 NHL games and is 21 years old. That's not what you want for a guy who is expected to start 25+ games in the NHL. It's better for his development to start 50+ in Laval and take charge of the starting role.
habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 44
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Proof? Not that is matters because of Dell's worse thats, but I want to know if you are actually speaking facts or just shooting things out and hoping they stick.

no I am using facts. 1. Parayko, Dunn, and Pietrangelo>EK65 and Burns, and 2. Dell played 11 games vs teams that were top 3 in their division while Allen only played 10. However that is only 1 game difference but it still sticks as fact.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 45
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Good deal a relatively cheap backup probably means primeau gets one more ahl year also Seattle bait
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 46
no I am using facts. 1. Parayko, Dunn, and Pietrangelo>EK65 and Burns, and 2. Dell played 11 games vs teams that were top 3 in their division while Allen only played 10. However that is only 1 game difference but it still sticks as fact.

You're reaching, just stop.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 46

Last 10 years

3 Atlantic Division Titles
ECF Run
2nd round elimination
2nd round elimination

Again it's your ****ty opinion. Stop speaking out of your ass and do some research. SMH
Juraj_Cauzuki a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 47
I hope it works out for you, I really do because if Price goes down you’re in trouble, big time. With Mr. inconsistent in between the pipes.

Sounds good, good bye
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 47
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
It's the opposite of an eye test when I'm using advanced analytics and standard stats when forming my opinion about who the better goalie is. Primeau does not deserve that spot, he's played 2 NHL games and is 21 years old. That's not what you want for a guy who is expected to start 25+ games in the NHL. It's better for his development to start 50+ in Laval and take charge of the starting role.

true. If I was to put him in the NHL i would give him 35 games but I think with another season In the AHL starter role I think he will be able to take that on. however you did drop some basic stats on me (GAA, SV%)
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 48
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Quoting: dc64
You're reaching, just stop.

I ain't reaching fam I am just using facts to futher my opinion
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 48

Stats to back that up? What website are you using to determine who faced the heavier workload? Who stopped more shots? More high danger shots? Anything?
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 48
Quoting: dc64
San Jose has never won a cup. Habs have been to 2 conference finals in the last 10 years, that is contending, and everyone knows if Price didn't get taken out they would have won.

Shut your mouth already. Sharks fan talking is embarrassing.

Ahh, Sharks .600 w% vs MTL since their arrival speaks otherwise. Top 5 favorite team to play and win against. Prob because they’ve been a dumpster fire since the early-mid 90’s😂
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 49
true. If I was to put him in the NHL i would give him 35 games but I think with another season In the AHL starter role I think he will be able to take that on. however you did drop some basic stats on me (GAA, SV%)

The NHL isn't a developement league and you don't throw a 21 YO to the wolves and see where he lands. That's step 1 of destroying a goalies confidence and if we want Primeau to hit his potential, he needs to be slowly developed until he's over ready to play in the NHL. He's over exceeded expectations thus far, but that doesn't mean you throw him at Montreal's media.
Norm31 a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 50
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Stats to back that up? What website are you using to determine who faced the heavier workload? Who stopped more shots? More high danger shots? Anything?

bruh you got me there. I just used NHL.coms starter log just to see who has better quality starts. I think I just screwed up lmao.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 50

Now I know it's a troll xD

Give us some facts then instead of your ****ty opinoin
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 51
Ahh, Sharks .600 w% vs MTL since their arrival speaks otherwise. Top 5 favorite team to play and win against. Prob because they’ve been a dumpster fire since the early-mid 90’s😂

Regular season success, every homers favorite thing to talk about!
14 oct. 2020 à 13 h 51

Fam? How old are you...

Facts only work when they have a positive benefit to your opinion or argument. Your 'facts' don't. You just dig yourself a bigger hole everytime you comment. Just move along, it's embarrassing now for everyone to witness this.
habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage