Forums/Armchair-GM

We Might Actually Be a Good Team wtf

Créé par: SlafCaufZuki
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 13 oct. 2020
Publié: 13 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Our forward core is really deep. I’d argue that the only player that isn’t necessarily top 9 calibre is Jake Evans and that we have 7-8 top 6 forward (depending on Kotkaniemi). We have two outstanding D in Weber and Petry and two shutdown/gritty 4D that will let them play their offensive game. We have a D in Romanov that could be a top 4 D by the end of the season and we have a prospect in Caufield who could crack the top 9 in March. Our goaltending duo is among the best duos in the league with Vegas and Allen will allow Price to get some rest (we all know how good Price is when he’s rested). The best part is that we fixed all our needs this off-season (speedy/talented goal-scoring power forward to play with Suzuki and Drouin + #4D to play with Petry + quality backup + top 6 winger for Kotkaniemi) by only giving up Domi (who didn’t have a spot on the team anymore anyway) and some late picks). We didn’t have to give up our future and we have a great salary cap structure that will only force us to lose Allen and one of Tatar or Armia. I think that this looks like a playoff team. The great depth will allow them to punish other teams in the playoffs as well.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
1700 000 $
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $74 216 309 $0 $3 137 500 $7 283 691 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
735 000 $735 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 oct. 2020 à 1 h 46
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 58
Man, Toffoli should be on the first line LW. I think that would shred. Am I wrong?
13 oct. 2020 à 1 h 47
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 278
This team doesn’t even finish top 3 in their division
13 oct. 2020 à 2 h 11
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,299
Quoting: Oodz

The division is quite good with Tampa, Boston and Toronto expected on top. So you are saying very little... if anything
SlafCaufZuki et Bigshame a aimé ceci.
13 oct. 2020 à 2 h 13
Banni
14 million goalie tandem will be copied after the Habs hoist the Cup! Vegas already saw the future and decided to keep Fleury. 12 million tandem is en vogue. Gms gonna Gm
13 oct. 2020 à 2 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Nick
Mentions "j'aime": 818
Quoting: OlegP
14 million goalie tandem will be copied after the Habs hoist the Cup! Vegas already saw the future and decided to keep Fleury. 12 million tandem is en vogue. Gms gonna Gm

There’s nothing wrong with our 15M tandem, as Allen only has one year left and is an excellent backup. We can afford it anyway as we won’t have to sign players until next year.
13 oct. 2020 à 2 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Nick
Quoting: RomanovTheAnswer
Man, Toffoli should be on the first line LW. I think that would shred. Am I wrong?

Drouin has chemistry with Suzuki and would benefit greatly by playing with a speedy power forward thst can score instead of Lehkonen/Armia. Toffoli will be KK’s goal scorer. It’s obvious IMO.
13 oct. 2020 à 4 h 2
Great Canadian Moose
Mentions "j'aime": 31

Boston got worse this off-season. They lost a very important piece on the back end which they won't be able to replace. Toronto got worse. Dont need to explain that one. Ottawa won't be better for a couple years and same for Detroit. Buffalo isn't an overly improved team after the Hall signing and if Florida loses both Hoffman and Dadanov they will be bad next year. So that leaves Tampa who will still be elite, the Habs who are a much improved team. I think montreal finishes second behind Tampa.
13 oct. 2020 à 4 h 53
BergDaMan
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 232

The division is quite good with Tampa, Boston and Toronto expected on top. So you are saying very little... if anything

I think they will compete hard for the top 3 if not wild card is certainly on the table. Minus injuries of course but that goes with every team. Boston lost a step Toronto may have fixed some playoff issues but will they be better during the season? Tampa has to be pretty intoxicated right now and we don’t know yet what pieces they’re going to lose.
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
13 oct. 2020 à 9 h 20
Quoting: SuperRandy49
Boston got worse this off-season. They lost a very important piece on the back end which they won't be able to replace. Toronto got worse. Dont need to explain that one. Ottawa won't be better for a couple years and same for Detroit. Buffalo isn't an overly improved team after the Hall signing and if Florida loses both Hoffman and Dadanov they will be bad next year. So that leaves Tampa who will still be elite, the Habs who are a much improved team. I think montreal finishes second behind Tampa.

So Toronto addresses their main concern this off season and they somehow get worse?? They have the best offence in the league, and a very solid defence now, with a solid starting goaltender. Toronto is better at every position against the Habs except goalie. Montreal isn’t finishing in front of Tampa, Toronto, Boston period. All you guys did this off-season was trade away a former 70 point player for a middle 6 winger, and added tofolli LOL. Habs are certainly not an elite team and aren’t even better than the likes of Carolina, Islanders, CBJ. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not a playoff team
13 oct. 2020 à 9 h 24

I mean you guys still don’t have a first line centre, and are relying on KK and Suzuki to repeat the success they had in the playoffs to be successful. Shea Weber is not the players he used to be, and Price is declining. This team can finish as high as fourth/fifth in the division and as low as sixth behind Florida and realistically Buffalo who have a much much better forward core
13 oct. 2020 à 12 h 32
Banni
Quoting: DriveFor25
There’s nothing wrong with our 15M tandem, as Allen only has one year left and is an excellent backup. We can afford it anyway as we won’t have to sign players until next year.

It was a joke. C'mon. If I can't make jokes here then I'm literally reduced to quoting terrible books like the Hunger Games. True Story.
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
13 oct. 2020 à 16 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Nick
It was a joke. C'mon. If I can't make jokes here then I'm literally reduced to quoting terrible books like the Hunger Games. True Story.

wasn’t sure on if it was one, as a lot of dumb fans are actually complaining about it regularly lmao.
13 oct. 2020 à 18 h 9
Great Canadian Moose
Mentions "j'aime": 31
So Toronto addresses their main concern this off season and they somehow get worse?? They have the best offence in the league, and a very solid defence now, with a solid starting goaltender. Toronto is better at every position against the Habs except goalie. Montreal isn’t finishing in front of Tampa, Toronto, Boston period. All you guys did this off-season was trade away a former 70 point player for a middle 6 winger, and added tofolli LOL. Habs are certainly not an elite team and aren’t even better than the likes of Carolina, Islanders, CBJ. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not a playoff team

I mean you guys still don’t have a first line centre, and are relying on KK and Suzuki to repeat the success they had in the playoffs to be successful. Shea Weber is not the players he used to be, and Price is declining. This team can finish as high as fourth/fifth in the division and as low as sixth behind Florida and realistically Buffalo who have a much much better forward core

Are you eating road salt ? Toronto's offense got worse. Their depth is gone. Outside your top 6 your scoring punch is putrid. Your backend is legitimately worse. Brodie and Bogosian does not make your backend better then the Habs. You have Reilly. One top pairing Defense and a bunch of 4-5-6. Habs have two top pairing D in Weber and Petry (Argue this point and you're literally crazy - every analyst states Petry a top pairing on every team outside the Habs). Carey Price is still Carey Price. He is better then Anderson any day of the year and now with basically a 1A in Allen as a backup gives a lot of flexibility next season in a condensed year. I'll admit our top 6 is not as high powered of an offense as the Top 6 in Toronto, but the Habs are looking to deploy 3 second lines this year which to me gives more scoring options and depth.

I always have hope that Toronto fans will one day realize the sun doesn't shine out of their asses but I guess as expected a typical Leaf fan coming into a Habs post to stir the pot. Hopefully your team licks the spoon this year.
13 oct. 2020 à 18 h 32
Are you eating road salt ? Toronto's offense got worse. Their depth is gone. Outside your top 6 your scoring punch is putrid. Your backend is legitimately worse. Brodie and Bogosian does not make your backend better then the Habs. You have Reilly. One top pairing Defense and a bunch of 4-5-6. Habs have two top pairing D in Weber and Petry (Argue this point and you're literally crazy - every analyst states Petry a top pairing on every team outside the Habs). Carey Price is still Carey Price. He is better then Anderson any day of the year and now with basically a 1A in Allen as a backup gives a lot of flexibility next season in a condensed year. I'll admit our top 6 is not as high powered of an offense as the Top 6 in Toronto, but the Habs are looking to deploy 3 second lines this year which to me gives more scoring options and depth.

I always have hope that Toronto fans will one day realize the sun doesn't shine out of their asses but I guess as expected a typical Leaf fan coming into a Habs post to stir the pot. Hopefully your team licks the spoon this year.[/quote ]

lol u imbecile. Muzzin Rielly Brodie Holl make up a way better top 4 than the ****ty Canadiens. Our third line has a consistent centre, and a up and coming prospect with a tough guy. Petry would be the fourth best defenceman on the Leafs, and the two offenses do not compare, or come remotely close at all. Have fun looking up to the Bolts, Leafs, Bruins, Panthers and Sabres this year buddy. No one in the hockey world would be shocked if the Habs finished 19th in the league even. Lets not forget u guys were a .500 team at the end of the season, and ur only good move was signing Tofolli LMAO. you traded a 70 point guy for a winger who had FOUR points in 16 games LMAO. Ur offense has depth, but no superstar or game changer. Youre so delusional its funny
16 oct. 2020 à 0 h 16

You clearly do not watch hockey!

Enjoy missing the second round once again, then cap hell until one of your overpaid superstars tenures run out.
SuperRandy49 et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2020 à 0 h 21

"Relying" on their performance? Their seasonal performance spoke for itself. Any rational hockey fan can see the bigger picture of a player development - Suzuki and KK are players you trust in. It's kinda how you get a 'number one center.' Your team decided to pay $40 million for two number one centers, a first-line winger, and a bottom 6 winger.
SuperRandy49 et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2020 à 0 h 31
"Relying" on their performance? Their seasonal performance spoke for itself. Any rational hockey fan can see the bigger picture of a player development - Suzuki and KK are players you trust in. It's kinda how you get a 'number one center.' Your team decided to pay $40 million for two number one centers, a first-line winger, and a bottom 6 winger.

whose the bottom 6 winger? the guy who put up 31 goals and was on pace for 72 points? Nice, and ur telling me that I dont watch hockey. KK played half the season in the minors and had 8 points in 36 games! He was a terrible pick when he was drafted, and unless something changes next season he will continue to look terrible. You guys are relying on a sample of 9 playoff games LMAO. Crazy how u delusional fans think youre actually contenders. You guys are the sixth best team in the division, maybe fifth. There is no way Habs are finishing in the top 3 like your buddy said LMAO. This team is a hopeful for the playoffs, nothing more, nothing less. I mean dont forget that at the pause you were 24th in the league and sitting at .500 buddy. And also, please tell me how u can "trust" in KK? I understand Suzuki is a stud, but dont forget that Marner, Nylander, MAtthews all had 60+ points in their rookie seasons. Suzuki wont ever be as good as either one of those players.
16 oct. 2020 à 0 h 31

whose the bottom 6 winger? the guy who put up 31 goals and was on pace for 72 points? Nice, and ur telling me that I dont watch hockey. KK played half the season in the minors and had 8 points in 36 games! He was a terrible pick when he was drafted, and unless something changes next season he will continue to look terrible. You guys are relying on a sample of 9 playoff games LMAO. Crazy how u delusional fans think youre actually contenders. You guys are the sixth best team in the division, maybe fifth. There is no way Habs are finishing in the top 3 like your buddy said LMAO. This team is a hopeful for the playoffs, nothing more, nothing less. I mean dont forget that at the pause you were 24th in the league and sitting at .500 buddy. And also, please tell me how u can "trust" in KK? I understand Suzuki is a stud, but dont forget that Marner, Nylander, MAtthews all had 60+ points in their rookie seasons. Suzuki wont ever be as good as either one of those players.
16 oct. 2020 à 0 h 40

Tatar - 20 goal scorer

Gallagher - 22 goal scorer

Toffoli - 24 goal scorer

Potential 20 goal scorers:
- Armia (16)
- Anderson (27, in 2018)
- Drouin (18, in 2019)
- Suzuki (a stretch, but not irrational to predict)

Potential 50+ Point Players:
1. Tatar
2. Weber
3. Danault
4. Gallagher
5. Petry
6. Suzuki
7. Drouin
8. Anderson

Notice how it isn't just like, ALL on five players? Kinda like how it ALL depends on whether Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Nylander, and Reilly perform to win a game? Yeah... that's kinda the opposite of depth.
Every defender in the current leafs system CLEARLY is not a competent defender (DEFENDER: not offensive-defenseman, such as Sandin). Kinda like how every defender in the habs system that isn't named Chariot, Weber, or Petry was not a competent defender... So, Bergevin got guys who are better at defending.

Dubas needs defensive help clearly on the blue line along within the forward group. So you picked up a Flames defender (one of the worst defensive teams in the league, especially the playoffs) to play RD... whose Left-handed. Then proceeded to add two Jason Spezza 2.0's in Bogosian and Simmonds, both declining pretty much AHL-calibre veterans who don't exactly carry the tank that a 'fast and explosive offensive team' needs to be a threat.

The Leafs holes are still gaping and the forward depth issue is not solved. AT LEAST every fan in the league can admit Bergevin addressed the clear and obvious problems on the team.
SuperRandy49 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2020 à 0 h 49

Yep! You're right - Suzuki will not be like Marner and Matthews due to their rookie performances.

BTW, how have these 'studs' helped the leafs? Haven't really got past the second round since 2013...

See, sure the Habs have had a hard time for the last 4 years... 4 years of a rebuild that put us into the playoffs at the end of the 4th year, to actually BEATING OUT the first matchup (unlike the leafs... like the have not since 2004). Leaf fans love to throw around '.500' stat like you didn't watch every other team BUT YOUR OWN compete in the playoffs for literally 13 years.

The Habs were a losing team these last few seasons, the leafs have been a LOSING FRANCHISE since 1967. Please, do not talk about team performance. When you tank for 5 years, you're eventually gonna wind up getting a Marner and a Matthews. Congratulations: you sucked so bad the league had to give you 2 stars to bring your franchise back to life, and it took over a DECADE. AAAAAAAnd you still haven't made it past the 1st round.

Sure the Habs have choked but, at least we can watch our team play playoff hockey longer than 7 games!
16 oct. 2020 à 1 h 32
Tatar - 20 goal scorer

Toffoli - 24 goal scorer

- Armia (16)
- Anderson (27, in 2018)
- Drouin (18, in 2019)

1. Tatar
2. Weber
3. Danault
4. Gallagher
5. Petry
6. Suzuki
7. Drouin
8. Anderson

Notice how it isn't just like, ALL on five players? Kinda like how it ALL depends on whether Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Nylander, and Reilly perform to win a game? Yeah... that's kinda the opposite of depth.
Every defender in the current leafs system CLEARLY is not a competent defender (DEFENDER: not offensive-defenseman, such as Sandin). Kinda like how every defender in the habs system that isn't named Chariot, Weber, or Petry was not a competent defender... So, Bergevin got guys who are better at defending.

Dubas needs defensive help clearly on the blue line along within the forward group. So you picked up a Flames defender (one of the worst defensive teams in the league, especially the playoffs) to play RD... whose Left-handed. Then proceeded to add two Jason Spezza 2.0's in Bogosian and Simmonds, both declining pretty much AHL-calibre veterans who don't exactly carry the tank that a 'fast and explosive offensive team' needs to be a threat.

The Leafs holes are still gaping and the forward depth issue is not solved. AT LEAST every fan in the league can admit Bergevin addressed the clear and obvious problems on the team.

Tatar - 20 goal scorer

Toffoli - 24 goal scorer

- Armia (16)
- Anderson (27, in 2018)
- Drouin (18, in 2019)

1. Tatar
2. Weber
3. Danault
4. Gallagher
5. Petry
6. Suzuki
7. Drouin
8. Anderson

LMAO ur kidding me! Josh Anderson the dude who had FOUR points in 26 games will be a 50 point scorer sure buddy.

Leafs potential 80 point scorers:

1. Matthews
2. Tavares
3. Nylander
4. Reilly
5. Marner

Potential 60 point scorers:
1. Hyman

Potential 50 point scorers:
1. Ilya Mikhievy
2. Maybe Kerfoot

Montreal has NO STAR players up front. They have 1 all star upfront and THATS IT. when’s the last time u saw a team reply on one good line and 2 AVERAGE lines to even be considered a contender ???? Weber is so washed and Petry can’t play defense in his own end. Price is the most overrated player in the league and hasn’t been good since 2017. Let’s just get this straight, Leafs are an elite team, Habs are an average team. Leafs are better then the Habs at Offense, Defense and u guys are better at goalie. Even the Sabres are in a much better position that the Habs. U know why? Because they have actual star players on their team. Tatar Gallagher are not STAR players lmaoo. They are very good players but certainly not star players. Nylander our fourth best forward would be the best forward on the Habs. And leafs went thru a coaching change and rebuilt their whole offence last year and still
Finished 3rd in the Atlantic. They were 28-15-5 under Keefe. They sure as hell will be competing for that #1 spot in the Atlantic next year while the Habs will be fighting for the lives to even make the playoffs. And u said Bergevin solved ur problems? He traded a 70 POINT GUY For a guy who had 4 points in 26 games and over paid so much for his contract LMAO.
16 oct. 2020 à 17 h 58
Modifié 16 oct. 2020 à 18 h 18
LMAO ur kidding me! Josh Anderson the dude who had FOUR points in 26 games will be a 50 point scorer sure buddy.

Leafs potential 80 point scorers:

1. Matthews
2. Tavares
3. Nylander
4. Reilly
5. Marner

Potential 60 point scorers:
1. Hyman

Potential 50 point scorers:
1. Ilya Mikhievy
2. Maybe Kerfoot

Montreal has NO STAR players up front. They have 1 all star upfront and THATS IT. when’s the last time u saw a team reply on one good line and 2 AVERAGE lines to even be considered a contender ???? Weber is so washed and Petry can’t play defense in his own end. Price is the most overrated player in the league and hasn’t been good since 2017. Let’s just get this straight, Leafs are an elite team, Habs are an average team. Leafs are better then the Habs at Offense, Defense and u guys are better at goalie. Even the Sabres are in a much better position that the Habs. U know why? Because they have actual star players on their team. Tatar Gallagher are not STAR players lmaoo. They are very good players but certainly not star players. Nylander our fourth best forward would be the best forward on the Habs. And leafs went thru a coaching change and rebuilt their whole offence last year and still
Finished 3rd in the Atlantic. They were 28-15-5 under Keefe. They sure as hell will be competing for that #1 spot in the Atlantic next year while the Habs will be fighting for the lives to even make the playoffs. And u said Bergevin solved ur problems? He traded a 70 POINT GUY For a guy who had 4 points in 26 games and over paid so much for his contract LMAO.

Man, you really don't do your research.

First of all: Anderson was INJURED last year, that's why he 4 points in 26 games. The fact you fail to acknowledge that displays your clear ignorance of facts. Domi put up 70 points in 2019, last season he put up 44 points. A clear regression. Another fact you fail to acknowledge because you know you're wrong.

Second of all: Weber was voted the hardest defenseman to get around BY NHL PLAYERS AROUND THE LEAGUE. Price was voted the hardest goalie to beat by 41.55% of NHL players around the league. So, the 'weber is washed and price is overrated' narrative is so delusional it has only certified my suspicions behind your logic behind your incoherent irrational hockey takes.
https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/carey-price-shea-weber-atop-nhlpa-player-poll/c-296720528
https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2019-20

Lastly: "when’s the last time u saw a team reply on one good line and 2 AVERAGE lines to even be considered a contender ????" WOW! You've truly proved you really don't follow hockey!
1. 1979-80 Islanders: terrible team on paper and to your point, collected an unlikely star in Butch Goring.
2. '91 Penguins: Lemieux and Jagr were LITERALLY all they had. They carried.
3. 2011 Bruins: they didn't have a player over 65 points....

maybe actually quantify your delusional arguments with some facts or history and you won't sound like the irrational leafs homer logic.

One point you clearly missed: STARS DO NOT EQUAL SUCCESS. YOUR TEAM HAS 3 ELITE SUPERSTARS AND YOU CANNOT MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND. YOUR STARS ARE CLEARLY NOT HELPING WHAT DO LEAF FANS NOT GET ABOUT THIS: FINISHING HIGH IN THE STANDINGS MEANS NOTHING WHEN YOUR TEAM CONSISTENTLY LOSES IN THE FIRST ROUND.

This season will exemplify what LITERALLY, and I mean LITERALLY, EVERY OTHER HOCKEY FAN has been saying about this leaf team. You're too top-heavy. You destroyed your chances at a balanced and sound team once you spent $40 million on four players.

So, again, have fun watching other teams compete past the second round! Enjoy watching your Ontario rivals in OTT eclipse the Leafs.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage