Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
So this is happening:

Noir_AG a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 22 h 2
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,188
I think he eventually re-ups in St Louis.

It's not a great market this offseason considering the cap didn't go up and a bunch of teams are going to be on internal budget. Most of the teams with cap that can fit his ask (north of 8 million) still have RFAs to sign and an expensive RHD might not be their top priority.

If he doesn't currently I think Calgary, Colorado and Vancouver are the most appealing options with space to spare. Winnipeg, New Jersey, Buffalo, Detroit and Ottawa have the space, but you'd have to play for one of those teams as a consequence.

As for Toronto, I think they'll talk but I don't see them making a significant offer.
18 sept. 2020 à 22 h 2
torontos finest
double post
18 sept. 2020 à 22 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Modifié 18 sept. 2020 à 22 h 59
So let’s look at the teams (from most to least cap space):

Ottawa and Detroit have room, but they’re bad and rebuilding, he isn’t going there.

The Sabres could afford him, but the rumour is that they’re on an internal budget, and I don’t think Pietrangelo would sign there anyways.

New Jersey can definitely afford him, but it depends on whether Pietrangelo is willing to go there.

Colorado might be able to swing it for this year if they moved out a player or two this year, but they’d be in big trouble next year. Although I guess it might be best to go for the cup now, and figure out everything else later.

Florida: On an internal budget, not a good team. Not happening.

LA is in the same boat as Detroit and Ottawa.

They might need to make a trade but the Flames can swing it.

Winnipeg is a perfect fit for Pietrangelo if he wants to go there. They have cap space for him, and he would improve their blue line a lot.

Dallas, doesn’t have cap space for him, and the team doesn’t need much changing.

Boston could be an option if they don’t re-sign Krug. I don’t know how willing management would be to make him the team’s highest paid player, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Rangers aren’t a fit positionally, or cap wise for the future.

Canucks don’t have cap space for him.

The Sharks can’t have 4 $7+ million defensemen.

Wild are similar to the Sharks, and don’t have the cap space.

The Oilers could afford him if they traded two or 3 players. Unlikely, but I guess it’s possible.

Montreal could trade Domi for futures to make room, but he doesn’t fit positionally or cap-wise in the future.

Islanders have no salary breathing room at all.

Washington doesn’t work.

Nashville doesn’t really have room to sign another player to a big UFA contract. And I can’t see Pietrangelo joining a declining team.

Chicago & Philly have cap space.

The Canes could afford him if they traded a D-man. Unlikely, though, due to the strength of their blueline and needs in net.

Columbus could afford him, I don’t think they fit eachother’s plans, though.

Toronto, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Vegas don’t have cap space.

Coyotes are signing Hall or nobody.

And the Ducks don’t have cap space, or fit the bill for a destination.

So, a lot of interesting teams, although not many that fit really well. If I were to bet, I’d say the Jets because they can give him the money and term he wants, and they have a great young core that he can join to do some real damage. Colorado & Boston are probably the best teams he could potentially join, but those are both long shots.

Edit: Forgot the Canucks.
Noir_AG a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 22 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mondo
I think he eventually re-ups in St Louis.

It's not a great market this offseason considering the cap didn't go up and a bunch of teams are going to be on internal budget. Most of the teams with cap that can fit his ask (north of 8 million) still have RFAs to sign and an expensive RHD might not be their top priority.

If he doesn't currently I think Calgary, Colorado and Vancouver are the most appealing options with space to spare. Winnipeg, New Jersey, Buffalo, Detroit and Ottawa have the space, but you'd have to play for one of those teams as a consequence.

As for Toronto, I think they'll talk but I don't see them making a significant offer.

It seems like it’s pretty much a done deal that he won’t sign in St. Louis.

And how would Vancouver work?
Noir_AG a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 23 h 29
torontos finest
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
It seems like it’s pretty much a done deal that he won’t sign in St. Louis.

And how would Vancouver work?

They have 14 million in space and not many people to sign. They'd probably lose out on Toffoli and Markstrom but they could do it with limited shuffling.
19 sept. 2020 à 9 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mondo
They have 14 million in space and not many people to sign. They'd probably lose out on Toffoli and Markstrom but they could do it with limited shuffling.

Toffoli wants to stay in Vancouver, and even if they lose Markstrom they’ll have to replace him. And they need to think to next year, where Pettersson & Hughes will make at least $18 million more than they do now.
20 sept. 2020 à 0 h 16
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Almost any team can afford Pietrangelo if they really want him. Teams can always make a trade or two to clear out the necessary cap space. Look at Nashville last summer. They had absolutely no chance of signing Duchene without making a huge trade. They dealt Subban to NJ and then signed him. Simple as that. TOR, VGK, PIT, WASH, etc...could all be potential landing spots for Pietrangelo.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage