(MTL/CBJ) - Domi + 2020 3rd round pick for Anderson

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 oct. 2020 à 19 h 6
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Quoting: habitantlecolon
Actually this site is build upon NHL stats contract ... look up i said between armia and byron (2,6 - 3.4) range ... are you reading it only one statement at the time?? I'm only showing you how you can project and how they do in the league ... be more sympathetic please!

Told ya lmao
8 oct. 2020 à 19 h 29
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928
Quoting: reelkena
domi will cost 4 times as much as anderson.

does money literally not factor into all of your small brains?

Well that didn't go as expected...
UpsideDownQue et Yojimbo a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 19 h 34
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
Quoting: mk458
Well that didn't go as expected...

yeah but 7 years is a big deal too.

I can be wrong about the money and still like the trade. Which I do.

Apparently people are upset with this deal from Mtl fans side. If that's the case for you guys then theres no point in me feeling bad about a mistake when you guys would all still be idiots.

if you are fine with the signing then you would be on my side now about the trade and me being wrong about the money doesn't tip that.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 19 h 37
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928

Apparently people are upset with this deal from Mtl fans side. If that's the case for you guys then theres no point in me feeling bad about a mistake when you guys would all still be idiots.

if you are fine with the signing then you would be on my side now about the trade and me being wrong about the money doesn't tip that.

I have no horse in this race. I don't particularly like either team or player tbh...
reelkena a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 19 h 47
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,465
I thought Columbus might have won the trade. But the Canadians compounded their problem by signing Anderson to a 5.5m X 7 deal. He's a 40 point player...and yes he brings some power forward to his game when he's at his best. Just think in todays market 5.5m could have spend a lot better.
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: palhal
I thought Columbus might have won the trade. But the Canadians compounded their problem by signing Anderson to a 5.5m X 7 deal. He's a 40 point player...and yes he brings some power forward to his game when he's at his best. Just think in todays market 5.5m could have spend a lot better.

"In Today's Market" Have you seen some of the contracts being given out? Wait until tomorrow and see what some of these guys get.
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 27
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So according to Darren Dreger, there was a team that had a 1-for-1 deal on the table for Josh Anderson with a player that is a better player than Domi. They were thinking long and hard about it, but backed out last second.

I wonder who that could be? I’d assume that the player was a C, and that that deal was the reason the habs needed to give up a 3rd.

Who do you think was the player?

Johnson maybe.

Arguable if he's *better* than Domi, but Strome might've been someone as well. He's an RFA.

Was also thinking about the Nashville centres but that doesn't make much sense for either side.
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
domi will cost 4 times as much as anderson.

does money literally not factor into all of your small brains?

Domi $5.3M
Andersen $5.5M

Your journey to Total Fail in this thread is now complete.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 47
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: mondo
Johnson maybe.

Arguable if he's *better* than Domi, but Strome might've been someone as well. He's an RFA.

Was also thinking about the Nashville centres but that doesn't make much sense for either side.

Darren said it like the C was definitely better than Domi. I don’t think that he would have said they were better if it were Johnson or Strome.

I’m guessing it’s someone that we didn’t know was available, like Sean Monahan (right age, right position). Not that Calgary would want to do that, but they could be looking for a shakeup, and they did trade for Lucic.

The only others that I could think of that are about the right age are RNH, Lindholm, or Rakell. Although RNH & Rakell have never put up 70 points, and Lindholm has only done it once, playing with Gaudreau & Monahan.

Anyone else was too old or too young, not better than Domi, or on a team that wouldn’t want to trade a C.

Anyways, no matter what, it seems like Josh Anderson has a LOT more value league-wide than I’m sure a lot of fans (myself included) would’ve thought.
8 oct. 2020 à 20 h 48
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Yojimbo
Domi $5.3M
Andersen $5.5M

Well at least we have him for 3.5 times as long.
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1

This guy is 26, which I would say is nearing "prime performance" for forwards. As a Habs fan, are you saying you want a guy who (let's cherry pick his best years) gets 40-45 points a season at 5.5 AAV for 7 years?
8 oct. 2020 à 21 h 19
Quoting: mcgandhi2020
This guy is 26, which I would say is nearing "prime performance" for forwards. As a Habs fan, are you saying you want a guy who (let's cherry pick his best years) gets 40-45 points a season at 5.5 AAV for 7 years?

Yep. If he plays physical and scores 40-45 points a season, I will be happy.
8 oct. 2020 à 22 h 59
Fanboys make bad Gms
Domi $5.3M
Andersen $5.5M

You still here being an idiot?
8 oct. 2020 à 23 h 18
Fanboys make bad Gms
Domi $5.3M
Andersen $5.5M

I just want you to know that when all the habs fans come yelling to trade drouin because he's making 5.5 and he isn't half the player anderson is, I won't come find this thread. Because I don't care enough. But it will happen. Mtl won every moment of this trade and locking him up for 7 years is gold. I still don't like Bergevin but the reasons habs fans hate him are usually stupid. Weber for PK was ALWAYS good for Mtl. It just turned out to be good for both for a while, then not.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2020 à 2 h 18
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Well at least we have him for 3.5 times as long.

You're also paying him over 5M per year for 3.5 times as long.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2020 à 2 h 20
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Yep. Domi likely would've got 6+ over the same term. He didn't want to commit and will get ever more in 2 years.
9 oct. 2020 à 7 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Domi will probably make at least $5.5 million per year on his next contract. Although we don’t know whether that will be in Columbus or not.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2020 à 8 h 27
You still here being an idiot?

I just want you to know that when all the habs fans come yelling to trade drouin because he's making 5.5 and he isn't half the player anderson is, I won't come find this thread. Because I don't care enough. But it will happen. Mtl won every moment of this trade and locking him up for 7 years is gold. I still don't like Bergevin but the reasons habs fans hate him are usually stupid. Weber for PK was ALWAYS good for Mtl. It just turned out to be good for both for a while, then not.

Your comment was so dead wrong, and you can't admit it, that you are grabbing at straws to try to change the topic... talking about other trades.

Your comment was wrong when you made it.

It is wrong now.

You

Were

Wrong

Period

But hey, at least you managed to still get the name calling in there, right? Good job!
9 oct. 2020 à 11 h 35
Fanboys make bad Gms
Your comment was so dead wrong, and you can't admit it, that you are grabbing at straws to try to change the topic... talking about other trades.

Your comment was wrong when you made it.

It is wrong now.

You

Were

Wrong

Period

But hey, at least you managed to still get the name calling in there, right? Good job!

You're a little upset. Why is that?

I was wrong about a contract price. <---- that's a period

You and all your other peons were wrong about maybe 6 things to do with this deal.

The other trade was simply a reference to mtl fans being always wrong.

The only point that matters is mtl won this trade.

PS

Mtl won this trade.

Go change the topic again.
9 oct. 2020 à 13 h 45
You're a little upset. Why is that?

I was wrong about a contract price. <---- that's a period

You and all your other peons were wrong about maybe 6 things to do with this deal.

The other trade was simply a reference to mtl fans being always wrong.

The only point that matters is mtl won this trade.

PS

Mtl won this trade.

Go change the topic again.

I'm not upset, you just got cocky and even when shown how completely 100% wrong you were, you are still trying to smoke and mirror it. You were wrong. 100% wrong. You can't handle it.

We were not talking about who won the trade, that is you changing the topic. You don't even know what my opinion on the trade is, much less 6 things. But again, the trade was not the point of our discussion, that's just you changing the topic to hide how wrong you were. It's all right here in black and white. It's possibly to just look at our back and forth here to see what was discussed, and how you keep trying to evade. I keep trying to pull back to the topic at hand, but you... off topic.

And you name called again. You literally can't help yourself can you? That alone says a lot.

You got shown up, called out, and then reality slammed the door... and now you're mad. In black and white.
9 oct. 2020 à 17 h 28
Fanboys make bad Gms
I'm not upset, you just got cocky and even when shown how completely 100% wrong you were, you are still trying to smoke and mirror it. You were wrong. 100% wrong. You can't handle it.

We were not talking about who won the trade, that is you changing the topic. You don't even know what my opinion on the trade is, much less 6 things. But again, the trade was not the point of our discussion, that's just you changing the topic to hide how wrong you were. It's all right here in black and white. It's possibly to just look at our back and forth here to see what was discussed, and how you keep trying to evade. I keep trying to pull back to the topic at hand, but you... off topic.

And you name called again. You literally can't help yourself can you? That alone says a lot.

You got shown up, called out, and then reality slammed the door... and now you're mad. In black and white.

"We were not talking about who won the trade, that is you changing the topic. '

I guess you were only looking at like 4 posts and not the other 8 pages. (I was clearly talking about mtl winning that trade and why)

I'm not reading the rest of your garbage, I don't care what you think. You learned how to debate in grade ten I assume, which was probably this year. Just no idea what you're doing and reading the rest of this would just make me sad I'm sure.
9 oct. 2020 à 17 h 37
"We were not talking about who won the trade, that is you changing the topic. '

I guess you were only looking at like 4 posts and not the other 8 pages. (I was clearly talking about mtl winning that trade and why)

I'm not reading the rest of your garbage, I don't care what you think. You learned how to debate in grade ten I assume, which was probably this year. Just no idea what you're doing and reading the rest of this would just make me sad I'm sure.

Us, me and you. Look at our posts. You can smoke an mirror all that you want.

You

Were

Wrong

Period
9 oct. 2020 à 19 h 56
Fanboys make bad Gms
Us, me and you. Look at our posts. You can smoke an mirror all that you want.

You

Were

Wrong

Period

You still here?
23 oct. 2020 à 10 h 38
Former Hockey Fan
So according to Darren Dreger, there was a team that had a 1-for-1 deal on the table for Josh Anderson with a player that is a better player than Domi. They were thinking long and hard about it, but backed out last second.

I wonder who that could be? I’d assume that the player was a C, and that that deal was the reason the habs needed to give up a 3rd.

Who do you think was the player?

Quoting: mondo
Johnson maybe.

Darren said it like the C was definitely better than Domi. I don’t think that he would have said they were better if it were Johnson or Strome.

I’m guessing it’s someone that we didn’t know was available, like Sean Monahan (right age, right position). Not that Calgary would want to do that, but they could be looking for a shakeup, and they did trade for Lucic.

The only others that I could think of that are about the right age are RNH, Lindholm, or Rakell. Although RNH & Rakell have never put up 70 points, and Lindholm has only done it once, playing with Gaudreau & Monahan.

Anyone else was too old or too young, not better than Domi, or on a team that wouldn’t want to trade a C.

Anyways, no matter what, it seems like Josh Anderson has a LOT more value league-wide than I’m sure a lot of fans (myself included) would’ve thought.

I know this is old news now, but I was listening to SN690 (Calgary) and I heard that the Flames had been interested in Anderson. I must have missed it when it first came out, but that probably means that the deal on the table (for Calgary) was Monahan for Anderson. Which would’ve been crazy.

Brad Treliving is an enigma, I don’t know why the Flames would consider this unless they had another deal they thought they could’ve made for a C, since Backlund + Lucic/Bennett/Lindholm isn’t exactly contending team centre depth.
19 janv. 2021 à 17 h 24
In Zito We Trust
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,596
not looking too bad so far for mtl...
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage