Forums/Armchair-GM

Planning The Future Discussion

Créé par: Mintyfresh
Équipe: 2020-21 Flyers de Philadelphie
Date de création initiale: 22 sept. 2020
Publié: 22 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Many people on here trying to improve the Flyers roster. A common theme many people do is adding a RD to pair with Provy. This is a huge misconception about that move and why it doesn't make sense. THE SEATTLE EXPANSION. Unless we use Sanheim as trade bait for a Sniping winger, then adding a top pair RD makes zero sense. We can only protect 3 Dmen next year. If we decided to protect 4 that would leave too many quality forwards unprotected so our only option is the 7 forwards - 3 Dmen option. Thus under that scenario We'd protect Provy, Sanheim and Myers without question. If we added a top pairing RD we would lose a high potential quality Dman and would have to pay a significant amount in capital to trade Seattle another asset to keep them so realistically adding a top pairing RD this offseason makes no sense (like I said unless we then use Sanheim or Myers to acquire a sniping forward).

Thus, we need to stop adding a top pairing RD, unless you as a result of that move, use Sanheim or Myers to get a goal scorer. Welcome to my TED Talk.

Also, this offseason we need to use Rubtsov as a part of any deal. He won't be protected and does carry potential of being a quality 2 way forward, we can't afford to protect him over other forwards and if we left him unprotected I think Seattle would pick him over the options we leave unprotected.

My Prediction is in the future Seattle takes a low cost forward with 3rd line talent, and then leverage our 1st round pick to take on JVR (if we don't trade him this offseason). It'll hurt to lose a pick, but it'll be worth the cap relief in a flat cap! JVR would only have 2 years left on the contract so it doesn't hurt Seattle's vision, and he provides a vet presence and some scoring in the right setting. Seattle obviously will try to compete right away like Vegas, and they'll try build their roster similarly. I don't think it will result the same way Vegas did. Vegas was a perfect storm, and things just worked out the right way for them.

What are moves you predict the Flyers will make this offseason though? Give me a trade target, a trade package, or anything. I'm interested in a fun discussion in the comments. What do you think of my thoughts above about the future of this roster and how to build it?
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1781 500 000 $63 530 799 $66 037 $582 500 $17 969 201 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
4 137 500 $4 137 500 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
NMC
UFA - 6
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
4 333 333 $4 333 333 $
C
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
1 075 000 $1 075 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
730 833 $730 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
G
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 967
I don't really follow the Seattle=No new RD logic. We have York Zamula Ghost and Hagg all ready or close to ready in a year or two if we theoretically lost Sanheim to the expansion draft.

My guess is they take a swing at Gaudreau this summer and sign a middle pair RD after the dust settles from Pietrangelo signing. Ghost will be traded for whatever due to AV not having faith in him and JVR will be dumped with a 2nd, 3rd and a B prospect to either New Jersey or Los Angeles
Mintyfresh a aimé ceci.
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 118
Quoting: DH28Hockey
I don't really follow the Seattle=No new RD logic. We have York Zamula Ghost and Hagg all ready or close to ready in a year or two if we theoretically lost Sanheim to the expansion draft.

My guess is they take a swing at Gaudreau this summer and sign a middle pair RD after the dust settles from Pietrangelo signing. Ghost will be traded for whatever due to AV not having faith in him and JVR will be dumped with a 2nd, 3rd and a B prospect to either New Jersey or Los Angeles

Sanheim is too quality of a player to just unprotect. Like I said if we get a RD of high value, it's better off to use Sanheim as a trade chip than just let him get plucked by Seattle. I 100% agree with what you are saying about the rest of the roster. I actually don't believe we get Gaudreau, but if we do it'll be for way less than Calgary fans on here would be happy with, looking at their posts.
22 sept. 2020 à 17 h 23
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 209
My choice for a scorer for Philly to go after, if he isn't extended by New Jersey, would be Kyle Palmieri, who I believe is super underrated in the league and is a legitimate 25+ top 6 goal scorer, and if Philly were to acquire him for say Aube-Kubel, Rubtsov and a 2nd (maybe a 1st depending on value at the time). It would be probably be a deal made around the mid way mark of the season, before the trade deadline.
22 sept. 2020 à 17 h 31
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 42
I get the logic for sure in terms of lack of protection, but I don’t think you can punt a move now considering you want to maximize the window. Thinking only a Pietrain move makes sense because youre saving assets in how you acquire the player. Any scenario where you add to the defense is going to create a picks and prospects deal to Seattle to not touch them.
22 sept. 2020 à 17 h 53
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Lets say they do acquire a top pair RD and next year is Provy-RD and then Sanheim-Myers they could most likely trade a 1st and 3rd to get protection on whoever isn't protected sure it may not be ideal but if they can go out and get a true top pairing RD it's kinda crazy not to. They most likely aren't going to be picking towards the top of a draft where guys who are going to be projected top pair guys at RD are going to be available

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage