Interesting Shakeup at the top

Interesting Shakeup at the top

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: ChiHawk
Publié: 22 sept. 2020 à 13 h 24
22 sept. 2020 à 13 h 28
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 888
Look, I don't want the CBJ to take a D in the first round, period... but to go with Wallinder when Barron is still on the board? Lord, no. They'd take Mysak, Perreault or Mavrik Bourque in this scenario.
22 sept. 2020 à 13 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,322
Quoting: benjgc
Look, I don't want the CBJ to take a D in the first round, period... but to go with Wallinder when Barron is still on the board? Lord, no. They'd take Mysak, Perreault or Mavrik Bourque in this scenario.

Possibly, but I think columbus would go left over right. There is not much separation as to who's better and need is more in play. CBJ are pretty bare with left handed D prospects.
22 sept. 2020 à 13 h 34
Quoting: ChiHawk
Possibly, but I think columbus would go left over right. There is not much separation as to who's better and need is more in play. CBJ are pretty bare with left handed D prospects.

Unquestionably, but Wallinder is a big reach in the first round, in my opinion. Plus, we've done well unearthing D prospects in the late rounds in recent years (Gavrikov, Nutivaara, Berni), so I suspect the staff wil go for the strong forward prospect depth in this draft in the first round before targeting Ds the rest of the way.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
22 sept. 2020 à 13 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,322
Quoting: benjgc
Unquestionably, but Wallinder is a big reach in the first round, in my opinion. Plus, we've done well unearthing D prospects in the late rounds in recent years (Gavrikov, Nutivaara, Berni), so I suspect the staff wil go for the strong forward prospect depth in this draft in the first round before targeting Ds the rest of the way.

Personally I think when you get outside of the top 20 or so, it's simply a gamble what you're getting. Even picks #13 to #20 will surely include a couple busts and a couple players that never reach their ceilings, while there will be a couple players that really surprise everyone. Top 12 and above and your chance of getting a really good player is about 80% which speaks to how deep this draft is.
22 sept. 2020 à 13 h 47
Modifié 22 sept. 2020 à 13 h 56
Quoting: ChiHawk
Personally I think when you get outside of the top 20 or so, it's simply a gamble what you're getting. Even picks #13 to #20 will surely include a couple busts and a couple players that never reach their ceilings, while there will be a couple players that really surprise everyone. Top 12 and above and your chance of getting a really good player is about 80% which speaks to how deep this draft is.

Agree with you there. But I think Bourque and Perreault both represent great fits for CBJ at this point, so I think Jarmo would either take them or trade back if he wants to take Wallinder/Emil Andrae/some other LHD.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage