Forums/Armchair-GM

Is this team a contender

Créé par: Eli
Équipe: 2020-21 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 27 sept. 2020
Publié: 27 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Yes or no? And if so, how would you alter the picks in the trades to make them happen?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
43 500 000 $
33 300 000 $
43 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
22 000 000 $
Transactions
OTT
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar [Droits de RFA]
NYR
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (DAL)
Détails additionnels:
Plays well with Panarin. Lets Rangers spread their offense over three lines
OTT
  1. Andersen, Frederik
  2. Kerfoot, Alexander
  3. Marner, Mitchell
Détails additionnels:
$4.35M in salary, after offseason signing bonuses are paid
TOR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (SJS)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (CBJ)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
$19,393,000 in cap space to sign Pietrangelo, Hall, and a goalie, plus some great prospects
OTT
  1. Johnson, Jack
  2. Maniscalco, Joshua
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
WSH
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (OTT)
OTT
  1. Turris, Kyle
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (NJD)
NSH
    Future considerations; etc
    ARI
    1. Reilly, Mike
    2. White, Colin
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (NYI)
    OTT
    1. Leddy, Nick
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (NYI)
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de STL
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de COL
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de OTT
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2181 500 000 $69 907 999 $0 $3 742 500 $11 592 001 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Predators de Nashville
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 5
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    AG
    UFA - 1
    3 300 000 $3 300 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 3
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance710 000 $$710K)
    C, AG
    RFA - 1
    Logo de Capitals de Washington
    1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    730 833 $730 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    AG
    RFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 8
    Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
    7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Islanders de New York
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance450 000 $$450K)
    DG/DD, AG
    RFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    27 sept. 2020 à 10 h 50
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
    Quoting: Xqb15a
    The additions outside of Marner are either expensive, overrated, or over the hill. Any team that has Turris, Jack Johnson and OEL In prominent roles while also expecting guys like DuClair, Branstrom, and Brown to take the next step isn’t a contender. OTT needs to stay the course, use the draft capital they have accumulated and let the existing prospects continue to develop not spend a bunch of money and draft capital to become a maybe playoff team.

Panik's straight fire. Way underpaid. Poor man's Coleman. You must be thinking of some other players I added. So let's go through them.

Johnson's old and slow, and overpaid based on draft position from when he used to have some offensive skill back in the '90s or something, but he's reliable in his own end for 19:30 a night, and Ottawa needs exactly that, just as badly as Pittsburgh needs 3M in cap space.

Maniscalco's a prospect in college, so he isn't old or expensive. No one has heard of him, so he isn't overrated, either.

Ekman-Larsson just posted his best plus/minus in seven years. It hurt his offense. I think he should go back to playing offense, at that cap hit. Don't you?

Leddy is ancient and was never defensively sound, but he was really good in the playoffs this year somehow, and I think he really wants to win a Cup, and can still be decent when he really tries. NYI need cap space and would love to give him away for free to a team that has a spot for him to play, and Ottawa has that.

Kerfoot stinks. That's a cap dump for Toronto. But a big chunk of his pay is an offseason signing bonus, so he comes out fair-priced for the first season.

Marner's $700k from July to June. Then either they flip him for about a 10th overall and some prospects, or the franchise attracts additional investors with deeper pockets in order to keep him. https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mitchell-marner

Andersen, Turris, and Georgiev are the question marks, but in an earlier comment, a Rangers fan said Anismov could fetch half-priced Lundqvist, who is not a question mark. So I think this team contends for a year, then flips Marner next June, and only pays Marner and Andersen a combined $1.7M for the year.

Can you honestly think of a reason they shouldn't do that? Marner and Andersen for $1.7M for a year, for a top pick, but then they get to trade Marner away next summer, for another decent pick. Seems like a good idea to me.

Quoting: alpine4life
    This is a big No! from the Sens on all point of views... Melnyk and Dorion stated on multiple occasions that they would go for a rebuild the old way and that they would keep #3 & #5 to anchor that rebuild. And with a draft similar to 2003 for 2022, you may want to be patient with your "contending stuff"

And FYI this team still aint contending. The only two players that I'd want in there would be Panik and Georgiev. We need to find some centers more that wingers.

https://i.redd.it/nksnnt34rpo41.jpg

Even if they finish last, their odds of winning the draft lottery again are like, half, and the odds that player is actually as good as Crosby are like, a quarter. So you multiply those together and you come up with: Marner immediately helps this team make the playoffs, sell tickets, get games televised, and start making money.
    27 sept. 2020 à 10 h 51
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: Claesson4Norris
    Plus minus is such a horrible stat for measuring anything, especially defensive play. It's especially useless for guys who play the ridiculous icetime those guys do. They're on the ice so much all situations, of course they're going to be on the ice for a lot of goals. The stat doesn't tell you anything about how they effect play.

OEL was -3 this year. That says something. He's usually pushing for Mr. Futility. He stopped playing a risk/reward game, and turned into an overpaid Hjalmarsson. Bad trade.
    27 sept. 2020 à 11 h 57
    Rejoint: janv. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,981
    Quoting: Eli
    OEL was -3 this year. That says something. He's usually pushing for Mr. Futility. He stopped playing a risk/reward game, and turned into an overpaid Hjalmarsson. Bad trade.

What exactly does it tell you? Because he's worse defensive now that he ever was when he was a guy on the periphery of the Norris Conversation, and his +/- was way worse in those years. I don't really get your comparison to Hjalmarsson either
    27 sept. 2020 à 12 h 5
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: Claesson4Norris
    What exactly does it tell you? Because he's worse defensive now that he ever was when he was a guy on the periphery of the Norris Conversation, and his +/- was way worse in those years. I don't really get your comparison to Hjalmarsson either

Hjalmarsson used to be Arizona's main shutdown and PK defenseman. Now OEL is. Nobody noticed.

Stats change with roles. They keep trying to compensate for that, but I'm not sure it can be done.
    27 sept. 2020 à 12 h 46
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,004
    Panik's straight fire. Way underpaid. Poor man's Coleman. You must be thinking of some other players I added. So let's go through them.

Johnson's old and slow, and overpaid based on draft position from when he used to have some offensive skill back in the '90s or something, but he's reliable in his own end for 19:30 a night, and Ottawa needs exactly that, just as badly as Pittsburgh needs 3M in cap space.

Maniscalco's a prospect in college, so he isn't old or expensive. No one has heard of him, so he isn't overrated, either.

Ekman-Larsson just posted his best plus/minus in seven years. It hurt his offense. I think he should go back to playing offense, at that cap hit. Don't you?

Leddy is ancient and was never defensively sound, but he was really good in the playoffs this year somehow, and I think he really wants to win a Cup, and can still be decent when he really tries. NYI need cap space and would love to give him away for free to a team that has a spot for him to play, and Ottawa has that.

Kerfoot stinks. That's a cap dump for Toronto. But a big chunk of his pay is an offseason signing bonus, so he comes out fair-priced for the first season.

Marner's $700k from July to June. Then either they flip him for about a 10th overall and some prospects, or the franchise attracts additional investors with deeper pockets in order to keep him. https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mitchell-marner

Andersen, Turris, and Georgiev are the question marks, but in an earlier comment, a Rangers fan said Anismov could fetch half-priced Lundqvist, who is not a question mark. So I think this team contends for a year, then flips Marner next June, and only pays Marner and Andersen a combined $1.7M for the year.

Can you honestly think of a reason they shouldn't do that? Marner and Andersen for $1.7M for a year, for a top pick, but then they get to trade Marner away next summer, for another decent pick. Seems like a good idea to me.

Even if they finish last, their odds of winning the draft lottery again are like, half, and the odds that player is actually as good as Crosby are like, a quarter. So you multiply those together and you come up with: Marner immediately helps this team make the playoffs, sell tickets, get games televised, and start making money.

Marner and Andersson don’t make them a contender. What they do is put them in the murky middle where they don’t draft high enough or appeal to add talent. Sure Marner and Andersson cash wise are super attractive especially to a owner like Melnyk but imo it’s a year or two too soon to do that type of deal. Use this deep draft to add talent and see what happens.
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    27 sept. 2020 à 12 h 53
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Marner and Andersson don’t make them a contender. What they do is put them in the murky middle where they don’t draft high enough or appeal to add talent. Sure Marner and Andersson cash wise are super attractive especially to a owner like Melnyk but imo it’s a year or two too soon to do that type of deal. Use this deep draft to add talent and see what happens.

Getting into that murky middle of the league and winning a playoff round could help add a couple B grade UFAs next year. But more importantly, it could let Melnyk sell some shares in a team that's profitable again, and then his own personal finances stop being an issue in how he runs the team.

The Lundqvist trade is from a Rangers fan. Arizona is reportedly trying to cut costs. I added OEL instead of Hjalmarsson in my last Sens post, but Sens fans don't like OEL.
    Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
    27 sept. 2020 à 13 h 24
    Getting into that murky middle of the league and winning a playoff round could help add a couple B grade UFAs next year. But more importantly, it could let Melnyk sell some shares in a team that's profitable again, and then his own personal finances stop being an issue in how he runs the team.

The Lundqvist trade is from a Rangers fan. Arizona is reportedly trying to cut costs. I added OEL instead of Hjalmarsson in my last Sens post, but Sens fans don't like OEL.

Hjalmarsson has said he won’t waive his NMC right now so I get that. However if OEL were in a bigger hockey market he would be crucified. He has severely under played his contract, and imo is one of the most overrated players in the NHL right now. OTT ownership is some bizarre stuff for sure.
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    27 sept. 2020 à 13 h 32
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Hjalmarsson has said he won’t waive his NMC right now so I get that. However if OEL were in a bigger hockey market he would be crucified. He has severely under played his contract, and imo is one of the most overrated players in the NHL right now. OTT ownership is some bizarre stuff for sure.

Okay. So make a lowball offer. I feel like he's probably gonna be a slight upgrade over Hainsey.
    27 sept. 2020 à 13 h 58
    Okay. So make a lowball offer. I feel like he's probably gonna be a slight upgrade over Hainsey.

No offer not a fan of either team just my opinion
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    27 sept. 2020 à 14 h 56
    Mentions "j'aime": 128
    Yo if y’all got any more of them picks the Leaf’s left side is getting crowded- Dermott is young, looks good, and probably won’t cost much.

Excited to see how Ottawa plays it this offseason. Lots of options.

Also wouldn’t mind a top 10 or top 15 protected first for next year + Brannstrom instead of the 5th overall this year-I think this year’s draft is a can’t miss opportunity for Ottawa.
    Eli a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage