22 875 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
31 200 000 $
12 250 000 $
Transactions
EDM
  1. Ekman-Larsson, Oliver
Détails additionnels:
OEL waives his NTC to play for Tippett and Playfair again and play with McDavid and Draisaitl. ARI gets rid of $44.75m total owing to OEL with young players ready to step up. Chychrun, Goligoski, and Oesterle on the left and Hjalmarsson, Demers, and Soderstrom on the right.
ARI
  1. Lagesson, William [Droits de RFA]
  2. Russell, Kris
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Kris Russell's contract is a $4m cap hit but only $1.5m in actual salary with 1YL. ARI recovers two 1st round draft picks and a solid prospect in Lagesson who is ready to push for an NHL job. Russell, who can play LD/RD, and Lagesson allow ARI to move on from one of Goligoski, Hjalmarsson, or Demers if they can find buyers.
EDM
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
Oilers acquire a 4th round pick to replace the one traded to DET in the Mike Green deal.
BUF
  1. Kassian, Zack
Détails additionnels:
BUF has ample cap space and could really benefit from Kassian's speed, aggressiveness, and ability to play up and down the lineup. Kassian comes full circle in his career, having been drafted by the Sabres in the first round in 2009.
EDM
  1. Bozak, Tyler (2 500 000 $ retained)
  2. Parayko, Colton
Détails additionnels:
Oilers acquire much-needed 3rd line RHC in Bozak as well as a top pairing defenseman and local St. Albert product, Colton Parayko.
STL
  1. Klefbom, Oscar
  2. Räsänen, Aapeli [Liste de réserve]
Détails additionnels:
STL acquires an excellent 2-way LHD on a value contract with 1 more year than Parayko and cap space to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn. Klefbom is the same age as Parayko and while perhaps not as strong defensively, offers a bit more offensively, as well as left-right balance: Klefbom-Pietrangelo and Dunn-Faulk. STL has forward depth to absorb the loss of Bozak. Rasanen is compensation for retaining 50% of his contract. He has performed well in recent years and while something of a long-shot still to make the NHL, projects as a two-way centre.
EDM
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
Oilers acquire a 1st from TOR after giving one up to ARI, moving one back from 14th overall to 15th overall. They also gain back some of the cap space they lost in previous deals.
TOR
  1. Khaira, Jujhar
  2. Larsson, Adam
Détails additionnels:
After EDM takes Pietrangelo and Parayko off the market with STL deal, TOR has fewer RHD targets. TOR has reportedly been interested in both EDM players. In Adam Larsson, TOR gets a rugged, stay-at-home RHD who can play top or second pairing minutes. Dubas also reportedly likes Khaira who is big and a strong penalty-killer. Dubas will need to find cap space, but already created some in the Kapanen deal and likely doesn't resign Barrie. Lots of flexibility still for TOR to make other deals with their assets (e.g., Johnsson, Kerfoot, Nylander, or Marner).
EDM
  1. Kulak, Brett
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (CHI)
Détails additionnels:
Oilers acquire the largest contract in MTL's logjam at 3LHD and one of MTL's three 2nd round picks to replace one of the 2nd round picks they gave up to acquire Athanasiou. Kulak offers EDM a 3rd pairing defenseman to replace Benning at a slightly lower cap hit. He's a local product and a veteran to pair with Jones (who plays LD and RD) and Bouchard as they compete for the Oilers last roster spot. MTL gives up the 2nd round pick (#48) that comes immediately after theirs (#47), which ensures EDM doesn't take their player.
MTL
  1. Athanasiou, Andreas [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
I like Athanasiou and while I've created enough cap room to sign him, especially to the 15% below qualifying ($2.55m) that could be awarded by an arbitrator, he didn't earn Tippett's confidence and so it's probably best for both the player and the Oilers to move on.
EDM
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Oilers decide to give CGY the 2021 rather than 2020-3rd round pick to complete the Lucic deal. CGY must, therefore, give their 3rd round pick in 2020 to CHI to complete the Gustafsson deal, which means CGY will no longer have a 3rd round pick in 2020, definitely an added bonus to this decision.
CGY
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Raanta, Antti (2 125 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
As part of the OEL deal earlier, Oilers acquire Antti Raanta with 50% retained. In salary, ARI is only retaining $1m but the cap hit is what it really matters for the Oilers.
ARI
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (CHI)
Détails additionnels:
ARI acquires a 2nd round pick to replace the one they lost for violating combine rules. Jake Allen set the goaltender market at a 3rd round pick so the higher acquisition cost in this deal compensates for the retained salary and, I think, better talent.
EDM
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Oilers reacquire one of the two 2nd round picks they traded to DET for Athanasiou. DET has two other 2nd round picks.
DET
  1. Benning, Matthew [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
DET acquires an excellent 3RHD with strong analytics, which matters to Yzerman. Benning probably wasn't available for this price at the deadline because the Oilers were loading up for the playoffs, adding to their defense, not substracting.
EDM
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (SJS)
Détails additionnels:
Jake Allen trade established the market for goalies. Oilers acquire one of DET's two 3rd round picks in 2020.
DET
  1. Koskinen, Mikko
Détails additionnels:
DET acquires a goaltender who had a solid .917 SV% to replace Howard.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de BUF
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $78 665 699 $341 534 $730 000 $2 834 301 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 5
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance230 000 $$230K)
AD
RFA - 1
2 150 000 $2 150 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
808 333 $808 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
915 000 $915 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
DD
RFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 sept. 2020 à 14 h 4
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10
Modifié 20 sept. 2020 à 14 h 31
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Anyone is better than Larsson. Rushing Schneider straight into the league is better than Larsson. You won't get a 2nd for him. He isn't good and he's over priced and the exact opposite of what would be good for TO's system. A do nothing pylon who stands in front of his net and blocks shots all the time isn't what TO needs. They need defenceman that move the puck as well as defend. Like Muzzin. Larsson is just an old school stay at home plug that works in a very specific system where he can do exactly that. He's not worth his contract let alone a 1st.

That’s just wrong but thank you for your feedback.
20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 2
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Modifié 20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 37
Quoting: aadoyle
Winnipeg does not have the money for both a new 2nd line center and a new backup plus resigning all there rfas

In general Larsson is not who we need. He is asking upgrade over ceci as they both such at transitioning the puck. At most all dubas would give is johnsson nothing more nothing less

In general your values on players are way off. Dubas has finances on his side and if players want stability Toronto can give it to them. Plus they get big signing bonuses meaning more money in the end on a lower cap hit.

They have nearly $15m in cap space right now. None of their RFAs are big-tickets and if they keep Brossoit, they are not spending much on a backup. They have more than enough to sign Demelo and Hamonic. Hamonic wants to be there, which is generally unusual, and unless you overpay for Demelo, Winnipeg would likely compete on anything < $5m. Don't see why WPG couldn't provide these players with stability too. I suspect if WPG gets a 2C--and there is some suggestion that they were fine with Wheeler playing centre--they will likely make a trade and that will probably involve salary in and salary out, so I don't see that cutting into their $15m substantially.

As I said, as well, if the 1st is unattainable, 2-2nds should not be based on comparables. You know TO just traded Kapanen and spare parts for a 1st, a decent depth guy, and a quality prospect, right? Kapanen for Larsson was heavily rumoured by both TO and EDM media, so, I'm not crazy here, regardless of your biases.
20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 16
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Modifié 20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 27
Quoting: Ryminister_27
Or Toronto targets a better d-man on the trade market for the 1st rounder. They can offer a better package than what you've offered for Parayko easily. They could go after Brett Pesce or possibly Dougie Hamilton. There's Dylan Demelo in free agency. Bottom line is that there's much better ways to spend the 15th overall pick in a deep draft than a 3rd pairing d-man at best and a 4th line winger. It's an easy pass for Toronto. Not even considered.

I don't think they can offer a better package to STL based on needs. If STL moves Parayko, they logically need a LHD. Reilly is way too good; Muzzin is too old and too expensive to provide STL with the cap relief; and TO's other LHD are 3rd pair, regardless of future potential. The merit of my deal is that the Oilers assume nearly $4m in cap space and, though they get the best player in Parayko, Klefbom is not a massive drop-off in quality and even offers an additional year on his value contract than Parayko has. Financially, it's a great deal for STL.

Pesce and Hamilton are definitely very attractive options that TO should pursue over Larsson for sure. Realistically, I'm not sure Carolina is really prepared to move on either of them, even though they pop up on trade bait boards. If you look at their depth chart, they are likely walking away from Vatanen and Van Riemsdyk so that leaves them with only two natural righties in Pesce and Hamilton. More likely, they are standing pat (as Fleury can play LD or RD) or they are trading one of their lefties to acquire a righty, not trading their top 4 righties. Jake Bean, who is pushing up, is a leftie. Carolina could outbid EDM on the Parayko deal easily if they were so inclined but I doubt they want to take on $4m in cap.
20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 27
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Quoting: psoglav
That Parayko offer is beyond terrible for the Blues. Klefbom doesn't even open a conversation on Parayko. I'm not underrating him either.

None of the reasoning makes any sense at all either.

If you think it's terrible, then you either aren't noticing that EDM is taking on nearly $4m in cap or you are seriously underrating Klefbom (or overrating Parayko). The reasoning makes a lot of sense. The premise is STL wants to keep Pietrangelo (which may or may not be true). Including AP, STL has 3 righties that can play in the top 4. I think Faulk is untradeable because of the contract they gave him so that means STL has to decide between AP and CP. If they want to keep AP, they need cap. Bozak is their worst contract and they have more than enough forward depth that they can absorb his loss. So in this deal, they gain just under $4m in cap space by sending him out, even retaining 50% with 1 yr left. They also acquire Klefbom who is not as strong defensively as CP but offers a bit more offensive ability and plays an excellent two-way game. Klefbom's contract is universally recognized as a value deal and they get him for 3 years (as opposed to just 2 more with CP). The drop-off from CP to Klefbom is not massive by any stretch. A B prospect is a reasonable starting point to compensate for the retained money but I'd be open to increase the value of the sweetner to a point.
20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 36
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Quoting: TheOtherAuston
How does that pertain to anything I just said, I wasn't evaluating any players. I was stating that Pietro won't sign in Edmonton, it's not on his list of consideration.
Then there is the point of trying to send a left hand dman to a team that is rich in left hand dmen whilst robbing them of their best RHD it makes zero sense. Atleast when the typical leaf fan makes an AGM for parayko or Pietrangelo they are somewhat realistic

As for the larrson and Khairan for a first, sure they could probably get it from some team but not the leafs we have a glut of bottom six guys and if we wanted someone like khaira we would just sign someone similar and pay less for larrson why give up a first if you don't have to?

Rich in LHD? Dunn is their only bonafide top 4. You can't be thinking Scandella or Gunnarson are legit top 4, let alone anywhere near as good as Klefbom? As stated above, nobody has said Pietrangelo signs in EDM (least of all me) in this forum but now that you mention it, check out this article, https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1998237.
20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 39
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Quoting: Sabres923
Sabres are on a pretty tight budget this offseason. They probably shouldn’t spend 3.2 on bottom 6 players. They have a lot of RFA’s this year that’s why it looks like they have a lot of cap space.

Reasonable observation. Thanks.
Sabres923 a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2020 à 15 h 45
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Great explications on the trades, took a lot of time, but none of the other teams accept the trades.

Thank you. Just for fun at the end of day and Holland isn't an aggressive GM so I wouldn't expect such a drastic overhaul in EDM. Definitely not Holland's MO. I don't think the trades are unreasonable though, assuming that some of the premises are accurate (e.g., that STL wants to sign AP, ARI is looking to offload OEL as reported, and Dubas has interest in Larsson and Khaira). I'd readily acknowledge that some of them might require a bit of give and take with EDM able to offer some modest sweetners to make deals more attractive or willing to accept more modest returns, e.g., 2-2nds instead of a 1st from TO.
20 sept. 2020 à 16 h 23
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 319
Logic is very flawed. Larsson is 1 of the last options I'd go for. Even with Pietrangelo off the market there's at least a dozen better and cheaper guys then Larsson. Also those 2 don't get you a 1st. They barely get you a 4th. That's a lot of cap to eat and give up a 1st. Leafs paid a 1st to get rid of 6 mill of Marleau and you want to get a 1st? 😂😂😂
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2020 à 16 h 25
Quoting: aadoyle
Winnipeg does not have the money for both a new 2nd line center and a new backup plus resigning all there rfas

In general Larsson is not who we need. He is asking upgrade over ceci as they both such at transitioning the puck. At most all dubas would give is johnsson nothing more nothing less

In general your values on players are way off. Dubas has finances on his side and if players want stability Toronto can give it to them. Plus they get big signing bonuses meaning more money in the end on a lower cap hit.

I wouldn't even give up Johnsson unless a 2nd is coming back.
20 sept. 2020 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 101
Quoting: anduril
If you think it's terrible, then you either aren't noticing that EDM is taking on nearly $4m in cap or you are seriously underrating Klefbom (or overrating Parayko). The reasoning makes a lot of sense. The premise is STL wants to keep Pietrangelo (which may or may not be true). Including AP, STL has 3 righties that can play in the top 4. I think Faulk is untradeable because of the contract they gave him so that means STL has to decide between AP and CP. If they want to keep AP, they need cap. Bozak is their worst contract and they have more than enough forward depth that they can absorb his loss. So in this deal, they gain just under $4m in cap space by sending him out, even retaining 50% with 1 yr left. They also acquire Klefbom who is not as strong defensively as CP but offers a bit more offensive ability and plays an excellent two-way game. Klefbom's contract is universally recognized as a value deal and they get him for 3 years (as opposed to just 2 more with CP). The drop-off from CP to Klefbom is not massive by any stretch. A B prospect is a reasonable starting point to compensate for the retained money but I'd be open to increase the value of the sweetner to a point.

No, I think the trade is terrible because it is terrible for the Blues.

It saves the Blues $4m in cap? Entirely disingenuous. If the Blues are willing to retain 50% on Bozak then there are plenty of teams who would want Bozak at a $2.5m cap hit and $2.125m salary. Bozak at 50% for a mediocre prospect doesn't do anything for the Blues... they can find that easily elsewhere.

So this trade is Kelfbom for Parayko. Which saves the Blues $1.33m in cap.

First, Parayko is comfortably a top-5 defensive defenseman in the League, he's significantly better than Klefbom in this regard. Klefbom is a top-pairing defenseman, but Parayko is elite defensively.

Is Klefbom better than Parayko offensively? Sure. Parayko average 33.77 points per 82 games in his five years in the League. In the same five year span Klefbom averages 36.23 points per 82 games. 2.5 points a season better offensively isn't closing that defensive gap.

Then we come to the fact that RHD are more valuable than LHD. Then we can talk about the fact that Parayko has missed 13 games in his five years in the League. Klefbom has missed 99 in that same span.

Klefbom has an extra year on his contract, and that's great... but it doesn't add the value you think. It's far, far easier to be comfortable giving a healthy Parayko a long term extension at 29, how comfortable will it be giving an injury-prone 30 year old Klefbom the deal he's looking for in three years?

As for the whole right-left balance on defense... that's a load of nonsense. If Parayko was a lefty then he still wouldn't be playing with Pietrangelo, if you have two stud defensemen then you want them on different pairings; so that one is on the ice 45-50 minutes a game and they are raising the level of their two defensive partners.

As for your proposed pairings for the Blues should that trade happen... Dunn-Faulk would not be a good second pairing when you consider their skill sets. There isn't the issue that some like to pretend there is in having so much money tied up on one side of the defense, particularly when one can play either side.

Then the fact that the Blues have Dunn, Scandella and Gunnarsson on the left side, with Mikkola viewed as NHL ready and the organisation extremely high on Perunovich. Yet, we've got nobody beyond Pietrangelo, Parayko, Faulk & Bortuzzo in the right. Taking a RHD to add a lefty wouldn't make sense.

Downgrading Parayko to Klefbom to save $1.33m in cap is a terrible, terrible idea for the Blues. We save more than that buying Steen out.
anduril a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2020 à 17 h 21
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Because there’s rumoured interest in him. Honestly I don’t mind if the Oilers basically stand pat this year. Downsides to all these trades imo with the exception of the Klefbom deal which I know is a win for the Oilers but the premise is that STL wants to keep Pietrangelo, which actually recent reports suggest they are not so committed to doing.

Dubas does not have interest in Larsson. It's been speculation for years but has never happened. Why? Because Larsson is not remotely close to what the team needs. They don't need a ****ty stay at home guy who can't move the puck or really do anything except block shots and hit people because he's too slow and unskilled to do anything else. They need two way guys. Guys like Klefbom, Larsson sucks.
20 sept. 2020 à 19 h 3
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Quoting: psoglav
No, I think the trade is terrible because it is terrible for the Blues.

It saves the Blues $4m in cap? Entirely disingenuous. If the Blues are willing to retain 50% on Bozak then there are plenty of teams who would want Bozak at a $2.5m cap hit and $2.125m salary. Bozak at 50% for a mediocre prospect doesn't do anything for the Blues... they can find that easily elsewhere.

So this trade is Kelfbom for Parayko. Which saves the Blues $1.33m in cap.

First, Parayko is comfortably a top-5 defensive defenseman in the League, he's significantly better than Klefbom in this regard. Klefbom is a top-pairing defenseman, but Parayko is elite defensively.

Is Klefbom better than Parayko offensively? Sure. Parayko average 33.77 points per 82 games in his five years in the League. In the same five year span Klefbom averages 36.23 points per 82 games. 2.5 points a season better offensively isn't closing that defensive gap.

Then we come to the fact that RHD are more valuable than LHD. Then we can talk about the fact that Parayko has missed 13 games in his five years in the League. Klefbom has missed 99 in that same span.

Klefbom has an extra year on his contract, and that's great... but it doesn't add the value you think. It's far, far easier to be comfortable giving a healthy Parayko a long term extension at 29, how comfortable will it be giving an injury-prone 30 year old Klefbom the deal he's looking for in three years?

As for the whole right-left balance on defense... that's a load of nonsense. If Parayko was a lefty then he still wouldn't be playing with Pietrangelo, if you have two stud defensemen then you want them on different pairings; so that one is on the ice 45-50 minutes a game and they are raising the level of their two defensive partners.

As for your proposed pairings for the Blues should that trade happen... Dunn-Faulk would not be a good second pairing when you consider their skill sets. There isn't the issue that some like to pretend there is in having so much money tied up on one side of the defense, particularly when one can play either side.

Then the fact that the Blues have Dunn, Scandella and Gunnarsson on the left side, with Mikkola viewed as NHL ready and the organisation extremely high on Perunovich. Yet, we've got nobody beyond Pietrangelo, Parayko, Faulk & Bortuzzo in the right. Taking a RHD to add a lefty wouldn't make sense.

Downgrading Parayko to Klefbom to save $1.33m in cap is a terrible, terrible idea for the Blues. We save more than that buying Steen out.

Thank you for engaging thoughtfully. I take your point about Bozak at $2.5m having more suitors. That's fair. I'll need to reconsider how to make it more enticing or if there is a way for Edmonton to take the contract straight across. I also appreciate the insight on Mikkola and Perunovich. I'm not convinced that a left-side of Dunn, Scandella, and Gunnarsson is terribly attractive. Dunn and Klefbom would be a better top 4 by far with whoever the Blues wanted to slot in at number 3. My intent with the pairings was less about the chemistry of the combinations and more about pointing out the top 4. With AP, CP, and JF on the right side, you've got three righties that can and expect to play lots of minutes so that's the argument I was making for balance. I think more and more, NHL coaches prefer to play their D on their natural side.
psoglav a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2020 à 19 h 22
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Quoting: DJSums17
Logic is very flawed. Larsson is 1 of the last options I'd go for. Even with Pietrangelo off the market there's at least a dozen better and cheaper guys then Larsson. Also those 2 don't get you a 1st. They barely get you a 4th. That's a lot of cap to eat and give up a 1st. Leafs paid a 1st to get rid of 6 mill of Marleau and you want to get a 1st? 😂😂😂

A 4th is just wrong... that's bias and doesn't reflect comparables. You can read my responses in the forum as I've defended on the logic and conceded that the ask is a *reach* but it is not as outrageous as your counter. Six dmen have been traded in the past year for a 2nd+ (plus being another pick or prospect) and in most cases, Larsson is better and/or younger, and in some cases cheaper, than those guys. RHD especially have value and Larsson is a good one who plays in a top pairing role in Edmonton and would be at least second pairing on most teams in the league. He is 27. His major drawback is that he has had some on-again, off-again back problems and his performance did suffer some after his dad's death in 2018. But, when he's on his game, he is an absolute difference-maker in Edmonton and despite the fact that he was acquired for Taylor Hall, which was an overpay, he has a lot of fans in Edmonton. Larsson is 2nd on the Oilers, behind only Klefbom, in outlet pass success rate (71.5%) and stretch pass success rate (70.6%), and he leads the Oilers by far in his dz exit success rate (84.3%).
20 sept. 2020 à 19 h 26
Démarrer sujet
anduril
Dubas does not have interest in Larsson. It's been speculation for years but has never happened. Why? Because Larsson is not remotely close to what the team needs. They don't need a ****ty stay at home guy who can't move the puck or really do anything except block shots and hit people because he's too slow and unskilled to do anything else. They need two way guys. Guys like Klefbom, Larsson sucks.

Larsson is 2nd on the Oilers, behind only Klefbom, in outlet pass success rate (71.5%) and stretch pass success rate (70.6%), and he leads the Oilers by far in his dz exit success rate (84.3%). He is not too slow nor too unskilled. He is a second pairing RHD on most teams in the league. Larsson is a very solid defensive defenseman, which may not be sexy, but still has value in NHL today.
20 sept. 2020 à 20 h 42
Banni
Larsson is 2nd on the Oilers, behind only Klefbom, in outlet pass success rate (71.5%) and stretch pass success rate (70.6%), and he leads the Oilers by far in his dz exit success rate (84.3%). He is not too slow nor too unskilled. He is a second pairing RHD on most teams in the league. Larsson is a very solid defensive defenseman, which may not be sexy, but still has value in NHL today.

But the Oilers suck defensively so that's not good.
20 sept. 2020 à 23 h 37
Démarrer sujet
anduril
But the Oilers suck defensively so that's not good.

Well, it's not like TO is a shining beacon of defensive play. Maybe if they were, it would be easy to be dismissive of these results but given that they aren't, our 2nd best is probably not so crappy as your rose-colored fan glasses have you believing. In any case, you obviously have a largely unjustified bias against Larsson. That's fine. There are players I dislike too but it also tells me how to assess your feedback. Thank you for taking the time, though. I genuinely appreciate it.
21 sept. 2020 à 6 h 55
Banni
Well, it's not like TO is a shining beacon of defensive play. Maybe if they were, it would be easy to be dismissive of these results but given that they aren't, our 2nd best is probably not so crappy as your rose-colored fan glasses have you believing. In any case, you obviously have a largely unjustified bias against Larsson. That's fine. There are players I dislike too but it also tells me how to assess your feedback. Thank you for taking the time, though. I genuinely appreciate it.

Better than Edmonton and it wasn't that close. Edmonton was good at special teams but one of the worst teams at 5v5. TO was bad on the PK and 5v5 under Babs but average under Keefe and improving. Plus the Leafs spent a long stretch with Rielly and Muzzin hurt.
21 sept. 2020 à 9 h 37
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 101
Thank you for engaging thoughtfully. I take your point about Bozak at $2.5m having more suitors. That's fair. I'll need to reconsider how to make it more enticing or if there is a way for Edmonton to take the contract straight across. I also appreciate the insight on Mikkola and Perunovich. I'm not convinced that a left-side of Dunn, Scandella, and Gunnarsson is terribly attractive. Dunn and Klefbom would be a better top 4 by far with whoever the Blues wanted to slot in at number 3. My intent with the pairings was less about the chemistry of the combinations and more about pointing out the top 4. With AP, CP, and JF on the right side, you've got three righties that can and expect to play lots of minutes so that's the argument I was making for balance. I think more and more, NHL coaches prefer to play their D on their natural side.

Playing on their natural side is preferred, but Armstrong has wanted to have three strong RHD for a while. He tried to extend Shattenkirk, then he almost got Hamilton before he went to Carolina and finally got Faulk. So it's been five years that Armstrong has either had the depth on RHD, or been looking to add it. Even if Pietrangelo is to leave this offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong trades for another RHD or adds someone like Brodie in UFA.

I agree that Dunn, Scandella & Gunnarsson isn't particularly attractive on the left. However, it's not really meant to be. It's constructed so that the LHD is a solid player who is a good fit with his RHD partner, and the RHD is carrying the pairing and elevating the LHD players effectiveness on the ice.
21 sept. 2020 à 10 h 8
A 4th is just wrong... that's bias and doesn't reflect comparables. You can read my responses in the forum as I've defended on the logic and conceded that the ask is a *reach* but it is not as outrageous as your counter. Six dmen have been traded in the past year for a 2nd+ (plus being another pick or prospect) and in most cases, Larsson is better and/or younger, and in some cases cheaper, than those guys. RHD especially have value and Larsson is a good one who plays in a top pairing role in Edmonton and would be at least second pairing on most teams in the league. He is 27. His major drawback is that he has had some on-again, off-again back problems and his performance did suffer some after his dad's death in 2018. But, when he's on his game, he is an absolute difference-maker in Edmonton and despite the fact that he was acquired for Taylor Hall, which was an overpay, he has a lot of fans in Edmonton. Larsson is 2nd on the Oilers, behind only Klefbom, in outlet pass success rate (71.5%) and stretch pass success rate (70.6%), and he leads the Oilers by far in his dz exit success rate (84.3%).

Even if all that was true that's 3 stats and compared to a sh*t Oilers D core. Other then Nurse and Klefbom who else do they have?? It's not like Larsson is beating out guys like Rielly and Pietrangelo in those categories. Compare him to the rest of the league and 2nd turns into 141st...

I'm not biased against him. I wanted him on the Leafs for a long time... then I watched him play and ooffa I'd rather resign Ceci cause he'd be cheaper. Like dirt cheap...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage