SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Kaiden Guhle

6 oct. 2020 à 22 h 28
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
I think we needed a forward but hey. Guhle is more than fine. Thoughts?
7 oct. 2020 à 0 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Quoting: HabsFan9
I think we needed a forward but hey. Guhle is more than fine. Thoughts?

Fine
He was the best player available
7 oct. 2020 à 0 h 47
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
Lot of criticism coming from Habs fans....

Something's gotta give for sure though. I'm not going to criticize the Habs picking Guhle, for all we know he could have well been the BPA. But looking at the Habs depth chart at LD, it's insane.

Blue chip to solid prospects:
Romanov
Guhle
Norlinder
Harris
Struble

Honorable mentions:
Fairbrother
LeGuerrier

You can probably still include Mete here due to his age...

That's 8 LD prospects. even if half bust out that still leaves 4 LD to duke it out for what will be at the most 2 spots, and you still have to consider that MTL will still want to have veteran guys on their blue line....

So if Bergevin wants to trade for immediate help, this is obviously an area for other teams to look at.

Guhle selection assessment:
Now for those wanting to bash Bergevin for not selecting someone like Mercer or Lapierre or etc etc. Guhle isn't some random selection, nor is he some off the board pick. Looking into it, Guhle was a 1st overall selection in the WHL in 2017 (where he's in very good company. Krebs 2016, Ty Smith 2015, Barzal 2012, Virtanen 2011, Nugent-Hopkins 2008, among others). It doesn't guarantee he's a lock to become a legit NHLer, but at least it shows there's a pedigree to him. Looking at old draft rankings in 2018 and 2019, Guhle was as high as a 7th overall pick at one point. So I think Habs fans should reserve judgment. So many criticize Bergevin for not going for the BPA and drafting positionally, where in this case it looks like he went for BPA on his list.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage