Forums/Armchair-GM

Getting even younger

Créé par: ChiHawk
Équipe: 2020-21 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 22 sept. 2020
Publié: 22 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Toronto trade based off a previous Toronto AGM tonight. I know, losing Murphy hurts but we are also planning for the future by letting Mitchell step up and grabbing Lundell, Askarov (eventual Crow replacement) and Mercer (eventual Saad replacement) in the draft.

Hawks trade the #46 and #17 pick for the #12 from Florida.

Hawks draft Askarov and Mercer
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 650 000 $
21 100 000 $
23 250 000 $
21 850 000 $
24 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
23 500 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
CHI
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2021 (OTT)
OTT
  1. Smith, Zack
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CHI)
CHI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (PIT)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Murphy, Connor
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (CGY)
CHI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (FLA)
FLA
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (CHI)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (PIT)
CHI
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar [Droits de RFA]
NYR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
CHI
  1. Vesalainen, Kristian
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (WPG)
WPG
  1. Strome, Dylan
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (CHI)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de WPG
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de EDM
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $69 163 598 $1 090 244 $6 750 000 $12 336 402 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AD
RFA - 2
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 333 225 $3 333 225 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,322
Quoting: DJSums17
Pietrangelo you get no matter the cost. If he wants to sign here Dubas better do everything in his power to do so and everyone not named Matthews, Nylander, Hyman, Rielly, Campbell, Sandin and Muzzin are all trade bait.

Gudas and Tanev arent getting long term deals anyway and Gudas or Tanev aren't making huge money so they either play out the contract (if injured they go on LTIR) and if they arent a fit they'll be tradeable contracts come next year.

I dont see DeMelo as a game breaker so I don't see him making north of 3.5 unless it's a long term deal. I would take DeMelo cause he doesn't cost a pick to sign. Even if Murphy is better which I'm not sold on... he's not worth DeMelo and an B+ or better prospect.

Right, and a lot of teams are going to be going after Pietrangelo. The issue is the Leafs have to shed cap to make that happen, and aside from the names you mentioned above to do that, maybe one 2 or 3 teams in a flat cap world is willing to pay a decent price to take on the cap hit of JT or Marner so that's challenge number one. Challenge number two is guys like Johnsson, Holl, Engvall have very little trade value in a flat cap world. Sure you can move them, but these AGMs from Leafs fans thinking they can dump these guys for a 2nd round pick or more are out of their minds. Dermott is about the only guy that can fetch a 2nd. So in order to get Pietrangelo, and assuming nobody is willing to pay fair value and has the space for JT or Marner, Leafs have to move Johnsson, Holl, Envall and Dermott. Is it worth it, sure, but that's a lot of ground to cover.

Gudas and Tanev are again on the wrong side of 30, meaning they are not guys who'd I'd be counting on to plug the holes in the right side for a younger team like the Leafs. Tanev will cost around $4.5M also and will get a multi year deal. Are you really going to rely on him to be a first liner at this point? Tanev is probably 3rd line in PIT, MAYBE 2nd line if they re-sign him. Gudas even worse, the guy is a 3rd liner.

I think Gudas is a really poor argument to your point here, Tanev not great either. DeMelo is not bad but I'd argue all day and twice on Sunday Murphy is better but the gap isn't that wide. Pietrangelo is your best bet of course but the most complicated to make it work. If you guys miss out on him, you better rush to grab DeMelo and if you miss on out him, Murphy (despite costing assets) is a way better bet then Tanev or worse yet Gudas.
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Laudan
Its 500k which is bit more right ? Almost and additional player on roster......Again, rental vs 2 years noone is dening the difference, its just it should be 2021 1st ( so the "conditional one" ) and not the defined one of 2020 as 15 OA.

I understand you dont want to have nothing with Johnsson, i was trying to show what kind of return it should be, so 3rd liner who can net 30 points even if not leetching on Matthews.

Nope, it's not an additional roster player and again, go back when the trade happened and the % of cap he costs versus 500k today and the % of cap; it's negligible. Easily an extra year on a deal is way more important.

Yeah, Hawks easily decline the 2021 1st and Johnsson; again, Johnsson being negative value and a cap dump as far as the Hawks are concerned. You want Murphy, we have zero reason to trade him unless it's a 1st plus a prospect or 2nd or 3rd rounder and even then, I just don't see the Hawks moving Murphy for picks. Again, this website WAY overrates picks. Always take the NHL player if he is young enough to have more upside and is a solid player over a change in the draft to even get a NHL player.
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 38
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Modifié 22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 43
Quoting: ChiHawk
Nope, it's not an additional roster player and again, go back when the trade happened and the % of cap he costs versus 500k today and the % of cap; it's negligible. Easily an extra year on a deal is way more important.

Yeah, Hawks easily decline the 2021 1st and Johnsson; again, Johnsson being negative value and a cap dump as far as the Hawks are concerned. You want Murphy, we have zero reason to trade him unless it's a 1st plus a prospect or 2nd or 3rd rounder and even then, I just don't see the Hawks moving Murphy for picks. Again, this website WAY overrates picks. Always take the NHL player if he is young enough to have more upside and is a solid player over a change in the draft to even get a NHL player.

look, you want 15OA, it wont happen...lets just wrap this and move along then....no need to play same note on that fiddle again and again....
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 48
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 319
Right, and a lot of teams are going to be going after Pietrangelo. The issue is the Leafs have to shed cap to make that happen, and aside from the names you mentioned above to do that, maybe one 2 or 3 teams in a flat cap world is willing to pay a decent price to take on the cap hit of JT or Marner so that's challenge number one. Challenge number two is guys like Johnsson, Holl, Engvall have very little trade value in a flat cap world. Sure you can move them, but these AGMs from Leafs fans thinking they can dump these guys for a 2nd round pick or more are out of their minds. Dermott is about the only guy that can fetch a 2nd. So in order to get Pietrangelo, and assuming nobody is willing to pay fair value and has the space for JT or Marner, Leafs have to move Johnsson, Holl, Envall and Dermott. Is it worth it, sure, but that's a lot of ground to cover.

Gudas and Tanev are again on the wrong side of 30, meaning they are not guys who'd I'd be counting on to plug the holes in the right side for a younger team like the Leafs. Tanev will cost around $4.5M also and will get a multi year deal. Are you really going to rely on him to be a first liner at this point? Tanev is probably 3rd line in PIT, MAYBE 2nd line if they re-sign him. Gudas even worse, the guy is a 3rd liner.

I think Gudas is a really poor argument to your point here, Tanev not great either. DeMelo is not bad but I'd argue all day and twice on Sunday Murphy is better but the gap isn't that wide. Pietrangelo is your best bet of course but the most complicated to make it work. If you guys miss out on him, you better rush to grab DeMelo and if you miss on out him, Murphy (despite costing assets) is a way better bet then Tanev or worse yet Gudas.

Johnsson has value and so does Kerfoot. Not 2nd round value but still value. They aren't cap dumps. Engvall is good, young and cheap. Not a cap dump either. You also forget Leafs have Freddy and he's got the biggest value out of everyone. Leafs need to move on from him. He hasn't been good in the playoffs and in this world I don't see anyone with bigger value right now. A top 10 regular season starter making 1 mill in actual money. A team like Yotes and Sens would be all over that.

Gudas I like as a 3rd pair. Tanev is not making 4.5. At least not to a smart GM especially with term. I'll take Tanev at 3 for 2 years no problem. He doesn't have to play 20 minutes a night here. Plus Leafs have 1 of I'd not thee best medical teams in the league I'm not worried about his durability here.

IF we miss on Pietrangelo AND DeMelo. Murphy still isn't on my radar for RHD trade chips. Especially if Hawks want a 1st for him.
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Laudan
look, you want 15OA, it wont happen...lets just wrap this and move along then....no need to play same note on that fiddle again and again....

I don't think the Hawks move Murphy so what you or I want is irrelevant. All I'm saying is that is likely what the Hawks would require to move Murphy. You disagree and that's fair but this is in response to all the Leafs AGMs that think they are getting Murphy for Johnsson or for Johnsson and a 2nd with Engvall.

I personally think if Pietrangelo is off the table and DeMelo gets scooped up, the Leafs should go all in on Murphy as a plausible solution versus gambling that the #15 OA pick becomes a NHL player much less someone better then Murphy. Leafs are in the win now mode as they should be, not we'll win in 3 plus years when our prospects will develop.

That said, doesn't matter what you or I think in the end. Thank you for the conversation though. smile
22 sept. 2020 à 15 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Johnsson has value and so does Kerfoot. Not 2nd round value but still value. They aren't cap dumps. Engvall is good, young and cheap. Not a cap dump either. You also forget Leafs have Freddy and he's got the biggest value out of everyone. Leafs need to move on from him. He hasn't been good in the playoffs and in this world I don't see anyone with bigger value right now. A top 10 regular season starter making 1 mill in actual money. A team like Yotes and Sens would be all over that.

Gudas I like as a 3rd pair. Tanev is not making 4.5. At least not to a smart GM especially with term. I'll take Tanev at 3 for 2 years no problem. He doesn't have to play 20 minutes a night here. Plus Leafs have 1 of I'd not thee best medical teams in the league I'm not worried about his durability here.

IF we miss on Pietrangelo AND DeMelo. Murphy still isn't on my radar for RHD trade chips. Especially if Hawks want a 1st for him.

Not saying Johnsson, Kerfoot, Engvall or Holl don't have SOME value, but the point is it's not going to be as easy as some think to move all those pieces quickly to make room for Pietrangelo. It's not like all these trades can get done in a week and timing is everything.

Anderson is interesting. The goalie market right now extremely rich and Anderson has proved he was streaky this past year and he's just not a big game goalie which obviously is why the Leafs fans want to move on. Problem being, every other team knows that as well, so if the Leafs are okay with getting a 2nd and 3rd back as best, then by all means. However, while they free up $5M in cap, now they have a big hole to fill with the #1 position. No playoff winning goalie is going to come cheap either and not sure I'd want Murray (if that's what you were going to suggest) over Anderson anyway. Leafs should stay put or go after Markstrom and or Crawford. They will be tough to acquire but not impossible and both those guys have shown they carry the team in big games. Lehner is gone 1000% but would have been a good fit as well. Maybe make a move for MAF but how much cap would Vegas eat there? The ideas I've seen from acquiring one of Carolina's goalies would be a bad move for a starter; better off keeping Anderson.

Tanev will make $4.5M give or take $500K and he will not sign a 1 or 2 year deal, he's going to get a 3 to 5 year depending on the cap hit. That said, Tanev is not a 1st liner as you know so still a big hole for the Leafs there.

Gudas is fine as a 3rd pair and cheap but nothing to write home about and don't know why we're even discussing him.

If the Leafs miss on Pietrangelo and DeMelo, your only other option is Pesce and he will cost a lot to pry out of Carolina. There aren't that many good solid top 4 RHD guys available in the NHL, it's a known problem so agents and teams know this and will take advantage of teams needing them.
22 sept. 2020 à 16 h 13
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 319
Not saying Johnsson, Kerfoot, Engvall or Holl don't have SOME value, but the point is it's not going to be as easy as some think to move all those pieces quickly to make room for Pietrangelo. It's not like all these trades can get done in a week and timing is everything.

Anderson is interesting. The goalie market right now extremely rich and Anderson has proved he was streaky this past year and he's just not a big game goalie which obviously is why the Leafs fans want to move on. Problem being, every other team knows that as well, so if the Leafs are okay with getting a 2nd and 3rd back as best, then by all means. However, while they free up $5M in cap, now they have a big hole to fill with the #1 position. No playoff winning goalie is going to come cheap either and not sure I'd want Murray (if that's what you were going to suggest) over Anderson anyway. Leafs should stay put or go after Markstrom and or Crawford. They will be tough to acquire but not impossible and both those guys have shown they carry the team in big games. Lehner is gone 1000% but would have been a good fit as well. Maybe make a move for MAF but how much cap would Vegas eat there? The ideas I've seen from acquiring one of Carolina's goalies would be a bad move for a starter; better off keeping Anderson.

Tanev will make $4.5M give or take $500K and he will not sign a 1 or 2 year deal, he's going to get a 3 to 5 year depending on the cap hit. That said, Tanev is not a 1st liner as you know so still a big hole for the Leafs there.

Gudas is fine as a 3rd pair and cheap but nothing to write home about and don't know why we're even discussing him.

If the Leafs miss on Pietrangelo and DeMelo, your only other option is Pesce and he will cost a lot to pry out of Carolina. There aren't that many good solid top 4 RHD guys available in the NHL, it's a known problem so agents and teams know this and will take advantage of teams needing them.

Leafs don't have to move them right away. They are allowed to spend over the cap until the season starts in January or whatever. Which leaves plenty of time to move those guys.

That's why I suggested Yotes and Sens. Neither really need a top cup winning goalie and looking to save as money as possible. I'd look into getting Kuemper in that deal. I definitely don't want Murray. I donto like Crawford anyway but that's just personal opinion and not getting into that. Unless Vegas eats 50% I'm not taking Flower. I love Flower but he's aging and fast.

Max I'll go on Tanev is 3.75 x 3. I still like him but at a straight defensive player he's not worth a big contract in a flat cap world.

Gudas is needed in Toronto. Bottom pairing toughness and grit but not bad at hockey.

Pesche costs too much. Between them I take Murphy but again you're not getting 15 overall. I'd give a 2nd and Liljegren for Murphy and a 4th. Don't like it you don't have to take it.
22 sept. 2020 à 16 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Leafs don't have to move them right away. They are allowed to spend over the cap until the season starts in January or whatever. Which leaves plenty of time to move those guys.

That's why I suggested Yotes and Sens. Neither really need a top cup winning goalie and looking to save as money as possible. I'd look into getting Kuemper in that deal. I definitely don't want Murray. I donto like Crawford anyway but that's just personal opinion and not getting into that. Unless Vegas eats 50% I'm not taking Flower. I love Flower but he's aging and fast.

Max I'll go on Tanev is 3.75 x 3. I still like him but at a straight defensive player he's not worth a big contract in a flat cap world.

Gudas is needed in Toronto. Bottom pairing toughness and grit but not bad at hockey.

Pesche costs too much. Between them I take Murphy but again you're not getting 15 overall. I'd give a 2nd and Liljegren for Murphy and a 4th. Don't like it you don't have to take it.

I think the Yotes could be interested in a trade of Goalies as they are still competing in the playoffs but also have revenue problems. OTT doesn't have much use for a 1 year rental.

You won't get Tanev at $3.75 for 3 years, not happening.

Gudas is fine, he's a #6, #7 player on most teams but doesn't cost much.

We have ZERO need for Lillypad. You know it takes two teams to trade and you have to meet the need of the other team not just yours. If you understand that, then you understand that the Hawks have Boqvist and Mitchell of course whom are both better then Lillypad and then they have a pretty hot prospect in Regula and of course Seabrook not to mention Koekko who is cheap and been very solid. Leafs just don't have assets that would interest the Hawks other then picks or Nylander. Saad (1/2 retained) plus Murphy and a 3rd for Nylander would automatically make the Leafs a better team adding two defensive players plus Saad, despite being one of the better two way players in the league, was also on pace for 30 goals this season and is over 1/2 ppg in the playoffs...a beast in the playoffs given his two way game plus #1 PK and #2PP. It would hurt to move nylander but at the same time, if you can extend saad for $4.5M and 5 years I'd be all over it if I'm a Leafs fan.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage