Forums/Armchair-GM

Revamped

Créé par: Cham
Équipe: 2020-21 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 3 oct. 2020
Publié: 4 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Disclaimer 1: I don’t watch the flames often and the lines aren’t necessarily set in stone

Disclaimer 2: This creates quite the cap crunch but I’m confident in Treliving’s ability to manage it in some way that I’m unable to. (Potentially more moves because why not create more chaos)

It doesn’t sound like Treliving is going to move either of Gaudreau or Monahan unless someone offers a kings ransom

I believe that Tyson Barrie is still what he was showed he was in Colorado, and the reason for his decline was that not everyone can play in Toronto, and Babcock wasn’t a good coach for him and wore on him throughout the part of the season that he was there.

Bobby Ryan is able to add a good amount of skill into a already physical lineup, as well as being a good playoff performer in his limited playoff experience.

Talbot and Mangiapane were the only two Flames FA that I feel are necessary to bring back, and although I can see an upgrade in goal being enticing, Talbot looked pretty good from what I saw this playoffs and Rittich still can become a no. 1 goalie (though it’s unlikely)

DeMelo looks like a solid and cheap-ish defensive presence that can help balance out the more offensive minded defensemen or be an anchor for Valimaki as he grows.

Maroon was can be subbed for any depth player, just chose him cause apparently that guarantees a cup.

I know that Andersson deserves 1st pairing minutes but I put Barrie with Gio on the top pair to provide a better defensive presence for Barrie than Hanifin.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
23 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 500 000 $
45 000 000 $
33 000 000 $
22 400 000 $
1900 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $72 926 666 $0 $457 500 $8 573 334 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 4
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
AG, AD, C
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
UFA - 4
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,294
Don't see Bobby Ryan coming to Calgary, apparently he wants to play in Philly but I think he would have no issue taking a league min deal in Tampa over a 2.4M deal in Calgary. Remember he is still being paid from the buyout. Same thing with Maroon, if he's taking another sub 1M contract it is likely to reup with Tampa.

DeMelo is not needed if you are signing Barrie, one of Kylington, Valimaki, or Stone would just play that right side. With that extra cap space I would hope it is spent on someone like Markstrom.

I'm not against signing Barrie but at the same time I'm not entirely for it either.
Cham a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 3 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Don't see Bobby Ryan coming to Calgary, apparently he wants to play in Philly but I think he would have no issue taking a league min deal in Tampa over a 2.4M deal in Calgary. Remember he is still being paid from the buyout. Same thing with Maroon, if he's taking another sub 1M contract it is likely to reup with Tampa.

DeMelo is not needed if you are signing Barrie, one of Kylington, Valimaki, or Stone would just play that right side. With that extra cap space I would hope it is spent on someone like Markstrom.

I'm not against signing Barrie but at the same time I'm not entirely for it either.

I guess I kind of overlooked that Bobby Ryan rumor but if there’s any way that he’d play in Calgary I think he’d be a perfect way to add skill to the bottom 6 to balance out Lucic and potentially help Bennett’s regular season production.

I’m with you that Maroon probably makes around 1.25-1.5 this off-season because he will have suitors but maybe he just wants to say **** you to Edmonton and/or sees the Flames as a good fit/situation, but otherwise there should be other depth options, whether internal or UFA.

My reasoning behind DeMelo was that in the defensive zone he should outplay his contract and if Barrie is the big FA signing then you need to make sure that there’s solid defensive options in the lineup for PK and defensive zone draws, and DeMelo would be cheaper than Brodie or Hamonic, while also being an anchor for Valimaki or Hanifin.

I can see where your coming from with wanting to go after a better goalie but I’m one of the people who believes that goalies aren’t as important as skaters and you can win with a 1b type goalie. An option to upgrade without losing much cap space would be trading for someone like Kuemper (either move out Rittich for a cheaper backup or get a third team to retain salary) or Korpisalo if they’re moved, and both of those specific teams have said they want to recoup picks which would make a trade easier for a flames team that needs to keep as many pieces as possible on the current roster.
4 oct. 2020 à 3 h 53
Quoting: Cham
I guess I kind of overlooked that Bobby Ryan rumor but if there’s any way that he’d play in Calgary I think he’d be a perfect way to add skill to the bottom 6 to balance out Lucic and potentially help Bennett’s regular season production.

I’m with you that Maroon probably makes around 1.25-1.5 this off-season because he will have suitors but maybe he just wants to say **** you to Edmonton and/or sees the Flames as a good fit/situation, but otherwise there should be other depth options, whether internal or UFA.

My reasoning behind DeMelo was that in the defensive zone he should outplay his contract and if Barrie is the big FA signing then you need to make sure that there’s solid defensive options in the lineup for PK and defensive zone draws, and DeMelo would be cheaper than Brodie or Hamonic, while also being an anchor for Valimaki or Hanifin.

I can see where your coming from with wanting to go after a better goalie but I’m one of the people who believes that goalies aren’t as important as skaters and you can win with a 1b type goalie. An option to upgrade without losing much cap space would be trading for someone like Kuemper (either move out Rittich for a cheaper backup or get a third team to retain salary) or Korpisalo if they’re moved, and both of those specific teams have said they want to recoup picks which would make a trade easier for a flames team that needs to keep as many pieces as possible on the current roster.

Dube was already good enough for Bennett, they should stay together, Mangiapane would be just fine there too but I like him with Tkachuk. The bottom 6 really doesn't need wingers.

DeMelo isn't a 3rd pair guy though and Valimaki doesn't really need anchoring, he's got the game smarts of Hughes.

As for Goalie, Talbot is my 3rd option I would want Markstrom or Kuemper more
Cham a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 4 h 16
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy

I’ve been thinking about Barrie... would you do 1 x 6.5M? Not sure what his other offers will be, but pay him good money for one year and let him re establish value for a long term deal.
4 oct. 2020 à 4 h 17
Quoting: Jof991
I’ve been thinking about Barrie... would you do 1 x 6.5M? Not sure what his other offers will be, but pay him good money for one year and let him re establish value for a long term deal.

No, need a longer term solution than a 1 year rental on the right side. To me Barrie is not much of an upgrade on Gustafsson. PPQB that sucks at defense, he is a career -66 player and was -59 going into this season so it's not like it was just 1 bad year

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage