SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Thoughts on the offseason Whats next

Équipe: 2020-21 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 11 oct. 2020
Publié: 11 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Personally, love everything FITZY has done this offseason, he's addressed what needed to be done. Does that mean I think we are winning the Stanley cup next season. Absolutely not. I think this year is going to be a year of growing and seeing what we have and trying to build chemistry with some of the new guys. I know moving on from Schneider was difficult, even though his play was poor the last few years, he was a great guy and we will miss him. However, I love the acquisitions of Johnsson, Crawford, and Murray. Hopefully we can see a nice pairing of Murray/Subban and we can get the most out of the both of them. I think Crawford and Blackwood is a great goaltending tandem and they will make each other better, more importantly, Blackwood for the long term. As for Johnsson, hopefully he can regain his scoring touch, I think playing him on the second line with Jack Hughes would be a great fit and maybe they can build some chemistry and finally Hughes might have a consistent line-mate.

We aren't done though, we still need to sign our RFA's and I think getting Palmieri extended should be done 100%.

As for free agency, nothing big, no need to throw money, save some of our cap space as we are going to need it eventually to resign your guys developing.

Would not mind seeing us help another cap strapped team like Vegas to acquire most assets or even players if the price is not steep, really like how we have utilized our cap space this offseason to pry away good players for a cheap cost, if we can get another quality player that way I am all for it.
Rachats de contrats
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NYI
Logo de NJD
Logo de ARI
Logo de NJD
Logo de BUF
Logo de NJD
Logo de ARI
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de CBJ
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1581 500 000 $53 544 430 $0 $3 350 000 $27 955 570 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 7
2 325 000 $2 325 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
C
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 2
2 822 764 $2 822 764 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
DD
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 oct. 2020 à 12 h 36
I love Sharangovich
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 37
Lmk what you guys think! I am a big devils fan and I love talking about this kind of stuff. What else do you want to see us do? Do you like what we have done?
11 oct. 2020 à 12 h 43
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 163
I know Bratt is still unsigned and is a big part of present gaps on the wing - do you see adding Dadanov as a legitimate option or one that potentially affects the development minutes for some of our other guys?

Spot on about continuing to weaponize our cap. I think we’ve made a great addition to the top-4 (Murray) and a 20-goal caliber top-6 wing.
YeGoat_SharanGoalvich a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2020 à 12 h 46
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 750
Quoting: JasonM819
Lmk what you guys think! I am a big devils fan and I love talking about this kind of stuff. What else do you want to see us do? Do you like what we have done?

I loved it as well, but unfortunately after last season, I’m a little wary. But it’s clear Fitz has a vision that the organization has bought in to.

The real question will be is Harris Blitzer is willing to spend the money to acquire a MAF or another cap sumo to acquire more picks and build the roster. He’s shown a willingness to do it by taking on PK’s cap hit, but acquiring PK was a move made to try and resign Hall while also appealing to the fan base
11 oct. 2020 à 12 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,089
I think Fitzgerald is doing a very good job in his first FA. He's been able to get some good players for cheap in Murray, Johnsson, and Crawford. None are star players of course, but they should all be good complimentary players on this team.

I do think that there is one big issue with this team however -- size in the top 6. The top 6 as it stands is extremely small - the tallest player in the top 6 is Hischier, and he's only 6'0", everyone else is below that. Also, no top 6er is over 200lbs. This team desperately needs to add some size.
11 oct. 2020 à 13 h 0
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Fitz has made some really savvy moves
11 oct. 2020 à 13 h 6
Démarrer sujet
I love Sharangovich
Quoting: DevilsFanInTX
I know Bratt is still unsigned and is a big part of present gaps on the wing - do you see adding Dadanov as a legitimate option or one that potentially affects the development minutes for some of our other guys?

Spot on about continuing to weaponize our cap. I think we’ve made a great addition to the top-4 (Murray) and a 20-goal caliber top-6 wing.

Personally, IDK about Dadonov. He is a good player, but I just think fitz wants to build this team through trades and not make any signings that are too drastic. As much as I love Dadonov as a player and think that he is good, I think we're gonna turn back to Jesper Bratt again next season.
11 oct. 2020 à 13 h 12
Démarrer sujet
I love Sharangovich
Quoting: villenash
I think Fitzgerald is doing a very good job in his first FA. He's been able to get some good players for cheap in Murray, Johnsson, and Crawford. None are star players of course, but they should all be good complimentary players on this team.

I do think that there is one big issue with this team however -- size in the top 6. The top 6 as it stands is extremely small - the tallest player in the top 6 is Hischier, and he's only 6'0", everyone else is below that. Also, no top 6er is over 200lbs. This team desperately needs to add some size.

Yea I agree, no stars, but good complements which are very important to every team so I am happy, hopefully we can grow some of our players into stars like Nico, Jack, and Holtz upfront. Defensively, none of our guys scream star in the making but you never know, maybe Smith surprises us and becomes more of a top 2 defender instead of a top 4. I'd still be very happy with him being top 4 and think he will be for sure. As for size, we are a bit small, 100% agree with you. Hopefully Bahl can make an impact at the NHL level whenever he is ready so that's a start at least for some size. I think as our young players get better and we come out of this rebuild, some bigger guys could be added for sure through like free agency or trades. If size is the biggest thing we are missing when compared to missing talent or youth (which we aren't), I am super encouraged by how this team is constructed!!
11 oct. 2020 à 13 h 18
Démarrer sujet
I love Sharangovich
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Fitz has made some really savvy moves

Hopefully some more can be made also!!! I really wouldn't put a Marc-Andre Fleury deal past us. If Vegas really lands Petro, if we take full salary back, we can get at the very least a first and a second for taking on his full salary. Then we can def get even more trading him to a team at half retained. We would only spend $3,500,000 retaining him and we have space still after that. It also would make sense because we got big money coming off right around when some of our young guys need contracts within the next 2 years (Crawford 3.9, Subban 9, Zajac 5.75) that being about 18.5 coming off before a Jack Hughes extension comes into play. I didn't account for Murray, Palmieri, and Gusev because I am optimistic those guys are gonna be coming back granted if they play well next season and stay healthy.

But yea, love what he's done so far!!!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage