SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

What does everyone think of the Draft

7 oct. 2020 à 22 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,925
Modifié 7 oct. 2020 à 22 h 37
15 - Amirov (F) <-- Potential to become Kucherov with proper development and patience
59 - Hirvonen (F) <-- Potential to become Cirelli as he plays a very similar game
64 - Niemela (D) <--- Plays a very similar game to Letang as both use similar moves
106 - Akhtyamov (G) <--- This guy could very big for us and could become big like Samsonov/Shesterkin/Sorokin. Cant wait to see him in WJC
122 - Villeneuve (D) <--- Faulk like and with a defensive Dman can be similar to Klingberg
137 - Ovchinnikov (F) <-- With the right development could become a russian Hyman
168 - Miettinen (F) <--- Potential steal plays similar to Turris
177 - Rindell (D) <---- Reminds me of young morgan rielly
180 - Miller (F) <--- Small but skilled and another potential steal. Could develop similar to Conolly
189 - Fusco (D) <--- Kid plays a good 2-way game and university should help him. Potential to become similar to Parayko but needs to put on some size.
195 - Schingoethe (F) <--- Kid plays like Hyman and honestly should Hyman ever retire and this kid develops properly were set
213 - Tverberg (F) <--- A project but has the makings to be like Levio. Just needs to work on his stick handling and not take so many dumb penalties.

Also fun note

Leafs now have
KHL Dman of the year
QMJHL Dman of the year finalist
OHL Dman of the year
WJC best Dman of the tourney

Oh, Muzzin and Rielly too.
leaflet a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 22 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Good summary. I like the draft, all things considered.

Trading down in the second round was a smart move, to catch both Niemela (who was projected around #40 and who I thought the Leafs would take anyway) plus Hirvonen as a bonus. Many forwards who have been developed to play two-way game from a young age, which is a good philosophy.

And I really like the pick of Akhtyamov. You never know how goalies will pan out. Seems worth the shot.

Losing the 13oa pick and Jarvis will probably haunt us five years from now. But this is not a bad draft.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 23 h 2
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
Solid draft.

Think we made some smart picks and smart moves to acquire some of the guys we did. I'm pretty high on some of the later picks like Miettinen.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 9 h 15
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4
At first look you notice there are only 2 out of 12 over 6 feet (both 6 foot 1) and only 1 weighing in over 176 and he is a 5 foot 10 guy at 200. Only 2 from CHL and 3 from states. Then we have 4 fins and 3 russians none of which play in north america. I do like the russian goalies numbers and I do consider the fins among the toughest of europeans but there are clearly other choices out there. Getting harder to play against will have to come through free agency because Dumdaz trades away gritty guys like Kadri and Kapanen. Dont dare mention Clifford because he never got close to playing 10 mins a night. Kadri and Kapanen played over 15 min a night. If we need Clifford then why did we get rid of Martin? Dumbaz cant help himself getting all these bargain little guys. I would have went along with trading up some picks and getting a couple WHL or OHL d men. Dumbaz needs to fire up his harry potter wand and do some magic this year or he is done.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage