Forums/Armchair-GM

Hendrix Lapierre

Créé par: Shanesaw9
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 4 oct. 2020
Publié: 4 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Lapierre got off to a hot start with 2G and 2A in his first QMJHL game this year. His injury issues last year had him drop down the rankings to the point where he should be available when the habs pick 16th overall. I was skeptical on him at first because he is not a goal scorer and that can be concerning, but Barzal wasn't a goal scorer in junior either (still isn't) but that doesn't mean he isn't elite. He also lit up the under 18 tournament.

I don't know much about the other players that could be available at 16th, but I like this option. I personally would like to see KK and Suzuki together on the first line, so I'm not concerned about drafting another center, Lapierre would probably be 3 years away anyways. If you have another player you like at 16th, tell us why in the comments - could be a good way of learning about some prospects the habs should be considering before the draft.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
2700 000 $
31 666 667 $
75 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 750 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Paquette, Cédric
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2021 (TBL)
MTL
    Future Considerations
    OTT
    1. Alzner, Karl
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (STL)
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de STL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $72 689 643 $0 $3 137 500 $8 810 357 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
    C
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA
    2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    C, AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    875 000 $875 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
    DD
    UFA - 6
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 666 667 $1 666 667 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    4 oct. 2020 à 12 h 38
    Boi
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 379
    Ya just give us prospects for Paqutte that’s right
    4 oct. 2020 à 12 h 39
    Former Hockey Fan
    Rejoint: juin 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
    We’re absolutely not drafting Lapierre. He’s not even the best draft eligible prospect on his team. He’s a horrible fit for the habs (centre, playmaker, and doesn’t score goals). Despite the points he wasn’t that impressive the other night, and those injuries are extremely worrying.

And KK on right wing wouldn’t work at all. Because of how he uses his stick, and how much space he takes up when carrying the puck, he’d have trouble having enough space to move the puck. C is the best position for him by far, both offensively, and being able to grow and use his skills defensively.
    4 oct. 2020 à 12 h 40
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 320
    Don't see Tampa trading Paquette for Hudon who's done nothing and AHL goalie.

As for Lapierre, I think if Mercer or Quinn are there, they get chosen ahead of Lapierre.
    4 oct. 2020 à 12 h 41
    Former Hockey Fan
    Quoting: Bigboi69
    Ya just give us prospects for Paqutte that’s right

I wouldn’t call them prospects. They’re both 26, and probably are done growing as players.
    4 oct. 2020 à 13 h 1
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 149
    Quoting: KMMHL2012

As for Lapierre, I think if Mercer or Quinn are there, they get chosen ahead of Lapierre.

Dont expect Mercer or Quinn to be there.
    KINGS67 a aimé ceci.
    4 oct. 2020 à 13 h 36
    Boi
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 379
    Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
    I wouldn’t call them prospects. They’re both 26, and probably are done growing as players.

Ya but Paqutte is just a fringe 4th line checker so it kinda gives Tampa the w
    Kotkaniemi15 et Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
    4 oct. 2020 à 15 h 49
    Démarrer sujet
    Habs 2010
    Rejoint: mai 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 949

Was going off of the assumption that TB will be trading cap Paquette for cap space. If they replace him with a $700k player they save $950k to put towards their RFA's that need signed. I'm also going off the assumption that they will trade McElhinney and replace him with Lundqvist @ $700k with performance bonuses. That would give them another $600k for a total of $1.55M in savings.

So this trade would give them Hudon, who would be an AHL scorer and potential call up (he has played 125 NHL games) and an AHL starter (with 24 NHL games) who gives them some extra goaltending insurance behind Lundqvist. Its more about cap savings than anything so if TB would prefer a pick that is fine, I just thought Hudon and Lindgren would be better fits for a team that is in win now mode than a late draft pick.
    4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 9
    MD
    Mentions "j'aime": 5
    Dawson Mercer Radim amirov and Jack Quinn if they are available .

I believe Amirov would be a to 10 and close to the Holtz and Raymond if he wasnt russian . he plays with an edge is a solid shooter and above avg skater and isnt a liability in his own end

Dawson Mercer is similar in his grittiness and defensive ability and scoring touch and hes righthanded.

Jack Quinn might be the best scoring winger in the draft but i dont know how much of his scoring has to do with playing along side rossi

unless we get lucky and Sanderson drops to 16th
    4 oct. 2020 à 21 h 44
    Quoting: Shanesaw9
    Was going off of the assumption that TB will be trading cap Paquette for cap space. If they replace him with a $700k player they save $950k to put towards their RFA's that need signed. I'm also going off the assumption that they will trade McElhinney and replace him with Lundqvist @ $700k with performance bonuses. That would give them another $600k for a total of $1.55M in savings.

So this trade would give them Hudon, who would be an AHL scorer and potential call up (he has played 125 NHL games) and an AHL starter (with 24 NHL games) who gives them some extra goaltending insurance behind Lundqvist. Its more about cap savings than anything so if TB would prefer a pick that is fine, I just thought Hudon and Lindgren would be better fits for a team that is in win now mode than a late draft pick.

I don't Paquette is their primary trade target to free up cap space... I'd see a move similar with Killorn, but getting a rent controlled piece in return or a decent pick as he is still a functional player.
    4 oct. 2020 à 23 h 4
    Démarrer sujet
    Habs 2010
    I don't Paquette is their primary trade target to free up cap space... I'd see a move similar with Killorn, but getting a rent controlled piece in return or a decent pick as he is still a functional player.

They nees to trade;
    Killorn $4.7M (M-NTC)
    Johnson $5M (NTC for one more yr, need him to waive)
    Coburn $1.7M (NTC, need him to waive)
    Paquette $1.6M
    McElhinney $1.3M

Then they would have enough to sign Cirelli (~$4M), Sergachev (~4.7M) and Cernak (~$2.15M). It is not as easy as iust trading Killorn, trust me I made a team and checked it out.
    4 oct. 2020 à 23 h 27
    Molson beer is meh
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
    Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
    We’re absolutely not drafting Lapierre. He’s not even the best draft eligible prospect on his team. He’s a horrible fit for the habs (centre, playmaker, and doesn’t score goals). Despite the points he wasn’t that impressive the other night, and those injuries are extremely worrying.

And KK on right wing wouldn’t work at all. Because of how he uses his stick, and how much space he takes up when carrying the puck, he’d have trouble having enough space to move the puck. C is the best position for him by far, both offensively, and being able to grow and use his skills defensively.

If Habs draft Lapierre, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled, but I wouldn't be disappointed either. Would just show MTL willing to take a risk on what could be one of the most "talented" players in this draft.
    Pre-injuries, Lapierre was basically a guarantee for a top 10 pick, some even had him top 5 throwing him in the same convos as Perfetti, getting player comparisons to Mat Barzal...

Thinking positional need, he absolutely doesn't fit the current need of the team, and there are so many scoring wingers available in the mid 1st rd for the Habs to choose from. But amateur scouting have more than likely done their homework on the kid. If MTL think they have a Barzal type player, and are confident his injuries are behind him. I say screw positional need and go for BPA, and if that's Lapierre, I'm fine with it. Lapierre wouldn't be ready for another 2-3 seasons anyway, Habs would be in no rush to throw him in the lineup, and who knows if in three seasons Habs aren't looking for another C if, let's say, Domi gets traded this year, Danault leaves next year, Poehling doesn't pan out, etc, etc.
    Shanesaw9 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
    5 oct. 2020 à 8 h 1
    They nees to trade;
    Killorn $4.7M (M-NTC)
    Johnson $5M (NTC for one more yr, need him to waive)
    Coburn $1.7M (NTC, need him to waive)
    Paquette $1.6M
    McElhinney $1.3M

Then they would have enough to sign Cirelli (~$4M), Sergachev (~4.7M) and Cernak (~$2.15M). It is not as easy as iust trading Killorn, trust me I made a team and checked it out.

what are you talking about? they have $5.333M in room, shipping Killorn and Johnson gives them another $9.45M for a total of $14.78M.
    at your stated contracts they have enough to bridge those guys, and fill out the bottom of the roster without trading the others.

so Paquette and McE don't need to move, Coburn apparently likely retires.

Cirelli $4M @ 2y
    Sergachev $4.7M @ 2y
    Cernak $2.15M @ 2y
    Verhaege $1M @ 2y
    Schenn $950 @ 1y
    Foote $925k @ 1y
    Stephens $975k @ 2y

$14.25M
    5 oct. 2020 à 9 h 35
    Former Hockey Fan
    Quoting: Blazingbat11
    If Habs draft Lapierre, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled, but I wouldn't be disappointed either. Would just show MTL willing to take a risk on what could be one of the most "talented" players in this draft.
    Pre-injuries, Lapierre was basically a guarantee for a top 10 pick, some even had him top 5 throwing him in the same convos as Perfetti, getting player comparisons to Mat Barzal...

Thinking positional need, he absolutely doesn't fit the current need of the team, and there are so many scoring wingers available in the mid 1st rd for the Habs to choose from. But amateur scouting have more than likely done their homework on the kid. If MTL think they have a Barzal type player, and are confident his injuries are behind him. I say screw positional need and go for BPA, and if that's Lapierre, I'm fine with it. Lapierre wouldn't be ready for another 2-3 seasons anyway, Habs would be in no rush to throw him in the lineup, and who knows if in three seasons Habs aren't looking for another C if, let's say, Domi gets traded this year, Danault leaves next year, Poehling doesn't pan out, etc, etc.

I’d agree, but I don’t think that Lapierre’s ceiling is any higher than anyone else available at 16. So it makes no sense to pick someone with so much risk if the reward isn’t worth it. If we’re going for a boom or bust player, I’d rather take Perreault.
    5 oct. 2020 à 9 h 51
    Démarrer sujet
    Habs 2010
    what are you talking about? they have $5.333M in room, shipping Killorn and Johnson gives them another $9.45M for a total of $14.78M.
    at your stated contracts they have enough to bridge those guys, and fill out the bottom of the roster without trading the others.

so Paquette and McE don't need to move, Coburn apparently likely retires.

Cirelli $4M @ 2y
    Sergachev $4.7M @ 2y
    Cernak $2.15M @ 2y
    Verhaege $1M @ 2y
    Schenn $950 @ 1y
    Foote $925k @ 1y
    Stephens $975k @ 2y

$14.25M

Thats only a 19 players roster, they have 15 projected right now, 3 out (Johnson, Killorn, Coburn (assuming he retires)) and you listed 7 players. You don't have enough room to add another player and I'm sure TB would like the bottom of their roster to be filled out a little better than that. I can't see them going with just a 20 man roster either, has any team ever done that before?

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1979971
    5 oct. 2020 à 12 h 29
    Thats only a 19 players roster, they have 15 projected right now, 3 out (Johnson, Killorn, Coburn (assuming he retires)) and you listed 7 players. You don't have enough room to add another player and I'm sure TB would like the bottom of their roster to be filled out a little better than that. I can't see them going with just a 20 man roster either, has any team ever done that before?

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1979971

those are your presumed contract values, moving paquette to save 750k makes no sense.

I honestly think Cirelli and Sergachev get moved, so they aren't paying that $8.7 you estimated in the first place.
    Either for value contracts, or cusp-prospects that fill in cheaply.

whole point was, Hudon is garbage and has no work ethic, Lindgren is an AHL goalie... Montreal didn't trust him to be the backup and brought in Allen, so, I can't see him getting any meaningful starts in TB.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage