SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Buffalo Sabres signed Taylor Hall (1 Year / $8,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 oct. 2020 à 19 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: rangers300
sabers win 2021 draft lottery

🤣
Joe_La_Garnotte et Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 19 h 54
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
He obviously wants another chance to prove himself and get a long-term contract and/or even be traded to a contender until the trade deadline to have a chance to win his first cup.

That's assets for buffalo either way
11 oct. 2020 à 19 h 54
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
good guy hall, getting buffalo that extra first next draft
11 oct. 2020 à 19 h 56
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 59
Quoting: Amakiir
He took the extra money on one of the worst teams in the league instead of taking a cut for one year with a good team to boost his stats. I think all of Derrin Ferris' clients must be the greediest players in the NHL.

Well, you can say that. Darren Ferris really wants his players to get paid. Two routes possible. The one or two year prove-it-all bridge deal (Hall, Domi). Or the long term overpaid deal (Marner, Anderson).

However, he is playing with Jack Eichel. The Sabres are going to remind me so much of the 2019-20 Panthers. Two really good lines, Rasmus Dahlin and holes everywhere else. And don't even get me started on the goaltending.
What worries me is that this is a bridge deal. How much will he get paid on his next contract? 11M? It is possible.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 0
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Quoting: HonestHockeyNYI
This is a head scratcher. He picks Buffalo out of all teams?

A. It’s one year
B. He wants to play with Eichs
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 0
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 251
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Business wise. Hall made a great move. Setup a good statline on a line with Eichel and Reinhart. Get the hell out of Buffalo at TDL. Do some damage on a playoff pushing team. Then sign a huge contract next year. Buffalo gave Hall a prove me your worth it deal. But he probably won't last long in Buffalo. This is more of fixing Eichel's moral and comfort with the team.

On top of that, he will not get hurt in the playoffs
Shylo_Moxii a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 0
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,673
Does Hall not realize that the cap isn’t going up next year either? Or that teams still won’t have money to spend (or less if the NHL can’t get fans in the seats) next season???

I thought for sure if he was taking a short term deal it would’ve been at least 2 years....
Guy says he want to win.... chooses the team with the longest playoff drought...
You want to pad your stats for a better deal to get more cash, sure, but taking a 1 year deal is just plain stupid, let alone the risk of injury....
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 0
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So you’re telling me the guy that has won 2 games in the first round in his career wants to go to Buffalo?

I guess it makes sense, put up a bunch of points beside Eichel, then get traded at the deadline to a contender and cash out in free agency. This is probably the course of action that would make him the most money out of anywhere he could’ve signed.

Or the sabres show the league that they can actually play good make the playoffs Eichel is a beast in the playoffs and we knock out a couple teams before losing resigning our core bringing up UPL goodbye to the goalie that played worse and trade Okposo.
Shibbal18 a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 1
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Bro if he goes off with Eichel ... ( Not an if he will ) he will be worth alot next year!

Yeah, and most likely gets 10 Mill+ depending on how well he does most likely around 9.5M.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 1
Quoting: seb
Well, you can say that. Darren Ferris really wants his players to get paid. Two routes possible. The one or two year prove-it-all bridge deal (Hall, Domi). Or the long term overpaid deal (Marner, Anderson).

However, he is playing with Jack Eichel. The Sabres are going to remind me so much of the 2019-20 Panthers. Two really good lines, Rasmus Dahlin and holes everywhere else. And don't even get me started on the goaltending.
What worries me is that this is a bridge deal. How much will he get paid on his next contract? 11M? It is possible.

Maybe Hutton can play like he did early after we signed him
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 2
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: seb

ya boy farren darris is setting up an absolute fleecing next offseason. wouldn't be surprised if he tries to beat the marner aav by a million or so.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
So this basically means we have to go through all this Taylor Hall crap again next year. Wonderful.
BuFfaLOFaN et Remus a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 2
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Does Hall not realize that the cap isn’t going up next year either? Or that teams still won’t have money to spend (or less if the NHL can’t get fans in the seats) next season???

I thought for sure if he was taking a short term deal it would’ve been at least 2 years....
Guy says he want to win.... chooses the team with the longest playoff drought...
You want to pad your stats for a better deal to get more cash, sure, but taking a 1 year deal is just plain stupid, let alone the risk of injury....

Eichel and him will drag this team to the playoffs.
Remus a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 4
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Or the sabres show the league that they can actually play good make the playoffs Eichel is a beast in the playoffs and we knock out a couple teams before losing resigning our core bringing up UPL goodbye to the goalie that played worse and trade Okposo.

Yes, but I’d say that a team whose #1D in terms of ice time is Rasmus Ristolainen probably isn’t going to make the playoffs. And it’s extremely unlikely that UPL becomes a starting goalie a year after spending most of the season in the ECHL.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 5
Mentions "j'aime": 221
Can you guys imagine if Seattle signs him once he hits free agency next year?
dlt_hfu2847whsba a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 691
I'm hoping it all works out in Buffalo, but if it doesn't, what are the chances Seattle swoops in next summer to give him $11+ million to be their first franchise player?
TheNorthStar a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 6
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 251
Quoting: Blazingbat11

Maybe Seattle signs him next year to have a quality headliner
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 6
Mentions "j'aime": 691
Quoting: TheNorthStar
Can you guys imagine if Seattle signs him once he hits free agency next year?

Quoting: tormundgiantsbane
I'm hoping it all works out in Buffalo, but if it doesn't, what are the chances Seattle swoops in next summer to give him $11+ million to be their first franchise player?

Woah we just said that at the same time haha
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 221
Quoting: tormundgiantsbane
Woah we just said that at the same time haha

Great minds think alike
dlt_hfu2847whsba a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 10
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,984
Quoting: linehan10
I fully understand why he’d do it for the stats and stuff, but how can you say all you want to do is win and sign with the team with the longest playoff drought? Shocking stuff to me.

To be the guy that took them to the playoffs
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 10
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Well holy ****ing **** boys!!!! Halls in Buffalo!!! One year deal to sign all your rfa’s. Perfect for both sides. Hear a lot of chatter about trading him at the deadline but I say you ride him into the playoffs.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 11
Nazaleaf
Mentions "j'aime": 157
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

TO THE BOTTOM OF THE STANDINGS!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!
oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: linehan10
I fully understand why he’d do it for the stats and stuff, but how can you say all you want to do is win and sign with the team with the longest playoff drought? Shocking stuff to me.

Because it's a one year contract where he'll control where goes at tdl and he'll be able to win there
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: kaljakori
"I want to win"-Taylor Hall

"I've signeed with the Sabres" - Also Taylor Hall

I guess winning means yet another draft lottery eh?

I presume he expectd to be traded if they are stinking come tdl. And for buffalo they just bought a first for 8 mil. Win/win
11 oct. 2020 à 20 h 16
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
Quoting: thelastlongbow
TO THE BOTTOM OF THE STANDINGS!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!

You guys right ahead!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage