Forums/Armchair-GM

Re signing Ovi And A Eagle on The Wing

Créé par: deledted_12_231
Équipe: 2021-22 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 19 sept. 2020
Publié: 19 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Wow! I thought I had a great idea, but before doing any real significant work on this roster, I came to realize it wasn't happening. Oomph!! Cap Hell.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
46 500 000 $
36 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
411 111 111 $
Transactions
WSH
    Seattle Draft
    VAN
    1. Oshie, T.J.
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (WSH)
    Détails additionnels:
    2nd to entice Seattle to take Oshie
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2181 500 000 $70 164 872 $472 927 $265 000 $11 335 128 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Capitals de Washington
    11 111 111 $11 111 111 $
    AG
    UFA - 5
    9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
    AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 3
    3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    725 000 $725 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $
    AG, C
    RFA - 3
    789 167 $789 167 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    AD, AG, C
    UFA - 3
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    716 667 $716 667 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    791 667 $791 667 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 25
    Steve
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 480
    Is Sam really worth a $6 million bridge deal? The kid’s only played 26 games in the NHL. I don’t follow WSH so just curios to what the chatter thinks. I figured 2x 2to3million was more what he’d get.
    NLidstrom a aimé ceci.
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 26
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 84
    Quoting: Stevierebz
    Is Sam really worth a $6 million bridge deal? The kid’s only played 26 games in the NHL. I don’t follow WSH so just curios to what the chatter thinks. I figured 2x 2to3million was more what he’d get.

If he plays well this year, along side with the fact he ran Holtby out of town, He is going to demand at least 5.5.
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 27
    HutsonNorlinderGuhle
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
    40 year old Ovie is not worth McDavid money
    deys3232 a aimé ceci.
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 30
    Hockee
    Rejoint: mars 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 868
    Id rather let Ovi walk than pay him that much
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 31
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 152
    Quoting: deys3232
    Id rather let Ovi walk than pay him that much

Really? Damn I'd overpay him after everything he's done in WSH
    Eli, villenash et Kalopsia a aimé ceci.
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 35
    Hockee
    Rejoint: mars 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 868
    Quoting: theBeer_Leaguer
    Really? Damn I'd overpay him after everything he's done in WSH

The NHL is a business. I get hes done a ton, but hes also earned tens of millions of dollars by the caps. Hes won a cup, hes had a fantastic career. But its not worth paying a player for who they were (look at seabrook and vlasic). Signing Ovi for big money will ruin the caps future, the cup window has pretty much closed. All the top guys are declining. Its best to trade/let walk all the top guys and undergo a quick rebuild. Be ready for the future
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 40
    Who adds what?
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
    Quoting: Stevierebz

This is how other teams would approach this. Look at Nashville and Columbus locking up great young goalies super cheap. Look at Calgary signing their backup to a decent backup salary after he had a year that was on a level with Holtby.

Quoting: Ciccarelli22andOvi8
    If he plays well this year, along side with the fact he ran Holtby out of town, He is going to demand at least 5.5.

Holtby had an off year. That doesn't mean Samsonov is better than Vanecek. Copley played pretty good as Holtby's backup the year before. Had stats almost on par with Quick for his season. Copley and Vanecek are healthy. Samsonov missed the playoffs with an undisclosed injury, so as an outsider, I have to give an edge to Vanecek and Copley for the #1 job out of camp. I figure the team signs a $1M UFA goalie to play in parts of 40 games and be exposed in the expansion draft. Samsonov gets into another 20-30 games to keep developing and, barring a 16 win playoff, signs 2 yearsx2.5M next summer.
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 43
    Who adds what?
    If you wait until next summer to sign Vrana's long term deal, and he does well, yeah, you're looking at the above or more. But then there's the Tuch approach. Take an overperforming middle six player and agree to pay him like a good middle six player for a long, long time. Could go well. Could go badly. But then there's no risk in moving him up the lineup if he does well.
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: Eli
    This is how other teams would approach this. Look at Nashville and Columbus locking up great young goalies super cheap. Look at Calgary signing their backup to a decent backup salary after he had a year that was on a level with Holtby.

Holtby had an off year. That doesn't mean Samsonov is better than Vanecek. Copley played pretty good as Holtby's backup the year before. Had stats almost on par with Quick for his season. Copley and Vanecek are healthy. Samsonov missed the playoffs with an undisclosed injury, so as an outsider, I have to give an edge to Vanecek and Copley for the #1 job out of camp. I figure the team signs a $1M UFA goalie to play in parts of 40 games and be exposed in the expansion draft. Samsonov gets into another 20-30 games to keep developing and, barring a 16 win playoff, signs 2 yearsx2.5M next summer.

What I'd really wish the Caps would do is resign Holtby at 8 x $6 . Trade Samsonov, And work on that D. By giving a mid range long term commitment to Holtby, you help with his headspace. By trading Samsonov, you are easing his mind when it comes to competition. Unleashing the Zen Holtby, that was the HOLTBEAST!!! Lol. But laughter aside, Holtby has performed his best with a heavy work load and UNLIMITED confidence. Also, pay the man for our cup please!!!
    19 sept. 2020 à 15 h 58
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    If you wait until next summer to sign Vrana's long term deal, and he does well, yeah, you're looking at the above or more. But then there's the Tuch approach. Take an overperforming middle six player and agree to pay him like a good middle six player for a long, long time. Could go well. Could go badly. But then there's no risk in moving him up the lineup if he does well.

I truly believe that Kuzy or Ovi has to go to make the cap limits the next few years. To me...if Kuzy goes, Ovi Stays. If Ovi goes, Kuzy goes. So, Sign Ovi to whatever for 4 years. Extend Vrana for $6 x 8. Just like Holtby. My horses have been hitched to Vrana since day 1. I picked him over Bura. He is gonna be an all-star 45 - 50 goal scorer. Put him on PP1 more as well.
    19 sept. 2020 à 16 h 8
    Who adds what?
    I truly believe that Kuzy or Ovi has to go to make the cap limits the next few years. To me...if Kuzy goes, Ovi Stays. If Ovi goes, Kuzy goes. So, Sign Ovi to whatever for 4 years. Extend Vrana for $6 x 8. Just like Holtby. My horses have been hitched to Vrana since day 1. I picked him over Bura. He is gonna be an all-star 45 - 50 goal scorer. Put him on PP1 more as well.

But why doesn't Washington ever use team-friendly contracts as comparables? Guys who recognize that, yeah, they're good, but they're good as part of a superstar-laden team and it benefits them to stick with it?

Is Vrana closer to Alex Tuch or Brayden Point?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/alex-tuch

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brayden-point
    19 sept. 2020 à 16 h 25
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    But why doesn't Washington ever use team-friendly contracts as comparables? Guys who recognize that, yeah, they're good, but they're good as part of a superstar-laden team and it benefits them to stick with it?

Is Vrana closer to Alex Tuch or Brayden Point?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/alex-tuch

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brayden-point

He is neither. Lol. I think his value is closer to Point's. But as for role, He is a Goal Scorer and under rated passer, with speed and a understanding of the game. Expand a 30-30 82 game pace out to 18-20 minutes per game with top power play time, and you have the recipe for a superstar.
    19 sept. 2020 à 19 h 53
    Caps fan idk why
    Rejoint: déc. 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,344
    Idk what I’m looking at lmfao. Sammy gets a 2.5-3m bridge deal. I’m not paying Seattle to take a 50 point winger. That’s just stupid. Vrana will get 5m.

Players that can be traded :
    Panik : 5th
    Jensen: 2nd-4th depending on how he does this year
    Kempny: 3rd
    Hags: 4th
    Mcmichael isn’t NHL ready for 2 more years.
    Sign Boyd for 900k
    If Alexeyev is ready trade Orlov for a 1st and prospect
    19 sept. 2020 à 20 h 15
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 297
    Quoting: deys3232
    The NHL is a business. I get hes done a ton, but hes also earned tens of millions of dollars by the caps. Hes won a cup, hes had a fantastic career. But its not worth paying a player for who they were (look at seabrook and vlasic). Signing Ovi for big money will ruin the caps future, the cup window has pretty much closed. All the top guys are declining. Its best to trade/let walk all the top guys and undergo a quick rebuild. Be ready for the future

Are you seriously comparing Ovechkin to Seabrook and Vlasic? Those guys were ancillary pieces on good teams, Ovechkin IS the Caps. You don't let the greatest goal scorer of all time walk while he's going for the goals record cause you're in a hurry to start a rebuild. You say the NHL is a business, but I don't think you understand what that means. Teams don't just single-mindedly evaluate every choice based on how it effects what the roster looks like on paper. It means factoring in the views of the fans and the players. Caps fans would riot if the team let Ovie walk, they'd be throwing away millions of dollars in ticket sales and merchandise revenue. To the players, it sends a message that the franchise doesn't reward loyalty. Guys don't want to play for a team that's gonna cut them loose as soon as the cost-benefit analysis says so. The Caps will never let Ovie walk, and it'll be the right business decision.

What I'd really wish the Caps would do is resign Holtby at 8 x $6 . Trade Samsonov, And work on that D. By giving a mid range long term commitment to Holtby, you help with his headspace. By trading Samsonov, you are easing his mind when it comes to competition. Unleashing the Zen Holtby, that was the HOLTBEAST!!! Lol. But laughter aside, Holtby has performed his best with a heavy work load and UNLIMITED confidence. Also, pay the man for our cup please!!!

Now that would be a contract on par with Seabrook and Vlasic. Outside of the cup run Holtby hasn't been an elite goalie, or even an average goalie since the 16-17 season. Giving him that 8x6M would definitely slam the window shut.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage