SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Josh Anderson (7 Years / $5,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 43
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
Quoting: mr_z
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

People are mad! Anderson is a beast. His skill set, on an already super fast Canadiens team!? Cmon now. Drouin & Suzuki were developing some serious chemistry in the playoffs. Anderson on RW is something I can see working fantastically. And if not. Tatar & Kotkaniemi is a nice consolation. Gallagher, Anderson, Armia is amazing RW Depth.

Next season Danault, Gallagher, Armia, Tatar, Allen & Weal are all UFA. With an extra $2m from Alzner buyout. ($19.5m) With Danault & Gallagher being the only priority to re-sign. Maybe Armia if a reasonable contract is in the cards. So ultimately getting Anderson and signing him to this contract right now is the most perfect of timing. And, one for one on this current roster. Anderson makes the Canadiens better and more balanced.

Watch out Eastern conference!

Even if I were to grant you all of that, which I dont, you could still have signed him for less
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 43
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: mondo
Could be like Horton too. Columbus gave him a major deal in free agency before injuries quickly ate the rest of his career. Clarkson wasn't an IR resident when he signed in Toronto.

100% agree. I'm a Devils and TML fan, and Clarkson got that contract based on 1 "breakout" year of playing 1Line, teeing off passes from Parise or Kovalchuk or whichever forward talent we had. If I were the owner, I'd get Bergevin to trade him before that NTC kicks in for the next 6 years
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Wait he has an NTC too!??!!? BAHAHAH
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 4
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830
Quoting: HabsForEver
Guess we are going to have to agree to let the teams do the talking.

Toronto - Out in the play-in round tears of joy
Montreal - Beat Pittsburgh and was competitive against Philly awesome face

Maple Laugh fans shut up and focus on your own team

How is Bergeving going re-sign his own free agents now?

Gallagher
Danault
Tatar
Armia
Lehkonen
Kotkaniemi

They're all FA's next year. Won't they expect the Anderson treatment?

Most of them are better players too.

But Price, Weber, Petry, Drouin and Josh took all the cap space.
TheNorthStar et habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: kaljakori
Banking on him getting back to 2018-19 form, I see. Extreme risk and I really can't say I like this. Could be another David Clarkson. At best I see this being barely market value, can't see how it could turn into a steal.

He has to turn into a 60+ 30 goal power forward for this to be a contract anyone wants ..ppg for it to become a steal
rollie1967 et habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 8
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: drewjenkins

Gallagher
Danault
Tatar
Armia
Lehkonen
Kotkaniemi

Gallagher 6-6.5
Tatar - 6-6.5
Kotkaniemi - Bridge in the 3s or 5's long term

Armia + Lehkonen are both bottom 6 players and can be resigned or we can get cheaper options in FA
Danault is almost guaranteed to be lost as he doesn't want to be a 3C and KK and Suzuki are likely gonna be better than him after next season.

Don't worry about us. Worry about Dubass trading draft picks and prospects only to get walked in the first round and then letting those players walk for nothing in FA.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 9
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
He has to turn into a 60+ 30 goal power forward for this to be a contract anyone wants ..ppg for it to become a steal

If he plays like a power forward and repeats what he did in Columbus in 18-19, this is a good contract.
habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 10

So you wouldn't want to trade Jeff Skinner for him?
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 10
So you wouldn't want to trade Jeff Skinner for him?

Nah, Skinner can score 40 goals.
GenXHockey et TheNorthStar a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 11
If he plays like a power forward and repeats what he did in Columbus in 18-19, this is a good contract.

Fair
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 12
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395

Gallagher
Danault
Tatar
Armia
Lehkonen
Kotkaniemi

Allen, Tatar and Weal wont be resigned. That $10.5M will cover all the raises and they can still spend all the way to the cap this year.

The situation is NOT this alarming since a bunch of professionnals have been planning this for years.

You can now stop the bold thing. Darker doesn't make it smarter.
HabsForEver, GenXHockey, ColonelX and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 15
Quoting: jpsnow13
Allen, Tatar and Weal wont be resigned. That $10.5M will cover all the raises and they can still spend all the way to the cap this year.

The situation is NOT this alarming since a bunch of professionnals have been planning this for years.

You can now stop the bold thing. Darker doesn't make it smarter.

A bunch of "professionals" just signed this contract.

You have strong faith. I like it.

BTW - Allen and Weal will be replaced with players who will also cost money.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 17
Molson beer is meh
Mentions "j'aime": 1,675

Nah. The bet Bergevin is taking is that Anderson becomes a Tom Wilson 2.0 (contracts are similar). So long as Anderson pop 20goals 40pts season’s and is a physical force on the ice. There will be no issues with this contract. Issue is Anderson is such a risk because of his injuries, hence the Horton / Clarkson comparisons
HabsForEver, GenXHockey, habs_fan123 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 18
A bunch of "professionals" just signed this contract.

You have strong faith. I like it.

BTW - Allen and Weal will be replaced with players who will also cost money.

Weal is a 4th liner at best and will be replaced with a player making under 1m. Allen will be replaced with Primeau who makes 880k.

You're right, they are professionals, that's why I trust what they are doing. They haven't failed us yet, and until that happens, I won't doubt them.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 18
You know nothing JS
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Modifié 8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 23
Fair

BTW that Buffalo logo is my favorite ever. I got the original game sweater 2 days after the draft where they unveiled it as my birthday gift. Super neat.

They should had stick to it instead of switching for the purple **** stain. Shame.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Quoting: BCAPP
He has NEVER cracked 50 points, let alone 75.

and he is never been on a line that really benefits his game I think he will get put on a perfect line in MTL.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 57
Evans truther
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
What old form? He cracked 20 a single time. Just once. 40 points once.

His career average is about 15 goals and 30-35 points. That does not cost 5.5 million, let alone for 7 years, let alone in a flat cap world

Goal pace per year
2016-17; 18
2017-18; 25
2018-19; 27
A player entering his prime with growing numbers is a good sign, don't take his overall points as a barometer as we all know he isn't a playmaker.
He's a power forward so stop thinking with points only, if he can bring 20 goals, 40 blocked shots and 150 hits on average per year while being good on the defensive side of the puck his contract's worth it.
Also the flat cap won't be there for seven years.
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 10
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
LOL... What???
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 24
Gallagher 6-6.5
Tatar - 6-6.5
Kotkaniemi - Bridge in the 3s or 5's long term

Armia + Lehkonen are both bottom 6 players and can be resigned or we can get cheaper options in FA
Danault is almost guaranteed to be lost as he doesn't want to be a 3C and KK and Suzuki are likely gonna be better than him after next season.

Don't worry about us. Worry about Dubass trading draft picks and prospects only to get walked in the first round and then letting those players walk for nothing in FA.

Armia points per game this past season was miles better than Josh Anderson's career average.

So what does that say if you see him as a bottom six player? He's gonna get paid.

Also, the numbers you project don't fit within Montreal's new cap constraints.

Sorry to say.
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 25
Weal is a 4th liner at best and will be replaced with a player making under 1m. Allen will be replaced with Primeau who makes 880k.

You're right, they are professionals, that's why I trust what they are doing. They haven't failed us yet, and until that happens, I won't doubt them.

They haven't failed you yet?

What are your expectations?
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 33
Armia points per game this past season was miles better than Josh Anderson's career average.

So what does that say if you see him as a bottom six player? He's gonna get paid.

Also, the numbers you project don't fit within Montreal's new cap constraints.

Sorry to say.

How don't they fit into Montreal's new cap constraints? Montreal has 30 Million in cap space so we should have no problem signing these guys to 20-25 Million
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 35
They haven't failed you yet?

What are your expectations?

I can look at the trades MB has made and how they have improved the team. For the previous few seasons we've been retooling so I didn't expect to make the playoffs. With these moves and the future being here, next year is a playoff year. If we miss, it will be a disappointing season.

I expect that teams have to take steps back in order to take steps forward, you can't be a playoff threat every year in your existence.
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 40
Quoting: Josi_for_Norris
and he is never been on a line that really benefits his game I think he will get put on a perfect line in MTL.

Which is a fine reason to trade for him. But no reason to pay him for a guess
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 42
Quoting: ColonelX
Goal pace per year
2016-17; 18
2017-18; 25
2018-19; 27
A player entering his prime with growing numbers is a good sign, don't take his overall points as a barometer as we all know he isn't a playmaker.
He's a power forward so stop thinking with points only, if he can bring 20 goals, 40 blocked shots and 150 hits on average per year while being good on the defensive side of the puck his contract's worth it.
Also the flat cap won't be there for seven years.

That's just a lot of ifs when you add in he scored one goal last year and is coming off major shoulder surgery and hasn't played a single game since. What if he stinks post his surgery? Montreal is taking all the risk here for no reason
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 59
Evans truther
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
That's just a lot of ifs when you add in he scored one goal last year and is coming off major shoulder surgery and hasn't played a single game since. What if he stinks post his surgery? Montreal is taking all the risk here for no reason

He clearly swings for the fence on this one which is refreshing to be honest because Montreal's known for their everlasting ''safe'' moves. Clearly Montreal had access to all medical files so I guess/hope they've done their homework on the health side.
Also there isn't much ''ifs'' to be honest those are all stats he was bringing to the table before his issues.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage