SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Columbus Blue Jackets signed Max Domi (2 Years / $5,300,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 38
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,188
Quoting: HabsForEver
He obviously wants to go to UFA and likely sign with Toronto

I've wanted him in Toronto less and less over the years. He definitely seems like the "highest bidder" kind of guy.
HabsForEver et Remus a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,866
looks like Domi wants to be a Leaf ASAP

No but in all seriousness thats way to short of term. I had him 5.5 for 5yrs
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 40
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,178
I don’t understand the term...why lead him right to UFA?
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 41
Hakuna Matata
He obviously wants to go to UFA and likely sign with Toronto

you beat me to it lul. I was making that joke
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Rooney
I don’t understand the term...why lead him right to UFA?

One thing= Daddy played in Toronto and I want to join his Legacy

jk no idea why, but hey if he doesnt work out they dont have to worry about it as hes gone in 2 years.
Rooney a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 182
I would be fine with only a 2 year deal but at maybe 4.8 million a year. He got overpaid
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 43
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Wqrrior
This explains why MTL wanted him out. Probably a pain to negotiate with. CBJ brought him in with a fair value swap, but Domi is not worth this for two years. Maybe 5 years, but at this he should be closer to 4 than 5.

At least CBJ has the cap space...

Cant wait till Domi demands 8M in UFA....

Quoting: ColonelX
There you go Colombus enjoy and no return policy.
Too much, not long enough, that contract screams that he's gone in two years from now and can't wait to see if any NTC.

Thanks to anyone trashing the deal yesterday, now you may understand why he was sent away and why there wasn't better offers.

Quoting: mr_z
Well, this is already a win for Montreal in my books. Looking forward to see what Anderson is going to sign for. That'll be the icing on the cake.

4 yrs $4 - 4.5m. hopefully.

I mean I think the funny part here is that MTL thinks it didn't get a head ache too.
You realize the issues between Josh and CBJ were contractual. We wanted paid like his breakout year. Like the hard power forward that's hard to find, and CBJ wanted a reasonable deal.

Wait and see that Anderson trade before judging. I don't think your getting him for 3 million. And most likely not on a long term deal.

Personally, I don't like this deal, I don't think Domi is worth this. But it is what it is. We'll see when he's on the ice. CBJ needed a 2C.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 44
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 251
Quoting: ColonelX
There you go Colombus enjoy and no return policy.
Too much, not long enough, that contract screams that he's gone in two years from now and can't wait to see if any NTC.

Thanks to anyone trashing the deal yesterday, now you may understand why he was sent away and why there wasn't better offers.

Players can't get NTC before they are eligible to free agency
ColonelX, jpsnow13 et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 44
Felicenapoli93
Mentions "j'aime": 79
I don't see this being that tragic for the Jackets. Domi goes to Free Agency in 2 years and Columbus pays a little bit over not risking a long term overpriced deal with a guy that has always been inconsistent in his career, also they avoid arbitration and get a two year assurance depending on Foudy's development. Obviously 1 year would have been way better
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: pharrow
I mean I think the funny part here is that MTL thinks it didn't get a head ache too.
You realize the issues between Josh and CBJ were contractual. We wanted paid like his breakout year. Like the hard power forward that's hard to find, and CBJ wanted a reasonable deal.

Wait and see that Anderson trade before judging. I don't think your getting him for 3 million. And most likely not on a long term deal.

Personally, I don't like this deal, I don't think Domi is worth this. But it is what it is. We'll see when he's on the ice. CBJ needed a 2C.

Domi's not a good center so GL with that
mr_z a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 47
Banni
Domi's not a good center so GL with that

Like I said, I don't think he's worth it. He's a Torts kind of guy though, just a small one.

But I don't think MTL negotiations with Josh are going to be any different.
GenXHockey et HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 47
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: Wqrrior
This explains why MTL wanted him out. Probably a pain to negotiate with. CBJ brought him in with a fair value swap, but Domi is not worth this for two years. Maybe 5 years, but at this he should be closer to 4 than 5.

At least CBJ has the cap space...

Cant wait till Domi demands 8M in UFA....

That was my only thought when this trade went down. Maybe domi is being stubborn about money. I saw this aav and My first thought was well that seems fair... till I clicked on it and saw the term. Ouch...
Wqrrior et Trickster a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 55
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 30
I don't dislike the money at all. But being a UFA when it's over concerns me.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 1
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
It’ll still depend on what Anderson’s contract will be, but I feel better about the trade one day later since Domi will be a UFA at age 27
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 3
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
If we can get Anderson on a reasonable long term contract, I’m feeling a lot better about this trade.

I'm not gonna grief the people who were going nuts yesterday and fighting with me.

Just gonna say glad you're feeling better about this because this is what I thought would happen. (I had him at 4.5 but I was just guessing)

Montreal is gonna feel good about this deal for more than 2 years.
Kotkaniemi15 et rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 4
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: pharrow

This is a fair assessment. I think even if Josh costs more than people think he's so much more likely to outperform his contract.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 6
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: aadoyle
One thing= Daddy played in Toronto and I want to join his Legacy

jk no idea why, but hey if he doesnt work out they dont have to worry about it as hes gone in 2 years.

I want so badly for Toronto to be like "na, we're good" in two years
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 6
Banni
Quoting: reelkena
This is a fair assessment. I think even if Josh costs more than people think he's so much more likely to outperform his contract.

I think Josh is coming to you asking for wilson money.
After his breakout season. He views that as the comparable. I don't know if Josh is putting up 5mil per numbers on a long term deal.
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 35
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
If we can get Anderson on a reasonable long term contract, I’m feeling a lot better about this trade.

We traded him because he wanted too much money also.
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,453
He was given his chance in the top 6 at the start of the season and blew it. Not anybody's fault but his

Didn't he play in the top6 for most part of the season?
7 oct. 2020 à 19 h 16
Quoting: bhavikp27
Didn't he play in the top6 for most part of the season?

He did until he lost the opportunity. Having a 70 points season you get some leeway so he was given plenty of opportunity and he didn't do anything with it.
7 oct. 2020 à 19 h 51
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,429
Not overpaid much since he would have gotten 4.M in arbitration.

0% chance he resigns in Columbus. Would explain the 3rd IMO.

Way higher chances he get traded away in 2 TDL.
7 oct. 2020 à 21 h 13
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Montreal couldn't pay him this amount?

Montreal did not want to pay him this amount. His play last year wasn't worth that much. Bet you he was asking for 5.5M- 6M+ for 2 as well. Bound to be in TO in 2023 if they can afford to give him 6M+ then...
Now if Montreal can sign JA to, say, 3.9M-5.2M for 4-6 years, I think Montreal definitely wins it. ...Always considering JA averages 25+ goals/year with like 55+ points/year minimally
7 oct. 2020 à 21 h 20
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,289
End of the day, Anderson would (at best) been signed to a similar contract if CBJ kept him. Doubt he would have signed anything longer than 3 years, and I’d be surprised if he does in MTL, unless they are willing to gamble on his shoulder before he gets an opportunity to play.

2x5.3 is fine. If he performs, they can get an extension done starting after next season, and he’ll still only be 27 when the contract expires. If it’s a s*itshow, they can cut bait after two years, and at least have a third rounder to show for it.

Of course, if Andy shows out in MTL, makes it look a lot worse
HelmutCool a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 21 h 48
Quoting: dopplsan
End of the day, Anderson would (at best) been signed to a similar contract if CBJ kept him. Doubt he would have signed anything longer than 3 years, and I’d be surprised if he does in MTL, unless they are willing to gamble on his shoulder before he gets an opportunity to play.

2x5.3 is fine. If he performs, they can get an extension done starting after next season, and he’ll still only be 27 when the contract expires. If it’s a s*itshow, they can cut bait after two years, and at least have a third rounder to show for it.

Of course, if Andy shows out in MTL, makes it look a lot worse

Anderson might get that amount on 7 years, but he's not getting this number for 2 years

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage