Forums/Armchair-GM

Lou-Like Off Season

Créé par: Apollo2195
Équipe: 2020-21 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 4 oct. 2020
Publié: 4 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Historically since the salary cap, Lou has a tendency to overpay bottom lineup guys (Komarov, Martin, etc) but underpay top line up guys (Kadri, Reilly, Anderson etc).

So assuming history repeats and the rumor cites are even close, Barzal will take a relatively cheap 3 year bridge deal. I think he still wants to be the top paid players, but I think it comes in south of 8 on a bridge.

Since Lou came to the Island he makes D-Men take WAYYY to little money for what they do. (Pelech, Mayfield) I think he uses their contracts as a club and beats down Pulock’s and Toews’ deals.

I think after communicating with Trotz he wants Greene and Martin back. I think Martin won’t take a lot because of how his career went last time he left and Greene wants to play for a playoff team to finish his career. Both will take bottom minute plug contracts to stay. (Both Greene and Martin are Lou guys which helps)

Leddy obviously has to go. It’s unfortunate but boychuk doesn’t seem like he can be moved.

Komarov probably won’t have the Sens on his no trade list because of DJ Smith and same goes to why DJ Smith might want him to be with the sens youth I really think he can help like he did with the Leafs and Isles. Marián Gaborik is going the other way to make money work for the Islanders. (LTIR)

Hickey Probably could be useful for a few teams at 2mil and is better than some comparables at that price. Isles D-core is just to strong for him to be a regular and an injury prevented him from taking a hurt Pelechs spot this season.

Also if A. Staple is correct... WELCOME BACK HO-SANG, you are now Kühnhackl, you might play 10 games this season.

Ladd - You are gone in expansion.

Bobby Ryan is this years Brassard/Lehner. Lou just figures them out.

LGI
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
37 250 000 $
65 000 000 $
33 000 000 $
2700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
11 200 000 $
1700 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (LAK)
NYI
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2020 (CGY)
CGY
  1. Hickey, Thomas (500 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2020 (NYI)
OTT
  1. Komarov, Leo
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (NYI)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de LAK
Logo de NYI
Logo de CGY
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 869 167 $0 $537 500 $1 630 833 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 6
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 4
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 4
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 6
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 3
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 oct. 2020 à 0 h 56
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,639
????? Sure Ottawa might give the Isles Gaborik, his LTIR does not have any consequences "in making the money work". What is that fantasy about trading LTIR players.
No reason why Seattle would have any interest in Ladd. Sorry he's an Islander one way or another till his contract ends.
4 oct. 2020 à 0 h 57
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 301
It is possible to move Boychuk, it would take a bit to move him tho
Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Apollo2195
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Quoting: palhal
????? Sure Ottawa might give the Isles Gaborik, his LTIR does not have any consequences "in making the money work". What is that fantasy about trading LTIR players.
No reason why Seattle would have any interest in Ladd. Sorry he's an Islander one way or another till his contract ends.

Listen, I always take criticism on posts, it’s expected on this website and I enjoy it, but I’d expect someone with almost 33,000 posts to understand although his contract is insured the Sens pay real dollars every year to have him not play. So instead of paying him to not play so they can use his cap hit to reach the floor, they can pay komarov to actually be on the ice and help develop the youth, because the Sens don’t like spending money. (Ie. buying out Bobby Ryan to save a couple mil.)

And the VGK took a first to take the 5mil of the ghost of Grabovski, if the Isles have to send an extra prospect for them to take Ladd who actually plays. I’m sure both sides will.

So I don’t like the arrogant attitude from somebody who doesn’t know what they are talking about.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Apollo2195
Quoting: ICantHaveFunWithMyUsername
It is possible to move Boychuk, it would take a bit to move him tho

I think that’s the fear, us Islander fans really don’t know how our prospect are going to transition to the NHL game. Needing the 1st in 2021 for expansion, I’m not sure how much it would cost to move the full 6mil and 2 years of boychuk without giving that pick up. Leddy being a younger, reasonable middle paid LHD makes him much easier to move even in this cap situation.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 21
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
I think you could be right regarding contracts.

If boychuk doesn’t get traded, I can’t see him playing more than 10-12 games next season. Dobson will be a regular.

According to staple , they’re not high on bellows so I would assume he’s used to dump a contract and wahlstrom gets the 3rd line rw spot.
Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 27
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299

He’ll most likely be an islander for the remainder of his contract , but there’s a decent chance he suffers a career ending injury during that time and LTIRetires
Apollo2195 et palhal a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 29
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Apollo2195
Listen, I always take criticism on posts, it’s expected on this website and I enjoy it, but I’d expect someone with almost 33,000 posts to understand although his contract is insured the Sens pay real dollars every year to have him not play. So instead of paying him to not play so they can use his cap hit to reach the floor, they can pay komarov to actually be on the ice and help develop the youth, because the Sens don’t like spending money. (Ie. buying out Bobby Ryan to save a couple mil.)

And the VGK took a first to take the 5mil of the ghost of Grabovski, if the Isles have to send an extra prospect for them to take Ladd who actually plays. I’m sure both sides will.

So I don’t like the arrogant attitude from somebody who doesn’t know what they are talking about.

Gee, your wrote "his contract is insured". By definition an insurance company pays for Gaborik's contract NOT the Ottawa Senators. Shouldn't be too hard to understand. Ottawa has no problem reaching the cap floor. They just put Gaborik IR and that his cap goes against the 81.5m cap total.
So, keep your ignorant attitude, I truly understand that you don't have the ability to learn.
athrin a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 31
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Isles777
He’ll most likely be an islander for the remainder of his contract , but there’s a decent chance he suffers a career ending injury during that time and LTIRetires

Isles like most NHL teams are hoping for a compliance buyout before the Seattle draft.
Isles777 et Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Apollo2195
Gee, your wrote "his contract is insured". By definition an insurance company pays for Gaborik's contract NOT the Ottawa Senators. Shouldn't be too hard to understand. Ottawa has no problem reaching the cap floor. They just put Gaborik IR and that his cap goes against the 81.5m cap total.
So, keep your ignorant attitude, I truly understand that you don't have the ability to learn.

https://www.overtimeheroics.net/index.php/2020/08/25/maple-leafs-possible-ltir-contracts-for-cap-relief/

He’s owed $600,000 in real dollars this year, and this is an article about your leafs, I guess I have the ability to read at least.

(600,000 to have him not play is something the Sens would like to not have to do if they don’t have to)

Enjoy your night.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 48
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
https://www.overtimeheroics.net/index.php/2020/08/25/maple-leafs-possible-ltir-contracts-for-cap-relief/

He’s owed $600,000 in real dollars this year, and this is an article about your leafs, I guess I have the ability to read at least.

(600,000 to have him not play is something the Sens would like to not have to do if they don’t have to)

Enjoy your night.

Yes the sens pay about 15% of gaborik’s contract but they use that to reach the floor rather than shelling out the other over 4M to get there. Therefore, the sens or any budget team will not move insured contacts. It just doesn’t make sense for them. Anyways, the only use for LTIR for the isles would be to protect against bonuses and the isles don’t have many of those.

The rangers should be one of the teams with interest in LTIR contracts though, insured or not.

Ik the way you look at gaborik is that the sens are paying him about 600K to do nothing but he’s also taking up almost 5M in cap space. Therefore, they get 4M closer to the cap floor without having to pay someone the other 4M. That’s why Gaborik makes sense for the sens to keep. Unless Ottawa is willing to shell out money
Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 1 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Apollo2195
Quoting: arafay
Yes the sens pay about 15% of gaborik’s contract but they use that to reach the floor rather than shelling out the other over 4M to get there. Therefore, the sens or any budget team will not move insured contacts. It just doesn’t make sense for them. Anyways, the only use for LTIR for the isles would be to protect against bonuses and the isles don’t have many of those.

The rangers should be one of the teams with interest in LTIR contracts though, insured or not.

Ik the way you look at gaborik is that the sens are paying him about 600K to do nothing but he’s also taking up almost 5M in cap space. Therefore, they get 4M closer to the cap floor without having to pay someone the other 4M. That’s why Gaborik makes sense for the sens to keep. Unless Ottawa is willing to shell out money

Absolutely, you are right, the trade theory is komarov (High cap hit for what he does production wise) would be a nice tool for the Sens as they rebuild. (Locker room, blocking shot, PK) stuff you’d rather 18-20 year olds limit. Rangers should be looking at LTIR’s this is just a trade scenario I can imagine if Lou trades with Dorian. The only reason I’m irritated is the way the guy I’m arguing with has 33,000 posts and is treating the my post as a serious komarov for Mathews who says no?, type of arm chair. Just wanted to show that I understand how the sport works and he’s not the only one who understands hockey outside of what we see on the ice. Just two different perspectives.

Thank you for posting something constructive.
arafay a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Absolutely, you are right, the trade theory is komarov (High cap hit for what he does production wise) would be a nice tool for the Sens as they rebuild. (Locker room, blocking shot, PK) stuff you’d rather 18-20 year olds limit. Rangers should be looking at LTIR’s this is just a trade scenario I can imagine if Lou trades with Dorian. The only reason I’m irritated is the way the guy I’m arguing with has 33,000 posts and is treating the my post as a serious komarov for Mathews who says no?, type of arm chair. Just wanted to show that I understand how the sport works and he’s not the only one who understands hockey outside of what we see on the ice. Just two different perspectives.

Thank you for posting something constructive.

For sure, I agree, but I don’t think komarov is so much wanted in Ottawa, especially if the isles want gaborik back. I don’t think the sens want to move gaborik for the reasons above. The sens can get komarov type players for much cheaper (or the isles can pay them to take him). They aren’t going to move dead cap space for komarov. They want dead cap space. I just don’t think komarov makes sense for the sens unless they get something for taking him.

Also, I agree with what the guy above said, just didn’t like the way he said it, but that’s with almost everyone on this site so...

Again, I stress, the rangers need to get an LTIR contract or 2 fast. They have way too many bonuses to deal with and if they sign their RFA’s in the next while they can’t make a big UFA move until they move money out (or get LTIR) or they can’t sign their RFA’s if they sign a big UFA. They are a big market team, they can afford to take on non insured LTIR and they need to if they want to improve this summer
Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 419
Flames have 0 interest in another LD
Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Apollo2195
Quoting: MethodMan
Flames have 0 interest in another LD

Hickey is really for anyone looking for an experienced 5/6 LHD, I just picked the flames due to the Brodie and Hamonic Situation (both RHD’s) and the possible overturn and uncertainty of the flames backend might have due to losing either of them, and also seeing people on this website including Hanafin in trades which I don’t know if I would do if I’m the flames depending on the return, but would leave a LHD spot open and if they don’t want a rookie full time in the 5/6 slot. Realistically he’s a buyout candidate but if a team wants him for cheap if we retain a little, works for us.
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 40
Toronno Maple Leafs
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 174
I dont think the Flames would want Hickey honestly. Yes they'll probably lose Brodie and Hamonic but with Valimaki back in the fold, and assuming they keep Gio and Hanifin (despite all the trade talk around him), they got no real need for him. That 2M would be spent better elsewhere (perhaps towards a goalie?)

Leddy to the Kings makes sense, especially at that price. Dude can still play defense, and has like 2 years left, so it wouldnt be much of a burden to the Kings considering their financial situation. They also need defenseman to use as a stop-gap for their prospects after trading Muzzin and Martinez over the past two years. I do think they can leverage a 6th or 7th out of New York though (every draft pick counts).

I think Pulock AAV goes higher, Barzal deal makes sense to me considering the recent trend of RFAS signing bridge deals, and I think Toews would come in higher too. I do see Greene and Martin back in NY aswell. Bobby Ryan is interesting, I think he'd appreciate a culture like the Isles. But I do think he gets more than league min.

Komarov for Gaborik is interesting, the question for me is how much Leo is getting paid in actual cash considering Melnylk. I think the fit is there especially considering the connection between DJ Smith and him dating back to their Toronto days but I dont necessarily think Melnyk would do it. Dorion did give the Leafs a third for paying Zaitsevs signing bonus.

Honestly, I think the best move for the Isles would be to rid themselves of Boychuk and maybe even Clutterbuck (theyd probably retain on Clutterbuck) in the same trade. I dont like trading firsts to get rid of contracts especially after how the Marleau trade went down for us, but it might be worth a shot.

Quick question: Hows Oliver Wahlstrom coming along? Just curious to where he is.
Apollo2195 et Radu47 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 419
Hickey is really for anyone looking for an experienced 5/6 LHD, I just picked the flames due to the Brodie and Hamonic Situation (both RHD’s) and the possible overturn and uncertainty of the flames backend might have due to losing either of them, and also seeing people on this website including Hanafin in trades which I don’t know if I would do if I’m the flames depending on the return, but would leave a LHD spot open and if they don’t want a rookie full time in the 5/6 slot. Realistically he’s a buyout candidate but if a team wants him for cheap if we retain a little, works for us.

Just because fans repeatedly regurgitate as something, doesn't make it likely, basically people believe Hanifin is available because we were willing to move him at the deadline for a signed Hall & Vatanen, and at the time, we had Brodie would can play LD as well. There are also some that believe it's okay to trade Hanifin because they think Valimaki is top 4 ready. SO no trading Hanifin wouldn't open up anything except maybe the #7 spot as Kylington woould slide into the lineup.

The only uncertainty IMO with our backend is what RD we will acquire. Due to the emergence of Andersson last season, Hamonic was essentially replaced mid-season by Andersson and signing Mackey
Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 9 h 30
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Modifié 4 oct. 2020 à 9 h 49

Enjoy your night.

Yes, I can read, but in your original statement you said the Senators saved money by this trade.....well they don't, which was the basis of my disagreement of LTIR nonsense.
So the Sens pay 600,000 for Gaborik and then may want to pay 1m for a 4th line winger....for a total of 1.6.
Now do the Sens want pay 3m for Komarov (minus the 600,000 Gaborik trade). which is a 2.4m cost versus the 1.6m?
Having 4.6m Gaborik with the Sens ups their "cap floor" versus the proposed trade, though I don't think Ottawa will have trouble with the floor regardless.
You're right that might be good value for Komarov...the 2.4m and what he brings to a team...versus the 1.6m option.
Just wonder if Komarov wants to play for a poor team in his last NHL season when he can easily block any trade to a team with cap.
Apollo2195 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 10 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Apollo2195
Quoting: TheNewAge
I dont think the Flames would want Hickey honestly. Yes they'll probably lose Brodie and Hamonic but with Valimaki back in the fold, and assuming they keep Gio and Hanifin (despite all the trade talk around him), they got no real need for him. That 2M would be spent better elsewhere (perhaps towards a goalie?)

Leddy to the Kings makes sense, especially at that price. Dude can still play defense, and has like 2 years left, so it wouldnt be much of a burden to the Kings considering their financial situation. They also need defenseman to use as a stop-gap for their prospects after trading Muzzin and Martinez over the past two years. I do think they can leverage a 6th or 7th out of New York though (every draft pick counts).

I think Pulock AAV goes higher, Barzal deal makes sense to me considering the recent trend of RFAS signing bridge deals, and I think Toews would come in higher too. I do see Greene and Martin back in NY aswell. Bobby Ryan is interesting, I think he'd appreciate a culture like the Isles. But I do think he gets more than league min.

Komarov for Gaborik is interesting, the question for me is how much Leo is getting paid in actual cash considering Melnylk. I think the fit is there especially considering the connection between DJ Smith and him dating back to their Toronto days but I dont necessarily think Melnyk would do it. Dorion did give the Leafs a third for paying Zaitsevs signing bonus.

Honestly, I think the best move for the Isles would be to rid themselves of Boychuk and maybe even Clutterbuck (theyd probably retain on Clutterbuck) in the same trade. I dont like trading firsts to get rid of contracts especially after how the Marleau trade went down for us, but it might be worth a shot.

Quick question: Hows Oliver Wahlstrom coming along? Just curious to where he is.

Wahlstrom seems to have found his scoring touch a little more in the SHL, over in Europe, I think he might get a few games as a fill in like last year but I think he is another full season away from getting a real look at becoming an everyday player, unless of course injury’s force the islanders hand. I think once he is in he will slot as the 3RW unless the isles decide to move eberle (who’s NTC modifies next year) or Bailey in the 2-3 seasons.
TheNewAge a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 10 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Apollo2195
Yes, I can read, but in your original statement you said the Senators saved money by this trade.....well they don't, which was the basis of my disagreement of LTIR nonsense.
So the Sens pay 600,000 for Gaborik and then may want to pay 1m for a 4th line winger....for a total of 1.6.
Now do the Sens want pay 3m for Komarov (minus the 600,000 Gaborik trade). which is a 2.4m cost versus the 1.6m?
Having 4.6m Gaborik with the Sens ups their "cap floor" versus the proposed trade, though I don't think Ottawa will have trouble with the floor regardless.
You're right that might be good value for Komarov...the 2.4m and what he brings to a team...versus the 1.6m option.
Just wonder if Komarov wants to play for a poor team in his last NHL season when he can easily block any trade to a team with cap.

I agree, any movement of Gaborik (to anyone) would be determined by how much Ottawa will be forced to spend to ice a hockey team this season. If they are going to reach the cap floor without Gaborik I think they will move him to save the cash. If not they will keep him.

As for komarov going to any non-playoff team, I think komarov is looking to stick around in the league and I can see the Sens wanting him for a cheaper (Martin to the Leafs-esk) contract 2-3 year deal for a low cost/AAV even after this contract expires. Consistent role player that has a good history with teaching youth the right way to be a pro (Marner and Beauvillier).

I love the back and fourth deep nuanced hockey discussion. Just come in a little less hot next time haha.
palhal a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 14 h 8
Mentions "j'aime": 1,467
OTT is not moving Gaborik, paying him 600K + a open spot for one of their prospects is more valuable than having komorov play taking away a spot from a player that is better than him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage