(LAK/CHI) - Morrison for Määttä

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

4 oct. 2020 à 16 h 34
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I would say LA wins and Chicago loses ... that's my opinion. Maatta is a decent 3rd pairing d-man and tbh I've never even heard of Brad Morrison ... it sounds like people don't see him making the NHL, though.
4 oct. 2020 à 16 h 35
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,599
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
I don't understand this from Chicago at all. Olli Maatta is at least a serviceable top 6 LHD that you traded Dominik Kahun for. The Hawks get back an ECHLer/AHLer which essentially is a wash. So begs the question, why wasn't he simply bought out?

$680K for 4 seasons. Hawks save more cap space and get essentially the same return. Nothing.

2 years at $750k is less than 4 years at $680k. Simple math. Don’t see anything wrong with it.

Also they have two RDs coming up who are NHL ready in Mitchell and Beaudin. The other RDs are Boqvist and Seabrook so there’s no room for Maatta. This was to make room for the younger guys.
OldNYIfan, Kelandry et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 16 h 36
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
Quoting: Jco5ta5
2 years at $750k is less than 4 years at $680k. Simple math. Don’t see anything wrong with it.

Also they have two RDs coming up who are NHL ready in Mitchell and Beaudin. The other RDs are Boqvist and Seabrook so there’s no room for Maatta. This was to make room for the younger guys.

You didn't receive anything of value within the trade, spending more money on retention than a buyout, and paid a solid player in Kahun for that said player. It's the epitome of poor asset management.
4 oct. 2020 à 17 h 31
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,599
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
You didn't receive anything of value within the trade, spending more money on retention than a buyout, and paid a solid player in Kahun for that said player. It's the epitome of poor asset management.

I’m not arguing the deal is off. First of all Kahun doesn’t move the needle. It’s not like the Panarin for Saad debacle where they gave up a perenniel MVP candidate. And again everyone is saying it’s more money but it’s only 2 years rather than 4 and the “more money” is $70k. Hardly a drop in the bucket.

Bowman literally just dumped the salary. I don’t see too much wrong with this.

Hawks are also full of 3-4 guys who can fill bottom 6 roles as early as next year so again Kahun is replaceable and it’s kind of weak to argue the Kahun point. Big whoop they gave up a replaceable bottom 6 offenseman.
4 oct. 2020 à 17 h 41
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Quoting: buchiegang
Forget your meds today?

this man is a nolife, comments on every trade/signing, ignore him
5 oct. 2020 à 10 h 59
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,128
Still wish Maatta was a penguin. Miss ya bud. Enjoy Cali!!
5 oct. 2020 à 16 h 32
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I reserve my vote until after UFA signing period. If the Hawks parlay this cap space into a contract for Markstrom, Hall, or Pietrangelo at a reasonable cap hit I will vote for CHI. Of course, they may need to trade Saad or Seabrook to make it work.
6 oct. 2020 à 17 h 29
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
What a steal. Brad Morrison for Olli Maatta, 2019 5th Round Pick (Aku Raty), and Dominik Kahun. That's sound like a wonderful trade LOL.
16 nov. 2020 à 2 h 20
TAVARES IS A LEAF
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 175
Quoting: buchiegang
Forget your meds today?

Cutie pie

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation