SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Columbus Blue Jackets signed Max Domi (2 Years / $5,300,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 oct. 2020 à 2 h 30
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 228
I'm wondering what would have been right term/amount then??? Sure 1 year would have been good, but the same situation would have been there next year. People are saying 5.3M is way too much, but honestly earlier most were extending Domi for Montreal with 7y x 6,5-7M??? I think people give way too value for someone becoming UFA. Sure, its great for him IF he does something like 65p/season ( In which case the 5.3M is underpay) If he doesnt the next deal isnt necessarily even this 5.3M.
If I were CBJ I would be happy to commit only 2 years, because lets face it, Domi aint the easiest player to coach. This is a lowrisk deal, and before we see the Anderson deal mut that bad. (Btw, if your badmouthing term here, wtf would you give Anderson?. With the injuries I would hate to give him more than 2-3 years, and he is UFA aswell then)
8 oct. 2020 à 9 h 59
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Quoting: dopplsan
End of the day, Anderson would (at best) been signed to a similar contract if CBJ kept him. Doubt he would have signed anything longer than 3 years, and I’d be surprised if he does in MTL, unless they are willing to gamble on his shoulder before he gets an opportunity to play.

2x5.3 is fine. If he performs, they can get an extension done starting after next season, and he’ll still only be 27 when the contract expires. If it’s a s*itshow, they can cut bait after two years, and at least have a third rounder to show for it.

Of course, if Andy shows out in MTL, makes it look a lot worse

Sorry but I disagree twice:

1) Anderson's next contract wont be even close to this. More in the 3-4M range. Baertshi's is the best comparable.

2) CLB has 0% chance of resigning Domi. The whole point of this deal is to walk him stait to free agency so he can pick his team of choice.
KN31 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 10 h 37
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 43
I think the AAV is a bit much considering that he had a down year and it leads him to UFA after so that isn't good either but he can be a very good 2C for them if he picks up his defensive game a bit more
8 oct. 2020 à 10 h 39
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Quoting: jpsnow13

1) Anderson's next contract wont be even close to this. More in the 3-4M range. Baertshi's is the best comparable.

2) CLB has 0% chance of resigning Domi. The whole point of this deal is to walk him stait to free agency so he can pick his team of choice.

I agree. I hate how the habs are gonna overpay Anderson. he is at best a middle 6 winger.
8 oct. 2020 à 10 h 39
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN

I agree. I hate how the habs are gonna overpay Anderson. he is at best a middle 6 winger.
8 oct. 2020 à 10 h 39
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN

8 oct. 2020 à 12 h 5
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,176

(1) True...I meant in terms of a short contract that would take him to UFA. And yeah, I’d peg a 2 year deal for Andy probably around $3.7M.

(2) I don’t think it’s that low at all. Domi is on his third team in four years. At a certain point, if you’re in a situation that is working for you, you gotta figure you’d stick with it, particularly since he has talked about his difficulty working with MTL.

I think if anything pushes his hand to walk away it’ll be either (a) Domi (somehow) plays at some MVP caliber level, and knows he can get the big bucks elsewhere (la Taylor Hall); (b) CBJ can’t afford him since that is the same offseason Jones, Werenski, Elvis/Joonas, Boone, etc. are UFA’s; or (c) like I said, it turns into a s*itshow, in which case cutting bait works to the benefit of both sides.
8 oct. 2020 à 12 h 7
Aspiring EBUG
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Maybe CBJ has someone else in mind to eventually fill out the center spot. They have a decent amount of cap space and could target someone in FA down the road, or just use Domi as a solid stopgap until a prospect develops.
8 oct. 2020 à 19 h 19
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
Anderson 7x 5.5

More than I thought but 7 years isn't 2 years. Still makes the trade look pretty fair.

Edit

After checking twitter, apparently all Habs fans also hate this signing. So instead of explaining why I think it's fine I'll just laugh a while at people who don't understand things.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 51
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: reelkena
Anderson 7x 5.5

More than I thought but 7 years isn't 2 years. Still makes the trade look pretty fair.

Edit

After checking twitter, apparently all Habs fans also hate this signing. So instead of explaining why I think it's fine I'll just laugh a while at people who don't understand things.

I'm not a Habs fan (I'm a TML/Devils fan), but I'd like that explanation. Anderson's suddenly the highest payed skater in Montreal and the contract is for 7 years. This guy had 1 decent year at best. I've played GM mode in the chel since 2008. Please inform me of what I'm not understanding.
8 oct. 2020 à 23 h 13
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
Quoting: mcgandhi2020
I'm not a Habs fan (I'm a TML/Devils fan), but I'd like that explanation. Anderson's suddenly the highest payed skater in Montreal and the contract is for 7 years. This guy had 1 decent year at best. I've played GM mode in the chel since 2008. Please inform me of what I'm not understanding.

" I've played GM mode in the chel since 2008."

There's no words for that comment.

But anyway. Here goes. I'm using 2018 stats because obviously 2019 was a wash out year for him

He's big.
He lead his team in hits (not forwards, team)
Highest ratio of Even strength points on the team. (for actual scorers)
Best plus minus on the team (team average among qualified players was 4.4, he was a plus 25. plus minus matters if compared internally)
4th in scoring among forwards despite being 6th in ice time. (among qualified players)

He's basically a dream Zack Hyman type player except like 10% worse but hits hard and is better in the playoffs. He's a second line stalwart that they got long term. 7 years is a plus to this deal not a minus. He just got Drouin money (which is probably what they used as a negotiating point of reference) and he can score at basically the same level as Drouin but does everything else 500 times better.

If a single person in the world would rather have Drouin at 5.5 than Anderson you're a desperate idiot.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage