Forums/Armchair-GM

Please be logic before saying no to my Bouchards trade

Créé par: funnybrothers2
Date de création initiale: sep 20, 2020
Publié: 22 sep à 19 h 03
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Explications
Edmonton will be a better team with Gallagher for short term instead of Bouchard....and with the 10 overall they might be draft a defenseman like Bouchard.... it's all about timing
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
Puljujärvi, Jesse31 750 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
Evans, Jake3875 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
Hall, Taylor78 500 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Liste de réserve]
EDM
  1. Lehkonen, Artturi
  2. Juulsen, Noah [Droits de RFA]
  3. 2020 2e round pick (STL)
MTL
  1. Wood, Miles
NJD
  1. Byron, Paul
  2. Weal, Jordan
  3. 2021 3e round pick (CHI)
MTL
  1. Vesalainen, Kristian
  2. 2020 1e round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. Domi, Max [Droits de RFA]
  2. Mete, Victor [Droits de RFA]
  3. 2020 2e round pick (CHI)
  4. 2020 2e round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Bouchard, Evan
EDM
  1. Gallagher, Brendan (1 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Kulak, Brett
  3. 2020 1e round pick (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
Sign Gallagher 6m/6y
10th overall
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
  • Brendan Gallagher: 1 750 000 $ (46,67%)
ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
MTL
MTL
MTL
ANA
WPG
FLA
MTL
OTT
MTL
MTL
MTL
MTL
STL
VGK
MTL
OTT
PHI
MTL
MTL
MTL
MTL
MTL
MTL
MTL
MTL
STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $72 180 476 $0 $5 337 500 $9 319 524 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Hall, Taylor
8 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 1
MTL
Suzuki, Nick
863 333 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
MTL
Drouin, Jonathan
5 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
MTL
Tatar, Tomas
4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
MTL
Danault, Phillip
3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
MTL
Armia, Joel
2 600 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
WPG
Vesalainen, Kristian
894 167 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
MTL
Kotkaniemi, Jesperi
925 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
Puljujärvi, Jesse
1 750 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
NJD
Wood, Miles
2 750 000 $
AG
RFA - 2
MTL
Poehling, Ryan
925 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
MTL
Evans, Jake
875 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
MTL
Chiarot, Ben
3 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
MTL
Weber, Shea
7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
MTL
Price, Carey
10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
MTL
Edmundson, Joel
3 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 4
MTL
Petry, Jeff
5 500 000 $
DD
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
MTL
Allen, Jake
4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
MTL
Romanov, Alexander
894 167 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
EDM
Bouchard, Evan
863 333 $
DD
RFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 sep à 19 h 07
Hey Beter
Rejoint: oct 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,036
There are two players in the NHL I'd currently trade Bouchard for. Given that neither Aaron Ekblad or Charlie McAvoy are in this deal, it's a no from me. He's too valuable, given that he's a piece Edmonton's been desperate to have ever since you guys robbed us of Petry. Unless we're getting the NHL-ready version of what Bouchard is projecting to be, I'm not trading him for the moon.

Not a fan of the Puljujarvi trade either. If Edmonton is trading him, I want the quality that Holland is asking for (realm of a 1st round pick or A+, NHL-ready prospect), not a quantity deal.
22 sep à 19 h 15
Rejoint: nov 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 25
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
There are two players in the NHL I'd currently trade Bouchard for. Given that neither Aaron Ekblad or Charlie McAvoy are in this deal, it's a no from me. He's too valuable, given that he's a piece Edmonton's been desperate to have ever since you guys robbed us of Petry. Unless we're getting the NHL-ready version of what Bouchard is projecting to be, I'm not trading him for the moon.

Not a fan of the Puljujarvi trade either. If Edmonton is trading him, I want the quality that Holland is asking for (realm of a 1st round pick or A+, NHL-ready prospect), not a quantity deal.

Lol Aaron eklbad?! Really? Of all players loll....such a weird player to put in your top 2 desired players. Straaaaange!
22 sep à 19 h 16
Rejoint: mar 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 337
Yeah. Jets aren’t trading you the 10th pick, so you won’t have it to trade for Bouchard. Logic.
22 sep à 19 h 19
Hey Beter
Quoting: Lochness1202
Lol Aaron eklbad?! Really? Of all players loll....such a weird player to put in your top 2 desired players. Straaaaange!

Top-pairing, all situations right-handed defenceman with half a decade of term? Given that Edmonton needs to be winning now? I fail to see how you think that's strange.
22 sep à 19 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 801

Even if he returns to NHL, not one GM would offer that without seeing him on the ice.
Also, what is Puljujarvi's contract going to look like? If he is signing for league minimum, you may get a buyer.

Not saying they should take quantity, but if you can get cheap middle-six winger or 2nd-pairing d-man, I'd run with it.
22 sep à 19 h 21
Oilers GM
Rejoint: avr 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 557
the value is there. I just dont want to trade Bouch

We waited for so long for a good young defenseman prospect that shoots right, and now that we got one, we aint gonna trade it away
funnybrothers2 a aimé ceci.
22 sep à 19 h 24
Hey Beter
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Even if he returns to NHL, not one GM would offer that without seeing him on the ice.
Also, what is Puljujarvi's contract going to look like? If he is signing for league minimum, you may get a buyer.

Not saying they should take quantity, but if you can get cheap middle-six winger or 2nd-pairing d-man, I'd run with it.

He's been insistent on wating to play in the NHL and signed an NHL-out clause in his one-year deal with Karpat. He only left Edmonton because of how toxic his situation with the Oilers was. Given that the Oilers have shuffled enough people upstairs and shown that they aren't apt to be a basement dweller save for disaster, Puljujarvi and his agent have walked back their initial stance of never playing for Edmonton again.

Probably $1M/2y. If Edmonton trades Puljujarvi, it's likely after a one-year showing in the NHL, hence the term.

Glad you aren't in charge of the Oilers then. I'm fed up with them underselling on every asset they've ever touched. Maximum value or no deal: the Oilers have lost years from making trades for the sake of making trades.
22 sep à 19 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Glad you aren't in charge of the Oilers then. I'm fed up with them underselling on every asset they've ever touched. Maximum value or no deal: the Oilers have lost years from making trades for the sake of making trades.

Sometimes you have to lose a trade to make your team better. Good teams know this. Don't get obsessive about winning trades...'max value or no deal'....no good GM thinks that way.
22 sep à 20 h 10
Hey Beter
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Sometimes you have to lose a trade to make your team better. Good teams know this. Don't get obsessive about winning trades...'max value or no deal'....no good GM thinks that way.

What actual GM thinks they need to lose trades to win wtf hahaha
22 sep à 22 h 35
Top-pairing, all situations right-handed defenceman with half a decade of term? Given that Edmonton needs to be winning now? I fail to see how you think that's strange.

You think ekblad is top pair defensemen?....that probably explains a lot
22 sep à 23 h 02
Hey Beter
Quoting: Lochness1202
You think ekblad is top pair defensemen?....that probably explains a lot

Well, let's go through a few basic definitions of what a top-pairing defenceman would look like then, shall we?

-Ekblad ranks 31st among all defencemen that logged over 1000min at 5v5 TOI. There are 62 top-pairing defenders per team (2 on the pair, 31 teams, are you following?). By this metric, he's established himself as a top-pairing defender. Neat

-Ekblad ranks 3rd among all defencemen >1000min in 5v5 points and is 4th in Points/60. Considering ranking among the top-62 is the "loose" definition, Ekblad is substantially one of the premier defenders by point production.

-Ekblad ranks 11th in CF%, 9th in FF%, 12th in SF%, and 13th in GF% among all defenders with >1000min at 5v5. Ekblad is clearly in the upper echelon of defencemen in terms of even-strength shot and scoring rates.

Relative to the league, Ekblad is consistently one of the top defenceman in effectively any even-strength possession metric. The kid is an animal. He's so underrated because he's stuck on a Florida team that sees no coverage. Should he have been a #1 pick in his draft year? Probably not, but picking him outside of the top-5 would have been lunacy.

I don't know what you need to qualify a guy as a top-pairing defender, but Ekblad's the real deal. If he was on a real team, that would be a unanimous statement. The misinformed ambiguity probably stems from you watching exclusively Habs games and eating up the local beat writers' content like it was scripture.
23 sep à 7 h 46
Well, let's go through a few basic definitions of what a top-pairing defenceman would look like then, shall we?

-Ekblad ranks 31st among all defencemen that logged over 1000min at 5v5 TOI. There are 62 top-pairing defenders per team (2 on the pair, 31 teams, are you following?). By this metric, he's established himself as a top-pairing defender. Neat

-Ekblad ranks 3rd among all defencemen >1000min in 5v5 points and is 4th in Points/60. Considering ranking among the top-62 is the "loose" definition, Ekblad is substantially one of the premier defenders by point production.

-Ekblad ranks 11th in CF%, 9th in FF%, 12th in SF%, and 13th in GF% among all defenders with >1000min at 5v5. Ekblad is clearly in the upper echelon of defencemen in terms of even-strength shot and scoring rates.

Relative to the league, Ekblad is consistently one of the top defenceman in effectively any even-strength possession metric. The kid is an animal. He's so underrated because he's stuck on a Florida team that sees no coverage. Should he have been a #1 pick in his draft year? Probably not, but picking him outside of the top-5 would have been lunacy.

I don't know what you need to qualify a guy as a top-pairing defender, but Ekblad's the real deal. If he was on a real team, that would be a unanimous statement. The misinformed ambiguity probably stems from you watching exclusively Habs games and eating up the local beat writers' content like it was scripture.

Want to know who else is in the top 60 of ice time 5-5: Ben Chiarot, Ethan Bear, Zaitsev, Dekeyser, Kulikov, Nemeth, Severson....all top pair defensemen right?! Haha get real dude

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Supprimer une option
Soumettre le sondage