SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Jeff Petry (4 Years / $6,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

26 sept. 2020 à 22 h 33
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: palhal
Apparently he rejected 8.5m contract pre Covid. Apparently the Blues offered 7.7m recently....but lets say 8m. So what if Pietrangelo rejected 8m, sure doesn't mean he going to get offered 9m from any team. And certainly good teams...almost are close to the cap, aren't going to dismantle their lineup to fit in Pietrangelo.

Like mentioned above, Pietrangelo is a top 10 defensemen on the league and teams will find ways to make it work. If he goes to free agency I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 10 Million
28 sept. 2020 à 0 h 13
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830
Quoting: HabsForEver
If he goes to free agency I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 10 Million

I would. The Doughty and Karlsson contracts aren't looking good these days.
28 sept. 2020 à 6 h 57
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: drewjenkins
I would. The Doughty and Karlsson contracts aren't looking good these days.

Teams dont see that. They see gettimg a Norris contender for free
28 sept. 2020 à 10 h 51
Let's go Pens!
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 382
Quoting: SevenLeg
Fair AAV, too much term. I would have preferred 3 years as he'll be 34 when it kicks in

You're talking about just 1 more season. So, to me, it's a very good contract, anyway.
1 oct. 2020 à 19 h 4
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 58
Quoting: KN31
Horrible deal. We might as well say bye to one KK, Suzuki, Romanov,Poehling, or Primeau when their ELC runs out.

wow you're exceptionally delusional
HabsForEver et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2020 à 0 h 35
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 43
Quoting: RomanovTheAnswer
wow you're exceptionally delusional

how fam. Lets say Poehling, Romanov, and Primeau are out of the question but even if we do give Suzuki and KK bridge deals we will still be spending 28 mill on 4 players (petry, weber, price, edmundson) So unless they don't want big bucks when they get out of their ELCs we are ****ed in a way. However that isn't even too much of the reason why I am pissed. We will be overpaying another guy. It aint like we are spending 15 mill on tendys and we gave Edmundson who is a 6/7th dman a big deal. If you are happy with this signing you know nothing about hockey. If I wanted to give big bucks to a guy I wouldn't target Petry I'd get a LD so then we have a top 4 RHD slot to properly develop Mete or Brook or Fleury when that time comes. You are probably one of those people who liked the edmundson signing. Clearly you are a yes man who likes every move Mr.Incompetent (MB) makes.
4 oct. 2020 à 15 h 23
how fam. Lets say Poehling, Romanov, and Primeau are out of the question but even if we do give Suzuki and KK bridge deals we will still be spending 28 mill on 4 players (petry, weber, price, edmundson) So unless they don't want big bucks when they get out of their ELCs we are ****ed in a way. However that isn't even too much of the reason why I am pissed. We will be overpaying another guy. It aint like we are spending 15 mill on tendys and we gave Edmundson who is a 6/7th dman a big deal. If you are happy with this signing you know nothing about hockey. If I wanted to give big bucks to a guy I wouldn't target Petry I'd get a LD so then we have a top 4 RHD slot to properly develop Mete or Brook or Fleury when that time comes. You are probably one of those people who liked the edmundson signing. Clearly you are a yes man who likes every move Mr.Incompetent (MB) makes.

Nope. If you actually watched the Habs games this past season, you'd notice the two gaping issues in the Habs success were: 1. Lack of scoring. No trigger man, IT-factor offensive guy. 2. Gigantic hole on LHD.

Each LHD had their positives, but the OBVIOUS problem was their lack of toughness around the crease, failure to get the puck out of the d-zone, and atrocious communication and defensive positioning. Petry, Weber and occasionally Chariot (once his place was found) were the only defensemen who effectively defended. Mete showed light in moving the puck out quickly, but a vast majority of the time was caught up too high, late coming back, failing to take the offender off the puck, along with leaving players open. It only got worst from here.

Kulak was absolutely useless 70% of his time MTL. Anything wrong with any of the other LHD, he managed to be worst. His positive play was only introduced during the play-in. Fleury struggled due to his age and lack of experience, that's all; a bright future. Oullette was beyond useless. Did not help with anything other than basic competence. Chariot took time, luckily proved to be a much bigger upgrade over Jordie Benn and also a much better overall player than Mete. The REASON the Habs LOST at least 50% of their regular-season games was due to atrocious defending, and it doesn't take a sports scientist to see that the Left side of defense was to blame.
4 oct. 2020 à 15 h 32

Now, to address the contract point, I agree. I am not a fan of the Edmundson contract. I do like Edmundson, and I feel he is going to be useful and a solution to the LHD problem. Along with the addition of Romanov, Edmundson is a tough experienced very solid D-Man who can do what every LHD in the Habs system cannot do. He is a tall, heavy/strong, hitting defenseman who is great at the basics. Its gonna help. Sorry it doesn't suit your TVA-esc ideals but this is the real world. Not many elite players care to play in MTL unfortunately.
4 oct. 2020 à 15 h 38
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Nope. If you actually watched the Habs games this past season, you'd notice the two gaping issues in the Habs success were: 1. Lack of scoring. No trigger man, IT-factor offensive guy. 2. Gigantic hole on LHD.

Each LHD had their positives, but the OBVIOUS problem was their lack of toughness around the crease, failure to get the puck out of the d-zone, and atrocious communication and defensive positioning. Petry, Weber and occasionally Chariot (once his place was found) were the only defensemen who effectively defended. Mete showed light in moving the puck out quickly, but a vast majority of the time was caught up too high, late coming back, failing to take the offender off the puck, along with leaving players open. It only got worst from here.

Kulak was absolutely useless 70% of his time MTL. Anything wrong with any of the other LHD, he managed to be worst. His positive play was only introduced during the play-in. Fleury struggled due to his age and lack of experience, that's all; a bright future. Oullette was beyond useless. Did not help with anything other than basic competence. Chariot took time, luckily proved to be a much bigger upgrade over Jordie Benn and also a much better overall player than Mete. The REASON the Habs LOST at least 50% of their regular-season games was due to atrocious defending, and it doesn't take a sports scientist to see that the Left side of defense was to blame.

you are clearly stupid yes we may need puck moving dman to get the puck out of our zone but Mete and Kulak are still effective. Clearly you don't know enough about hockey to relise that this is a pretty bad signing as it will stunt the development of Mete, FLeury, and Brook. Tbh if we wanted to fill the LHD hole why wouldn't you just trade Petry and an asset for Brodin.
4 oct. 2020 à 15 h 41
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Now, to address the contract point, I agree. I am not a fan of the Edmundson contract. I do like Edmundson, and I feel he is going to be useful and a solution to the LHD problem. Along with the addition of Romanov, Edmundson is a tough experienced very solid D-Man who can do what every LHD in the Habs system cannot do. He is a tall, heavy/strong, hitting defenseman who is great at the basics. Its gonna help. Sorry it doesn't suit your TVA-esc ideals but this is the real world. Not many elite players care to play in MTL unfortunately.

Edmundson and Romanov aren't the answers and if you want elite player in montreal draft them. It is called rebuilding and re tooling. Romanov will help our puck moving problem and Edmundson is big but is useless and incompetent at literally everything and will be a liability. Please refer to the following image for referance
Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 15.25.46Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 15.25.23
4 oct. 2020 à 15 h 42
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Edmundson and Romanov aren't the answers and if you want elite player in montreal draft them. It is called rebuilding and re tooling. Romanov will help our puck moving problem and Edmundson is big but is useless and incompetent at literally everything and will be a liability. Please refer to the following image for referance
Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 15.25.46Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 15.25.23

nvm i can't drop the image but

nvm I cant drop the image but Edmundson is good at nothing and just makes us a bit bigger which doesn't do anything
5 août 2022 à 15 h 39
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
Horrible deal. We might as well say bye to one KK, Suzuki, Romanov, Poehling, or Primeau when their ELC runs out.

well

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage