Forums/Armchair-GM

Baertschi

Créé par: MNBassman
Équipe: 2020-21 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 12 oct. 2020
Publié: 12 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Does Rossi allow the Wild to move Dumba for a high end wing instead of a center?

Assume subsequent moves are made for this to work.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2750 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Rossi, Marco
3925 000 $
Transactions
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 500 000 $79 616 090 $0 $925 000 $1 883 910 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
AG
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
1 487 500 $1 487 500 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Rossi, Marco
925 000 $925 000 $
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
3 366 666 $3 366 666 $
AG
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
785 000 $785 000 $
G
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 oct. 2020 à 14 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,239
Minnesota coming at you with five lines!
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 14 h 54
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
I’m concerned about the price tag of his next deal, right as we need to resign the crop of young guys. I’d love it but it’s a stretch for all involved and the timing is off.
MNBassman et TanSor a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 14 h 55
Démarrer sujet
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,569
Quoting: EccE
Minnesota coming at you with five lines!

Assume subsequent moves are made to make this work.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 14 h 58
Démarrer sujet
MNBassman
Quoting: jnowariak
I’m concerned about the price tag of his next deal, right as we need to resign the crop of young guys. I’d love it but it’s a stretch for all involved and the timing is off.

True, but the thought of having Fiala, Boeser, Kaprizov, and Boldy as the Wild’s top 6 wings intrigues the heck out of me!
TanSor a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,239
Quoting: MNBassman
Assume subsequent moves are made to make this work.

Of course, I'm just joking. And Bärtschi could be also buried to the minors.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Regarding your description, my opinion is yes. Remember we drafted Khusnutdinov as well, so center is now somewhat deep in our prospect pool. I don't think Vancouver does it though
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 5
Quoting: TanSor
Regarding your description, my opinion is yes. Remember we drafted Khusnutdinov as well, so center is now somewhat deep in our prospect pool. I don't think Vancouver does it though

Center in the prospect pool, we still need another top 6 guy when Rossi is full time top 6. I’m still holding out that Glass gets moved or we make a cheap run at Strome.
RazWild, MNBassman, TanSor and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 18
Mentions "j'aime": 3,373
Center is not a deep position for the Wild in any way that matters. Rossi hasn't even played an NHL game, and while he may be a relatively safe bet for top 6 center, he isn't there yet. The thought that having Khusnutdinov makes us deep at center is laughable. That guy may never make the NHL, let alone be a top 6 center there. He has skill and upside, but he is a long way from a sure thing.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 33
Center in the prospect pool, we still need another top 6 guy when Rossi is full time top 6. I’m still holding out that Glass gets moved or we make a cheap run at Strome.

Sure but if Guerin is building for the future then I think center is less of a need than it once was considering our prospect pool's recent influx. I'm not saying it's no longer a need and my preference is still to move Dumba for a center if he's moved, but it's less of a priority now than it was.
MNBassman et RazWild a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 35
Sure but if Guerin is building for the future then I think center is less of a need than it once was considering our prospect pool's recent influx

If Guerin is building the future, trade Dumba for a package of prospects/picks, not Boeser.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 38
Quoting: Caerii
If Guerin is building the future, trade Dumba for a package of prospects/picks, not Boeser.

Boeser is 23 years old. He's just barely scratching his prime...
jnowariak, MNBassman, RazWild and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 43
Boeser is 23 years old. He's just barely scratching his prime...

And by the time the future Guerin is building is here, he'll be 27-28 and out of his prime. If you're going for it now, you can trade for Boeser. If you're building around guys like Rossi, Boldy, Khusnutdinov (gag), you don't add another soon to be 24 year old winger. You already have Fiala and Kaprizov to fill that role of "veteran" wingers.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 46
And by the time the future Guerin is building is here, he'll be 27-28 and out of his prime. If you're going for it now, you can trade for Boeser. If you're building around guys like Rossi, Boldy, Khusnutdinov (gag), you don't add another soon to be 24 year old winger. You already have Fiala and Kaprizov to fill that role of "veteran" wingers.

So you have voiced that Rossi and Khusnutdinov are question marks, which I agree and I think it's justified to say center is still a need, but now you're saying if we're building for the future we should trade Dumba for more question marks instead of the established sniper who is just 23? Your logic is all over the place
MNBassman et RazWild a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 15 h 47

This is a pretty cynical view of what the future holds. If we could get bowser at his current deal for 4-5 years Boeser makes sooooo much sense. The core in Minnesota is the defense, who are 30 or older. Guerin doubles down on that when he resigned Brodin. We are closer than you might think, but we will need a bit of luck to make it happen.
TanSor, MNBassman et RazWild a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 16 h 3
So you have voiced that Rossi and Khusnutdinov are question marks, which I agree and I think it's justified to say center is still a need, but now you're saying if we're building for the future we should trade Dumba for more question marks instead of the established sniper who is just 23? Your logic is all over the place

Yes because we still need centers. If you have the centers, or can get them now, and compete with them now, Dumba for Boeser makes sense. If you still need centers and want to build for the future, you trade Dumba for assets than can turn into those centers. Logic isn't all over the place at all.

This is a pretty cynical view of what the future holds. If we could get bowser at his current deal for 4-5 years Boeser makes sooooo much sense. The core in Minnesota is the defense, who are 30 or older. Guerin doubles down on that when he resigned Brodin. We are closer than you might think, but we will need a bit of luck to make it happen.

How is it cynical? Because I'm noting that Rossi still isn't a top 6 center and Khusnutdinov has a high chance of never getting there?
12 oct. 2020 à 16 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
Modifié 12 oct. 2020 à 16 h 16

This 100%, this is why we need someone to hold down the fort until Rossi is ready to take over as 1C. I personally don't like either Strome for the role.

Our best options post draft now are Danault, Stepan, or Stastny. And Stastny is already off the board since he's headed back to Winnipeg.

Unless GMBG can work a miracle and land us Cirelli than those two are our best options. Both can be acquired as long as Dumba is moved out and have one year left on their contracts. Of the two I'd say Danault is our best option as he's both better and cheaper than Stepan.

When Dumba is moved, if he went for a winger I wouldn't be opposed to it now given our newfound center prospect depth and if we could land Danault without giving up Dumba in the process. I would try and move him for a cheaper player, good center prospect like Krebs/Glass-Frost, and a 1st rounder in next years draft. PHI for Ghost, Frost, and their 1st seems the most ideal.

Ghost is $2M cheaper than Dumba, could revive his career playing next to Brodin, can stop-gap for Addison until he's ready, and gives us added flexibility in dealing with the ED. 4-4-1 route, we can protect Soucy. 7-3-1 route both Ghost and Soucy get exposed and we keep whoever isn't taken further insulating us ontop of our new found goalie flexibility.

Frost gives us yet another center prospect with top six potential. Between one of Khovanov, Khusnutdinov, and Frost, there's a good chance one of the three hits as a legitimate 2C behind Rossi as our future 1C.

The more 1st's we have next year the better.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 16 h 20
Yes because we still need centers. If you have the centers, or can get them now, and compete with them now, Dumba for Boeser makes sense. If you still need centers and want to build for the future, you trade Dumba for assets than can turn into those centers. Logic isn't all over the place at all.

How is it cynical? Because I'm noting that Rossi still isn't a top 6 center and Khusnutdinov has a high chance of never getting there?

I think it’s cynical because Boeser is, and will continue to be, an elite goal scorer into his 30s. He would help this team as long as he was a part of it. As far as Marat is concerned, he’s as good a prospect as any and he adds a huge boost to our depth at center. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a wild sweater in 2 years.

End of the story is that we need depth everywhere. A Glass/Frost/Studnicka is essential to this organization in addition to Rossi because we need the talent now to grow into its own in a year or two. You’ll notice Guerin said “young player” and a pick, not prospect and a pick. He wants to ramp up quickly and he needs to in order to get the value from the d core.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 16 h 24

Your logic based on your Rossi and Khusnutdinov opinion is that they're still question marks (and I agree), but where I lose you is when you say instead of trading for a very young right shot sniper (which this team does still need) you say we should move Dumba for picks/prospects (ie more question marks).

I agree with you, we do still need centers. But if we can get Boeser for Dumba I make that trade every time now where as 2 weeks ago I probably wouldn't have.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 16 h 25
Quoting: RazWild
This 100%, this is why we need someone to hold down the fort until Rossi is ready to take over as 1C. I personally don't like either Strome for the role.

Our best options post draft now are Danault, Stepan, or Stastny. And Stastny is already off the board since he's headed back to Winnipeg.

Unless GMBG can work a miracle and land us Cirelli than those two are our best options. Both can be acquired as long as Dumba is moved out and have one year left on their contracts. Of the two I'd say Danault is our best option as he's both better and cheaper than Stepan.

When Dumba is moved, if he went for a winger I wouldn't be opposed to it now given our newfound center prospect depth and if we could land Danault without giving up Dumba in the process. I would try and move him for a cheaper player, good center prospect like Krebs/Glass-Frost, and a 1st rounder in next years draft. PHI for Ghost, Frost, and their 1st seems the most ideal.

Ghost is $2M cheaper than Dumba, could revive his career playing next to Brodin, can stop-gap for Addison until he's ready, and gives us added flexibility in dealing with the ED. 4-4-1 route, we can protect Soucy. 7-3-1 route both Ghost and Soucy get exposed and we keep whoever isn't taken further insulating us ontop of our new found goalie flexibility.

Frost gives us yet another center prospect with top six potential. Between one of Khovanov, Khusnutdinov, and Frost, there's a good chance one of the three hits as a legitimate 2C behind Rossi as our future 1C.

The more 1st's we have next year the better.

All of this. The fit in PHI really works now and Frost is the level of player that’s on our timeline. I know you, and others, aren’t big on Strome but I think it’s a high risk high reward scenario that only benefits us. But I agree 100% we need a stop gap.
12 oct. 2020 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 331

I assume you mean Ryan Strome when you say ‘Strome’. I am all for him being a placeholder at C until a prospect like Khovanov or Khusnutdinov is ready, or if a guy like Barkov becomes available somehow. The price for Strome would have to be right though.
12 oct. 2020 à 17 h 16
Démarrer sujet
MNBassman
Great discussion everyone! Lots of differs perspectives, ideas, and insights!

A couple of things...

All of you (IM humble O) are underestimating Ek’s current value and especially his ceiling, but i know i have a higher opinion about him than most.
Having the wings the Wild (would) have by adding Boeser would make Rossi’s ans the rest of the C prospects transition to the NHL much less pressure packed and help them grow their confidence to aide them in their long-term development.
jnowariak et TanSor a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 17 h 32
Quoting: MNBassman
Great discussion everyone! Lots of differs perspectives, ideas, and insights!

A couple of things...

All of you (IM humble O) are underestimating Ek’s current value and especially his ceiling, but i know i have a higher opinion about him than most.
Having the wings the Wild (would) have by adding Boeser would make Rossi’s ans the rest of the C prospects transition to the NHL much less pressure packed and help them grow their confidence to aide them in their long-term development.

I don’t doubt Ek could be a low end 2C and put up 40 points but I’d rather think of him as a high end 3C on a contender. Love the guy and hope we lock him up long term. I don’t think he’s top 6 on a cup team, but he’s a reason a team wins the cup.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 17 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Still not touching that trade. Next year MN has 1 NHL center (JEE) and 2 (Rask, Strum) maybe's as NHL centers. Yucky to re-signing any of the current rental centers we have.

This is a GMCF move of trading for or signing any big name wing on the market when Koivu is your 1C and Granlund is your 2C.
12 oct. 2020 à 20 h 2
Démarrer sujet
MNBassman
I don’t doubt Ek could be a low end 2C and put up 40 points but I’d rather think of him as a high end 3C on a contender. Love the guy and hope we lock him up long term. I don’t think he’s top 6 on a cup team, but he’s a reason a team wins the cup.

He put up 29 points in 62 games last year with 4 seconds of PP time/game. I sincerely believe he has 60 point/year potential if given the right opportunities.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 20 h 3
Démarrer sujet
MNBassman
Quoting: wabit
Still not touching that trade. Next year MN has 1 NHL center (JEE) and 2 (Rask, Strum) maybe's as NHL centers. Yucky to re-signing any of the current rental centers we have.

This is a GMCF move of trading for or signing any big name wing on the market when Koivu is your 1C and Granlund is your 2C.

You worry WAY too much about next year! 2-3 years from now is what the Wild should be focusing on.
jnowariak et RazWild a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage