SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vegas Golden Knights signed Robin Lehner (5 Years / $5,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 oct. 2020 à 20 h 43
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: HabsFan9
I don’t think so. Flower’s the face of the Knights and still an effective 1b

Yeah, but they currently have negative $59K in cap space, with 4 more players (including Stephenson) to sign.
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 29
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
Quoting: Hockyluv21
Without COVID, Lehner likely gets $7-8M+ on the open market. Good for both of them to finally give Lehner a permanent home.

No Goalies are getting 8 million dollars preseason anymore. It cannot work out to make a whole team work.
4 oct. 2020 à 2 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
No Goalies are getting 8 million dollars preseason anymore. It cannot work out to make a whole team work.

Neither can paying players 10 but teams do it all the time with their star players.
4 oct. 2020 à 12 h 22
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 43
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
Am I crazy to think they keep Fleury?

in a way you are. It isn't ideal to spend 12 mill on 2 tendys also unless they make moves they are capped out so they can't rn. They don't even need Fleury when Lundqvist and Greiss will hit the market.
4 oct. 2020 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Yeah, but they currently have negative $59K in cap space, with 4 more players (including Stephenson) to sign.

Vegas clearly has other moves in the works. They can only go 10% over the cap during the offseason and have to be cap compliant before opening night (whenever that will be.). That' s only 8.5 mil. Free agency starts on Friday, so if they are going to be able to make any significant move (Pietrangelo), then they will be announcing moves to shed cap-space.

They had a window to grab Lehner and had the foresight to do it. Highly unpopular with the fanbase but the results will speak for themselves. Sure Lehner could've gotten more on the market, but he obviously wanted term. Vegas gave him 5-years. Could've seen the writing on this one once he got his custom pads and helmet as most rentals don't do that? lol

So they will shed Engelland, Merrill, and Nosek (UFA's); resign Stephenson & Cousins.

Move Fleury, Stastny and another D-man (McNabb possibly Schmidt depending on how much they have to retain from Fluery's contract).

Aquire a back-up goaltender and make a run at Pietrangelo.

But who knows, I'm just a fan!!
5 oct. 2020 à 9 h 16
Devils Guy
Mentions "j'aime": 361
Quoting: KN31
in a way you are. It isn't ideal to spend 12 mill on 2 tendys also unless they make moves they are capped out so they can't rn. They don't even need Fleury when Lundqvist and Greiss will hit the market.

I think they find a way to keep both. Nothing wrong with having a 1 and 1b goalie tandem. Especially those 2 guys.
5 oct. 2020 à 10 h 54
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
Fleury to Seattle??? awesome face
5 oct. 2020 à 18 h 42
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Mentions "j'aime": 43
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
I think they find a way to keep both. Nothing wrong with having a 1 and 1b goalie tandem. Especially those 2 guys.

they don't need Fleury so they will unnecessarily spend 12 mill on them 2. I think it would be smart to buy him out or move him

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage