Forums/Armchair-GM

Billys Plan

Créé par: BoredWildFan
Équipe: 2020-21 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 1 oct. 2020
Publié: 1 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The team isn’t any better this coming season.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
22 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
33 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Rossi, Marco
3925 000 $
Transactions
MIN
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (SJS)
Détails additionnels:
According to Russo’s gut, a high pick or prospect is the return. He mentioned the 1st from TB or a 2nd. I went with a 2nd.
SJS
  1. Donato, Ryan
  2. Dubnyk, Devan (1 900 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Retention on Dubnyk equates to San Jose getting Donato for free.
MIN
  1. Fleury, Marc-André
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
Détails additionnels:
MAF waives because Billy is persuasive.
Vegas gives up a first because #29oa doesn’t help them in the short term nearly as much as the freed up cap space.
VGK
  1. Stalock, Alex
Détails additionnels:
Vegas clears 7million in cap for the next two years. Signs Lehner.
MIN
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (ANA)
Détails additionnels:
MIN moves up to draft a possible future 1C.
Marco Rossi
ANA
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (MIN)
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (MIN)
Détails additionnels:
Ducks move back from 6 to 9. Add picks 29 and 39.
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $74 481 091 $0 $925 000 $7 018 909 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
AG
UFA - 1
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 487 500 $1 487 500 $
C
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Rossi, Marco
925 000 $925 000 $
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 oct. 2020 à 20 h 42
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
Thats a lot to pay for 3 spots in the draft. But I like the idea here.
BoredWildFan et TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 20 h 53
John Leonard Viewer
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 444
I don't think the Sharks are looking to trade that pick. The COL 2nd, and then a lower pick or prospect is the most they would go.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 20 h 55
Quoting: jfrojelin
I don't think the Sharks are looking to trade that pick. The COL 2nd, and then a lower pick or prospect is the most they would go.

Yeah, but I think it comes down to how the Sharks view Dubs. The staff there probably looks at this differently than we do...
BoredWildFan a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 21 h 0
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,531
I like what you did here. Works for other teams as well. Even if it’s not perfect you’re trying to address the other teams needs properly.
jnowariak, BoredWildFan et TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 21 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,867
Our 2nd rounder is not one we're giving up in a Dubnyk + Donato trade unless it involves dumping Jones lol. COL 2nd is the max I'm afraid.
1 oct. 2020 à 21 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 92

Quoting: RawZuccSauce420
Our 2nd rounder is not one we're giving up in a Dubnyk + Donato trade unless it involves dumping Jones lol. COL 2nd is the max I'm afraid.

Either is fine by me. I just split the difference on what Russo threw out there. Doesn’t change the final goal of the plan, which is to move up to #6.
FunMustBeAlways a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 21 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: NYR1983
I like what you did here. Works for other teams as well. Even if it’s not perfect you’re trying to address the other teams needs properly.

That's the key to making posts here. Most AGM threads fail to address other teams needs, it's always nice to see those that do.

These seem pretty realistic, the Vegas trade I thought was a huge overpayment at first but when you consider historic trades that mirror this (Marleau trade specifically), that's about what it costs to move a big contract. As others have mentioned that's quite a lot to move up just 3 spots, something like 9 and 29 for 6 and 36 sounds close... Maybe a sweetener would be in order or we take a prospect instead of their 2nd. Right idea IMO, I really want Rossi. Otherwise maybe you even move up to 5 with Ottawa and get him or Perfetti depending on who Detroit takes.
NYR1983 et BoredWildFan a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 21 h 58
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,531
Quoting: TanSor
That's the key to making posts here. Most AGM threads fail to address other teams needs, it's always nice to see those that do.

These seem pretty realistic, the Vegas trade I thought was a huge overpayment at first but when you consider historic trades that mirror this (Marleau trade specifically), that's about what it costs to move a big contract. As others have mentioned that's quite a lot to move up just 3 spots, something like 9 and 29 for 6 and 36 sounds close... Maybe a sweetener would be in order or we take a prospect instead of their 2nd. Right idea IMO, I really want Rossi. Otherwise maybe you even move up to 5 with Ottawa and get him or Perfetti depending on who Detroit takes.

Ya. It might not take that to move up.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 2
John Leonard Viewer
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 444
Quoting: jnowariak
Yeah, but I think it comes down to how the Sharks view Dubs. The staff there probably looks at this differently than we do...

I mean Dubnyk was sensational the previous four years before this season. However, getting players for the least they can is the job of the GM
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 4

Following the Sens Athletic reporter and she suggests they may be leaning Rossi at 5 and Perfetti seems like a lock in Detroit. But honestly, 4 picks in the top 40 would be amazing for the org and its possible to use those to move into the top 20 and have 3 picks if Judd really likes a guy there. I would not be upset to get Sanderson at 9 and grab Mercer/Zary through a trade up.

I think what both of these trades and the trades that have happened show is how valuable actual salary is. Dubs with 50% retention is only a million in cash, and its still hard to believe that package would even warrant a 2nd but it makes sense in the current environment. Regarding Fleury, the market was set at a 2nd for about 4 mil for a year in the Staal deal so taking the full deal for 2 years is definitely worth a 1st.
TanSor, BoredWildFan et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 9
I mean Dubnyk was sensational the previous four years before this season. However, getting players for the least they can is the job of the GM

I would add that it goes both ways, if Minnesota retains, they would be in a position to buy him out. Given that, any trade with Dubnyk as a piece means he has positive value in some way shape or form. But this trade has the hallmarks of the Goodrow deal, lower tier player on a cheap contract that will play a specific role on the team. The Tampa first doesn't really sound out of line.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 12
Following the Sens Athletic reporter and she suggests they may be leaning Rossi at 5 and Perfetti seems like a lock in Detroit. But honestly, 4 picks in the top 40 would be amazing for the org and its possible to use those to move into the top 20 and have 3 picks if Judd really likes a guy there. I would not be upset to get Sanderson at 9 and grab Mercer/Zary through a trade up.

I think what both of these trades and the trades that have happened show is how valuable actual salary is. Dubs with 50% retention is only a million in cash, and its still hard to believe that package would even warrant a 2nd but it makes sense in the current environment. Regarding Fleury, the market was set at a 2nd for about 4 mil for a year in the Staal deal so taking the full deal for 2 years is definitely worth a 1st.

I've heard Sanderson or Askarov are also who they are looking at for 5th overall. Honestly I think most of what what we hear up to the draft is smoke and mirrors. Guess we'll just have to wait for Tuesday and hope we luck into Rossi... Otherwise maybe Guerin can swing a deal for 2nd or 3rd overall for Byfield or Stutzle (probably not happening but it's fun to dream)
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 17
I've heard Sanderson or Askarov are also who they are looking at for 5th overall. Honestly I think most of what what we hear up to the draft is smoke and mirrors. Guess we'll just have to wait for Tuesday and hope we luck into Rossi... Otherwise maybe Guerin can swing a deal for 2nd or 3rd overall for Byfield or Stutzle (probably not happening but it's fun to dream)

Yeah, Byfield is really the only guy I'm jazzed about trading up for. And as for smoke and mirrors, I think it shows the drop from top 3 and that there are real issues with each guy there. I do stats for a living so I'm all about keeping the lotto tickets knowing we've got a better shot of finding the next "number one center" if we draft more centers. And are we sick of hearing "number one center yet"?
TanSor et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 30
Yeah, Byfield is really the only guy I'm jazzed about trading up for. And as for smoke and mirrors, I think it shows the drop from top 3 and that there are real issues with each guy there. I do stats for a living so I'm all about keeping the lotto tickets knowing we've got a better shot of finding the next "number one center" if we draft more centers. And are we sick of hearing "number one center yet"?

Fellow professional data analyst here, haha. There is definitely a drop off in tier from Byfield/Stutzle to the next 5 -6 guys but Guerin always brings up how you have to draft a top center and they're rarely available for trade, well then lets take the gamble and pay the price for the better lottery ticket to get that top line center. Hell lets just say F it and draft mainly centers in rounds 2-7, maybe a defenseman or two sprinkled in, sort of like you indicated. I'm just sick and tired of this franchise's endless search for a top line center and I'd be willing to try to move up to draft someone like Rossi or Perfetti (probably a winger in the NHL but he's smart enough to play center if he wants to) to finally try to put an end to that search.

As for Byfield/Stuzle, I've been torn on this all year and I think I've swung back to team Stutzle. His skating is just incredible, the way he moves around the ice is like Brodin x 10. He can also handle the puck incredibly well at high speeds and I think his playmaking has a ton of upside. A lot of people knock him as a winger but I saw enough out of him to where I'm convinced he can become a better Backstrom. I can't argue with Byfield's raw package, but when you factor in how well Stutzle has played against grown men and has made them look silly, I think he'll be a star in the league in no time.
jnowariak et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 46
Fellow professional data analyst here, haha. There is definitely a drop off in tier from Byfield/Stutzle to the next 5 -6 guys but Guerin always brings up how you have to draft a top center and they're rarely available for trade, well then lets take the gamble and pay the price for the better lottery ticket to get that top line center. Hell lets just say F it and draft mainly centers in rounds 2-7, maybe a defenseman or two sprinkled in, sort of like you indicated. I'm just sick and tired of this franchise's endless search for a top line center and I'd be willing to try to move up to draft someone like Rossi or Perfetti (probably a winger in the NHL but he's smart enough to play center if he wants to) to finally try to put an end to that search.

As for Byfield/Stuzle, I've been torn on this all year and I think I've swung back to team Stutzle. His skating is just incredible, the way he moves around the ice is like Brodin x 10. He can also handle the puck incredibly well at high speeds and I think his playmaking has a ton of upside. A lot of people knock him as a winger but I saw enough out of him to where I'm convinced he can become a better Backstrom. I can't argue with Byfield's raw package, but when you factor in how well Stutzle has played against grown men and has made them look silly, I think he'll be a star in the league in no time.

I do wonder about the Byfield/Stuzle thing too, even if it matters not since neither OTT or LAK are moving the pick. But I'm really not too concerned about the "number one center." Where we are at, we need to get as many tickets as we can and take the best available. Its gonna be a rough few years but its gotta happen.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 51
I do wonder about the Byfield/Stuzle thing too, even if it matters not since neither OTT or LAK are moving the pick. But I'm really not too concerned about the "number one center." Where we are at, we need to get as many tickets as we can and take the best available. Its gonna be a rough few years but its gotta happen.

I agree, best available is your best bet but I think a lot of teams have guys in tiers and if they have a few players to choose from in the same tier then maybe you go with the position you need more. I think in the later rounds it doesn't matter as much and maybe you can prioritize need a little more since the drop off from pick to pick is essentially nothing. But yeah for the 9th pick I say take the best player available. If Holtz or Raymond are sitting there along with Lundell, I take either of the Swedes without hesitation.
1 oct. 2020 à 22 h 58
I agree, best available is your best bet but I think a lot of teams have guys in tiers and if they have a few players to choose from in the same tier then maybe you go with the position you need more. I think in the later rounds it doesn't matter as much and maybe you can prioritize need a little more since the drop off from pick to pick is essentially nothing. But yeah for the 9th pick I say take the best player available. If Holtz or Raymond are sitting there along with Lundell, I take either of the Swedes without hesitation.

100% agree. Raymond is a no brainer, but I would take Sanderson if he was there. Its hard to take the safe pick in Lundell when you hear the phrase "best pure goal scorer in the draft". I'm really interested in seeing where Lundell goes, everything I read about him is different.
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 4
100% agree. Raymond is a no brainer, but I would take Sanderson if he was there. Its hard to take the safe pick in Lundell when you hear the phrase "best pure goal scorer in the draft". I'm really interested in seeing where Lundell goes, everything I read about him is different.

I'm not a fan of Lundell personally. Watched a few games and yes, he's incredibly smart in his own zone, but the offense is extremely underwhelming despite what his point totals might indicate. To me everything except for his defensive awareness was below average, so I don't buy the hype. Just my opinion of course, others disagree with me. I also love Sanderson, he reminds me so much of Suter but he's a little bit more physical and doesn't have quite as good of a stretch pass. I'm also warming up to Askarov, I haven't caught a full game yet but apparently he's doing very well in the KHL this year.
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 9
I'm not a fan of Lundell personally. Watched a few games and yes, he's incredibly smart in his own zone, but the offense is extremely underwhelming despite what his point totals might indicate. To me everything except for his defensive awareness was below average, so I don't buy the hype. Just my opinion of course, others disagree with me. I also love Sanderson, he reminds me so much of Suter but he's a little bit more physical and doesn't have quite as good of a stretch pass.

That's exactly the assessment that scares me away from Lundell. I think Sanderson would be a perfect fit, he fits the MO and his timeline projects ideally with Suter's decline. He's got a year or two in college then a year to learn the ropes and then he takes over the 2nd pair LD as Suter's contract finally comes off the books. And just imagine what he could learn from 2 players who play an similar style to him.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Drysdale better be there at 6oa if you're paying that much to move up.
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 39
VGKNation702
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,611
VGK isn’t giving a first and taking ANYTHING back
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 40
That's exactly the assessment that scares me away from Lundell. I think Sanderson would be a perfect fit, he fits the MO and his timeline projects ideally with Suter's decline. He's got a year or two in college then a year to learn the ropes and then he takes over the 2nd pair LD as Suter's contract finally comes off the books. And just imagine what he could learn from 2 players who play an similar style to him.

Well apparently the Ducks are willing to move their 6th overall pick. Maybe we'll get lucky... Sounds like Dubnyk and Donato to SJS has also been agreed upon, but the ball is in Dubnyk's court.

https://theathletic.com/2023306/2020/10/01/nhl-trade-free-agent-oliver-ekman-larsson-bruins-canucks/
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 42
Quoting: VGKNation702
VGK isn’t giving a first and taking ANYTHING back

Stalock is better than not taking anything back... He is making near league minimum and was very solid as a starter for us last year. Worst case scenario you have as cheap of a backup as you can get who happens to be an above average backup
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 53
VGKNation702
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,611
Stalock is better than not taking anything back... He is making near league minimum and was very solid as a starter for us last year. Worst case scenario you have as cheap of a backup as you can get who happens to be an above average backup

Touché, but I think a 2nd is what it will take. Not a first
1 oct. 2020 à 23 h 54
Well apparently the Ducks are willing to move their 6th overall pick. Maybe we'll get lucky... Sounds like Dubnyk and Donato to SJS has also been agreed upon, but the ball is in Dubnyk's court.

https://theathletic.com/2023306/2020/10/01/nhl-trade-free-agent-oliver-ekman-larsson-bruins-canucks/

I saw that too, just wonder what's coming back. I wonder what Dubs ends up doing. It almost makes sense for him to retire if he doesn't go, as I have to assume a buyout is coming. And good for Donny to get his shot.
TanSor a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage