Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Final mock draft - WITH DESCRIPTIONS

2020 Final mock draft - WITH DESCRIPTIONS

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Aking4thepeople
Publié: 5 oct. 2020 à 21 h 35
Description
My final mock draft. 1 day away (Woot).

I do not do trades in my mock drafts - simply unpredictable so I select every player on what I think fits best with the team.

My overall confidence in my picks is - Picks 1-7 90% Picks 8-19 80% 20-27 60% 28-31 30%

I use research from TSN, THG, Sportsnet, mynhldraft, EP and HDB.

I also take a lot of thought from community mock drafts here! So have some fun and do your own, always a big plus to add descriptions with every pick too!

Let me know what you think, and thank you for reading! ( Also I am for sure not a professional this is just a hobby so take it with a grain of salt)
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-Easy and obvious first overall pick, I don't know what package would really work to get the #1 pick here. Lafreniere is a top prize #1 pick, he will make the line up dangerous every night if they can get him to click with line mates right away, I think we see what he really bring in year 2-3 but expect a calder nomination at the least. Congrats Rangers, Love the Trouba Contract and the best left wing depth ever!
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Stutzle was just heating up so much before the stop, The Kings will be highly talented with the prospect pool they have built. I see Stutzle over Byfield simply for the fit on this pick the prospects need the that all around forward who will be a problem for teams right away, I'll explain more at #3 on Byfield but Stutzle is ready he is another excellent German product. If the Kings can squeeze one more run with Doughty they might think we ill forget about that contract, but we won't.
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseByfield going #3 is not anything to complain over, Ottawa needs this exact player they don't get the wild superstar talent but the big, strong, hockey Chabot Brady are great examples of the style of hockey they are making to be able to compete again. I honestly think this will be the draft what gives a new buyer for the Senators some value on investment, For all of us please sell it Eugene.
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-The Yzerman is never easy to predict, We always see him with a bit of a reach and then BAM! Brayden Point and company now exist with a cup. I don't think they get that here but, Cole Perfetti will give the redwings a skill set and talent they do not currently have. Perfetti and Rossi I think will have similar career but Perfetti showed skills of a high ceiling and I think this pick is exactly what they need. No need to come out of hiding yet Red Wing Fans ..... not for awhile yet
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Assuming they keep this pick, instead of being the first team in NHL history to trade a top 5 pick in back to back years. Please don't Jamie Drysdale is a hyper talented Dman who is going to complete a young top 4 that will compete for playoffs for years.
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-The Ducks waddle on up to the podium and announce Mighty Ducks 4 - Super Highscore and Then pick Lucas Raymond. Excellent pick who I think could go at 4 or 5 instead but he will give the Ducks a great outlook on how to make the talent pool competitive. Free Johnny G
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The Devils Jump up and take Sanderson here, I have stood by this pick for a while now, They can really take a chance at grabbing a highly talented Dman, they have picks in this deep draft they can use to get great forward support but this pick makes sense on to reach a bit.
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Jack Eichel selects Holtz, - And he hopes really hard that he has at least 2 good seasons before signing a 10million 8 year deal and vanish into a hoard of Billsmafia never to score 20 goals again. Honestly I think this is an excellent pick, Holtz gets a lot of attention but his game is well known to be a 200 foot game something Sabers need, and like everything else but this pick really does help.
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-The Wild take Rossi, A bit of a slip some could say but I think he would be excellent here. Another goal scorer who can fire the puck like no tomorrow I think I see a Top 6 career with excellent powerplay points. It's hard to make a joke about the Wild because honestly, what are they doing? they've kept a sinking ship floating for a while but they are paddling away from land.
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-The Jets take Lundell here with a lot of hope he doesn't love Fortnite. I think Lundell fills that centre prospect they have been needing but I still see a trade for a true #2 centre. Classic Jet's getting a top level prospect.
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-If Jack Quinn doesn't go here I am going to lose it, not sure if the preds stay here but how Jack Quinn is not rated higher in this draft class makes a bit of sense but for good reason, it's deep this year for forwards.
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Yaoslav Askarov going here would give us the best meme's in leagues history but we don't desrve that happiness it's 2020, but Panthers fan can celebrate with Seth Jarvis - I see him close to Krebs last year but he was on a far better team. Kootney Ice was so bad they literally had to move, but that being said he adds to the crazy talent the Panthers have no idea how to manage
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoIf it gets to here without a trade Askarov has found his team and the Hurricanes honestly need to be taken into cup contender level by 2022 this organization has turned it around and are easy to cheer for, You go Glen Coco
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-The Oilers have this draft to find a player that can play with Mcdavid by next next season. Drafting Dason Mercer gives you the best chance at that here, I think he sees the game at a level what could match the top talent on the roster.
15Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Penguins de PittsburghThe Leafs either win the cup next year or it will be a full blow up. This team won't get all the help they need here but I really like Rodion here, I think he has insane talent and if you want to take a chance at a top level prospect in the middle of the draft this is perfect
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-This is the highest I have Gunler going but that's why I have this weird feeling Bergevin gets "his guy" here as usual a bit of a stretch but will fit the organizational need. Also nobody wants to play here with that guy as GM so they better hope to draft well.
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-I like Brendan Brisson here, A great all around forward and most of all a Local talent. This would be huge for the fan base and club as a whole.
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaThe Devils are rewarded with finding D early. Holloway is excellent and I would have him higher if I could just see some more on him. I think he helps the break out game for the offence and has a bright top 6 future.
19Logo de Flames de Calgary-Hendrix Lapierre gets his name called to the Calgary Flames and we hope he can score 20 goals per play off round because that's apparently the problem not the multiple seasons under a horrifying coach
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de VancouverThe Devils back up again to win the 1st round of this draft with Jan Mysak. I think him and Foote on the left wing is undeniably perfect for Hischer and Hughes playing in the middle. This is the team they expected to have last year with this first round.
21Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Conor Zary fits the description of a Blue jackets forward great. Big and strong, I see his slide on my draft simply for the level of centre talent in this draft and where he will really fit to be the true top 6 forward he can be.
22Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineRangers are back up they got an ok player earlier but here is where the diamond is - Mavrik Bourque I could see going higher but to get him here is almost a must. he will not be ready any time soon but when he is he will be the top centre on the team in no time.
23Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-The Flyers have a lot of options here but Jacob Perreault I like here. Possibly the fill in for Patrick until he is able to play again. I don't see a full career as a top 6 but I do see a regular NHLer by yeaer 3
24Logo de Capitals de Washington-The Capitals look to strengthen outside the core with Braden Schneider, I think it's a choice between Barron and Schneider here and the safer pick usually wins in the first round. Excellent D who will be a shut down top 4 in a few years
25Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-The Avs had a hard ending to a hard year but will come back even better I see Helge Grans getting taken here to support a new generation of D in the pipeline. I know not a lot is on this guy but he put up 27 points in 27 games this year and that earns him this 1st round selection
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The blues come up and act like the Canucks did not happen without realizing how good the Canucks actually are, Anyways, I see Kaiden Guhle being taken here, A big strong and young Dman who will need lots of time to develop but certainly is the best D in the prospect pool for the blues
27Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonJustin Barron is finally taken here, I truly feel bad for his medical news but I see a drop for him but still staying in the first round. I wish him a healthy and fast recovery and hope to see him leading a blue line one day soon.
28Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkOttawa is back up and are happy to get Thomas Bordeleau this is a great offensive selection that I could see being higher on a lot of teams boards but fits here with the talent and needs of this draft.
29Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-I see Vegas taking the shot on a goalie of the future here. Nico Daws is a very talented goalie in his own right and will either go here or very early 2nd round. I think Vegas has many moves to make this off season, getting a goalie here gives abit less to think about moving forward.
30Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dallas susrprised everyone this playoff run but right fully Tampa won it all. I see Marat OHMYGODWHATALASTNAME to start the tool change of the offence
31Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayRidly Greig certainly is not a top 4 pick but something Shark fans can rally on. His game is not complete yet but had a great year always improving, I see him being another project what pays off for San Jose
5 oct. 2020 à 21 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Rossi is the dream imo, I want him so badly. Pretty realistic looking mock, I'd be surprised if Askarov fell but who knows I guess as crazier things have happened.

Marat's last name is pronounced hoos-nuh-DEE-nov
5 oct. 2020 à 21 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
Guhle isn't even remotely close to being in the conversation to be as good as Perunovich
5 oct. 2020 à 21 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
If Reichel is still available the Sharks will 100% take him over Greig.
5 oct. 2020 à 22 h 35
Démarrer sujet
AKing4thepeople
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 0
When they complain about the latest picks in your draft you know it's a good one smile
6 oct. 2020 à 0 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 72
Ottawa isn't taking Drysdale. Raymond or Sanderson is the pick imo

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage