SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Beta 2 - 2020 1st round

Mock Beta 2 - 2020 1st round

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Aking4thepeople
Publié: 21 sept. 2020 à 16 h 50
Description
Around 2 weeks from the draft, I have really looked into mock drafts from all over and would say I'm 90% comfortable with my top 15 picks and about 70% for the rest of the first round. This is just from what I would do as GM. I consider team need to be the top priority in my rankings. Each pick comes with a little background on why I picked them. Thanks for the Read! (Please note: I did not do any trades this is just my personal opinion on who I would think the GM of the team will pick in the situation) I enjoy doing these so please take it with a grain of salt, I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-The easy one, you can put the house on it
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Stutzle will be going #2 for me, he had a very impressive year and fits the current pipeline of golden prospects the Kings have.
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseByfield is an absolute gift to be 3rd overall, Senators have a lot to be excited about, I see his impact coming over his first few years in the league where he will be much more comfortable finally playing against people the same size as him.
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Raymond has been getting great attention and the more you hear the more you predict him going very early and right fully so. Raymond fills an immediate need in Detriot possibly playing right away, he is a true corner stone to start an offensive rebuild. he will battle every night.
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-The Senators again get the guy not picked from the team ahead of them and really come out of this first with at least 2 great talents. Ottawa with hpefully a new owner could be a team you can cheer for in a few seasons.
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-This was a tricky pick for me. I do not see the Ducks trading this pick but the options they have here won't solve any immediate issue but Holtz I believe will continue the trend of european skaters going early in this draft. He shows flashes to be a true top line winger and at worst I see him at a top 6 great on the powerplay.
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The Devils I see taking the shot on Sanderson. The offensive power will come, the young stars really need a face for the D who is not an aging PK. I think if New Jersey is believing in themselves they take the shot on Sanderson early in the first round and look for forwards a bit later in this round
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-The Sabers will be taking Perfetti here, I think he could be a great LW on the first line with Eichel. I think this is the best talent on the board here, he had an unreal juniors career
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-With Koivu on the way out a youth movement is needed for the forward core, Marco Rossi is an elite talent that I feel could replace a lot of the positives Koivu brought to the team in the next few years, Excellent pick.
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-I don't do trades in these mock drafts but for this purpose I have the Jets taking Quinn with the #10 pick, He fits right into the big hard playing jets.
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-The Predators are always that one player away and they don't often draft for immediate impact players. Lundell could be the injection of youth they are looking for. I like his play both ends of the ice, Skating needs work
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Do they take a goalie just to be safe? The Panthers don't know what to do right now but taking Jarvis here is a great pick, The D in this draft really fall off after the top 2 so getting a great 2 way forward fits here
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoAskarov welcome to Carolina, This fits well and I would be very happy to be a urricanes fan, They have elite talent everywhere but the net so this solves that
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Holloway gets his name called to the Oilers who get the potential winger they need. I see Holloway taking a little bit more time but he is a great pick here
15Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Penguins de PittsburghThe trend of great talent but needing development - Justin Barron fits a huge need the leafs have now in both the NHL and pipeling. Barron could be the steal of the draft this late but his skating must improve.
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Bergevin shows he takes who whoever they need the most, not by draft rankings so I see a bit of a stretch here but Braden Schneider is a great selection here, already has great size and will be a great top 4 pairing for years after some time in the minors (1 maybe 2 seasons)
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-The Blackhawks over achieved this season. They have and always will have great young talent, but grabbing Connor Zary here is going to set the centre role for a perfect transition of talent. I don't see Dach and Zary winning 3 cups but I think this gives them a great foundation to compete for playoffs regularly
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaThe Devils are rewarded big time for grabbing a great D prospect early and now take Dawson Mercer a excellent wing option to truly complete the dyanmic young talent they already have. He had a fantastic 2nd half to his season and will keep getting better
19Logo de Flames de Calgary-The flames may have a very busy offseason and I think with the team turnover expected we see them taking offensive help by taking Gunler here, He needs to size up a little to fill his frame but I see another excellent winger for years to come
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de VancouverThe devils are back up and taking Jan Mysak who I think will be the best european skater in this draft outside the top 10 picks. I think he is another excellent talent from the Czech Republic, look for immediate impact once he's in the line up
21Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-A strong team who are a few pieces away from being a true contender. The bluejackets take Lapierre here, who is potentially a great top 6 centre but fills the play style of the Blue jackets perfectly. I think this pick is fitting but could be a number of directions they go.
22Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineThe draft winners are back on the stage and grab Jacob Perreault, A very fast, skilled centre who is still a bit raw on fine tuned skills but could centre a second line very soon
23Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Philly is finally looking like they have got the star studded roster figured out, drafting Kaiden Guhle might seem early for lots but his size and potential to be a great deffender in his own zone might just be what they need.
24Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-A difficult finish to a hard season has Colorado selecting here, with amazing talent all nearly ready to take the next step it is wise here for the Avs to take the best talent available with Mavrik Bourque, Mavrik could be a absolute steal here and could go much higher in the draft, He won't be ready right away ut if he continues to develop he will be a excellent pick here.
25Logo de Capitals de Washington-The Capitals are still strong after a early exit from the bubble. Rodion is a great pick here for the Capitals, I see 2-3 years before making the roster but could be a top goal scoring winger given the right development
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-I want to see O'Rielly and O'Rourke on the same team
27Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonThe Ducks take a all around great forward in Brendan Brisson, He won't be a superstar but a excellent player for a rebuild on the fly team
28Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkOttawa is up again and take JJP out of Germany, I think this could be a treand for years with German talent on the rise, I feel JJP should be much higher on draft board, he is an extreamly hard worker
29Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Thomas Bordeleau is who I assume the Golden KNights will take, I really don't know what the game plan is for a pipeline of talent as they keep replacing the needs by trades. Bordeleau is a smaller but skill studded centre who might shine in Vegas
30Logo de Stars de Dallas-The Stars should not be this good, but they are and congratulations for that. I see them taking Nico Daws here and it should not be a surprise, he is a elite goalie talent that has been over shadowed by Askarov but I see this as the smartest pick in the draft.
31Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayHard year. The sharks look to support the blue line with Poirier and start a pipeline of much needed talented prospects.
21 sept. 2020 à 20 h 6
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
I'd love nothing more than the Caps to walk away with Amirov. But Dallas won't be taking Daws. They invested a 1st round pick in Oettinger back in 2017 and he still projects to be their starter in a couple years. I think they're better off going for someone like Reichel, Foerster or Khusnutdinov than a goalie at that spot
22 sept. 2020 à 21 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 69
I think the jets would prefer lundell over quinn. They are overloaded on the wing with goal scorers like Laine and Connor and they severely lack center depth. One of lundell or sanderson will most likely be available at 10 and I bet that the jets take one of them. The preds would then take quinn. Good mock though.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage