Forums/Armchair-GM

If they acquire his rights

Créé par: TheOtherAuston
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 21 sept. 2020
Publié: 21 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The reported deal on the table from STL Is 8 years by 7.7 - 8 million without bonuses. If the leafs acquired his rights and gave him the same offer but with ridiculous signing bonuses and structure he is looking for I would assume it would do the job.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
88 127 027 $
1800 000 $
21 750 000 $
Transactions
TOR
    Rights to Pietrangelo
    STL
    1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
    TOR
    1. Bemström, Emil
    2. Korpisalo, Joonas
    3. Savard, David (1 250 000 $ retained)
    4. Choix de 7e ronde en 2020 (CBJ)
    CBJ
    1. Andersen, Frederik
    2. Holl, Justin
    3. Kerfoot, Alexander
    4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (PIT)
    5. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
    6. Choix de 6e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
    LAK
    1. Engvall, Pierre
    2. Johnsson, Andreas
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de CAR
    Logo de COL
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de STL
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $77 750 144 $0 $1 032 500 $3 749 856 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    UFA - 4
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 5
    821 667 $821 667 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 4
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    UFA - 4
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    8 127 027 $8 127 027 $
    DD
    UFA - 7
    2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    -187 500 $-187 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    894 167 $894 167 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
    700 000 $700 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    764 167 $764 167 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
    C
    RFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 35
    Ville Koho
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 216
    You are not getting Pieto at under 9 lol
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 37
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: déc. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 434
    Quoting: Ville__Koho
    You are not getting Pieto at under 9 lol

You can think that all you want but I guarantee if he goes to a contender it will be for under nine, if it not a contender it will be nine plus
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 38
    Lets Go Blues
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
    4th round pick is probably accurate if the Blues sell his rights, but a team has to own the player at the prior trade deadline to be able to offer the 8 years. So the equivalent offer (that he rejected without offering a counter) would be 7 x 8.8 in terms of total money. IMO that's still a great contract for what you'd be getting.
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 40
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: A_K
    4th round pick is probably accurate if the Blues sell his rights, but a team has to own the player at the prior trade deadline to be able to offer the 8 years. So the equivalent offer (that he rejected without offering a counter) would be 7 x 8.8 in terms of total money. IMO that's still a great contract for what you'd be getting.

Not from what I've heard on tsn, they've reported he can be offered an 8 year if they acquire his rights. And if that's the case just do a sign and trade
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 41
    Ville Koho
    Quoting: TheOtherAuston
    You can think that all you want but I guarantee if he goes to a contender it will be for under nine, if it not a contender it will be nine plus

You paid Tavares 11 to come to your "contenting" team. Why didn't he sign for 9 or 8? Players rarely take discounts especially long term ones where it may be their last big contract.
    villenash et Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 43
    Banni
    Rejoint: août 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,154
    You paid Tavares 11 to come to your "contenting" team. Why didn't he sign for 9 or 8? Players rarely take discounts especially long term ones where it may be their last big contract.

hes asking for less than josi money which is 9
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 43
    Banni
    funny part is he cant even wear 27 if he comes
    TheOtherAuston a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 46
    Rejoint: janv. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 3

Tavares was offered 13mil by at least one team.
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 46
    Démarrer sujet

He did take less.... He was offered 13mill a year by san jose and north of 12 mill by NYI but keep chirpin
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 49
    Lets Go Blues
    Not from what I've heard on tsn, they've reported he can be offered an 8 year if they acquire his rights. And if that's the case just do a sign and trade

It's in the CBA. Rule 50.8, subsection (b) (iv):

"An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

Sign and trade would work but has it ever actually happened? Blues would be doing a free service for a player and team instead of letting them figure out the contract.
    GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 54
    Banni

"An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."

Sign and trade would work but has it ever actually happened? Blues would be doing a free service for a player and team instead of letting them figure out the contract.

blues would also get something for their norris candidate stanley cup winning captain insetad of letting him walk for nothing after giving him an embarrassing offer and using the money on garbage justin faulk
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 56
    Ville Koho
    He did take less.... He was offered 13mill a year by san jose and north of 12 mill by NYI but keep chirpin

Oh my. 13 mill geez that woulda been crazy, like McDavid doesn't even make 13.

IMO when you get past 10 mill tho the numbers don't really matter because at the end of the day you are still taking home 7 mill or more. When you are at 8 mill you will be taking home like 5 mill. Tho it may not seem like a big difference it really is
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 58
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,700

TSN is stupid. Leafs can only offer 7 years.

Now how much does that effect the number?

If petro was willing to go lower for more signing bonus than I think a max front loaded contract would get him around the same.
    TheOtherAuston a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 58
    Formerly Jamiepo

TSN is stupid. Leafs can only offer 7 years.

Now how much does that effect the number?

If petro was willing to go lower for more signing bonus than I think a max front loaded contract would get him around the same.
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 1
    Formerly Jamiepo

Nice to see that I’m not the only one here that actually reads the cba!!!

My question if petro is concerned with structure and leafs would give him not just signing bonuses but the max signing bonus, how much does that extra year come in to play?
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 2
    Lets Go Blues
    Quoting: vr1995
    blues would also get something for their norris candidate stanley cup winning captain insetad of letting him walk for nothing after giving him an embarrassing offer and using the money on garbage justin faulk

Thanks. As you know, all of us Blues fans are strong defenders of Justin Faulk and his perfectly reasonable contract, and we enjoy it when our GM low-balls our captain because he used the money on replacement level players instead.

Getting a 4th round pick is the return for letting some other team take a shot at signing him before UFA. It isn't the price of signing the player and trading him to a team that is looking for an advantage.
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 6
    Démarrer sujet

I guess tsn needs to figure out their s*** but I think the pick would probably just get ungraded to a 2nd would be logical thinking
    A_K a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 7
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Jamiepo

My question if petro is concerned with structure and leafs would give him not just signing bonuses but the max signing bonus, how much does that extra year come in to play?

I would read it if I could find it. Any links?

Edit lol just saw it
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 11
    Lets Go Blues

I don't know, I'm just trying to put the matching numbers out there. IMO total money would be more important than bonus structure for a guy looking for his last big deal. Getting more money upfront and in SB is nice, but does it cover for a missing 8 million? Maybe it does, but we don't have all those details. All we have is speculation that the Blues didn't wanna show him their structure because it wasn't bonus-heavy. They front-loaded the recent Schenn and Faulk deals a decent amount but they used no SB. If that's the case, I could see TOR offering the 7x8.8 (same total money as Blues 8x7.7 offer) deal with big SB and getting it done. Either way you spin it, it's crazy to me that we're discussing all these sub-9 AAV scenarios and yet the Blues don't want to get something done. Sad, considering I thought the only way he'd be walking is if he wanted 10.5+.
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 11
    Formerly Jamiepo
    I would read it if I could find it. Any links?

Edit lol just saw it

https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 15
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
    No need for 4th, they own us for J.Dakota...../joke
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 16
    Formerly Jamiepo
    I don't know, I'm just trying to put the matching numbers out there. IMO total money would be more important than bonus structure for a guy looking for his last big deal. Getting more money upfront and in SB is nice, but does it cover for a missing 8 million? Maybe it does, but we don't have all those details. All we have is speculation that the Blues didn't wanna show him their structure because it wasn't bonus-heavy. They front-loaded the recent Schenn and Faulk deals a decent amount but they used no SB. If that's the case, I could see TOR offering the 7x8.8 (same total money as Blues 8x7.7 offer) deal with big SB and getting it done. Either way you spin it, it's crazy to me that we're discussing all these sub-9 AAV scenarios and yet the Blues don't want to get something done. Sad, considering I thought the only way he'd be walking is if he wanted 10.5+.

That completely is determined by two factors. How the money is taxed and how it is invested.

My usual disclaimer... I am not completely on board with adding petro. It causes a mess this season and even more down the road.
    A_K et TheOtherAuston a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 19
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 576

Is Toronto really a contender? They are nothing short of terrible in the playoffs.
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 22
    Lets Go Blues
    That completely is determined by two factors. How the money is taxed and how it is invested.

My usual disclaimer... I am not completely on board with adding petro. It causes a mess this season and even more down the road.

If you guys were able to get a huuuge return for Marner then it might make some sense. The scenarios where nylander is moved and Andersen is downgraded for a cheaper guy look pretty scary to me. Just sign Demelo or Brodie or trade for Manson if the price is right.
    21 sept. 2020 à 11 h 30
    Who adds what?
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
    8*8=64, But only the team that had him last September can offer an eight year deal. So you're either trying to offer 65 over 7, at a higher cap hit, to outbid, or you're trying to make the first sign-and-trade deal in NHL history. It could be done, but not for a 4th round pick.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage