Forums/Armchair-GM

Peace and Quiet

Créé par: ForsbergForVezina
Équipe: 2020-21 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 2 oct. 2020
Publié: 6 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I said I wouldn't make another one but that was before Aho was signed. I really hope he's in the lineup next season. As should be anticipated, there are a lot of young guys/players with minimal experience. It's the only way to keep costs down imo, while not giving up too much in future value. This is one of the best case scenarios imo; allows us to keep the RFAs, stay under the cap and not give up too much in prospect/draft capital.

I have no idea what Leddy's value looks like right now, but seeing what Olli Maatta got and considering I think Maatta is a little better than Leddy, I can't see him getting much more than a depth player. Might even have to retain, but hopefully not. We'll see I guess, but it's not looking good. This may entice them to keep Leddy and trade Toews, as you'll actually get something back for him, but Toews is so damn good that I just can't endorse that unless we're getting someone awesome back (and I'm not sure that that piece should be Laine, but that's just me).

Maybe running it back isn't the right way to go, but this team was on the brink of forcing Game 7 in the ECF and guys like Barzal, Beauvillier, Aho and Wahlstrom are only going to get better, not to mention Sorokin's anticipated debut. I think we'll be fine
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
66 000 000 $
44 000 000 $
2700 000 $
2725 000 $
68 000 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (BUF)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de BUF
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $81 383 333 $0 $1 175 000 $116 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 6
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 4
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 6
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 4
786 666 $786 666 $ (Bonis de performance100 000 $$100K)
AG, AD, C
RFA - 1
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 oct. 2020 à 10 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 299
NJ accepts
ForsbergForVezina et Scoob1978 a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2020 à 10 h 11
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 9,012
Sabres accept
ForsbergForVezina a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2020 à 10 h 23
ChytilMania
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 294
Toews and Barzal will want more than that if they are taking long term deals. NJ shouldn't accept that deal either, as they are exchanging two bad players, but getting the one with the worse contract.
6 oct. 2020 à 10 h 58
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: ChytilMania
Toews and Barzal will want more than that if they are taking long term deals. NJ shouldn't accept that deal either, as they are exchanging two bad players, but getting the one with the worse contract.

Toews isn’t getting more than 4-4.25 mill on a 4 year deal.

The isles have already taken calls on Leddy. The reason why his advanced stats haven’t been good is because he’s been saddled with a bottom 5 defenseman in the league. He had multiple games in the playoffs with over 70% xGF% playing with Andy Greene and he still one of the best defenseman at leading the rush in the league.
6 oct. 2020 à 12 h 7
ChytilMania
Quoting: Isles777
Toews isn’t getting more than 4-4.25 mill on a 4 year deal.

The isles have already taken calls on Leddy. The reason why his advanced stats haven’t been good is because he’s been saddled with a bottom 5 defenseman in the league. He had multiple games in the playoffs with over 70% xGF% playing with Andy Greene and he still one of the best defenseman at leading the rush in the league.

advanced stats are isolating. His impact on the ice is reflected by his analytics, and the people he plays with do not change that. Having multiple good games in the playoffs does not mean much considering the small sample size. He's also not a very good transition defenseman with a possession exit% of 32%, and a possession exit against% of 24%. He's not good, at all, and you would have to pay to get rid of him. And Toews is projected to get more than 4-4.25 mil by multiple contract projections, including that of EvolvingHockey.
6 oct. 2020 à 12 h 21
Isles7
advanced stats are isolating. His impact on the ice is reflected by his analytics, and the people he plays with do not change that. Having multiple good games in the playoffs does not mean much considering the small sample size. He's also not a very good transition defenseman with a possession exit% of 32%, and a possession exit against% of 24%. He's not good, at all, and you would have to pay to get rid of him. And Toews is projected to get more than 4-4.25 mil by multiple contract projections, including that of EvolvingHockey.

The isles won’t have to pay to get rid of Leddy, they might have to retain some salary.

https://twitter.com/NHLRumorsDaily/status/1311140453656465408?s=20

I’m pretty sure EH projected Sean walker to sign for 3.7 mill, and he signed for 2.65 mill. They’re not always right. Toews cost himself some money during the playoffs so it’s very possible he comes in at around 4. In a recent athletic article, league executives/agents said they think toews gets 3.5-4 mill on a 4-5 year deal
ChytilMania a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2020 à 14 h 39
Démarrer sujet
CHI NYI
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253

The isles won’t have to pay to get rid of Leddy, they might have to retain some salary.

I’m pretty sure EH projected Sean walker to sign for 3.7 mill, and he signed for 2.65 mill. They’re not always right. Toews cost himself some money during the playoffs so it’s very possible he comes in at around 4. In a recent athletic article, league executives/agents said they think toews gets 3.5-4 mill on a 4-5 year deal

Tbh, I think you're both right. I do think Leddy's analytics are a little misleading and those same microstats say he's at the top of the league when it comes to shooting and o-zone entries. He's an excellent skater and I think with some more leeway, he could stick in a top-4 for as a solid puckmover/power play point man. That said, it's well known that he isn't amazing defensively, so that is definitely worth taking into account.

As for Toews, I think Marcus Petterson and Rasmus Andersson are comparable players to him. Not sure if he'll get less due to the flat cap, so I'm guessing a little on that, but I think something along those lines is reasonable
6 oct. 2020 à 14 h 49
Isles7
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
Tbh, I think you're both right. I do think Leddy's analytics are a little misleading and those same microstats say he's at the top of the league when it comes to shooting and o-zone entries. He's an excellent skater and I think with some more leeway, he could stick in a top-4 for as a solid puckmover/power play point man. That said, it's well known that he isn't amazing defensively, so that is definitely worth taking into account.

As for Toews, I think Marcus Petterson and Rasmus Andersson are comparable players to him. Not sure if he'll get less due to the flat cap, so I'm guessing a little on that, but I think something along those lines is reasonable

A Marcus pettersson deal would be great for the isles, but I think instead of 4.025 x 5, toews signs for 4 years and becomes a UFA at 30 instead of 31
ForsbergForVezina a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2020 à 14 h 50
Isles7

Also not all GMs take analytics into account and many of them overpay in trade/FA for defenseman with a flashy skillset
6 oct. 2020 à 14 h 56
ChytilMania

Those are good comparisons but Toews's offensive capabilities are much better than both those guys. Idk if you're familiar with him, but Jfreshhockey on twitter is a well-known hockey analytics guy and he makes his own models to determine market value (not contract projections) and Toews is north of $9,000,000. He's crazy good and any team would be blessed to have him.
6 oct. 2020 à 15 h 30
Démarrer sujet
CHI NYI
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
Those are good comparisons but Toews's offensive capabilities are much better than both those guys. Idk if you're familiar with him, but Jfreshhockey on twitter is a well-known hockey analytics guy and he makes his own models to determine market value (not contract projections) and Toews is north of $9,000,000. He's crazy good and any team would be blessed to have him.

Don't use Twitter much lol, but I am familiar with his work. It seems to vary from site to site. EH says Toews was worth less than both Pettersson and Andersson this season ($3.9 MM to their $7.1 MM and $5.8 MM, respectively), while HB Analytics (another guy I like a lot) has Toews worth almost double them, so it's tough to say. $4 million is an estimate on my part, which I know is a little harder to justify with just over $100k left in space, but seems like it's in the wheelhouse for guys in his role + plus whatever implications the flat cap might have. Really have no idea how they're going to handle RFA contracts, I've seen sooooo many numbers thrown out, especially on here, which I think has created some bias lol so $4-$4.25 million is what I've been working with of late
ChytilMania a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2020 à 15 h 46
Isles7
Don't use Twitter much lol, but I am familiar with his work. It seems to vary from site to site. EH says Toews was worth less than both Pettersson and Andersson this season ($3.9 MM to their $7.1 MM and $5.8 MM, respectively), while HB Analytics (another guy I like a lot) has Toews worth almost double them, so it's tough to say. $4 million is an estimate on my part, which I know is a little harder to justify with just over $100k left in space, but seems like it's in the wheelhouse for guys in his role + plus whatever implications the flat cap might have. Really have no idea how they're going to handle RFA contracts, I've seen sooooo many numbers thrown out, especially on here, which I think has created some bias lol so $4-$4.25 million is what I've been working with of late

agents/league execs think that toews is going to come in at 3.5-4 mill FWIW. From arthur staples recent article

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage