Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 25
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: DDoverChucky
Hörnqvist is 33. Matheson 26. PIT wins long-term

Getting rid of that terrible Matheson contract is a win in and of itself. Gaining a decent asset in the process is a complete ripoff if you ask me.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 28
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,344
Quoting: mhockey91
They’re gonna probably trade one of petterson or dumo. They gotta role the dice with Matheson in the top 4 now. Unless they miraculously move JJ and run Petterson on the bottom pair

I'm the farthest thing from a Penguins fan but I'm convinced we can only win cups if we beat them in the playoffs. For that reason i would like to see them not trade Dumo. Quietly their best defensemen at defense. Petterson is young and solid. doesnt make sense to trade him so maybe they use Murray to dump JJ? still a lot of money for a 3LHD
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 28
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: justaBoss
Getting rid of that terrible Matheson contract is a win in and of itself. Gaining a decent asset in the process is a complete ripoff if you ask me.

Horny was on pace for 27goals and 50 points this year...Matheson looked like a good NHLer 3 years ago...Huge win if you are a Metro team not in Pittsburgh
justaBoss et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 29
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
When you think TRADES for Pittsburgh can't get any worse and then this happens!!! I am SOOOOO Over Jim Rutherford at this point. Please FIRE him!
OldNYIfan et hockey_GoDz a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: justaBoss

Meanwhile once again, you were one of the guys who said Hornqvist is a complete cap dump... change your story now I see
hockeyfanatic05 a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I'm the farthest thing from a Penguins fan but I'm convinced we can only win cups if we beat them in the playoffs. For that reason i would like to see them not trade Dumo. Quietly their best defensemen at defense. Petterson is young and solid. doesnt make sense to trade him so maybe they use Murray to dump JJ? still a lot of money for a 3LHD

I really hope they get out of JJ somehow, but i think petterson will be the cap casualty. I think Matheson will be better than expected in Pittsburgh. I can live with it.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 34
Caps fan idk why
I really hope they get out of JJ somehow, but i think petterson will be the cap casualty. I think Matheson will be better than expected in Pittsburgh. I can live with it.

i was wondering if he would be a good fit for washington 2 weeks ago. read a few articles on him and local blog.... nothing good and he was a cone in the islanders series. i wonder if the Penguins could turn him into a solid player. Horny added a net front that they havent addressed losing yet.... trade happened today but they need a blue paint player
mhockey91 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 24 sept. 2020 à 23 h 33
Quoting: Random2152
Step right up, take your chance to rob a senile old man! It's all the rage, don't be left behind! Only costs crappy depth role players and you can have your way with this senile old man!

GMJR asking Kyle Dubas for help rn

OldNYIfan et Trickster a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 36
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Meanwhile once again, you were one of the guys who said Hornqvist is a complete cap dump... change your story now I see

I don't think I've ever said Horny is a complete cap dump. I've said he's overpaid though.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 38
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,861
Easy dub for the cats
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 39
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,628
Modifié 24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 44
Matheson was ranked the 6th worst contract in the league last year according to Dom Luszczyszyn. His Positive Value Probability: 8.3%

Ofc Hornqvist contract isnt pretty, but there's way less risk than Matheson' one.

More chance than not that I'll turn out as an other bad trade for Rutherford. It could actually be his most damaging cause there's lot of money involved.
Kotkaniemi15 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 43
Let's go Pens!
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 382
I don't care to be minority at all. I have my own opinion and I like the trade from Pens perspective. I thought that Hornqvist would be traded for something like a 4th/5th rd pick because he's a declining veteran and expensive player. But we get some value back. @exo2769 was great in his review. I agree 100% with him. A player's value is based in present and what he can produce in the future. Both situations are not good by Hornqvist perspective. So, I'm satisfied with this trade.
hockey_GoDz a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 17 h 45
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
Is Ritherford officially the #Q joke of a GM in the NHL? Is anyone else (still with a job) actually worse?
24 sept. 2020 à 18 h 1
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
One thing that this and the Kapanen trade showed us about JR is that he really wants to win at least once more with Crosby & Malkin, future be damned. He doesn’t care if he overpays or acquires bad contracts as long as they stay under the cap this season.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 18 h 2
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
lot of bad takes on this trade. Lets just clear the record.

A. Honrqvist needed to be traded 2 years ago. He does not fit the penguins, it has been more than obvious.
His contract out is addition by subtraction. No matter how you view it and I don't think that was an easy contract to dump.
I actually predicted him to FL earlier. FL fans threw a fit, but it was a clear choice. Hoffman and Dadanov both going out the door. They need RW help. The question is do they really get it. The penguins needed to move him. That's all there is on that. So moving him to start is a win.

B. The writing is on the wall for JJ now. I don't think this trade happens unless that was already figured out. Be it buyout or trade he's gone. No need for 16 million on 4 LD.
Having said that, as I had also said earlier. POJ will not play a single game for the penguins. I will hold to that. Expect him to be moved out too.
You want a candidate for that trade. Hello TOR. JJ and POJ, to TOR. Probably something small coming back to the penguins. aka draft pick. POJ would be cheap LD on a capable young player with control, TOR easily has the capital to buy out JJ or bury him. TOR is cap strapped for a few years with a flat cap. Getting a guy on league min who can play LD for them is a win.

C. lot of talk on Matheson, be it good or bad. But remember one thing. RW are a dime a dozen, which makes RW with big contracts that are in decline hard to move.
Defense is always in need. People have railed on moving defensemen for some time. They said the same crap about Guddy. It would take a 1st to move his contract. He went to ANA cost nothing.
It is much much much easier to move defense if need be. Especially when they are young and have shown talent. Matheson numbers last year were not that bad. They weren't great but they were not that bad. There were much worse defense men in the league last year. Someone will always take a run at a younger defense man. There simply aren't enough of them. He clearly held some value even if people wanted to rip him for his 1 really bad season.
I will say one thing, he can be no worse than JJ or Schultz. He will also not play the RD side. If need be, they will be able to move him. Because injuries happen, and teams are always looking for defense.
If he plays even remotely well, they probably lose him to Seattle next year. So any issues of the contract, will be mute. As there won't be much available in the forwards or goalies if they trade Murray.

D GMJR has made some dumb moves in the past, this is the least of the stupid things he has done. They will bury Sceviour in the minors. It's one year. The rest of this trade is probably gone at expansion draft and will be an after thought. We won't be saying that about some of the other deals.
It's more than just a lateral move here. Do I think both teams won, no. FL got a player who will be hard to move if he doesn't perform. And truth is, he's too slow. He was to slow to be on the penguins, and it will show again in FL. Even if Matheson plays bad. He can still skate well enough to bounce around the league.
My question is, did he waive the M-NTC.
hockey_GoDz a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 18 h 3
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Yojimbo
Is Ritherford officially the #Q joke of a GM in the NHL? Is anyone else (still with a job) actually worse?

Currently no one. Stan Bowman might be next. Which is funny, because they have 6 Stanley Cups between them.
hockey_GoDz a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 18 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
IMO Hornqvist is the better player ... I don't understand this move for Pittsburgh, but it think it's a good deal for Florida.
OldNYIfan et Trickster a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 18 h 16
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Been hoping for a Hornqvist trade for a few seasons now, was a waste of cap space and ice time, was not helping the team win, the fact we got anything more than a 7th round pick is a miracle.
24 sept. 2020 à 18 h 23
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
The risk and upside goes to Pittsburgh. Matheson can be "fixed" in Pittsburgh. He's only 26 and signed through age 32. Hornqvist is 33 right now and signed until he's 36. Panthers simply dump the term but the upside isn't there. If Matheson improves, it's fathomable. If Matheson doesn't, GMJR is fired.
OldNYIfan et hockey_GoDz a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 18 h 27
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: EGM
Been hoping for a Hornqvist trade for a few seasons now, was a waste of cap space and ice time, was not helping the team win, the fact we got anything more than a 7th round pick is a miracle.

You got less than a 7th round pick. Matheson doesn’t have value.
Dan10900 a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 19 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Quickly trade with JR before he gets fired.
24 sept. 2020 à 19 h 39
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 251
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Quickly trade with JR before he gets fired.

Let's go Bergevin Alzner vs Crosby 🤔🤤🤣
24 sept. 2020 à 19 h 48
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 251
Perhaps JR was looking to add Colton Sceviour
24 sept. 2020 à 20 h 14
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Canes fans warned Pens fans about this type of stuff
Capitalfail67 et hockey_GoDz a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2020 à 20 h 19
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Modifié 24 sept. 2020 à 20 h 31
Quoting: Joe_La_Garnotte
Perhaps JR was looking to add Colton Sceviour

Get 1 year of a team friendly contract for 6 years of a 2M overpay... lol

Don't understand why they did this without any retention or sending JJ back the other way... honestly just a poor trade for Pittsburgh.
hockey_GoDz a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage