SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Marco Rossi

6 oct. 2020 à 20 h 22
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,043
That's good, right? I don't follow prospects until they're drafted, but seems like he was projected to go top 6, so could be a steal?

Hope they finally have a legit 1C.
TanSor et Gml657 a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2020 à 20 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
I hate this pick more than Fenton's FJ pick.
6 oct. 2020 à 20 h 41
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 420
This might be far fetched... but what if part of the Staal to Buffalo trade was a behind closed doors handshake agreement that they wouldn’t take whatever best center available was still on the board since they now had a currently capable 2C and a high end prospect in Cozens to assume that role after Staal?
TanSor a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2020 à 20 h 48
Quoting: FloppyBiscuit
This might be far fetched... but what if part of the Staal to Buffalo trade was a behind closed doors handshake agreement that they wouldn’t take whatever best center available was still on the board since they now had a currently capable 2C and a high end prospect in Cozens to assume that role after Staal?

I doubt it. Goal scorers are worth more than playmakers. Quinn is a goal scorer, Rossi isn't.
6 oct. 2020 à 20 h 53
Démarrer sujet
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,043
Quoting: wabit
I hate this pick more than Fenton's FJ pick.

Why? I get hating a pick, but more than FJ...?
6 oct. 2020 à 21 h 20
Quoting: JayTea
Why? I get hating a pick, but more than FJ...?

Because this was a top-10 pick and they drafted a Jorden Schroeder equivalent player. Lundell, the goalie, and Perfetti were all still on the board.
6 oct. 2020 à 22 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Here's my scouting report on him:

Rossi is a slick, competitive center whose size can fool you. He does not play like he’s only 5’9” and part of that is because of his very strong lower body. Notice how at the end of this clip Rossi gets shoved by a defenseman from behind who is clearly 3-4” taller than him and he shakes it off like nothing. That’s why I think he won’t have a problem with his size at center in the NHL. He isn’t going to burn you every shift, but he has some speed in him. He also combines good edge work with good hands to evade checks (yes, he just skated through three opponents without being touched). His hands are among the best in this class. He’s a very smart player and can thread needles and should run a first unit PP at the next level. And if you need Rossi to snipe some goals, he can do that too. I know this is a cliche, but Rossi is fearless and isn’t afraid to get to the dirty areas to score. In general, his competitiveness is something that really stood out to me, he’s feisty in his own zone and on the PK which is something I love to see in center prospects. If you haven’t noticed by now, Rossi is who I’m hoping falls to us at 9th overall. I have him as my 4th ranked prospect in this draft but as we all saw last year with Caufield, some teams are scared by shorter players so there’s a chance he’s available for us.
FloppyBiscuit et Gml657 a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 19 h 35
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
Quoting: TanSor
Here's my scouting report on him:

Rossi is a slick, competitive center whose size can fool you. He does not play like he’s only 5’9” and part of that is because of his very strong lower body. Notice how at the end of this clip Rossi gets shoved by a defenseman from behind who is clearly 3-4” taller than him and he shakes it off like nothing. That’s why I think he won’t have a problem with his size at center in the NHL. He isn’t going to burn you every shift, but he has some speed in him. He also combines good edge work with good hands to evade checks (yes, he just skated through three opponents without being touched). His hands are among the best in this class. He’s a very smart player and can thread needles and should run a first unit PP at the next level. And if you need Rossi to snipe some goals, he can do that too. I know this is a cliche, but Rossi is fearless and isn’t afraid to get to the dirty areas to score. In general, his competitiveness is something that really stood out to me, he’s feisty in his own zone and on the PK which is something I love to see in center prospects. If you haven’t noticed by now, Rossi is who I’m hoping falls to us at 9th overall. I have him as my 4th ranked prospect in this draft but as we all saw last year with Caufield, some teams are scared by shorter players so there’s a chance he’s available for us.

5-9 scares me only because of P-M Bouchard and his injuries. That said Rossi is thick so he should be better able to handle the beatings in the NHL. Maybe he grows 2 inches and we never think about his height again. He is dynamic and was definitely the consensus best pick available. I'm excited to see what he brings.
TanSor et mnwild1790 a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 19 h 46
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: Paul13
5-9 scares me only because of P-M Bouchard and his injuries. That said Rossi is thick so he should be better able to handle the beatings in the NHL. Maybe he grows 2 inches and we never think about his height again. He is dynamic and was definitely the consensus best pick available. I'm excited to see what he brings.

Only reason I'm not scared of his height is because of how well big checks have seemed to roll off of him. He has an extremely strong lower body so he's hard to knock down. I agree though it would be ideal if he grew an inch or two, but we'll see.
OutCold13, mnwild1790 et Gml657 a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 23 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 331
This was a homerun pick for the Wild.
mnwild1790, OutCold13, Gml657 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 11 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 817
Quoting: CowSaysMoo
This was a homerun pick for the Wild.

Also like the Russian center Marat (not even going to try last name) and the O'Rourke picks. I hope both develop like I think they can.
CowSaysMoo, OutCold13, Gml657 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage